Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287661 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1855 on: February 21, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
@ Drew... completely agree.  My current CxO that I roll up to has zero 'bedside manner' when it comes to communication, feedback, guidance, motivation etc... She's a complete micro-manager, and every individual / team conversation is more akin to an interrogation than anything else.  Always critical, always pointing out what *isn't* being done right/successfully... never celebrating anything good.  Then she tries to add in a "you're all doing a great job" sentence at the end of an hour long bitch-fest, which is so completely insincere, that it does more harm than good.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1856 on: February 21, 2020, 09:35:04 AM »
Before my company was taken over, in our yearly reviews one question was "does your manager give praise? how often?" because it was apparently a metric they wanted to keep to make sure managers were saying things like "good job" when it was earned.  And in return, my boss often gave praise to everyone on the team when doing good work that it was pretty common.  Now, I hardly ever hear it unless it was truly an impressive task completed.  I don't think I need weekly positive reinforcement, but it does help keep motivated and to stay appreciative of management.  I kind of wish our new work overlords took a similar approach to management, I had never seen that before in other jobs.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1857 on: February 21, 2020, 11:43:33 AM »
Same boss?  If so, then it seems like it was pretty insincere - if he/she only did it because it was one of *their* KPIs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1858 on: February 21, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »
@ Drew... completely agree.  My current CxO that I roll up to has zero 'bedside manner' when it comes to communication, feedback, guidance, motivation etc... She's a complete micro-manager, and every individual / team conversation is more akin to an interrogation than anything else.  Always critical, always pointing out what *isn't* being done right/successfully... never celebrating anything good.  Then she tries to add in a "you're all doing a great job" sentence at the end of an hour long bitch-fest, which is so completely insincere, that it does more harm than good.

I know this situation well.  The one thing I have learned from my current boss is what not to do.  Hos poor leadership and arrogance is something I've actually learned a lot from.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1859 on: February 21, 2020, 12:26:48 PM »
Same boss?  If so, then it seems like it was pretty insincere - if he/she only did it because it was one of *their* KPIs.

Yea, likely.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #1860 on: February 21, 2020, 01:03:56 PM »

Honestly, and I mean this with complete sincerity, I think the interrogation and criticism MO of two bosses in particular that I spent a grand total of 8 years with has left me with a sense of minor PTSD. Not to trivialize the actual condition at all, but it can get to the point that any time a superior wishes to speak with me, I almost immediately and instinctually go on defense, and feel anxiety take over. It's a feeling I hate so much, I've taken great pains to avoid giving that feeling to others.

I lived with that constant interrogation for so long...it's awful.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1861 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:53 AM »
Got back from Boston last night and I loved the city. Amazing people, food, and sights. I can't wait to go back.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1862 on: February 22, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
Got back from Boston last night and I loved the city. Amazing people, food, and sights. I can't wait to go back.

That's why I've been making it a thing to go to a concert up there once a year. I'm a fan of the city.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1863 on: February 22, 2020, 12:11:25 PM »
New truck purchased. Next week the side steps, bed liner and cover comes next week.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1864 on: February 22, 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
Nice, what truck did you get?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1865 on: February 22, 2020, 01:57:10 PM »
GMC Canyon.   Black.  Side steps, bed liner & cover next week.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1866 on: February 22, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »
Saw the photos. Looks good Joe!

Oh BTW... Can you help me move next weekend? :rollin
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1867 on: February 23, 2020, 05:05:43 AM »
GMC Canyon.   Black.  Side steps, bed liner & cover next week.

Is it new, Joe, or just new to you?

You'll eventually hate yourself for getting black. I know, I know, it looks sexy now, but you wait and see.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1868 on: February 23, 2020, 05:07:56 AM »
2020.  I wanted Cayenne Red but they didn't have it.  Where I live no matter what the color the car looks dirty in the winter.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1869 on: February 23, 2020, 05:15:15 AM »
I was actually talking about spider webbing in your paint, not dirt. Of course, you may not care about the paint on you vehicles as much I do.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1870 on: February 23, 2020, 05:38:12 AM »
Never had that issue before. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1871 on: February 23, 2020, 06:04:06 AM »
That's awesome Joe, I'm super happy for you.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1872 on: February 23, 2020, 06:25:01 AM »
Congrats Joe :tup
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1873 on: February 23, 2020, 06:50:33 AM »
Thanks guys. It brightened my day after a terrible 2 weeks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1874 on: February 23, 2020, 06:54:40 AM »
How are things going at work?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1875 on: February 23, 2020, 07:13:34 AM »
Struggling.   Staffing is the issue.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1876 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »
You must be a lot more confident about your job than you were a week ago to buy a 2020. Those aren’t cheap.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1877 on: February 23, 2020, 10:07:03 AM »
Put $9000 g's down and my trade in.

I just said fuck it.  They are looking to raise our starting rate so I'm monitoring quality. Got to get it done.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1878 on: February 23, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »
You remind me of my wife. I've been looking at the same car for over a year and she told me last week to "just get the fucking car, you only live once"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1879 on: February 23, 2020, 10:20:08 AM »
I've been talking about this for a long time. I just went for it. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1880 on: February 23, 2020, 10:33:17 AM »
I just checked it out on fb, that is a hell of truck

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1881 on: February 23, 2020, 10:38:39 AM »
Next week the side steps, bed liner and cover will be added.  All Black.  Bosk1 approved.   Lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1882 on: February 23, 2020, 10:40:43 AM »
Are you going with rhino lining? I put that in a company truck years ago and that stuff withstood all sorts of abuse.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1883 on: February 23, 2020, 02:07:16 PM »
Looks like you can fit plenty of Tree House in the back of that thing :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1884 on: February 23, 2020, 02:39:04 PM »
Are you going with rhino lining? I put that in a company truck years ago and that stuff withstood all sorts of abuse.

I wanted to but the money was at my limit. I set a toel I was willing to pay monthly so I had to go with the plastic liner.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1885 on: February 23, 2020, 02:39:56 PM »
Looks like you can fit plenty of Tree House in the back of that thing :hat

I have no idea what you are talking about. 😉😉😉

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1886 on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:12 AM »
Took the day off today, sitting here enjoying my coffee as it start raining. Couldn't be a better Monday morning.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1887 on: February 26, 2020, 07:23:11 AM »
Good morning folks. Drove my own car to work (the new job) for the first time. Got here an hour early BUT I didn't die.

I just had a bunch of work done to it, still waiting to get a smog test done so I can register it and get it in my name (the same car I bought from my buddy's sister in law...) The tags just technically expired and I'm waiting for her to find the renewal so I can at least pay the registration before I transfer it to my name- she's actually just picked up a new job (thus leaving where I now work, which opened up the position I just got). She's been training during the week in LA and won't be back to look for the paperwork till the weekend. In the meantime it's great to know that the car will make it up over the grade to get to work.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1888 on: February 27, 2020, 11:05:59 AM »
Hey, any of you dudes attending RoSFest this year?  Looks like a decent lineup.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1889 on: February 27, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »
Hey, any of you dudes attending RoSFest this year?  Looks like a decent lineup.

It but we've switched over to Progstock.  We'd rather drive than fly to a festival.