Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 292144 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3255 on: June 29, 2021, 08:45:05 AM »
The heat is stupid ridiculous... And for some reason we're escaping it. It's a nice chill 80 here, and we capped out at 95 last weekend, but areas in fucking British Columbia are in the 110s. What the hell?

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3256 on: June 29, 2021, 11:20:50 AM »
93 with a heat index of 105 in Waterbury CT today.

It's gross. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3257 on: June 29, 2021, 12:28:18 PM »
Yeah, 95 here in NJ.  It's unbearable outside.  I think that explains why my lawn service was mowing so early this morning.  As much as I didn't like being woken up, I don't blame them.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3258 on: June 29, 2021, 07:00:56 PM »
Welp...Bay Area gentrification claims another victim, the heat...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3259 on: June 29, 2021, 07:08:22 PM »
That's funny.

I remember it was fucking windy as hell in SF Bay. And cold.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3260 on: June 29, 2021, 07:11:13 PM »
Yeah...this one has me baffled though...usually where I live (bout 35 miles inland) we'd be feeling the heat along with everyone, but this wave has some protective bubble over the whole of the bay area. We're peaking out today at about 85.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3261 on: June 30, 2021, 05:33:18 AM »
Yeah, 95 here in NJ.  It's unbearable outside.  I think that explains why my lawn service was mowing so early this morning.  As much as I didn't like being woken up, I don't blame them.

I called a friend of mine to get a lawn cut (part of my move) and he said he had 2 guys "drop" yesterday; he shut down at 1:00 for the day.  My car said "98 Degrees" around 12:30.  And I don't mean the band on the radio!   :)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3262 on: June 30, 2021, 06:49:21 AM »

I called a friend of mine to get a lawn cut (part of my move) and he said he had 2 guys "drop" yesterday; he shut down at 1:00 for the day.  My car said "98 Degrees" around 12:30.  And I don't mean the band on the radio!   :)

Did you choreograph your exit from your car?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3263 on: June 30, 2021, 08:21:32 AM »

Did you choreograph your exit from your car?
I did, and with minimal autotune too!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3264 on: June 30, 2021, 08:38:13 AM »
Thank God.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3265 on: July 02, 2021, 09:48:35 AM »
I’m going to announce some good news when I get home this afternoon.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3266 on: July 02, 2021, 11:34:57 AM »

Which is?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3267 on: July 03, 2021, 09:22:55 AM »

Which is?

They say no news is good news

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3268 on: July 03, 2021, 10:27:15 AM »

Which is?

They say no news is good news

I started a thread for it!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3269 on: July 03, 2021, 03:49:57 PM »
I get it now!!

I'm in Vermont for my sis in law's dads celebration of his life. He passed away in November last year and it was too cold to bury him.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3270 on: July 03, 2021, 03:55:27 PM »
You can get a signal in Vermont??

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3271 on: July 03, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »
Wifi at the hotel we are staying at.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3272 on: July 04, 2021, 07:46:32 AM »
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/police-respond-to-shots-fired-call-at-west-county-center-mall-active-shooter/63-11730f23-c796-41ea-be3a-5bb6236234b5

I was sorta there when this happened last evening.  I go to a mall about twice a year, and thought about doing a quick stop to maybe buy a few new shirts for work (I like dressing nice for work), so I pulled into the parking lot off of 270, saw cop cars everywhere, and thought, "I don't know what is going on, but feels like I should get the hell outta here," and then as I was heading back to the exit lane, I heard pops that I figured were fireworks given that the 4th is this weekend, but very likely were gunshots (which I realized later when I saw the story on Twitter).  Oof.  Felt pretty lucky once I realized what I had just missed walking into.  :eek :eek

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3273 on: July 04, 2021, 09:55:48 AM »
That's crazy. I'm glad you had good instincts. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3274 on: July 04, 2021, 10:08:56 AM »
Not sure it was instincts so much as it was, "Eh, I don't want to be bothered with whatever is going on."  I obviously had no idea at the time how extreme the situation was.  A lot of cars were leaving, but it didn't seem like anyone was in that "get me the f out of here as quickly as I can" mode. The traffic getting out was smooth and seamless, not hurried and panicked.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3275 on: July 06, 2021, 08:06:12 AM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:21:01 PM by Kotowboy »

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3276 on: July 06, 2021, 08:11:27 AM »
That's great, that you've decided to seek help. Good on you!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3277 on: July 06, 2021, 09:51:39 AM »
Huge step to seek help. I truly hope you find some assistance and guidance. Also remember, the first therapist you try may not be the perfect match. If you find you don't mesh well, it can't hurt to look elsewhere. It took me a couple tries to find a therapist that truly worked with me.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3278 on: July 06, 2021, 10:20:00 AM »
Well it took several attempts and a lot of "who even cares anyway?" - but I finally have an appointment to talk about my unbearable depression anxiety and suicidal thoughts.  :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

Luckily I could do it online so i din't have to stutter and get all flustered on the telephone.

I know the last 18 months have been terrible for everyone - but this is probably the lowest i've ever felt.

This is great, good luck and I hope you find the help you need

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3279 on: July 06, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
Well it took several attempts and a lot of "who even cares anyway?" - but I finally have an appointment to talk about my unbearable depression anxiety and suicidal thoughts.  :sadpanda: :sadpanda:

Luckily I could do it online so i din't have to stutter and get all flustered on the telephone.

I know the last 18 months have been terrible for everyone - but this is probably the lowest i've ever felt.

This makes me happy.  I want to see you not so down all the time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3280 on: July 06, 2021, 12:15:12 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:21:20 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3281 on: July 06, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »

Really happy you decided to seek help which is a big step, good luck Kotow. :tup :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3282 on: July 06, 2021, 06:17:15 PM »
K-Boy, good luck man.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3283 on: July 06, 2021, 06:25:11 PM »

Really happy you decided to seek help which is a big step, good luck Kotow. :tup :)

This exactly.  Hoping good things for you.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3284 on: July 06, 2021, 08:47:54 PM »

Good luck to you mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3285 on: July 07, 2021, 03:19:46 AM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:21:28 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3286 on: July 07, 2021, 10:27:34 AM »

So happy for you.  Put in the time, and be honest, with him/her AND yourself.  I think we want to see you happy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3287 on: July 08, 2021, 07:10:34 AM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 05:20:48 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3288 on: July 08, 2021, 08:14:45 AM »
Sounds like a sound start. Keep your mind and options open and be sure to remain honest with yourself and him. Antidepressant can take up to 3 weeks or more to have an effect, and sometimes it takes multiple different attempts to find the right one(s). Wishing you luck on this. You're moving in the right direction.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3289 on: July 08, 2021, 08:22:56 AM »
Had my appointment today. Wasn't in the waiting room too long. It did start with him asking " what are your symptoms" and me going  :sadpanda: ........... errr.... But then he took over and we actually

talked for 45 mins! I've got another appointment in 2 weeks and he was like "we'll get to the bottom of this.  :)" Not just - read this pamphlet bye..  ::)

We even talked about Metallica  :laugh: .

I've got some anti-depressants - just to see if they help at all. If not we can try something else. I already said I tried CBT in 2014 and it wasn't for me.

That's really awesome Kotow, keep us posted on the progress!