Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285074 times)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1155 on: October 03, 2019, 07:56:02 AM »
Cram, I'm with you 100% on that.

As for Dunkin, it's kind of my go-to.  I don't like the ultra-strong coffee at Starbucks (I actually think it has a wierd taste) so Dunkin is right up my alley.   It helps we have NINE of them in my town.  JUST in my town.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1156 on: October 03, 2019, 08:56:07 AM »
I've literally never even seen a Dunkin until last weekend when I drove to Glendale for dinner with my GF's Grandfather :lol

So... there's been some new developments with the whole contract thing at my work. I can't go into details publicly, but it's a situation where someone tried to do something that backfired on them in a huge way... it's fucking hilarious.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1157 on: October 03, 2019, 09:10:07 AM »
If you cut me I bleed Dunkin's coffee.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1158 on: October 03, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
I like Dunkin's quite a bit.  Definitely much better than that burnt shit that Starbucks tries to pass off.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1159 on: October 03, 2019, 10:29:43 AM »
I think Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf edges Dunkin out though.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1160 on: October 03, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
Yea Dunkin is like an unknown in CA, but they are EVERYWHERE in the north east.  I have three drive throughs within a couple miles of my house.  I do enjoy Dunkin coffee, but not as much as I used to.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1161 on: October 03, 2019, 01:16:26 PM »
Yea Dunkin is like an unknown in CA, but they are EVERYWHERE in the north east.  I have three drive throughs within a couple miles of my house.  I do enjoy Dunkin coffee, but not as much as I used to.

Ever had Dutch Bros? I think they're only in the North West. Great Coffee.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1162 on: October 03, 2019, 02:44:12 PM »
I've heard of it but dont think I've ever seen one so nope

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1163 on: October 03, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »
A Dutch Brother? Is that a variation on farting under the covers and smelling it?  It's not wierd is it?

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1164 on: October 03, 2019, 05:44:16 PM »
I like Dunkin's quite a bit.  Definitely much better than that burnt shit that Starbucks tries to pass off.

Agreed, however if you find a starbucks with a Clover had a coffee brewed with that, it's how their coffee should taste.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1165 on: October 04, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »
So it's not really a secret anymore...

The clause that was written into our contract allowing either party to pull out at any time with a 30 day notice, that my boss used to pull out early after being told they aren't renewing our contract...

WAS WRITTEN INTO THE CONTRACT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO BY THE CLIENT... SO THEY COULD PULL OUT AND SCREW US OVER AT ANY TIME. They INSISTED... it was a huge thing because something like that is far from standard in this industry.

But now they're pissed when we used it.

It's so sweetly ironic.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1166 on: October 04, 2019, 09:19:11 AM »
oh well

Man yesterday was rough, woke up at 5am flew to Denver and worked until 9pm local time here.  Ugh and back at it early this morning.  This trip SUCKS, but the positive is I have help this time and one of the new guys from another team is assisting us and he's pretty cool (never met him before) and good to work with which makes this a lot easier.  Also, it seems I will be working the weekend, but during the day, so tomorrow night should be clear for me to go do something fun.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1167 on: October 04, 2019, 09:25:09 AM »
oh well

Man yesterday was rough, woke up at 5am flew to Denver and worked until 9pm local time here.  Ugh and back at it early this morning.  This trip SUCKS, but the positive is I have help this time and one of the new guys from another team is assisting us and he's pretty cool (never met him before) and good to work with which makes this a lot easier.  Also, it seems I will be working the weekend, but during the day, so tomorrow night should be clear for me to go do something fun.

Go find Jackie and hit a brewery!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1168 on: October 04, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »
oh well

Go find Jackie and hit a brewery!

^This.

Jay... poetic justice.  Strange that it's not standard - it's VERY standard in any agreement I've ever worked on (in the technology industry).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1169 on: October 04, 2019, 09:43:46 AM »
I guess it's not standard in longer contracts due to the upfront investments the company has to make in the beginning. They're not going to drop money on a Car / Golf Carts / other systems if the client can just pull out after 2 months. I don't know. I'm actually going out to our main office in Pasadena next week to bring a load of shit from my office, swap out the POS we have at the account for my Prius (Don't hate :lol ) and start doing some training for the new position. I've specifically asked, after this incident, for them to go over our standard contracts and what not to familiarize myself with the behind the scenes... because soon... I WILL be behind the scenes :D

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1170 on: October 04, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »
Oh sure... typically what I see is a minimum commitment - 12, 24, 36 months ... something long term to justify the investments, but upon the first renewal, there's an option to cancel for convenience with some short term period of notice.  The period is dependant on the complexity of the actual processes and step of ending the activities.  30 days isn't unreasonable in your business by the sounds of things ... you just up and leave the premises.  It's your client's responsibility to figure out their shit.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1171 on: October 04, 2019, 11:11:54 AM »
  It's your client's responsibility to figure out their shit.

Oh yea. And they are going to have to scramble. I kind of feel bad, but in the end, it is NOT my problem. What do you expect to happen when you spend a year dragging a company that you worked together for 7 years with through the mud, and then fire them?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1172 on: October 04, 2019, 09:36:07 PM »
I wonder when the Secret Santa is going to start this year.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1173 on: October 04, 2019, 10:05:53 PM »
Wow did today kick my ass, the whole project is really up in the air thanks to network engineering who said all along "we'll be there to support as needed" not being anywhere to be found and couldn't do their parts of the job blocking us for doing our work.  Going to be working all weekend now it seems  >:(

At least I just got back from the legal shops here so I can relax after this terribly stressful day full of fail out of my control.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: October 07, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
Speaking of legal shops, I actually hit up my first one last night... which is pretty surprising as the small town right next to mine was one of the first in the state to embrace it, and now we have a dozen within a 2 mile radius. A lot of the residents hate it, but the city loves it. The taxes from the shops have pulled the town out of red and the shops have a little coalition where they donate money to different causes in the area (like $35k for the local homeless shelter or $20 to save our local fireworks show, which had funding cut). People sit and bitch about crime and what not associated with the shops, but crime has actually gone down :lol

These are the same people who bitch about the fields of industrial hemp being grown around here now. What these people don't understand is the fact that it's shit being grown w/out THC, and that apparently Hemp grows off season of strawberries (our area's biggest crop). There are people pushing for city / county ordinances to ban hemp. I don't fucking get people.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1175 on: October 08, 2019, 07:35:49 AM »
I don't fucking get people.

Why do you think there's so much to post about over in P/R?  :) :) :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: October 08, 2019, 08:00:29 AM »
:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1177 on: October 08, 2019, 12:23:08 PM »

You like circular conversation? :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1178 on: October 08, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »

You like circular conversation? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: October 08, 2019, 12:26:49 PM »
 :lol

Heading to New Jersey for Progstock this Friday am.  Can't wait.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: October 08, 2019, 01:16:48 PM »
I'm jelly for missing the meetup, but no too stuffed about missing the lineup.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: October 08, 2019, 01:20:10 PM »
I'm only going to be around Friday night if that works for everyone else to maybe grab dinner or even just a beer or something between bands, otherwise this year's line up really just wasn't interesting for the price for me.  Shit, I'm even turning down seeing DT on Friday which is a first.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1182 on: October 08, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
  Shit, I'm even turning down seeing DT on Friday which is a first.

:omg:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »
I'm jelly for missing the meetup, but no too stuffed about missing the lineup.

I'm hoping to be surprised. 

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1184 on: October 09, 2019, 05:28:33 PM »
Another root canal down checked off the box of list of things I need to do to my teeth. This is the first dental procedure that is kicking my ass afterwards. My head is pounding.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1185 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Good morning folks.

Spent the day yesterday down in Pasadena at out main office training for my new position. Learned a lot of the behind the scenes, and gained a new respect for out Account Coordinator, who basically does my current job but with 10x the people and 15x the properties.

I also learned more about what I'll be doing, and I'm really looking forward to it. Essentially my main job is going to be training, making sure employees have sufficient training to stay compliant with state regulations, as well as post inspections and meeting with employees  who need physical paperwork signed who can't make it to our main office for whatever reason. I'll also help develop strategies and procedures for new accounts, etc. They also plan on having me assist with some of our celebrity accounts and shit. That'll be cool.

Until I can start, I've gotta ride out the last few weeks here at my account... As it sinks and things begin to crumble around me :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1186 on: October 10, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
Well at least you can mentally check out of the old job.  You going to be in Pasadena in November?  I should be booking my LA work trip for November 4-8 today.  I usually stay in Pasadena so if youre around maybe we meet up.  My trip is a coverage not project trip so I should have downtime in the evenings.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: October 10, 2019, 10:55:01 AM »
I have no idea what my schedule will look like during my first month. I'll be spending a lot of time training and what not in our Office in Pasadena, but I'll also be all over SoCal learning our different accounts. From Pasadena / Burbank / Glendale to Marina Del Ray to San Bernardino to everything in between. Hell I may even wind up going up to San Fran, but I doubt I would be this soon.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1188 on: October 10, 2019, 11:17:01 AM »
True, well I'll be in town that week if you are around.  I was looking at concerts that week, theres a couple in Anaheim, but also Billy Corgan is doing some solo shows close to Pasadena in a small club.  I might check that out if I can.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1189 on: October 10, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
Is he playing at The Rose?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"