Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285064 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1365 on: November 22, 2019, 08:48:58 PM »
Mostly hasn't affected me, I've gotten a bunch of benefits since but the overall work environment has gotten worse such as no one wanting to finish the work I was told to get done today.  In fact that could be due to one of my favorite network engineers resigning.  He interviewed me before being hired and afterwards always taught me things that I still keep in my notes and reference. Shit like that hurts the most.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1366 on: November 22, 2019, 09:14:28 PM »
What was the reason for the resignation?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1367 on: November 22, 2019, 09:35:13 PM »
I haven't talked to him, he hasnt been online. I've heard rumors he was looking since the acquisition so I just assume he wanted out, he's also been around awhile since anyone before me at this point is really old school.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1368 on: November 23, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »
My brother is wrestling with it as well.  The new building made his ride 1 hour and 30 minutes now. Added half hour. Plus, people leaving and added work on his plate.

The plus is tenure,  vacation time and the ability to go in to work when he wants and take days off with no issues.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1369 on: November 23, 2019, 04:31:58 PM »
Going back and forth between cleaning the house and editing my long form Billy Corgan video.  It will be my longest yet.  Finished the first set and its 75 minutes long, second set will be even longer plus his game show he did  :lol  Mixing four concerts into one video is making me feel like a real video editor and it's not easy and I need breaks to keep my head fresh.  Sadly watching PSU football lose and cleaning the house aren't fun breaks.  Luckily PSU bball had a 16-2 run to end the game and win by 2 over Yale.  Something positive. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1370 on: November 23, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
Greetings and salutations

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1371 on: November 23, 2019, 08:55:21 PM »
Johny you SOB.  How are you?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1372 on: November 23, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »
Sup Prog?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1373 on: November 23, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm watching some A Song of Ice and Fire theory videos on YouTube. What's going on with you?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1374 on: November 23, 2019, 09:25:12 PM »
Hey, guys! I'm watching some A Song of Ice and Fire theory videos on YouTube. What's going on with you?

Working!

:sadpanda:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1375 on: November 23, 2019, 09:26:20 PM »
Still doing security?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1376 on: November 23, 2019, 09:37:58 PM »
Yup. Long story short (since people are probably tired of me telling the story):

We lost the contract to the account I was running. Was promised new position with company that involves a lot of admin BS and basically becoming the designated trainer for the company, among other things. Comes with decentish hours, company car, etc.

My first day training for my new position, I was told that we are short staffed at another account down in LA (Burbank to be exact). It's another account that's going away at the end of Nov... so they can't really hire people to serve on a sinking ship, so they put my ass here to help close it out. Been working afternoons and graves all month and not happy about it. The only good thing is, even though I am part of the overall supervisor team, this is not MY account, so I don't have to deal with bullshit outside of the normal day to day bullshit.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1377 on: November 23, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »
It seems both good and bad then.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1378 on: November 25, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »
Welp today is the day that I update my resume and start looking.

I was told I'd be working a big corporate event in Dec... helping to oversee things and learning the ins and outs when it comes to the procedures and shit for these "higher class" accounts.

I get a call today telling me they want me working 5 days straight at the event. Sweet! Oh. 1am - 9am? WTF. It's in basically Long Beach. That's 60 miles each way... which could be worse, but getting off at 9am means it'll be a 3 hour drive home. 

I've tried calling my boss a few times since getting that call, and no answer. I've sent him texts, nothing.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1379 on: November 25, 2019, 06:38:18 PM »
That sounds terrible and it sounds like you're being pushed around. Start getting the resume spread around.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1380 on: November 25, 2019, 07:13:55 PM »
My best friend (who worked at me at the account I ran before all this) got a job working in insurance, and his boss wants my resume... So I'm working on that.  It's a pay drop, even compared to what I was making before this bullshit came about. But it's close, and interesting.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1381 on: November 25, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »
Might not be bad for a change of pace, you should also look at everything that comes with like insurance and perks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1382 on: November 25, 2019, 08:11:21 PM »
One thing I am legit afraid of is making a change and failing again. Last time I left the familiar for an unknown, it bit me in the ass. I dont know.

The fact that I don't have a running car will make it difficult to do this...but we'll see what happens.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1383 on: November 25, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
Well you still have this job, as shitty as it is, as fall back right? If you don't find a position that you think is worth the change then you don't have to take it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1384 on: November 25, 2019, 08:36:49 PM »
True.

And I guess if anything, if I get this and lose it for whatever reason, I do have a few other options (in security). Hell, I could get a job with any local security company working as a grunt if I wanted. But do I want to? Hell no. Will I if I have to? Of course.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1385 on: November 25, 2019, 08:57:17 PM »
It's time to shine up that resume.  Make your new positions sound like you could have saved the Titanic.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1386 on: November 25, 2019, 09:08:11 PM »
It's time to shine up that resume.  Make your new positions sound like you could have saved the Titanic.

Right? Out of the dozen or so "Post Supervisors", I was the ONLY one who handled Scheduling / callouts, Hiring, Firing, Disciplinary BS, along with all of the account related shit with a PITA client. None of the other Supervisors outside of the Area Supervisors, which I was SUPPOSED to be a step above with this position, event came close to touching that. And they don't handle it unless it is after hours. 

From what I've heard from my friend, and his Sister in Law (who is a lead there? something like that), I shouldn't have ANY issues getting that job.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1387 on: November 25, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »
Just present yourself on paper as adaptive and willing to learn.  Longevity is a plus.

In interviews,  seem confident but receptive. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1388 on: November 25, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »
When is the ideal time to pull my penis out and lay it out on the desk?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1389 on: November 25, 2019, 09:43:50 PM »
Only in your head. No not the other head.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1390 on: November 26, 2019, 06:10:43 AM »

When you walk into the office, and the only furniture is a black leather couch, brown desk, and tripod.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1391 on: November 26, 2019, 06:15:48 AM »

Depends on the size of the desk.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1392 on: November 26, 2019, 07:48:36 AM »

How about now?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1393 on: November 26, 2019, 01:52:26 PM »
Whelp.  Got to work a full day on Thanksgiving.

If I find out any of you are Black Friday shoppers I will rip your neck off and shit down your limp corpse.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1394 on: November 26, 2019, 01:55:09 PM »

That blows!

If I find out any of you are Black Friday shoppers I will rip your neck off and shit down your limp corpse.

Not me, I'm working. ;D
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1395 on: November 26, 2019, 01:56:23 PM »
We will have to move the family dinner to 530pm.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1396 on: November 26, 2019, 02:00:21 PM »

That sucks big time, and I can assure you I am not a black friday shopper.  Never have been and don't plan on being one.  I'm not a fan of this type of consumerism and this is one reason why.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1397 on: November 26, 2019, 04:35:33 PM »

Not me, I'm working. ;D

I'm working BOTH Thursday and Friday!!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1398 on: November 26, 2019, 05:58:03 PM »
Shut up eh!

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1399 on: November 26, 2019, 06:09:27 PM »
That's shitty King, I won't be black Friday shopping this year.