Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 288363 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3990 on: May 25, 2022, 08:35:02 PM »
I think myself being in the front of the accident and only taking the damage to the back corner will have it easiest with insurance, but I'm sure this is going to be a nightmare to deal wtih.

I wouldn't sweat it honestly. You're clearly not at any fault. You likely wouldn't even need the police report, BUT definitely get it. It was clearly absolve you.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3991 on: May 26, 2022, 12:23:51 AM »
I think myself being in the front of the accident and only taking the damage to the back corner will have it easiest with insurance, but I'm sure this is going to be a nightmare to deal wtih.

I wouldn't sweat it honestly. You're clearly not at any fault. You likely wouldn't even need the police report, BUT definitely get it. It was clearly absolve you.

Definitely.  You got hit from behind, there is no fault to you whatsoever.  But it is annoying when things weigh on your mind at times you want to enjoy yourself.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3992 on: May 26, 2022, 08:16:26 AM »
Not just dealing with insurance but taking it to a shop and what not as well.  Just a pain. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3993 on: May 31, 2022, 07:19:40 AM »
Sorry you're going through that.

Rather than deal with 3 insurance companies, it may be easier to just deal with your own to have your car fixed, and have them subrogate against the other companies.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3994 on: May 31, 2022, 12:52:25 PM »
I'm operating under the assumption I don't want to get my insurance involved at all if I don't need to.  I think I'm going to make a claim against the truck and see what happens, then maybe also make a claim against the rav4.  I just don't want my insurance to go up or have to pay a deductible.  Either way, a problem to start figuring out next week, I'm in vacation mode now.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3995 on: May 31, 2022, 01:00:10 PM »
My insurance went up when I got into my first accident after nearly 13 years of driving and with no accidents prior to that. Wasn't even my fault. I was stopped at a red light at the end of an off ramp and a guy's brakes failed in his truck. He barreled into me coming off the highway. There wasn't a thing I could do and I still got dicked for it.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 05:15:31 PM by Chino »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3996 on: May 31, 2022, 01:11:30 PM »
My insurance went up when I got into my first accident after nearly 13 years of driving and with accidents prior to that. Wasn't even my fault. I was stopped at a red light at the end of an off ramp and a guy's brakes failed in his truck. He barreled into me coming off the highway. There wasn't a thing I could do and I still got dicked for it.

If the report comes back as 100% his fault and especially since he rear ended you, how could your insurance go up?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3997 on: May 31, 2022, 04:07:51 PM »
My insurance went up when I got into my first accident after nearly 13 years of driving and with accidents prior to that. Wasn't even my fault. I was stopped at a red light at the end of an off ramp and a guy's brakes failed in his truck. He barreled into me coming off the highway. There wasn't a thing I could do and I still got dicked for it.

You need to change insurance companies as they are screwing you.  It shouldn't have gone up.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3998 on: May 31, 2022, 05:14:58 PM »

You need to change insurance companies as they are screwing you.  It shouldn't have gone up.

I switched that afternoon.

If the report comes back as 100% his fault and especially since he rear ended you, how could your insurance go up?

Because they can :/ They only got one month of that extra money out of me though before I left them.

**edited my original post - should have read "no accidents prior to that"**

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3999 on: May 31, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »

15 minutes saved you 15%??
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4000 on: June 01, 2022, 06:55:19 AM »
.... or more?!

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4001 on: June 01, 2022, 06:56:42 AM »
It was Gheico that jacked my rates up  :rollin

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4002 on: June 01, 2022, 07:05:08 AM »

It depends on the laws in the state.

Here in the U.S., insurance is regulated state by state, not at a national level.  So if you are an at-fault state, whomever is deemed to be at fault has to pay, but only if the victim is 100% NOT at fault.  Laws can vary from state to state, and sometimes it can be hard to determine 100% of the fault.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4003 on: June 01, 2022, 07:10:40 AM »

15 minutes saved you 15%??

A little off topic but car insurance is ridiculous here. I got my renewal letter and my insurance went up to $187 (from $104 two years ago). I said fuck this called to cancel, they requoted me at $117 a month but I had to start a brand new policy with the same insurance company.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4004 on: June 09, 2022, 09:12:28 AM »
I finally got my police report for my accident a few weeks back now.  But my insurance company reached out to me because it looks like the 3rd vehicle filed a claim against me?  The guy I spoke to said he sees no liability from me so I should be good, but got to go through the process and I need to file that claim against the middle car (the one that hit me) and the police report does state the middle car hit me first then the truck hit the middle car.  The guy said if thats what the police report states that the middle car admits to hitting me first, then I am not liable.  It does state that so hopefully this gets sorted out without being a huge PITA and costing me.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4005 on: June 09, 2022, 10:23:30 AM »
How can anyone getting rear-ended be considered at fault / liable.  Were you going in reverse.  Up here, the laws are such that it is the 'following' driver's responsibility to be aware of what's in front of them at all times.  Short of pulling out right in front of someone who then cannot stop in time, it is ALWAYS the rear end"er" that is considered at fault.  Then again, we actually have "no fault" insurance laws up here, so there's that too.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4006 on: June 09, 2022, 10:34:04 AM »
How can anyone getting rear-ended be considered at fault / liable.  Were you going in reverse.  Up here, the laws are such that it is the 'following' driver's responsibility to be aware of what's in front of them at all times.  Short of pulling out right in front of someone who then cannot stop in time, it is ALWAYS the rear end"er" that is considered at fault.  Then again, we actually have "no fault" insurance laws up here, so there's that too.

I think that's what they are tring to claim.  I changed lanes too quickly.  This is also what the lady said to my face.  The police report states i changed lanes from right to left lane and quickly made a left turn.  It's basicly true that it was quick, but I never even stopped because there was no incoming traffic. She hit me after I had completed the lane change and was almost complete wtih the turn (hence why the hit on my car is only on the rear passenger side, not flat against my back).   The lady was very much not paying attention and I made that clear in my interview this morning that was recorded for the claim.  The police report also states she hit me first and then got hit by the truck behind her.  Since she admitted to hitting me first, my insurance guy said I should not be liable at all even with the quick lane change since I had already established myself in the lane fully.   

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4007 on: June 09, 2022, 01:57:38 PM »

With dash cams becoming as popular as they are, people are starting to get boned for brake checking. If you slam on your brakes in the middle of the highway with nothing in front of you and get rear ended as a result, there's a chance you can be found not at fault. Usually something like reckless endangerment or something. At least that's what my 18 wheeler buddy tells me. You'd be amazed how many people think it's a good idea to brake check a vehicle towing 80,000lbs at 70mph.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4008 on: June 09, 2022, 02:37:52 PM »

With dash cams becoming as popular as they are, people are starting to get boned for brake checking. If you slam on your brakes in the middle of the highway with nothing in front of you and get rear ended as a result, there's a chance you can be found not at fault. Usually something like reckless endangerment or something. At least that's what my 18 wheeler buddy tells me. You'd be amazed how many people think it's a good idea to brake check a vehicle towing 80,000lbs at 70mph.

I believe this is correct.  The rule isn't "if you're behind the other guy, you're always at fault.".   It's more correctly, "ABSENT ANY HARD EVIDENCE, if you're behind the other guy, you're PRESUMED TO BE at fault."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4009 on: June 09, 2022, 03:01:51 PM »

I believe this is correct.  The rule isn't "if you're behind the other guy, you're always at fault.".   It's more correctly, "ABSENT ANY HARD EVIDENCE, if you're behind the other guy, you're PRESUMED TO BE at fault."

Fair point.  I generalized a bit too much.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4010 on: June 10, 2022, 08:07:55 AM »
It's finally Friday. Two more weeks to go until my vacation starts.

This will be my weekend plans:

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4011 on: June 10, 2022, 09:00:36 AM »
Sounds perfect honestly.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4012 on: June 10, 2022, 10:32:09 AM »
So a friend of mine was on the Jimmy Fallon show, and I thought that was cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gssal8FY98U

He is contestant #2  :metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4013 on: June 10, 2022, 10:58:56 AM »
It's finally Friday. Two more weeks to go until my vacation starts.

This will be my weekend plans:

Man, that was one of my favorite episodes as a kid.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4014 on: June 10, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »
Hi Tim.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4015 on: June 10, 2022, 02:32:30 PM »
Hi Joe! How are you today?

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4016 on: June 10, 2022, 03:03:44 PM »
 :rollin

Proof you own it!!  Lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4017 on: June 10, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »
I knew that was coming.  :lol

Of course I own it. It's actually quite useful.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4018 on: June 10, 2022, 03:51:37 PM »
How can you do that to an original pressing.  I KNOW!!!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4019 on: June 10, 2022, 04:00:17 PM »
oh you two  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4020 on: June 10, 2022, 05:25:47 PM »
 :lol

Don't worry. We'll be texting like teenagers watching the Celtics tonight.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4021 on: June 10, 2022, 05:30:56 PM »
:lol

Don't worry. We'll be texting like teenagers watching the Celtics tonight.

Yup.

LOLing
OMGing
LMAOing
Hashtagging

Am I doing it right?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4022 on: June 10, 2022, 06:23:32 PM »
Almost you silly goose. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4023 on: June 11, 2022, 04:25:32 PM »
yoy know what’s really useless?? the M on TACs mug.  :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4024 on: June 11, 2022, 08:34:18 PM »
I knew that was coming.  :lol

Of course I own it. It's actually quite useful.