Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284773 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2520 on: October 26, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »
I don't do any of that. Leaves are nature's mulch.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2521 on: October 26, 2020, 05:12:09 PM »
I don't do any of that. Leaves are nature's mulch.

Leaves. The only thing TAC doesn’t suck or blow.  :lol
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2522 on: October 26, 2020, 05:14:20 PM »

:lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2523 on: October 26, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
BRB.  Gotta show this to Mrs.jingle.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2524 on: October 26, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »
I did that one year and none of the leaves decomposed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2525 on: October 26, 2020, 08:03:16 PM »

Couple of areas of my yard had some leaves that got trapped under the first snowfall, and decomposed come he spring. Took all summer for the grass to re-grow.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2526 on: October 26, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »
I'm not a lawn guy. I don't obsess about it one bit. I watch my neighbors act like "holy shit there's a leaf on my lawn" and laugh my ass off.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2527 on: October 27, 2020, 05:18:54 AM »
I'm not a lawn guy. I don't obsess about it one bit. I watch my neighbors act like "holy shit there's a leaf on my lawn" and laugh my ass off.

Me either really.  We just have too much property for me to care deeply about it.  Our actual backyard is pretty manageable.  But we live on such a small street, no one really sees our front, and the side yard (or 'dog park' as we call it) is about the size of a football field, so there ain't no way in hell I'm going to fret over how green/thick/weed-free it is.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2528 on: October 27, 2020, 05:27:57 AM »
I just want to get the Mass amount of leaves.  I'm not picky.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2529 on: October 27, 2020, 06:00:32 AM »

Me either really.  We just have too much property for me to care deeply about it.  Our actual backyard is pretty manageable.  But we live on such a small street, no one really sees our front, and the side yard (or 'dog park' as we call it) is about the size of a football field, so there ain't no way in hell I'm going to fret over how green/thick/weed-free it is.

I'm a bit surprised. I would have thought you'd be picky about your lawn.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2530 on: October 27, 2020, 07:19:10 AM »
It's about time spent .  Who wants to spend that much time out there to be perfect only to feel like you did nothing the next day.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2531 on: October 27, 2020, 07:20:51 AM »
It's about time spent .  Who wants to spend that much time out there to be perfect only to feel like you did nothing the next day.

Who?? My neighbors, that's who. I laugh my ass off as the leaves in my yard blow across the street into theirs.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2532 on: October 27, 2020, 07:49:53 AM »
I wish mine would. Lol.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2533 on: October 27, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »

I'm a bit surprised. I would have thought you'd be picky about your lawn.

At our old house, I kinda was.  Even that was a larger than average lot.  With over an acre here... no fucking chance.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2534 on: October 27, 2020, 10:20:40 AM »

Couple of areas of my yard had some leaves that got trapped under the first snowfall, and decomposed come he spring. Took all summer for the grass to re-grow.

That's what happened to me; I had a blanket of wet leaves, and dead grass underneath.   I bought a riding mower this summer and I think I'm going to just put the mulcher on it and do that.  Couple passes, chop them leaves up real fine, and go with that.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2535 on: October 27, 2020, 11:25:29 AM »
That's my plan too... but there's been too much goddamn rain.  The ecology here is such that there's only a couple of inches (at best) of dirt/soil, before the hardpan/clay takes over.  So it takes a long time for the ground to soften up when it's cold and/or wet.  In the heat of summer, there are tons of cracks and 'fissures' all over the place.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2536 on: October 27, 2020, 02:21:42 PM »
Haven't seen KevShmev or brother Lion (Northern Lion) for quite awhile. It's hard not to jump to horrific conclusions these days. I hope they are alright!

I am good, thanks for the sentiment!

And to set the record straight, I did not leave because of any one person and I did not rage quit (despite the lies told by some here).  I decided to quietly leave for a number of reasons and did so without making a dramatic "I am leaving forever!" post like some do.  I PM'd bosk1 and thanked him for running the forum for so many years and then left.  That is all.  Hope most of you are doing well!  :tup :tup

Kev, I noticed you've been gone for a few weeks and decided to check your last post which was this one.  Just wanted you to know that even though sometimes I was a pain the ass, I still thought you were one of the most respected posters here.  Which made me want to be a better poster, even though sometimes I'm still a pita. :lol  Hope you decide to come back some day.  Take care. :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2537 on: October 29, 2020, 05:48:49 AM »

I appreciate people wanting their yard to look presentable as possible but I just don't fucking get it.  People picking up sticks and leaves and shit I have no interest in.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2538 on: October 29, 2020, 05:50:59 AM »
What do you have to do at the U of U?

We may be upgrading our football season tickets to Club Level seating. We just took a tour of the new stadium seating and club level access is pretty plush. All inclusive food and drink, private bathrooms, fireplace lounge, exclusive entrance to the stadium, upgraded parking, not having to rub elbows with unwashed drunks...we just need to decide if it's worth the extra cash. My gut tells me it is, but we're going to think on it a bit. The only bad part is they are end zone seats, so the view isn't as prime as our 45 yard line current seats. Much closer to the field, though...

Tim,

We bought those club level seats yesterday. This will be the view from our new seats.

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2539 on: October 29, 2020, 08:04:15 AM »
That's pretty awesome, I wish I had the money to do similar for PSU. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2540 on: October 29, 2020, 08:19:24 AM »
That's fuckin suh-WEEEEET!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2541 on: October 29, 2020, 08:20:32 AM »

The problem with that, of course, is that you'd have to watch PSU.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2542 on: October 29, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »

The problem with that, of course, is that you'd have to watch PSU.

A lot better than watching Utah for sure  :biggrin: but really, nothing beats that home game environment in Happy Valley.  TBH, it's not even tickets that are the most expensive part, it's a hotel room because the 8 hour round trip drive is pretty brutal on gameday where it's likely closer to 10 hours with the traffic.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2543 on: October 29, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »
It's so nice when you find out the GM of this Wal Mart DC tells their supervisors not to give us our moves and my counts just climb and climb.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2544 on: October 29, 2020, 03:37:52 PM »
Dude...just sent out my goodbye email at work.  Fucking surreal.  The Xocoveza helped, but man is this weird.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2545 on: October 29, 2020, 08:20:32 PM »
It's that unknown step but it can be exhilarating!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2546 on: October 29, 2020, 08:22:35 PM »
Wait..Mill, did you lose your job? Quit?

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2547 on: October 29, 2020, 09:00:57 PM »

Got laid off as a result of an acquisition. But, it's what I wanted, and I start my next gig in a week and a half at a higher title/salary. Which is all good, I've just been at this job 15 years, it's really the only "career" job I've had
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2548 on: October 29, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »

Got laid off as a result of an acquisition. But, it's what I wanted, and I start my next gig in a week and a half at a higher title/salary. Which is all good, I've just been at this job 15 years, it's really the only "career" job I've had

OK.. If you're good, then I'm good! :)

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2549 on: October 29, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »

OK.. If you're good, then I'm good! :)

It's all good in the hood

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2550 on: November 01, 2020, 09:28:59 AM »
Just had to make an emergency run to empty my eavestroughs.  It's been pouring rain, and overflowing everywhere - cuz we had some brutal winds over night, so they were filled with leaves.  The only good thing is that doing it when it rains, the waterflow just brings all the leaves right to the downspouts.  Downside is that it's 4C out there right now, and at one point in the last 5 minutes, it was hail/ice pellets.  Clearing the leaves felt like stickin my hand in a block of ice.  Thankfully it was a quick job.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2551 on: November 01, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »
Guessing eavestroughs in Canadian for gutters?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2552 on: November 01, 2020, 03:07:54 PM »

:yarr

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2553 on: November 01, 2020, 03:15:27 PM »

I would've definitely waited for the weather to improve before going out there.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2554 on: November 01, 2020, 03:20:03 PM »

I would've definitely waited for the weather to improve before going out there.

As sucky as it was to go up there, I'd rather do it in the rain.  Like I said, the water flow ends up bringing the leaves right to the downspout - rather than either A) getting on the roof and squatting down to scoop up the leaves every 3 feet, or B) up and down the ladder every 6 feet to clear them out.  In the rain, I just go to each corner of the house, clear out the downspout, then just continually 'catch-and-release' as the leaves follow the current.