Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287640 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1435 on: December 02, 2019, 01:43:38 AM »
It's 1230a on Monday and I'm sitting here drinking champagne. Oh the Joys of not giving a fuck lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1436 on: December 02, 2019, 09:03:07 AM »
Snowpocalypse? SNOWPCALYPSE!!

I need to post more...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1437 on: December 02, 2019, 09:06:58 AM »

I need to post more...

Weather is still saying snow all day for me, just a bit south of you, including snow right now, but all we have is rain.  I'm on PTO today so doesn't matter too much to me, but I prefer it to stay rain to avoid the first shovel of the year.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1438 on: December 02, 2019, 09:24:12 AM »

I need to post more...

Weather is still saying snow all day for me, just a bit south of you, including snow right now, but all we have is rain.  I'm on PTO today so doesn't matter too much to me, but I prefer it to stay rain to avoid the first shovel of the year.

We were on the rain/snow edge for a while, but now it's properly snowing, forecast is 5-7", and apparently at least some of the schools were closed based on the forecast. I prefer the snow to the freezing rain from yesterday.  I don't mind going out to split kindling in snow, it's fucking miserable to do that in freezing rain.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1439 on: December 02, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »
Yea, I think that rain/snow edge will eventually move south enough to turn my rain into snow soon enough.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1440 on: December 02, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »
Lol snow
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1441 on: December 05, 2019, 03:06:18 PM »
Had a visit from one of the senior system architects at work today.  Very casual with this guy, nothing serious but he works remotely and is always interested in his systems we've built for him so when he's in town, he likes to come visit and take me and my coworker out for lunch.  Problem is, historically, something terrible happens to me when he comes out.  Last December he came, my grandpa died.  He came back in March and my Grandma died.  I joked about him not coming back again after that and he was supposed to come but cancelled and ended up coming in May.. my gf broke up with me.  Well he came back today, we joked about it during lunch.  I drop him off at the train so he can go off and I get a call from my mom, my last grandparent fell and broke her hip.  This guy is not allowed here anymore.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1442 on: December 06, 2019, 08:30:58 AM »
that's crazy
Photobucket sucks.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1443 on: December 06, 2019, 09:15:48 AM »
I'm  a pretty rational guy, but that kind of stuff freaks me out big time. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1444 on: December 06, 2019, 09:26:44 AM »
Wow.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1445 on: December 06, 2019, 03:47:39 PM »
That’s the thing about coincidence though, isn’t it. You never notice the billions of times they don’t happen. Do ya?  :biggrin:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1446 on: December 07, 2019, 10:05:47 PM »
Drinking a coffee and waiting to start work in an hour or so. I love that I got promoted and was told I wouldn't be doing releases because I'm now salary and yet here we are, doing a release and not getting paid for it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1447 on: December 09, 2019, 02:30:49 PM »
Good afternoon Krusty Krew.

Actually had a weekend off, and now this week I'm scheduled some sensible shifts that have me leaving for work in the morning and getting home in the afternoon. It's nice.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1448 on: December 09, 2019, 05:06:22 PM »
That does sound good! I hope you can enjoy the time off.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1449 on: December 09, 2019, 06:41:52 PM »
I WAS HOME BEFORE THE SUN WENT DOWN AND IT WAS AMAZING.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1450 on: December 09, 2019, 08:14:32 PM »
The next 3 weeks ought to be gloriously slow for me.  My primary customer contact in Canada went on a personal leave in the summer, and the company still hasn't back-filled her; my primary customer contact in the US has 3 weeks of vacation to use up, and will be off after this week; any my client (globally) officially shuts down between Christmas and New Year's.  I'll be surprised if I have 5 days of work between now and January 6th, and I don't have to use a single vacation day.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1451 on: December 10, 2019, 05:18:27 AM »
Sweet, my last work trip and full week of go hard of the year. I'll get united gold status after this flight too. Then I'm working tuesday and Wednesday next week and off until Jan 2nd. Not really happy to be on my way back to denver but so be it, I just want to get the work done and be done for the year with a nice break at home. 2 concerts, christmas, a wedding and new years party. Looking forward to it all... once done with denver.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1452 on: December 10, 2019, 07:20:15 AM »
That's awesome. Our release was awful so we are cleaning things up today but after that its smooth sailing until the third week of january.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1453 on: December 11, 2019, 07:30:22 AM »
Morning folks. Learning another property today. Had to be here at 5am... But that means no traffic!

The supervisor here has a chip on his shoulder already.. Has been... Difficult to work with. Nothing too extreme but I can tell he doesn't like me. (probably because he got a write up last we met because he was out of uniform).

He also smells like mildew.

But hey... I'll be home before 3pm so there's that.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1454 on: December 13, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »
Good afternoon nerds.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1455 on: December 13, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »
Afternoon. This week we have had 3 christmas parties and one christmas lunch. I need to diet bad after this week.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1456 on: December 13, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
My diet has also gone to shit this week in Denver, work trip is always tough with long hours and an expense account. 

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1457 on: December 13, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »
Yea when I travel it's the same, I usually go crazy when I don't have to pay :lol.

Thank fucking god it's the weekend. I'm exhausted from this seemingly neverending week.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1458 on: December 13, 2019, 06:09:29 PM »
I wish it were the weekend, one hour until I get permission to move the last of the 50 or so servers migrated this week, of course this ONE could only be done after 7pm local time on Friday night hence why I'm not going home until tomorrow.  The good news, these migrations have gone smooth actually better than I expected and my trip should be a success overall.  That and while tomorrow I am techinically working (traveling home, but I may stop in before Leave) I am only truly working Tuesday and Wednesday next week and my year is over.  So close to being done with work for 2019.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1459 on: December 13, 2019, 08:01:31 PM »
That's nice you're in the final stretch. I'm still trying to wrap up some of projects this year but it's taking forever for management to get back to me on what the hell they actually want to do.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1460 on: December 18, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
15 more minutes and its 2 weeks off for me.  Been a good week too, got a payout from the work buyout last year.  They held 10% of the payout in escrow for 15 months in case there were some claims against the buyout, which there were but very minimal to the full payout, so I got essentially an extra fat pay check this week (it really wasn't much, but it was still awesome to get another payout) plus I'll get paid on Saturday for my 35 hours of OT last week in Denver so financially it's been a great week.  Add in I've got a date tonight, and been gaming with Chino at night in Red Dead, a couple concerts this weekend, and my parents coming to town.... it feels like this is what all the hard work is for.

And next week I'll hang out with the Situation again as his wife (my family friend)'s sister is getting married.  So that will be a fun party after Christmas.  Greta Van Fleet in Philly on the 30th, my friends new house for new years eve with all my high school friends.  I'm excited for the next two weeks off.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1461 on: December 18, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »
15 more minutes and its 2 weeks off for me.  Been a good week too, got a payout from the work buyout last year.  They held 10% of the payout in escrow for 15 months in case there were some claims against the buyout, which there were but very minimal to the full payout, so I got essentially an extra fat pay check this week (it really wasn't much, but it was still awesome to get another payout) plus I'll get paid on Saturday for my 35 hours of OT last week in Denver so financially it's been a great week.  Add in I've got a date tonight, and been gaming with Chino at night in Red Dead, a couple concerts this weekend, and my parents coming to town.... it feels like this is what all the hard work is for.

And next week I'll hang out with the Situation again as his wife (my family friend)'s sister is getting married.  So that will be a fun party after Christmas.  Greta Van Fleet in Philly on the 30th, my friends new house for new years eve with all my high school friends.  I'm excited for the next two weeks off.

Nice, dude.  Enjoy your time.  I envy you a little bit!!! 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1462 on: December 19, 2019, 04:15:22 PM »
HOW CAN THE GREATEST THREAD TO FALL ON DTF BE RUINED AND LOCKED!!!!

I'm so sad now.  Every time I see carts lying around either Target or Smart and Final, I always think about that thread.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1463 on: December 19, 2019, 04:18:04 PM »
My fault I guess.  Ah well, yet life goes on.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1464 on: December 19, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »
wait wut

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1465 on: December 19, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
Awe...The greatest thread ever is locked. For shame...

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1466 on: December 19, 2019, 04:47:13 PM »
The Thread has been returned to the corral.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1467 on: December 19, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »
did bosk return it?  we know TAC didnt

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1468 on: December 19, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
 :lol

I left it to drift into other people's threads.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1469 on: December 19, 2019, 07:23:33 PM »
Drift, just like your memory you old bastard. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC