Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284811 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2450 on: October 02, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »
Welp, Facebook has decided that it's going to force me to see everyone and page I've "unfollowed" from my newsfeed if I sort things by Recent vs their stupid algorithm. So all of the people who've I've remained friends with that I pulled out of my timeline, including super political charged asshole family members, are front and center.

Now seems to be a good time to purge.

Yes, let the Purging begin.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2451 on: October 02, 2020, 07:11:12 PM »
In Scranton PA for a drive in concert, its a bit nipply but a beautiful night with the moon shining bright over the mountains here. Definitely a different vibe here but so far, not bad. Was able to bring a tripod in so I hope I get some good video footage.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2452 on: October 03, 2020, 06:11:58 AM »
It's gonna be a weekend of household chores.  Weather is shit - we got more rain here this week than (I swear) we did all summer.  I don't know if I'm factually correct, but I'm not being hyperbolic.  My pool is only a few inches from over-flowing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2453 on: October 03, 2020, 06:45:43 AM »
We just had another ceiling rack installed in the garage so my today will be spent reorganizing the garage. I'll definitely have to sneak in a few bikes rides this weekend with the weather so nice.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2454 on: October 05, 2020, 06:31:05 AM »
Haven't seen KevShmev or brother Lion (Northern Lion) for quite awhile. It's hard not to jump to horrific conclusions these days. I hope they are alright!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2455 on: October 05, 2020, 06:36:08 AM »
Haven't seen KevShmev or brother Lion (Northern Lion) for quite awhile. It's hard not to jump to horrific conclusions these days. I hope they are alright!

Kev rage quit after he was butt-hurt (mostly by me) in P/R.  I was thinking the same about Brother Lion.  Haven't seen Tick on much lately either (or maybe we're just in different threads?)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2456 on: October 05, 2020, 06:37:44 AM »
Haven't seen Blob in quite a while either.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2457 on: October 05, 2020, 06:59:14 AM »
I'm always loathe to assume everyone else thinks like me, especially lately when it seems that I'm really out of step with what's going on around me, but just food for thought:  I don't know if it's COVID, or change of seasons, or the rest of the shitshow that is national and world politics/culture/social events, but I know I've actually made conscious efforts to stay away from media and screens.   I purposefully made a point of being outside this weekend.   I was sore - my back and neck hurt yesterday - and wanted to watch the NASCAR race, but even then I decided I was going to be outside.  So I mowed/mulched the yard and did some edging.

I don't even put on CNN or any cable news at all.  I watch local news only to get weather and local events.  I largely turn off when it switches to the national coverage (though about twice a week I will tune in to Lester Holt to see what's what; I also watched the Special Reporting when the President went into Walter Reed).   

I was (I believe, wrongfully) banned from another site I visit, and honestly, it's like a breath of fresh air.   There's too much going on, too much to ACTUALLY worry about, that might impact the health of my family, or my job or paying the bills that I don't need the drama of someone's petty and partisan opinion on the way the world - or their little corner of it - ought to be.     Not saying that's what's what here, but you never know.  A break away, a little perspective, is a wonderful and fascinating thing. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2458 on: October 05, 2020, 07:20:09 AM »
I'm loved by all of you.  I know it and you know it.  Come bask in my......my.. Oh hell, silliness.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2459 on: October 05, 2020, 07:21:53 AM »
I'm always loathe to assume everyone else thinks like me, especially lately when it seems that I'm really out of step with what's going on around me, but just food for thought:  I don't know if it's COVID, or change of seasons, or the rest of the shitshow that is national and world politics/culture/social events, but I know I've actually made conscious efforts to stay away from media and screens.   I purposefully made a point of being outside this weekend.   I was sore - my back and neck hurt yesterday - and wanted to watch the NASCAR race, but even then I decided I was going to be outside.  So I mowed/mulched the yard and did some edging.

I don't even put on CNN or any cable news at all.  I watch local news only to get weather and local events.  I largely turn off when it switches to the national coverage (though about twice a week I will tune in to Lester Holt to see what's what; I also watched the Special Reporting when the President went into Walter Reed).   

I was (I believe, wrongfully) banned from another site I visit, and honestly, it's like a breath of fresh air.   There's too much going on, too much to ACTUALLY worry about, that might impact the health of my family, or my job or paying the bills that I don't need the drama of someone's petty and partisan opinion on the way the world - or their little corner of it - ought to be.     Not saying that's what's what here, but you never know.  A break away, a little perspective, is a wonderful and fascinating thing.

I'm with ya man.  I'm absolutely fed up with the 'news' and shit-show that it is.  COVID and politics dominates everything - and better still when they're combined!  We did outside chores most of the day Saturday, and inside stuff most of the day yesterday.  I worked out both days, and we watched some TV shows in the evening - including The Social Dilemma ... what a treat that was! <mildly sarcastic>

And yeah, I miss Blob too.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2460 on: October 05, 2020, 07:31:05 AM »
Blob hasn't been on Twitter like he normal does as well.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2461 on: October 05, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
Yeah, I very much look forward to my weekend walks. I'm out for usually at least 3 hours, if not more, and with some good music in my ears and largely unplugged from the wider world.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2462 on: October 05, 2020, 08:26:01 AM »
Well I had a nice getaway to Maine to be with nature and not around anything.  It was so nice and refreshing.  I think I felt the best I've felt all year out there by disconnecting for a bit.  Sadly, I'm now back at work and it's almost like immediately all those good feelings are wiped by catching up on emails and work chat threads.  Ugh, I feel this is going to be a long and tough week for me.

And yeah, I miss Blob too.

+1

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2463 on: October 05, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »

I think that's what people need to do. Just worry about yourself and whats around you, and not someones else's troubles from the other side of the country. Fight your battles that happening at home.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2464 on: October 05, 2020, 07:43:15 PM »

I am good, thanks for the sentiment!

And to set the record straight, I did not leave because of any one person and I did not rage quit (despite the lies told by some here).  I decided to quietly leave for a number of reasons and did so without making a dramatic "I am leaving forever!" post like some do.  I PM'd bosk1 and thanked him for running the forum for so many years and then left.  That is all.  Hope most of you are doing well!  :tup :tup

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2465 on: October 05, 2020, 07:45:28 PM »
But you didn't even give us a chance to say goodbye..

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2466 on: October 05, 2020, 08:24:40 PM »
Seems like he just did, sucks though to see a long time member go off (for whatever reason, I didn't even read the thread referenced). 

But does this mean the WildRanger posts also end?  :laugh:

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2467 on: October 05, 2020, 08:45:25 PM »
Well, damn, thank you for the years of posting KevShmev.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2468 on: October 06, 2020, 05:19:31 AM »
I guess the record is now straight. It's good to know it wasn't because of some of my posts during his "final" interactions.  It just seemed odd that a grown assed man would up and leave a community he's been so heavily invested in for over a decade without so much as a peep over what seemed like a disagreement of views over a P/R topic.  I know I've flaked a few times over the years, but that had to do with the depression I was battling.  Hopefully his other reasons aren't anything too serious, and hopefully he isn't permanently 'done' with DTF.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2469 on: October 06, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »

And to set the record straight, I did not leave because of any one person and I did not rage quit (despite the lies told by some here).  I decided to quietly leave for a number of reasons and did so without making a dramatic "I am leaving forever!" post like some do.  I PM'd bosk1 and thanked him for running the forum for so many years and then left.  That is all.  Hope most of you are doing well!  :tup :tup

I'm pleased to hear you are well, my friend. As a long time, and valued, member of this community, just know you are missed. Rest assured, that anytime a song comes on my radio that I have some nasty and inappropriate alternate lyrics to, I think of you!  :lol  Be well!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2470 on: October 06, 2020, 08:38:08 AM »

It was good to get to read your posts and insights into everything. Thanks man. We (I do at least) appreciate what you contributed to this Forums.

Take care, live long and prosper, and don't get eliminated... :biggrin:

Maybe in the future you will come and take a peep and post something. Until then...

:metal

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2471 on: October 06, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »
I coulda sworn I saw Blob somewhere in Social Media recently. Maybe responding to something King posted? I don't remember.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2472 on: October 11, 2020, 10:23:55 AM »
Rafael Nadal plays tennis on clay better than any other athlete plays any sport on any surface.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2473 on: October 11, 2020, 07:59:17 PM »
So... I'm writing this from the hospital, on some pretty good controlled substances. On Friday morning's run, my tire toe caught on an uneven sidewalk slab and I went flying, and landed hard. At the time, I though I'd just gotten bruised and scraped. I was wrong. Turns out I actually fractured a rib which in turn punctured my left lung, and now I have a pneumothorax. If things stay how they are, I can avoid surgery. If there pneumothorax enlarges, well, I get the tube. This blows. And hurts like a motherfucker. Incidentally, "motherfucker" has been my go-to phrase for freshing with the pain over the last couple of days.

🤬
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:22:53 PM by millahh »
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2474 on: October 11, 2020, 08:09:08 PM »
Motherfucker is the greatest word ever invented!

Get well soon Mill! Are you prescribing your own medication? Are you lecturing the nurses as the med you up? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2475 on: October 11, 2020, 08:26:20 PM »
Motherfucker is the greatest word ever invented!

Get well soon Mill! Are you prescribing your own medication? Are you lecturing the nurses as the med you up? :lol

:lol

I actually don't know shit about pain meds. But I'm surprised at how much latitude they are giving me when it comes to asking for the big guns.  I was flying pretty high for about an hour earlier. Normally I tend to err on the low side on pain meds, but this sort of serious, and there's no point in just sitting here in severe pain, so bring it on!
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2476 on: October 11, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169455/trivia

The most common curse word among guests is motherfucker.

Hang in there Millahh.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2477 on: October 12, 2020, 08:34:30 AM »
Damn dude, get well soon and hopefully you won't need the surgery

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2478 on: October 12, 2020, 09:15:31 AM »
Thanks guys.

They are keeping me in suspense on whether I need the procedure, though if I do it's less of an undertaking than I though...local anesthesia, done bedside.  But still would like to avoid it.  It seems like it's not getting worse, but it may have been a little worse to begin with than they thought.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2479 on: October 12, 2020, 09:21:10 AM »
This is why I don't run.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2480 on: October 12, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »
This gives stubbing the toe a whole new meaning.  I hope you don't need surgery. 

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2481 on: October 12, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
This is why I don't run.

Eh, you can injure yourself in other ways. Wasn't it Kade who dropped a dumbbell or a weight plate on his foot? :lol

This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2482 on: October 12, 2020, 12:43:34 PM »
 :lol true, shit happens, but I will say injuries are a reason I haven't even attempted to play hockey in the last 15 years.  I just can't risk breaking a bone when I need my arms and legs to do my job. 

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #2483 on: October 12, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
Alright..they are keeping me for another night of observation and oxygen, but barring something unforeseen I go home in the morning, without the procedure (which sounds pretty unpleasant).  So looks like for the rest of the day I'll continue on my trajectory of listening to Regina Spektor while high on oxycodone!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2484 on: October 12, 2020, 02:58:07 PM »
Good news!