Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284868 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2485 on: October 12, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »
Late to the party, but here's hoping you get out with minimal "procedures" and maximum nurse interaction.

:)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2486 on: October 12, 2020, 07:29:05 PM »
Gotta angle for one last spongebath before you're discharged :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2487 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:32 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2488 on: October 13, 2020, 03:41:38 AM »
:zydar:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2489 on: October 13, 2020, 03:00:45 PM »
Got discharged today, home now but sort of feel like shit. But, I'll have a vaguely amusing rant to type out later...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2490 on: October 13, 2020, 03:28:47 PM »
Got discharged today, home now but sort of feel like shit. But, I'll have a vaguely amusing rant to type out later...

That's good, get well soon.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2491 on: October 13, 2020, 03:31:53 PM »
So... I'm writing this from the hospital, on some pretty good controlled substances. On Friday morning's run, my tire toe caught on an uneven sidewalk slab and I went flying, and landed hard. At the time, I though I'd just gotten bruised and scraped. I was wrong. Turns out I actually fractured a rib which in turn punctured my left lung, and now I have a pneumothorax. If things stay how they are, I can avoid surgery. If there pneumothorax enlarges, well, I get the tube. This blows. And hurts like a motherfucker. Incidentally, "motherfucker" has been my go-to phrase for freshing with the pain over the last couple of days.

🤬

Jesus, that's awful man.

Good you are finally home but an awful set of circumstances.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2492 on: October 14, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »
Watched a kid last night lose his shit on video at work.  He started a fight with another employee, took a hit from his vape on the floor and then threw a piece of wood at the dock doors.

He will be fired today.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2493 on: October 14, 2020, 09:03:48 AM »
Watched a kid last night lose his shit on video at work.  He started a fight with another employee, took a hit from his vape on the floor and then threw a piece of wood at the dock doors.

At first I thought you meant this happened on a Zoom call, and I was honestly pretty impressed.  Someone who does that needs his own YouTube channel!

I'm home and resting (mostly wfh on the couch), and trying to recover from what all that oxycodone did to my digestion.  Speaking of which...the first 3/4 of the time, I had my own room in the hospital.  But a little after midnight on the second night, I got a roommate.  A old man with cognitive impairment who might have had a fall.  In addition to ruining any chance of sleep I had for the night, I was treated to the sound of him trying to take a dump in a bedpan for 3-4 minutes, on just the other side of the curtain.  It wasn't great.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2494 on: October 14, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »
 :lol

I'll be on a conference today.  maybe I could do that though I don't smoke.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2495 on: October 14, 2020, 09:18:06 AM »

At first I thought you meant this happened on a Zoom call, and I was honestly pretty impressed.  Someone who does that needs his own YouTube channel!

I'm home and resting (mostly wfh on the couch), and trying to recover from what all that oxycodone did to my digestion.  Speaking of which...the first 3/4 of the time, I had my own room in the hospital.  But a little after midnight on the second night, I got a roommate.  A old man with cognitive impairment who might have had a fall.  In addition to ruining any chance of sleep I had for the night, I was treated to the sound of him trying to take a dump in a bedpan for 3-4 minutes, on just the other side of the curtain.  It wasn't great.

But how did it smell?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2496 on: October 14, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
Chad, you bastard.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2497 on: October 14, 2020, 10:16:26 AM »

But how did it smell?

Fortunately, I don't know. That I didn't smell anything gave me some faith in how the air handling was set up in the room (from a Covid standpoint).

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2498 on: October 22, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »
Didn't want to create a thread for this so just throwing it out there, does anyone have or use a standing desk? 

Seriously considering buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2PNWZZ for home.  Work allows a $200 credit towards a standing desk so I'd only be paying 100 out of my own pocket.  I sit wayyy too much when I work from home and I really have never been a fan of my current desk.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2499 on: October 22, 2020, 10:03:42 AM »
I like the styles you put on your desk.  You lift them up by your hand.  No cranks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2500 on: October 22, 2020, 10:10:38 AM »
I like the styles you put on your desk.  You lift them up by your hand.  No cranks.

What do you mean?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2502 on: October 22, 2020, 10:20:49 AM »
Oh I see, yea, those are too small though. And I'm not a fan of my desk as it is either.  It's a nice very old wooden desk not meant for a computer desk so a new, and large (that is 55 inches) desk is what I would really want to move to.  Just not sure if people have experience with the standing desk in general.  Do you use that lift yourself?  How often do you use it standing?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2503 on: October 22, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
I haven't got one.  I've seen them here that Wal Mart uses.  I want to get one for my office.  I stand up multiple times a day to stretch. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2504 on: October 22, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
On my days home, I sit at my desk most of the day.  Then after work, I continue to sit at my desk playing video games.  And when I exercise, I sit on an exercise bike.  I feel my body should be standing more.  When I come into work, I'm on my feet a good amount of time for it to not be an issue.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2505 on: October 22, 2020, 10:39:50 AM »
Didn't want to create a thread for this so just throwing it out there, does anyone have or use a standing desk? 

Seriously considering buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2PNWZZ for home.  Work allows a $200 credit towards a standing desk so I'd only be paying 100 out of my own pocket.  I sit wayyy too much when I work from home and I really have never been a fan of my current desk.

Funny enough, I mentioned this to my wife the other day; I just have to figure out what to do with the multiple monitors I have.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2506 on: October 22, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »

Funny enough, I mentioned this to my wife the other day; I just have to figure out what to do with the multiple monitors I have.

I would buy a stand if I do this.   Currently, I have my main monitor ontop of books because it doesn't have an adjustable stand.  But you can get nice stands to attach to the desk and mount the monitors on them.  Another reason why I want a big desk because I currently use all the space with the monitors. on my current desk.  Putting them onto mounts would save even more space.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2507 on: October 22, 2020, 03:31:24 PM »
So it turns out I didn't break a rib or puncture my lung after all.  I just hit my chest on the concrete hard enough to collapse my lung without having an actual break (which is still pretty messed up wen you think about it).  So I'm still gonna be sore for a while, and need to give my lung a little more time to fully reinflate, but that's about it.  To say I'm relieved would be an understatement...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2508 on: October 22, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
I always though the lung had to be punctured to collapse it!  That's crazy!

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2509 on: October 22, 2020, 03:39:08 PM »
I always though the lung had to be punctured to collapse it!  That's crazy!

I had thought that was how it worked as well...but on reading up a bit, it can happen as a blast injury even without penetrating injury or breaking ribs.  This doesn't make as good a story as getting it from a hand grenade, but the principle is the same.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2510 on: October 22, 2020, 09:22:33 PM »
So it turns out I didn't break a rib or puncture my lung after all.  I just hit my chest on the concrete hard enough to collapse my lung without having an actual break (which is still pretty messed up wen you think about it).  So I'm still gonna be sore for a while, and need to give my lung a little more time to fully reinflate, but that's about it.  To say I'm relieved would be an understatement...

(Serious question, though it might sound like I'm poking fun): how do you "reinflate your lung"?  Just normal breathing, and sleeping a certain way?  Or are there exercises? 

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2511 on: October 23, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »

(Serious question, though it might sound like I'm poking fun): how do you "reinflate your lung"?  Just normal breathing, and sleeping a certain way?  Or are there exercises?

That's actually a damn good question.  If it's mild to moderate, it's breathing normally (though that also means breathing exercises and while you are laid up, and maybe some supplemental oxygen as well). If it's moderate to severe, an chest tube is needed.  Basically, they thread a tube between your ribs into the pneumothorax (the air pocket that has been created between the outside of the ling and the chest wall) and pull a vacuum. Obviously, the former is preferable.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2512 on: October 23, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »
That's actually a damn good question.  If it's mild to moderate, it's breathing normally (though that also means breathing exercises and while you are laid up, and maybe some supplemental oxygen as well). If it's moderate to severe, an chest tube is needed.  Basically, they thread a tube between your ribs into the pneumothorax (the air pocket that has been created between the outside of the ling and the chest wall) and pull a vacuum. Obviously, the former is preferable.

Well, that explains it!

I used an electric leaf blower on low power...which worked, but now my left ear whistles when I blow my nose.  >:(
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2513 on: October 23, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »
Holy shit, guys, I found Xocoveza!! I've been looking for it for like five years!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2514 on: October 24, 2020, 04:46:00 AM »
Damn really?  I get it every year!

Getting ready to leave for Vermont.   26 years married on the 28th.  We'll see the beautiful countryside this weekend. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2515 on: October 26, 2020, 04:18:15 AM »
Of course Eddie van Halen was an outstanding musician and he died way too young....

But...Maybe....

His signature stripy guitars were....Fuck Ugly ?

:o

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2516 on: October 26, 2020, 06:58:20 AM »
Holy shit, guys, I found Xocoveza!! I've been looking for it for like five years!

I hate those things. They make watching soccer unbearable.   I can only image how bad it is being in the grandstand. 

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #2517 on: October 26, 2020, 12:27:44 PM »
Last week, I was feeling really down about society.  Arguments about politics, arguments about COVID, my daughter's school pulling the plug on in-person schooling due to rising COVID cases in the area.  It just feels like the world is falling down around us.  But I looked out my front window on Friday to see my autumn blaze maple finally looking like a nice tree.  We lost a big ash tree in that spot to the emerald ash borer 4 years ago.  This tree was planted a year later, and after 3 years, it's doubled its height and is finally spreading it's branches outward (they were mostly vertical) for 3 years.   

It just reminded me to turn off some thoughts and enjoy a little bit of nature in my own front yard.  I can't wait until this tree gets to be 30-40 feet tall - the color in the fall is amazing.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2518 on: October 26, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »
Color in the fall may be amazing, but raking is a bi-atch.

That is a glorious color though.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2519 on: October 26, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Mow/vacuum the lawn is soooooo much better than raking.