Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285048 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1470 on: December 19, 2019, 08:29:29 PM »
Drift, just like your memory you old bastard.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1471 on: December 19, 2019, 09:15:43 PM »
I go to sleep and this is what I find in the morning, for shame you guys.

I used to tell locals at the bar how that thread went, we'll have to have a beer in memory of it today.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1472 on: December 19, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »
I just want to apologize to everyone for getting the thread closed.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1473 on: December 20, 2019, 02:32:17 AM »
Wowee! The cart thread got locked! The end times are well and truly upon us!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1474 on: December 20, 2019, 02:48:27 AM »
An era is over. Will we be able to look at DTF the same way again?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1475 on: December 20, 2019, 07:07:54 AM »
Wowee! The cart thread got locked! The end times are well and truly upon us!

Oh no!

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1476 on: December 20, 2019, 07:18:53 AM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1477 on: December 20, 2019, 09:03:52 AM »
I'm going to pull carts out of corrals in protest.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ruba

« Reply #1478 on: December 20, 2019, 10:46:40 AM »
Here's my two favourite memes from the cart thread, for the good old times' sake.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1479 on: December 20, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »
The Thread has been returned to the corral.

:rollin

It was epic for certain!  I enjoyed the hell out of it and learned that Tim is evil incarnate.   :biggrin:

Merry Christmas guys!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1480 on: December 20, 2019, 08:46:54 PM »
Tim is a curmudgeon,  not evil.  :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1481 on: December 21, 2019, 06:18:09 AM »
Both those memes are POTY worthy.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1482 on: December 21, 2019, 08:59:08 AM »
I think the second one is a work of art, no lie.  Some THOUGHT went into that one.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1483 on: December 22, 2019, 04:04:03 PM »
Wife: Can you separate the laundry.

Me:  Want me to start the 1st load?

Wife: Just separate,  I'm not sure what I'm starting first.

Me: Walks up stairs after separating the laundry.

Wide: Did you start the 1st load?

Me: ARE YOU 🤬 KIDDING ME?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1484 on: December 22, 2019, 04:09:39 PM »
 :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1485 on: December 22, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »
Tis the season she becomes itty when she feels the pressure of the holidays.   Jesus H....

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1486 on: December 23, 2019, 02:35:41 PM »
Good afternoon folks.

Instead of being off today, one of our 12 hour accounts (meaning were only there 7p-7a) is now on 24 hr fire watch through the end of the week.

Meaning my days off have been moved to Fri and Sat (I hope.)

The good news is... All this walking I've been doing at work as been beneficial. I'm down almost 10 lbs in the last month and a half.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1487 on: December 23, 2019, 03:03:48 PM »
Noice keep it up

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1488 on: December 24, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »

The good news is... All this walking I've been doing at work as been beneficial. I'm down almost 10 lbs in the last month and a half.

Nice!  But take it to the exercise thread.  That kind of talk is too specific for GENERAL discussion.   :lol
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1489 on: December 24, 2019, 10:56:13 AM »
I wouldn't call it exercise if I'm doing it unwillingly :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1490 on: December 25, 2019, 06:45:55 PM »
I'm going to rant on Christmas day.

My friend since I was 16 has a picture of his 20 year old daughter making a pouty face hanging with her grandparents and her second cousin.   I make a joke making fun of her daughter because she looked like she didnt want to be there.  Like every 20 year old who wants to hang with her friends.

We've all been there.  She doesn't realize how special these moments can be with her grandparents getting up there in age.

The second cousin told me on Facebook she was offended by what I posted. She has known me since she could walk.  I've never been the type to try to hurt someone.   The joke was about the age of my friend's daughter, not about her which she injected herself into it

I'm tired of those offended these days without knowing the source. If she was unsure she could have privately expressed her concerns and I would apologized and explained the joke was not about her.  I'm tired of this .

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1491 on: December 25, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »
What exactly did you say?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1492 on: December 25, 2019, 07:25:08 PM »
I posted the same picture with a thought bubble saying "Get me the hell out of here."  It looks like it on her face.

It was never intended to say the company was less than adequate, it was a joke that a 20 year old girl wants to hang with friends not with their family.  We all went through it at some point.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1493 on: December 25, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Jeremyshmegland. :lol

Did you respond back to her?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1494 on: December 25, 2019, 07:35:48 PM »
Yup. No response.   I'm mad because she's known me since she was little. She's in her late 20's.  This is what she takes from me?  This is what frustrating.   

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1495 on: December 25, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
You monster.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1496 on: December 25, 2019, 07:42:42 PM »
The Devil.  You know it. Lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1497 on: December 26, 2019, 06:40:06 AM »
Working from home today and tomorrow which means I'll have my laptop one and I'll be playing video games.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1498 on: December 26, 2019, 07:41:39 AM »
Working from home today and tomorrow which means I'll have my laptop one and I'll be playing video games.

Pretty much me most of last week. And next week.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1499 on: December 26, 2019, 08:26:42 AM »
I'm off today, probably play some RDR2 in a bit after I work out.  Got a wedding tonight, these last few days have been non stop.  Tomorrow after the brunch for the wedding I've got a third date with this girl, going to see Star Wars.  Saturday afternoon I baby sit the nieces and then I think it's time for Saturday night to lay low. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1500 on: December 26, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
I posted the same picture with a thought bubble saying "Get me the hell out of here."  It looks like it on her face.

It was never intended to say the company was less than adequate, it was a joke that a 20 year old girl wants to hang with friends not with their family.  We all went through it at some point.

I am totally on board with your train of thought here, but to play Devil's Advocate here on one small part for a minute, yes, we older folks have all been through it, but a 20-year old has not, and younger people do not always get those kinds of jokes.  It's sad that she reacted that way, and it's even sadder that today's younger generation has been conditioned to get overly sensitive about every little thing, but I'd probably just make a light-hearted apology and move on...and never make ANY JOKE EVER AGAIN. :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1501 on: December 26, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »
It was the 28 year old who reacted that way.  The niece, who I've known since she was born.  The 20 year old laughed who i was making the joke about.  The niece knows I'm not a malicious person and if I ever had an issue, I would never post it on Facebook.  She should have IM'd me and I would have explained instead of not responding back to me on FB.

I've never posted something mean on somebody.  it's always making fun of myself or making fun of my friends and we have a fun time.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1502 on: December 26, 2019, 09:31:38 AM »
That's a shame, King.  I'm kind of with you, because that's my sense of humor too; light-hearted, poking fun.  It's a bummer when you're trying to lighten things up a little and people get into their own heads. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1503 on: December 26, 2019, 09:39:57 AM »
Yea, if you ever met Joe you know hes a great guy and certainly wouldn't purposely offend someone. That's really annoying for that to happen and a big reason I hardly post in Facebook. It's such a toxic environment.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1504 on: December 26, 2019, 09:44:35 AM »
It was the 28 year old who reacted that way.  The niece, who I've known since she was born.  The 20 year old laughed who i was making the joke about.  The niece knows I'm not a malicious person and if I ever had an issue, I would never post it on Facebook.  She should have IM'd me and I would have explained instead of not responding back to me on FB.

I've never posted something mean on somebody.  it's always making fun of myself or making fun of my friends and we have a fun time.

No, no, I know what you mean, and I am totally on your side in this one. Way too many get offended by everything nowadays.  Maybe suggest to your niece that she grow a pair. ;)