Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284790 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1505 on: December 26, 2019, 09:49:46 AM »
It's very frustrating for me that she'd think this poorly of me.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1506 on: December 26, 2019, 09:50:59 AM »

Maybe she knows you too well...

Kidding! :P

Not apologizing if you are offended. :biggrin:

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1507 on: December 26, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
Had a girl at our Christmas thing last night. (daughter of my GF's Dad's Fiance's friend) who spent the entire time looking like she'd rather be doing anything else on earth than be around us "annoying older people". I almost made a sarcastic funny comment but was actually reading this thread and decided I'd rather not get shit for it from the people around me :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1508 on: December 26, 2019, 10:05:02 AM »

Maybe she knows you too well...

Kidding! :P

Not apologizing if you are offended. :biggrin:

:lol

See, that's fun too me.  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1509 on: December 26, 2019, 10:05:34 AM »
Had a girl at our Christmas thing last night. (daughter of my GF's Dad's Fiance's friend) who spent the entire time looking like she'd rather be doing anything else on earth than be around us "annoying older people". I almost made a sarcastic funny comment but was actually reading this thread and decided I'd rather not get shit for it from the people around me :lol

I aim to help others. Lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1510 on: December 26, 2019, 04:27:55 PM »
I'm going to rant on Christmas day.

My friend since I was 16 has a picture of his 20 year old daughter making a pouty face hanging with her grandparents and her second cousin.   I make a joke making fun of her daughter because she looked like she didnt want to be there.  Like every 20 year old who wants to hang with her friends.

We've all been there.  She doesn't realize how special these moments can be with her grandparents getting up there in age.

The second cousin told me on Facebook she was offended by what I posted. She has known me since she could walk.  I've never been the type to try to hurt someone.   The joke was about the age of my friend's daughter, not about her which she injected herself into it

I'm tired of those offended these days without knowing the source. If she was unsure she could have privately expressed her concerns and I would apologized and explained the joke was not about her.  I'm tired of this .

Tell them to shut the fuck up and grow the fuck up.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1511 on: December 26, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »
It was the 28 year old who reacted that way.  The niece, who I've known since she was born.  The 20 year old laughed who i was making the joke about.  The niece knows I'm not a malicious person and if I ever had an issue, I would never post it on Facebook.  She should have IM'd me and I would have explained instead of not responding back to me on FB.

I've never posted something mean on somebody.  it's always making fun of myself or making fun of my friends and we have a fun time.

Don't question yourself mate, you've done nothing wrong.  A light hearted joke.  People need to pull whatever is stuck up their asses out sometimes, Jesus!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1512 on: December 27, 2019, 02:07:10 AM »

My friend since I was 16 has a picture of his 20 year old daughter making a pouty face hanging with her grandparents and her second cousin.   I make a joke making fun of her daughter because she looked like she didnt want to be there.  Like every 20 year old who wants to hang with her friends.

We've all been there.  She doesn't realize how special these moments can be with her grandparents getting up there in age.

The second cousin told me on Facebook she was offended by what I posted. She has known me since she could walk.  I've never been the type to try to hurt someone.   The joke was about the age of my friend's daughter, not about her which she injected herself into it

I'm tired of those offended these days without knowing the source. If she was unsure she could have privately expressed her concerns and I would apologized and explained the joke was not about her.  I'm tired of this .

Also to go fuck themselves and that she would never be hired as a store manager. :biggrin:
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1513 on: December 27, 2019, 03:19:28 AM »
It's been cold lately (dropping down into the 30s at night). One of my dogs, the older less intelligent one just won't let me win at making sure she's comfortable.  We got her a nice heating pad to go into her crate. When it's on, she tries her damnedest to lay on the quarter of the crate without the pad.

What about a blanket? Nope. She balls it up and then lays on the side opposite of the blanket.

OK.... I'll just turn on the heater, since we're all cold. Welp... She's scared of the heater.

You'd think that she'd learn that the sound of the heater (gas wall heater) means warmth. But no.

I don't get it.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1514 on: December 27, 2019, 03:43:55 AM »

Also to go fuck themselves and that she would never be hired as a store manager. :biggrin:

Good call mate.  Add that in too King while you're at it.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1515 on: December 27, 2019, 04:29:43 AM »

Good call mate.  Add that in too King while you're at it.

She's probably and anti-corral'r
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1516 on: December 27, 2019, 07:58:43 AM »
Her uncle worked with me at a grocery store for 6 years.  :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: December 28, 2019, 12:35:07 PM »
What the blue hell three of the first four threads in the Music forum involve Haken.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2019, 02:56:57 PM »
I listened to their first album. Didn't do anything for me.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1519 on: December 28, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »
What the blue hell three of the first four threads in the Music forum involve Haken.

Because they are so good, apparently.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1520 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:19 AM »

THAT ain't it.  ;)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: December 29, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »

THAT ain't it.  ;)

Oh sorry, I forgot this is the official Haken thread now.  ;D

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1522 on: December 29, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »
I don't get it either. And don't understand the reasoning.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #1523 on: December 30, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »
:eyebrows:
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1524 on: December 31, 2019, 06:21:05 AM »
♫♪ Nothing could be better, than a camera in your bladder, in the moooooourning ♪♫

Got a Cystoscopy scheduled for 8:00 am today. I'm already traumatized just thinking about it.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1525 on: December 31, 2019, 07:33:14 AM »
Gregg, you've been through the worst part.

The night before.   How's the asshole?  Nice and raw? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1526 on: December 31, 2019, 07:39:01 AM »
*opens thread and reads Kings last line* interesting turn this thread has taken

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1527 on: December 31, 2019, 08:06:25 AM »
Gregg, you've been through the worst part.

The night before.   How's the asshole?  Nice and raw? :lol

Read carefully, Joe. Cystoscopy, not colonoscopy! No prep for this one. This procedure is where they run an articulated scope up your urethra into your bladder to have a look around to see if you have cancer/barnacles attached. No anesthesia.

Get this, my urologist's name is Dr. Johnson.  :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1528 on: December 31, 2019, 08:11:43 AM »
 :lol

Damn man.  Glad you have a sense of humor about it.  The first time I had a hose pulled out of my urethra(I should have said hose) It felt like knives when I pissed for the first time after.  The second time I was loose as a goose.  :lol

Didn't hurt at all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1529 on: December 31, 2019, 08:37:15 AM »
Damn. Give me the colonoscopy every time.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1530 on: December 31, 2019, 08:49:02 AM »
Tim for sure.  My brother helped me up the stairs to the bathroom.  He was standing outside.  I was on my toes screaming.  It felt like knives shooting out.  I remember the pain vividly.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1531 on: December 31, 2019, 09:24:42 AM »
oh god im cringing just reading this, good luck Podaar

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1532 on: December 31, 2019, 09:45:40 AM »
Helluva way to ring in the new year / decade.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1533 on: December 31, 2019, 10:56:31 AM »
All went well, although it does feel like I'm pissing treble hooks now.

Bladder is fine,  CT scan on my kidneys shows no problems, blood (and various other fluids) test is all good, my PSA's are 0, my A1c's are 5.0...no cancer to be found anywhere!

I'm gonna go take 4 Advil, now and poor me a Scotch.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1534 on: December 31, 2019, 11:45:09 AM »
Thumbs up all around - 'cept for the treble hooks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1535 on: December 31, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »
Fantastic news Gregg!  Though the Scotch lead to more peeing.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1536 on: December 31, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »
Fantastic news Gregg!  Though the Scotch lead to more peeing.  :lol

was wondering, is it best to just keep peeing so the pain eases off, or is it best to give it time?  Either way, a nice buzz will probably make the pain more tolerable but fantastic news about your Health  :metal

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1537 on: December 31, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »
It gets easier within the day but that first pee is brutal.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1538 on: December 31, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
Hope y’all have a happy and safe new year!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: January 01, 2020, 01:00:42 AM »
Happy New Year DTF! Bring on 2020!  :yarr