Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289828 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3675 on: December 14, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »
You sound like Gene Simmons.

If only my back account looked like his.

Though we were born less than 100 miles from each other.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3676 on: December 14, 2021, 08:01:03 AM »

That last fact is cool!   

Online Adami

« Reply #3677 on: December 14, 2021, 10:58:01 AM »

That last fact is cool!

I thought it sounded cool, since Israel is a small country, but apparently Haifa (where he's from) and Jerusalem (where I'm from) are considerably farther away from each other than I had imagined. No idea why I assumed Israel was like 10 miles long.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3678 on: December 14, 2021, 11:06:45 AM »
I've probably drank the equivalent of one cup of coffee in my whole life.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3679 on: December 14, 2021, 11:13:23 AM »
It's insane how you people without coffee survive, the thought of life without makes me shudder. And I only like one cup a day, sometimes two.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3680 on: December 14, 2021, 11:17:16 AM »
I guess my question is, do you use another form of caffeine?  I kind of wish I didn't need caffeine, but also, it is pretty enjoyable to get that boost.  I do wonder what life would be like if I never used caffeine. Luckily, it's not the worst thing to be addicted to. I drink 2 cups a day, but while I've been in Europe it's probably closer to 3 or 4 (as in, like 6-8 of their small serving sizes here)

Online Adami

« Reply #3681 on: December 14, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »
I guess my question is, do you use another form of caffeine?  I kind of wish I didn't need caffeine, but also, it is pretty enjoyable to get that boost.  I do wonder what life would be like if I never used caffeine. Luckily, it's not the worst thing to be addicted to. I drink 2 cups a day, but while I've been in Europe it's probably closer to 3 or 4 (as in, like 6-8 of their small serving sizes here)

I don't drink soda or tea (occasional tea, I guess) either. I guess if I happen to have some chocolate, that's caffeine? But other than that, nope.

I think it's also the difference between never having had something and giving it up. I'd imagine giving up caffeine is WAY harder than just not having had it in the first place.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3682 on: December 14, 2021, 12:28:39 PM »
I think it's also the difference between never having had something and giving it up. I'd imagine giving up caffeine is WAY harder than just not having had it in the first place.

Yeah totally.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3683 on: December 14, 2021, 09:16:02 PM »
If I had no care for my teeth or belly, I would drink soda all day every day, and not even for the caffeine. Just because I love it so. Alas, I have a soda once or twice a weekend, and then often with a splash bourbon of vodka in it. I have no idea what it is like to be hopped up on caffeine. I am a bit of a slug in the morning, and up till my current job, have never worked in an occupation that required me to be alert throughout the day. I've thought about trying those 5-hour energy shots or whatever they are, but never think I need that much of a kick during the day.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3684 on: December 14, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »
If I had no care for my teeth or belly, I would drink soda all day every day, and not even for the caffeine. Just because I love it so. Alas, I have a soda once or twice a weekend, and then often with a splash bourbon of vodka in it. I have no idea what it is like to be hopped up on caffeine. I am a bit of a slug in the morning, and up till my current job, have never worked in an occupation that required me to be alert throughout the day. I've thought about trying those 5-hour energy shots or whatever they are, but never think I need that much of a kick during the day.

A few friends have joked with me that I am probably so tired all of the time because I drink no caffeine. I do not drink coffee (I tried to like it, but it took a ton of creamer for it to taste good at all, and I figured there was no point in drinking it if I had to do that) and the only soda I have drank in the last 20 years is 7UP or Sprite.  Throw in a mild case of apnea and it's no wonder I feel half asleep all day, every day. :( :(

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3685 on: December 14, 2021, 09:39:49 PM »
I have often wondered how I would feel about mornings and approach the day if I consumed caffeine in the morning. I feel I am generally tired throughout the day, and just assume everyone feels this way. Then I see people who are way too perky and wonder if that is just how they are, if they are putting up a front, or are caffeinated to the brim.

Offline newtree43

« Reply #3686 on: December 16, 2021, 02:28:15 AM »
It's insane how you people without coffee survive, the thought of life without makes me shudder. And I only like one cup a day, sometimes two.

double bagging a yorkshire tea has similar caffiene to a coffee and if u use a pot you can get that stuff pretty thick. hot milk and u got a lattea

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3687 on: December 16, 2021, 06:16:58 AM »
I have often wondered how I would feel about mornings and approach the day if I consumed caffeine in the morning. I feel I am generally tired throughout the day, and just assume everyone feels this way. Then I see people who are way too perky and wonder if that is just how they are, if they are putting up a front, or are caffeinated to the brim.

If I were to guess I'd say caffeinated, I didn't start drinking coffee until my early 20s but I remember before then it was a real slog to get through the morning. I typically have no problem getting up but waking up is harder without coffee.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3688 on: December 17, 2021, 01:33:14 PM »

If I were to guess I'd say caffeinated, I didn't start drinking coffee until my early 20s but I remember before then it was a real slog to get through the morning. I typically have no problem getting up but waking up is harder without coffee.

I actually know people who are just hyper without caffeine, just who they are. You give them coffee or sugar and they are jumping on walls.

Maybe is because I started drinking coffee at an early age because of my family, but coffee does nothing for me (And I drink dark roast coffee). I feel the same with a cup of coffee or without it. I just drink it nowadays out of habit, usually 1 cup a day, sometimes none. But to be fair, I've always been a morning person. Usually up by 7am. As long as I get 5+ hours of sleep, I'm good for the day.

I honestly have been thinking of substituting it with tea, but Yogi tea stopped making the one tea I liked.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3689 on: December 17, 2021, 05:03:51 PM »

I actually know people who are just hyper without caffeine, just who they are. You give them coffee or sugar and they are jumping on walls.

Maybe is because I started drinking coffee at an early age because of my family, but coffee does nothing for me (And I drink dark roast coffee). I feel the same with a cup of coffee or without it. I just drink it nowadays out of habit, usually 1 cup a day, sometimes none. But to be fair, I've always been a morning person. Usually up by 7am. As long as I get 5+ hours of sleep, I'm good for the day.

I honestly have been thinking of substituting it with tea, but Yogi tea stopped making the one tea I liked.

Try substituting it with decaf, and see if full octane REALLY does nothing for you.  :D
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3690 on: December 18, 2021, 07:25:27 AM »

Try substituting it with decaf, and see if full octane REALLY does nothing for you.  :D

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3691 on: December 18, 2021, 08:24:05 AM »

I can definitely feel it if I miss coffee in the morning but if I were to drink a cup at night I could go to sleep with no issue. I've never had a problem with caffeine keeping me up fortunately

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3692 on: December 18, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
Neither did I ... until my late 30s
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3693 on: December 18, 2021, 06:41:57 PM »
Well now that I'm heading into my late 30's I'm getting nervous lol.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3694 on: December 21, 2021, 02:18:32 PM »
Caffeine definitely does not keep me awake.  I can have a cup of coffee right before bed, and out I go.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3695 on: December 21, 2021, 02:37:31 PM »
Caffeine definitely does not keep me awake.  I can have a cup of coffee right before bed, and out I go.

I'm the same.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline faizoff

« Reply #3696 on: December 21, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »

I'm the same.

There was a time in my life where this was true for me as well, now I can't have caffeine after 3 or 4 pm max, otherwise I'll be up all night.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3697 on: December 21, 2021, 03:58:54 PM »

I'm the same.

There was a time in my life where this was true for me as well, now I can't have caffeine after 3 or 4 pm max, otherwise I'll be up all night.

Same ... though for me, it’s 6 or 7 ish.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3698 on: December 21, 2021, 09:03:30 PM »
Talking about coffee...today was my anniversary (11 years!) and part of what I got was a subscription to a coffee club, I'll receive a  bag of dark roast once a month from different places around the world.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3699 on: December 22, 2021, 09:17:02 AM »
Talking about coffee...today was my anniversary (11 years!) and part of what I got was a subscription to a coffee club, I'll receive a  bag of dark roast once a month from different places around the world.

That’s cool. And congrats!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3700 on: December 22, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »

Nice!  and Happy Anniversary!!!

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3701 on: December 24, 2021, 08:45:46 AM »
Merry Christmas gang.
I hope my DreamTheater show in Ottawa doesn't get cancelled. But I suspect it might.

Coffee tastes like ass and cigarettes mixed together...….it's an acquired taste.

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3702 on: December 24, 2021, 09:05:29 AM »
Merry Christmas gang.
I hope my DreamTheater show in Ottawa doesn't get cancelled. But I suspect it might.

Coffee tastes like ass and cigarettes mixed together...….it's an acquired taste.

Merry Christmas (and a belated Happy Festivus) to you as well, Kris.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3703 on: December 24, 2021, 01:27:46 PM »

If someone gave me a mug of "Ass and Cigarettes" and, after me telling them I didn't care for it, they told me to just keep drinking it as I would eventually come to like it, I would punch them in the face.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3704 on: December 24, 2021, 05:29:17 PM »
That depends on the ass…and presumably the brand of cigarettes.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3705 on: December 24, 2021, 05:30:43 PM »

If someone gave me a mug of "Ass and Cigarettes" and, after me telling them I didn't care for it, they told me to just keep drinking it as I would eventually come to like it, I would punch them in the face.

This sounds exactly like whenever I tell someone I don't really like whiskey, cigars, or wine.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3706 on: December 27, 2021, 08:02:59 AM »
My Holiday.

I slipped in my driveway on Christmas day and sprained my knee. A phantom crack appeared on my truck's windshield. My wife snowblowed because I could barely walk Sunday. She went onto cut my cord for my electric starter for the snow blower in half and broke my scraper fir the truck, LOL Hell of a holiday.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3707 on: December 27, 2021, 08:11:32 AM »
Goddamn King that sounds like one hell of a holiday indeed. I hope you have a quick recovery on your knee!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3708 on: December 27, 2021, 08:20:44 AM »
I sprained it before and it's been lingering but now, I wrenched it bad and it was unbearable on Christmas day.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3709 on: December 27, 2021, 09:47:54 AM »
Sounds like someone was on the Naughty List. :lol

Nah, that all blows, Joe.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol