Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285109 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1400 on: November 26, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
Whelp.  Got to work a full day on Thanksgiving.

If I find out any of you are Black Friday shoppers I will rip your neck off and shit down your limp corpse.

That sucks big time, and I can assure you I am not a black friday shopper.  Never have been and don't plan on being one.  I'm not a fan of this type of consumerism and this is one reason why.

I do very very few things out of principle, but that's one of them.  My fat ass is nowhere near a mall/store/big box on Thursday, and f*** shopping at 3:00 am or whatever.

I am going to a bar at 8:00 am Thursday, though, and drinking my breakfast (actually not joking; it's a thing we've been doing for almost 30 years now). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1401 on: November 26, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »
I'll be working with a big fucking chip on my shoulder.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1402 on: November 26, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »
Funny enough this is the first Thanksgiving in years I won't be working. I've gotta go in tonight... Won't be home till 9am. House /dog sitting through Saturday... I'm off tomorrow (but am I really off if I'm getting home at 9a?), and off Thursday.

My resume has been updated, printed, and handed off to my buddy. Hopefully they call me tomorrow.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: November 28, 2019, 06:48:46 AM »
At work, angry AF.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1404 on: November 28, 2019, 06:50:53 AM »
How long of a work day do you have King?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1405 on: November 28, 2019, 07:00:46 AM »
At work, angry AF.

I am boycotting shopping tomorrow in your good name.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: November 28, 2019, 07:16:54 AM »
How long of a work day do you have King?

I'm staying until second shift comes in at 430pm.

At work, angry AF.

I am boycotting shopping tomorrow in your good name.

I'll be at work. :censored

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1407 on: November 28, 2019, 07:17:52 AM »
I have to work tomorrow too.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1408 on: November 28, 2019, 07:27:56 AM »
Our threshold for our counts (total trailer of pallets and boxes to sort) is 40.  We are at 86 pallet trailers & 28 box trailers to sort.  We are overwhelmed.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1409 on: November 28, 2019, 07:39:26 AM »
That's nuts. more than 250%.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1410 on: November 28, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
Tis the busy season. I've got over 100 hours overtime as well.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1411 on: November 28, 2019, 08:03:25 AM »
Tis the busy season. I've got over 100 hours overtime as well.

That buys a lot of Beer, CDs and concert tickets! :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1412 on: November 28, 2019, 08:28:47 AM »
For my employees.  I'm salary. :lol  BTW, that's weekly.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1413 on: November 28, 2019, 09:21:44 AM »
damn, that sucks.

Happy Thanksgiving DTF

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1414 on: November 28, 2019, 09:29:32 AM »
Its all white and snowy here on this Thanksgiving. I'm loving it.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1415 on: November 28, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
Yeah, I just cleared 4 inches of snow. More to come...
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1416 on: November 28, 2019, 10:38:27 AM »
You can expect a few more inches tonight :zydarscouch:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: November 29, 2019, 05:40:09 AM »
Did I kill the chat thread....?

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1418 on: November 29, 2019, 07:08:55 AM »
I think you gave it a few too many inches.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1419 on: November 29, 2019, 07:46:38 AM »
Once last thrust killed us all.

Man I am dragging ass today.  So damn exhausted today.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1420 on: November 29, 2019, 07:47:29 AM »
You can expect a few more inches tonight :zydarscouch:

:rollin

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1421 on: November 29, 2019, 07:57:35 AM »
:lol

I'm mighty impressed with you, king. Great job!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: November 29, 2019, 08:14:19 AM »
No one can out dirty talk the King.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1423 on: November 29, 2019, 08:15:58 AM »
I was actually talking about your work day yesterday, but yeah your dirty talk is impressive too :zydar:

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1424 on: November 29, 2019, 08:16:21 AM »

That's what she said.

I well and truly felt bad for you this morning.  My local news keeps covering the "Black Friday" sales at local stores, and they keep showing interviews with these idiots bragging about their 2:00 am shopping sprees - one family even gets t-shirts made each year - and I'm like "have you no shame"? 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1425 on: November 29, 2019, 08:18:53 AM »
I was actually talking about your work day yesterday, but yeah your dirty talk is impressive too :zydar:

i was extremely upset yesterday working.

That's what she said.

I well and truly felt bad for you this morning.  My local news keeps covering the "Black Friday" sales at local stores, and they keep showing interviews with these idiots bragging about their 2:00 am shopping sprees - one family even gets t-shirts made each year - and I'm like "have you no shame"? 

It's crazy how many idiots go out after dinner.  No way is it worth the savings in my book.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1426 on: November 29, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »
Yeah, we saw a couple people lined up outside Best Buy already when we were on our way to dinner (so like 1:45 in the afternoon). Terrible. The only shopping I'm doing this weekend is what can be done from my couch :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1427 on: November 29, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »
I legitimately thought I was going to come to work and be handed Walking Papers today. The chick who does a scheduling called me earlier asking if I would come in and work a 12-hour shift tomorrow. I had to explain to her that I have a prior engagement, which is actually house-sitting, and I can't get out there any earlier than my normal scheduled time. This was an engagement that I've had since before being put on this bullshit schedule, when I was under the impression my schedule is going to be a lot different, and I can't leave at 9:30 in the morning, and get back at midnight, when I'm being paid by somebody to watch their house. I'm already pushing it by being gone 11 hours on the days I've been working.

I then asked her what my schedule was for next month, and I was told they don't know yet, and since I'm having issues with my schedule I need to talk with the owner of the company. Apparently he's been waiting for me to call him. When I explained to her that I tried calling him eight times over the course of four days, as well as texted him, and never received a response, she just stopped texting me.

So since I'm staying in another house two cities further than where I live, I decide to leave for work early, took a different route, had enough time to stop and grab lunch, and still made it out here to Burbank with 40 minutes to spare. I go to put gas in the company car with my company credit card because I legitimately do not have enough gas to get me back home tonight, and my card is declined four different places.

So here I am now expecting to show up to work and have someone there to fire me. I call my boss three or four times and get rejected each time. I then text him and tell him flat-out hey are you guys firing me? Because the last conversation I had with someone so seemed very negative, and now my credit card doesn't seem to work.

You finally responded, telling me his father's been in the hospital and he's been really busy and there should be no issues with my card and he's going to look into it and call me later. He also said there's no way they're firing me or anything like that, but we do need to talk and figure out what we're doing. So we'll see what happens
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1428 on: November 29, 2019, 04:51:25 PM »
Good on you for standing your ground and not going in, I'm curious how the talk will go.

How is the job hunting?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1429 on: November 29, 2019, 08:08:04 PM »
It's not.

I don't currently have a car I can drive so outside of the one resume at my buddy's, I haven't done anything else. My GF's car was also in the shop for the last 3 days, so job hunting is a bitch lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1430 on: November 30, 2019, 05:10:53 PM »
So to continue with the saga, I came into work today and spent some time chatting with the Head Field Supervisor and the Post Commander for the account I've been working at (it's our last day at this account). In theory, the post commander here is moving up into a Field Supervisor position, and they both, whom have experience dealing with the company, want me to push the owners into letting me handle the hiring for specific accounts. I am totally okay with this, as we all 3 agree that that would be super beneficial.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1431 on: November 30, 2019, 05:48:48 PM »
Would there be a title or any monetary benefit to you hiring? Would these new people report to you?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1432 on: November 30, 2019, 06:11:49 PM »
They'd report to whomever is running the specific account they are hired for. I also want to kick the accounts' supervisors into gear to keep up with their shit.  The woman who currently handles hiring, whom is also the chick handling the scheduling that I dont like, doesn't hire for the specific site. She hires and then places people into accounts that she DOES NOT know. You can't do that. You have to hire for the specific place. Every account is different and has different needs. At one time I was overseeing 2 different properties (3 technically, but 2 of them were treated as 1, and they were very small compared to my main property). There were people I'd hire for Property A only and B only. Not everyone who was cut out for A was a good fit for B and vice versa.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1433 on: December 01, 2019, 10:21:58 AM »
My parents surprise 40th anniversary party my siblings and I hosted last night was a big success. Meant my parents were super annoyed with me all day by ignoring them but worth it and of course they apologized for shit talking me all day  :lol kind of amazing we kept it a surprise the whole time.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1434 on: December 01, 2019, 12:28:44 PM »
My parents surprise 40th anniversary party my siblings and I hosted last night was a big success. Meant my parents were super annoyed with me all day by ignoring them but worth it and of course they apologized for shit talking me all day  :lol kind of amazing we kept it a surprise the whole time.

That's awesome!