Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284785 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1225 on: October 21, 2019, 08:08:57 AM »
One of the best - certainly the most surprising - things that ever happened on a flight for me ... ironically, travelling home from Denver.

Friday night flight, it's 3:45 travel time from Denver to Toronto.  4:30 MT departure, so we're supposed to land at 10:30pm ET.  No word of a lie, around 8:45pm ET, I can feel us descending.  WTF... is there some kind of emergency??  Pilot comes on... "You may have noticed we're starting our descent.  We were aided by 175mph tailwind, and will be landing in Toronto a little early."  We landed before 9:30, so over an hour early.   :omg:

The crappy thing was that I'd used an upgrade pass, so didn't get to enjoy it as long as I could have  :rollin.  Oh well, 1 hour less in an airplane seat - even if Business Class - is always a good thing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1226 on: October 21, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »
That's awesome.

The airline saved a bunch of money on fuel... SHOULD HAVE DEMANDED A REFUND
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1227 on: October 21, 2019, 11:07:15 AM »
Yea I've had that happen before home from LA, get a good tail wind and you get there super quick.  Although making up an hour on a 4 hour flight is still very impressive.  But seriously, things like that are a godsend when traveling. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1228 on: October 21, 2019, 11:13:55 AM »
We all know what happened; the other planes traveling in the left hand lane finally moved over.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1229 on: October 21, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »
We all know what happened; the other planes traveling in the left hand lane finally moved over.

Nah

someone put the sky carts back in the corral.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1230 on: October 21, 2019, 11:18:37 AM »

:clap:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1231 on: October 22, 2019, 09:24:19 PM »
14 hours of total kick ass at work today, feel fucking great although ready for bed now.  Set myself for what should be a night out on the town tomorrow  :yarr

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1232 on: October 23, 2019, 01:11:23 PM »
8 Days :caffeine:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1233 on: October 24, 2019, 12:24:01 PM »
BLOB!!!  BLOB!!!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: October 24, 2019, 10:43:42 PM »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1235 on: October 25, 2019, 07:21:16 AM »
Morning dudes

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1236 on: October 25, 2019, 07:49:44 AM »
Morning, I have one more major issue to fix today before my flight at 530.  I'm honestly not sure I remember how to build a new console server.  It's pretty simple actually, just that everything in our Denver data center has some network fuckery added to it to make it complicated.   Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing my cat and sleeping in my bed tonight.  It's going to be a lonnnngg day, but these days are big $$$ as I'll get about 16 OT hours today.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1237 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:07 AM »
The OT can be addicting. I used to rack up the OT doing overnight deployments and java releases but as of Monday I don't get anymore OT and I'm moving to salaried, I got a promotion at work which I'm pumped about.

I'm leaving for the weekend and heading to Asheville. We are going to stop by the Biltmore, I can't believe tickets were $90 a person. This place better be amazing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1238 on: October 25, 2019, 09:49:12 AM »
What's that?  And there's always talk about making me salary.  I don't understand why they haven't, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens next year.  Our new overlords HATE my overtime and bitch non stop about it, but someone's got to do the work and this is the way they chose to compensate me.  I think it has to do with changing my job title but still, it seems they could just do that.  I don't know.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1239 on: October 25, 2019, 09:57:32 AM »
6 DAYS

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: October 25, 2019, 09:57:44 AM »
In Vermont celebrating 25 years of marriage with the Queen.  Official day is Monday. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1241 on: October 25, 2019, 10:00:04 AM »
Congrats Joe!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1242 on: October 25, 2019, 10:38:28 AM »
Congrats to the King and Queen  :yarr

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1243 on: October 25, 2019, 12:35:33 PM »
Congrats to ALL HAIL the King and Queen  :yarr

fix'd

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1244 on: October 25, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
Thanks guys. Cheers from Vermont.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: October 25, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »
Now that's how you do it. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1246 on: October 25, 2019, 12:59:18 PM »
Congrats to ALL HAIL the King and Queen  :yarr

fix'd

Why not both?

Looks nice out there and those beers look tasty

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1247 on: October 25, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »

What kind of pussy lets his wife drink a darker beer than him?? :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1248 on: October 25, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »
What's that?  And there's always talk about making me salary.  I don't understand why they haven't, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens next year.  Our new overlords HATE my overtime and bitch non stop about it, but someone's got to do the work and this is the way they chose to compensate me.  I think it has to do with changing my job title but still, it seems they could just do that.  I don't know.

I could be wrong but the biltmore is the largest private estate in the usa, apparently its massive.

In Vermont celebrating 25 years of marriage with the Queen.  Official day is Monday. 

Congrats!!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: October 25, 2019, 02:10:21 PM »
Wound up sitting on the side of the freeway for an hour on my way to work. Think the thermostat in my Camry took a shit.

Was finally able to get to work but... had to limp her there.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1250 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:05 PM »

What kind of pussy lets his wife drink a darker beer than him?? :lol

A great husband that shares both beers. Also the IPA is higher in alcohol you beer noob.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: October 25, 2019, 08:50:43 PM »
Dark beer =\= good beer.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1252 on: October 26, 2019, 10:46:17 AM »
Tim you wuss, where's your comeback?  Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1253 on: October 26, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: October 27, 2019, 04:53:20 AM »
 :lol

Took you long enough.   

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: October 27, 2019, 06:04:36 AM »
Good morning guys. Got to sleep in today, both the dogs are still being boarded. It's so eerily quiet without them around.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1256 on: October 27, 2019, 06:19:27 AM »
G'morning all. On the couch hurting a little bit this morning after my friend's beer bottle share charity event yesterday. Thankfully, not a damn thing to do today besides relax on the couch.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: October 27, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »
Add me in with those with nothing to do but relax today, a well needed day of rest.  Yesterday I babysat my nieces for a bit, then cleaned my house before watching football.  Today, no cleaning, no baysitting, just chilling.  Looking forward to the nothing of today starting with enjoying this coffee.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1258 on: October 27, 2019, 09:18:54 AM »
It's supposed to rain non-stop from sun-up to sun-down, and I might not even get out of my (Batman) sweatpants, to be honest. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: October 27, 2019, 09:24:55 AM »
Yup, the weather ain't helping my lazy attitude.