Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287827 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1330 on: November 11, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
I thought Hulk Hogan lived in Florida?

ninja'd.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1331 on: November 11, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »
Hollywood Hulk Hogan

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1332 on: November 11, 2019, 04:35:03 PM »
Musician
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #1333 on: November 12, 2019, 07:24:11 AM »
so it's Hulk Hogan?

No, Hulk would stress the R at the end of Brotherrrrrr, not say Brotha.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1334 on: November 13, 2019, 05:25:58 AM »
Good Morning non-westcoasters!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1335 on: November 13, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
Still have 8 vacation days I need to burn this year, with Thanksigivng week, a week in Denver booked, and the week of xmas to new years already off, kind of limited on when to use it so just booked tomorrow and Friday off.  Might do a trip to PA this weekend.  So today is Friday for me  :yarr Thinking of taking the Monday of Thanksgiving week and maybe the first week of December off.

Company is doing a big meeting now about new job architectures and "total rewards" as they call our pay and benefits.  Just enrolled into my new benefits for next year under our new work overlords.  Lots of changes, but actually these benfits don't look too bad at all.  Pretty much the same for me (costs and coverage, same provider aetna too) but I'll get more into an HSA from work (was getting $500 a year, now will get $1000 a year as long as I contribute $1000 which actually I'll do as it offsets the costs I was paying for the coverage, the health coverage is actually free now).  And my 401k contribution now gets matched at 6% (was 4%) and I'm super excited about that as it is just free money for me.  Need to have 3 years in to get that but they let my years at the old company count so I'm good.  They are taking away our winter break and summer fridays next year, in exchange they give us 2 floating holidays and 5 more vacation days.  I think I'll get 29 days of my choosing off next year.  It's actually a net negative of 2, but more flexibility.  And if I make it to 10 years here, you get an extra week off.  They took away the 5 year sabatical of 3 weeks (which is how I had all of September off and still have all these vacation days) and replaced it with one week off every 5 years of employment.  Kind of cool, I'm glad I got in before the cut.  I knew that was going to happen.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1336 on: November 15, 2019, 09:32:14 PM »
Good evening Nerds!

What the hell is sexy tonight?

Where da party at?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1337 on: November 15, 2019, 09:40:49 PM »
Good evening Nerds!

What the hell is sexy tonight?

Where da party at?

In my pants... and everyone's invited.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1338 on: November 15, 2019, 09:45:23 PM »
You don't have to tell me twice.

What's the fastest way to get to Canadia Land?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1339 on: November 17, 2019, 10:00:40 AM »
We are celebrating Thanksgiving tonight at my sister in laws. I've been here for less than an hour and already my entire wife's family if fighting. Every year it's the same shit. At least it's not at our house and I'm leaving early because I work tomorrow.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1340 on: November 18, 2019, 05:54:26 AM »
Going to be an easy day today, working from home, wife is at her sisters, my big dog is at day camp.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1341 on: November 18, 2019, 12:23:07 PM »
Doggy Day Camp?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1342 on: November 18, 2019, 12:25:40 PM »
Yea my german shepherd goes to day camp at the same place he goes to get boarded when I'm on vacation. It's $25 a day and he has the time of his life, they have a pool and spends most of the day playing with other dogs. I normally take him on Wednesday's to break his week up a bit but since I knew I was going to be home today I took him today as well.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1343 on: November 18, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »
Can... Can i go too? :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1344 on: November 20, 2019, 06:19:11 AM »
Good Morning Peeps!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1345 on: November 20, 2019, 07:35:46 AM »
Without Blob, this is a very slow thread.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1346 on: November 20, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »
I'll send out the Blob signal. Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1347 on: November 20, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »
I'm trying to fill his shoes...

Wait... If he never goes outside, does he wear shoes?

Do aussie shoes get laced backwards?

I have so many questions.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1348 on: November 20, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »
I've heard a rumor that under very special circumstances blob does go outside ....

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1349 on: November 20, 2019, 03:57:31 PM »
Transformers Convention?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1350 on: November 20, 2019, 05:14:57 PM »
I've heard a rumor that under very special circumstances blob does go outside ....

I've talked to him about those Comic Cons.  I pictured him burning up like a vampire. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1351 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:38 AM »
WTF guys :lol

I go out sometimes! I haven't yet this month, but I'm sure I will next month!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1352 on: November 22, 2019, 05:08:49 AM »
Careful blob, this month isn't even over yet.

Thank fucking god it's Friday, work has been a royal pain in the ass. Luckily after our Dec 7 release things will slow down.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1353 on: November 22, 2019, 05:51:29 AM »

Isn't there a lot of fires in Australia these days? You'd better stay inside, just in case.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1354 on: November 22, 2019, 06:46:43 AM »

so whats the wtf for?  :rollin

Thank fucking god it's Friday, work has been a royal pain in the ass. Luckily after our Dec 7 release things will slow down.

We are in a change freeze but it didnt matter.  I got dumped on sooo bad yesterday.  Oh btw here's 384 servers delivered, and um.. we need this up TODAY.  Such a ridiculous request for one person.  Had to get the building to help me move everything into place for the physical part as its some heavy equipment. Then doing all the "IT" stuff in the afternoon which my boss said he'd help with since its desk work you can do remotely but in the end he did very little and was clearly drunk by the time I left work last night. I got 3/8 of it done and working as of now.  My boss is still pushing to finish it all and I should have no issue getting another 3/8 done if I keep busting ass, just that last 1/4 I don't see the necessity for it to be done so quickly.  Especially during a change freeze.  Had to get all sorts of management approval for me work yesterday and I'll need more today.  Can't wait for today to be over.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1355 on: November 22, 2019, 08:18:07 AM »

You must be going out a lot, since you don't post here much anymore.  I think we owe you the :wtf: more than you owe us.

:orly:

:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1356 on: November 22, 2019, 09:08:47 AM »
That really sucks cram. Do you get overtime pay?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1357 on: November 22, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
That really sucks cram. Do you get overtime pay?

Yea, so thats the plus. 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1358 on: November 22, 2019, 10:47:40 AM »
Howdy all. No respite for me this weekend as I'll be working a booth for my family's restaurant at SopranosCon both Saturday and Sunday. They're expecting more than 5k people between the two days so should be a good time. Then a short work week next week.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1359 on: November 22, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »

Still love you baby.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1360 on: November 22, 2019, 04:47:54 PM »

so whats the wtf for?  :rollin

We are in a change freeze but it didnt matter.  I got dumped on sooo bad yesterday.  Oh btw here's 384 servers delivered, and um.. we need this up TODAY.  Such a ridiculous request for one person.  Had to get the building to help me move everything into place for the physical part as its some heavy equipment. Then doing all the "IT" stuff in the afternoon which my boss said he'd help with since its desk work you can do remotely but in the end he did very little and was clearly drunk by the time I left work last night. I got 3/8 of it done and working as of now.  My boss is still pushing to finish it all and I should have no issue getting another 3/8 done if I keep busting ass, just that last 1/4 I don't see the necessity for it to be done so quickly.  Especially during a change freeze.  Had to get all sorts of management approval for me work yesterday and I'll need more today.  Can't wait for today to be over.

Jeeze. You need a beer (or a nice Californian Green Soda) after all this

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1361 on: November 22, 2019, 06:16:24 PM »
I was got it all done, well most of it, the final 1/4 I got all my parts completed by about 4pm today and I needed manager approval to push my change and no one was around from network engineering or management to approve  >:( At least I got to leave on time at 6, but sucks that I was told it was all important and to get it all done and then it seems no one cared.  I blame my boss for it, he even confirmed this morning that the final 1/4 was necessary and he'd have all the approvals lined up for it. 

Regardless, before I left after I did an awesome job, I proposed my vacation schedule to my manager for the rest of the year which he said works as he would rather me not take a full week off since we have like no one on our team atm.  And this schedule has me rolling over the max 5 days allowed.

Next week I am working Monday and Tuesday (25-26)
The following week I am working Tuesday - Thursday (3-5)
the following week I am doing a 6 day work week as I have to go to Denver and come home on Saturday (9-14)
Then I am working Tuesday and Wednesday (17-18)
and then I dont return to work until January 2nd

:yarr so essentially one full hard week of work left this year.

I initially was planning one more vacation trip this year but Im going to hit my United gold status with that Denver trip (50k miles this year, my highest yet  :omg:) and spire elite status with IHG when I stay one more night in philly for the Greta Van Fleet concert in December. So I have no excuse to dish out money for a vacation, I'll be chilling at home during my time off and relaxing as someone before I left today told me I work too hard, probably true.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1362 on: November 22, 2019, 07:15:54 PM »
Damn sounds like you are going to get some much needed downtime. I sadly have zero time off left for the rest of the year aside from holidays but post December 7th it'll be pretty chill so I'll be working from home a lot and putting in 30 hour weeks.

My wife was one trip shy of hitting platinum pro status on american this year and she wasn't sure if she was going to get another trip this year so yesterday she flew to JFK and turned around and flew home to hit her requirements to keep status.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1363 on: November 22, 2019, 08:04:27 PM »
 :lol that's kind of what I did last year, did 24 hours in LA to go to KROQs almost acoustic christmas, just for the miles but made something out of it.  I'd totally do it again, but I don't need to this year

Also, I had all of September off so it's hard to say I need time off, but since coming back I spent 2 weeks in denver, 1 week in LA, a weekend in DC (my own doing), and tons of work at home plus one more week in Denver coming up for more migrations.  At least I am getting that OT, seems thats not changing either with our new "job architecture" that my boss went over with me yesterday, which for me, nothing has changed between my salary and overtime/bonus pay. 

Funny though, we are due one more payout from the buyout last year, about 10% of the payout was held back in escrow in case of lawsuits or something to damage the value of the purchase of the company.  They said today our work overlords made a claim on that payout  >:(  (they ended up settling on a smaller amount, but it will make a dent on what I was due otherwise).  Not sure they will tell us what the claim was or why it was last minute (the email was explicit that it was last minute).  I do get that check soon though which is nice, and a raise/bonus in April hopefully. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1364 on: November 22, 2019, 08:40:26 PM »
:tup that's awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing what my new bonus is now with my new title in March.

How are you liking the new ownership? It's been a while now since they've taken over hasn't it?