Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285066 times)

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1540 on: January 01, 2020, 05:35:57 AM »
2020!

Wow, who'd have guessed I'd live so long? I'm sure glad I have, though, and it looks like I might be here for a while yet. I plan to have a fantastic year, and hope the same for all of you here at DTF. I know it's odd, and usually not safe to say in public--in real life--but I consider many of you regulars as true friends. There, I said it and I'm not the least bit ashamed. Deal with it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1541 on: January 01, 2020, 05:49:10 AM »
No shame in that whatsoever, Gregg.  Virtually all of my closest friends are right here.  I really only have 1 "irl" friend that I still keep in touch with regularly.  This is a special place.  I'm hoping for a better year / decade.  Glad to have 2019 done with - a few great individual life moments, but on the whole, I'm hoping for better from (the) 2020(s).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1542 on: January 01, 2020, 06:11:36 AM »
Happy new year guys

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1543 on: January 01, 2020, 06:54:38 AM »
Same here guys.  Happy new year.  Well, I'm at work.  3 more weeks of the busy season for us then is calms down until May.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1544 on: January 01, 2020, 10:08:37 AM »
I rang in the new year at work. Got to bed at like 3 AM. Off today. Got a call an hour ago asking to come cover a shift.

Nah. Going back to sleep.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1545 on: January 01, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
No shame in that whatsoever, Gregg.  Virtually all of my closest friends are right here.  I really only have 1 "irl" friend that I still keep in touch with regularly.  This is a special place.  I'm hoping for a better year / decade.  Glad to have 2019 done with - a few great individual life moments, but on the whole, I'm hoping for better from (the) 2020(s).

This is me all over.   I just wish I'll take the plunge and plan a trip one day to come and meet and hang out with everyone.

All the best for a better decade for you Chad.  I'm sure it will be, no doubt.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1546 on: January 01, 2020, 04:24:26 PM »
This really is a special place. My online home for the entire last decade.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1547 on: January 01, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
It really is incredible when I step back and think of the friends I've made, the bands I've discovered, and the concert/life experiences I've had all because I wandered onto the dt.net forums back in 2003 or 2004.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1548 on: January 01, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »

:tup :tup

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1549 on: January 02, 2020, 07:45:58 AM »
It really is incredible when I step back and think of the friends I've made, the bands I've discovered, and the concert/life experiences I've had all because I wandered onto the dt.net forums back in 2003 or 2004.

Yup totally.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1550 on: January 02, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »
Hurt myself falling through steps on my dad's porch today.  I forgot a piece was broken off and my left leg went right through and I fell forward scraped my right knee, swollen and bloodied my right hand and pulled my hammy on the leg that got caught through the steps.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1551 on: January 02, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »
You going to sue the old man for that?  :biggrin:  Sucks, but at least you didn't break anything besides the already broken porch.  Hope you have a speedy recovery King  :yarr

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1552 on: January 02, 2020, 05:08:30 PM »
I feel stupid. I knew about it and I have yellow tape to tie it off and forgot.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1553 on: January 02, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1554 on: January 02, 2020, 05:13:41 PM »
Time to throw down an old man to the ground.

Wait, I did that to myself. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1555 on: January 02, 2020, 05:16:52 PM »
 :rollin

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1556 on: January 02, 2020, 05:53:46 PM »
Ouch. Get better, Joe!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1557 on: January 02, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
Don't cross the crooked step.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1558 on: January 03, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »
I feel stupid. I knew about it and I have yellow tape to tie it off and forgot.

I know that feeling.  Here's to a speedy recovery. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1559 on: January 03, 2020, 07:47:36 AM »
Sore all over this morning.  The herky jerky motion off falling does that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: January 03, 2020, 08:23:42 AM »
Morning peeps

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1561 on: January 03, 2020, 08:37:39 AM »
Sore all over this morning.  The herky jerky motion off falling does that.

You just reminded me that I have a batch of chicken marinating in the fridge that I have to put on the dehydrator to turn into jerky. Thanks!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: January 03, 2020, 08:42:40 AM »
I aim to please.  Please.  LOL

Morning Jay.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1563 on: January 03, 2020, 09:09:43 AM »
Saw the pics, Joe.  Hope you're feeling better.  Those kind of scrapes hurt a lot worse than they look.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1564 on: January 03, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
The way I twisted with my one leg in the stairs while falling to the ground twisted my knee a little and pulled the hamstring.  Plus my shoulder is sore from the hard fall.  I'm a dummy man.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1565 on: January 03, 2020, 10:42:01 AM »
There’s pics??

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1566 on: January 03, 2020, 11:50:44 AM »
There’s pics??

Twitter but since you refuse to use it........

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1567 on: January 03, 2020, 03:46:03 PM »
I am not a teenage girl.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1568 on: January 03, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »
 :huh:

I think you are confusing twitter with snapchat  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1569 on: January 03, 2020, 05:10:49 PM »
He is. He's old.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1570 on: January 08, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
oh no, somehow this debate has started at work and someone just shared this in a public work chat room  :lol

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-don-t-people-return-their-shopping-carts?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1571 on: January 08, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
 :lol

Tim is trolling them.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1572 on: January 08, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »
oh no, somehow this debate has started at work and someone just shared this in a public work chat room  :lol

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-don-t-people-return-their-shopping-carts?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Oh Boy!
I'm not reading that until I get a few beers in me tonight. :lol

:lol

Tim is trolling them.  :lol

:metal

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: January 08, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
It's honestly not an interesting read.  But just kind of funny how the discussion popped up somewhere else and I had nothing to do with it.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1574 on: January 12, 2020, 06:18:03 AM »
So last night I get an automate text message that someone transferred $900 to my bank account through Zelle. Because it looked weird and I figure it was a scam, I deleted the text and continue with my dinner.

Few moments late I’m getting a random call which I ignored. But because the timing aligned with the text now I’m feeling a little skeptical. I go to check my email just in case and I have an email from Zelle confirming the transfer, but it looked different that emails I get when I use Zelle. At this point I decide to check my bank account and sure enough, I have an extra $900 on my account.

I’m skeptical about it and didn’t know what to do since I didn’t want to keep money that isn’t mine and I don’t know where it came from. I called Zelle and after a few minutes they tell me I have to call my bank. I called my bank and after bouncing me around different departments, they pretty much told me there’s nothing they can do because they can’t reverse a transfer from Zelle, but that if I decide to transfer the money back on my own, they are not responsible if it is a Scam and I lose all my money. My bank suggested for me to just leave it alone and wait for the other person to make a dispute.

This morning the money is still there. I’m reading on it and Zelle is pretty clear that before a transfer, to verify you are sending the money to the right person because you can’t cancel a transfer. Also, it looks like it has happened to other people as I’m reading online and their bank has told them the same thing. So, I’ll just leave it alone and wait a month or two. If the money is still there by the end of February, Happy Birthday to me. I don’t want to risk sending the money back and getting my account hacked. I feel like I did the right thing by contacting the bank and they suggested to do nothing.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk