Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284957 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1120 on: September 28, 2019, 05:42:23 AM »
On the bus to Buffalo right now!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1121 on: September 28, 2019, 06:23:26 AM »
Giggity = dinner and beers.

I'm sure that's exactly what that means ;)

I just woke up and while enjoying coffee I'm doing my end of week trading metrics only to fund out my brokers site has a bug that has been messing up the trade metrics they store. This is a real bitch because now I have to move everything to Excel which I really do want to do.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1122 on: September 28, 2019, 08:45:17 AM »
Nice Chad and Joe  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1123 on: September 28, 2019, 03:49:55 PM »
Went to a once-a-year beer event in NYC today, already back home and relaxing on the couch for the night.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1124 on: September 29, 2019, 04:51:42 AM »
Nice Chad and Joe  :metal

So awesome to hang with my Broseph.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1125 on: September 29, 2019, 06:05:52 AM »
Ditto lover.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1126 on: September 29, 2019, 07:15:49 AM »
Cheated death today, I had way too much to drink last night and I woke up feeling amazing. I have to appreciate this gift. Going to be starting up the smoker soon for the prastrami.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1127 on: September 30, 2019, 10:43:58 AM »
Good morning.

Spent the weekend focused on life and not work, and now Gotta spend the day catching up (SHAME ON ME FOR NOT WORKING OFF THE CLOCK :lol )

I've got a guy who's leaving today. Last day. I've got another guy who is on the schedule tonight who's been out 2 weeks due to an infection. Hopefully he fucking comes to work. I've got another another guy who's been out over a month for surgery who is back today who's actually coming in early to train on our new system that I doubt he'll understand at all.

All this plus my boss is coming into town for a meeting with the our client to discuss our contract, but from what I've heard through the grapevine, it's as good as dead. So as soon as I get "off" my shift I have to change into something nice, make myself look pretty, and then go into this 2 hour meeting.

I... need more coffee.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1128 on: September 30, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »
Need more coffee too, it's been a rough morning for me.  I think it started with feeling super depressed last night that my 30 day dream vacation is over, but continued with being totally unable to sleep.  It felt like coming back to school after the summer and the uncertainty of what I would be walking into today.  Good thing, people didn't immediately come at me to do shit when I came in.  Bad thing, no ones done any of my work the last month.  Spent the morning catching up on 1200 emails, and 100s of unread messages.  My coworker in Amsterdam is gone.  We have new health insurance I have to figure out as we migrate to our overlords way of doing things.... and the threat of "no more OT" seems to be back.  Plus I have to go to Denver early Wednesday and work over the weekend there  :censored

Apparently we did get approval to hire 3 people (which would double our team) so that needs to happen, sooner than later.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1129 on: September 30, 2019, 11:04:08 AM »
Will those 3 people lessen your specific work load?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1130 on: September 30, 2019, 11:13:06 AM »
Will those 3 people lessen your specific work load?

One directly would as a coworker in my NJ data center, the other two would as well, but more indirectly.  One would be in LA to help my LA coworker, that guy would be the least impactful to me as my LA coworker is pretty good and ontop of his work.  The 3rd would be to replace the guy who left in Amsterdam, and since no one is there now, my coworker in NJ and myself will have to cover for that loss.  So that will help provide relief there in the meantime.  While I understand this was approved and signed by the CTO, I have no idea when we officially start hiring though.  It needs to be soon. 

Good news though, we signed agreements to stay put in our data centers in NJ and Amsterdam.  There's been lots of talk to move both (which would be huge nightmares and if we moved NJ, could potentially mean my job could move, although it was always talked about just moving to another town, it could have been to another state).  So staying put is good news to me, we put down lots of money to grow here though so we will be busy to end the year, but at least not as busy as we would be if we decided to move.

Also looks like I may be spending a few weeks in LA in November when my coworker goes on a long vacation.  I actually don't mind that at all.  I am dreading this Denver trip though, I'm just really not feeling up to a business trip this week when I feel like I'm just waking up from a month long dream.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1131 on: October 01, 2019, 12:00:18 AM »
Annnnnnnnd

We lost the account. Contract is up Dec 1st...  We have a clause that allows us to walk away at any time within 30 days of the contract expiring.... That may just happen after the BS that we have gone through over the last 8 months.

And that also means I get to start training for my new position this month.

I'm legit excited for it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1132 on: October 01, 2019, 04:40:39 AM »
Glad you're excited for it Jay.  When I lot my job a few years back, it was one of the best things to ever happen - at least, professionally.  Hope it all works out for the best for ya man.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1133 on: October 01, 2019, 05:09:37 AM »
Sounds like it might be the change you need Jay.

Morning dudes, going to be a long day but the chili dog guy will be out today so I have that to look forward to.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1134 on: October 01, 2019, 06:23:40 AM »
What they said Jay.

In Manchester N.H. airport heading to Chicago for our yearly conference. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1135 on: October 01, 2019, 08:34:04 AM »
Nice Jay

I'm so messed up in my head, went to check in for my flight for Denver this morning and realized it's not until Thursday  :rollin It actually made me so happy, I was not looking forward to heading back out, so one more day at home due to my own head being screwed up has made me pretty happy this morning.

Also put in my next vacation day for October 14th.  I may be going to DC that weekend so that's starting to take shape as my next little fun trip. 

I've been quite depressed the last couple days since my vacation ended and I want to get something on my calendar to start looking forward too because work seems like it's going to be kicking my ass for the rest of the year.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1136 on: October 01, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
Now I get to start the process of slowing getting rid of / deleting anything proprietary in our office / on our computers. We've been here for 7 years, and basically built up the procedures / systems that are in place here. It's going to be a lot of work.

Nice Jay

I'm so messed up in my head, went to check in for my flight for Denver this morning and realized it's not until Thursday  :rollin It actually made me so happy, I was not looking forward to heading back out, so one more day at home due to my own head being screwed up has made me pretty happy this morning.

Also put in my next vacation day for October 14th.  I may be going to DC that weekend so that's starting to take shape as my next little fun trip. 

I've been quite depressed the last couple days since my vacation ended and I want to get something on my calendar to start looking forward too because work seems like it's going to be kicking my ass for the rest of the year.

What's going on in DC?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1137 on: October 01, 2019, 10:57:25 AM »
Since I have to go to Denver for work, I had to sell (which sold last week thankfully) my ticket for Incubus at Radio City this Thursday night.  It sucked because they are doing their 20 years of Make Yourself anniversary tour and that's a fantastic album that I'd love to see full.  They are doing back to back nights in Washington DC that weekend.  I'm planning on going to both to make up for my missing it at Radio City.  I saw they did back to back nights in Denver and switched up completely the "and beyond" part of the set, also it's a much smaller venue than I've ever seen them play.  So that sounds like a fun weekend.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1138 on: October 01, 2019, 11:09:16 AM »
Since I have to go to Denver for work, I had to sell (which sold last week thankfully) my ticket for Incubus at Radio City this Thursday night.  It sucked because they are doing their 20 years of Make Yourself anniversary tour and that's a fantastic album that I'd love to see full.  They are doing back to back nights in Washington DC that weekend.  I'm planning on going to both to make up for my missing it at Radio City.  I saw they did back to back nights in Denver and switched up completely the "and beyond" part of the set, also it's a much smaller venue than I've ever seen them play.  So that sounds like a fun weekend.

I never got into Incubus, but that's pretty awesome.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1139 on: October 01, 2019, 11:22:39 AM »
I hope El Barto reads this too, but for those that like to travel to shows... let's say, for s***'s and giggles, that you'll be in Orlando for a couple days.  Short of searching the websites for every band you might possibly see, is there a convenient way of doing a quick search to see who's in town and who might be a band someone might want to see?   Asking for a friend.  ;)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1140 on: October 01, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »
I hope El Barto reads this too, but for those that like to travel to shows... let's say, for s***'s and giggles, that you'll be in Orlando for a couple days.  Short of searching the websites for every band you might possibly see, is there a convenient way of doing a quick search to see who's in town and who might be a band someone might want to see?   Asking for a friend.  ;)

Stubhub, top right corner you can choose a city and dates and it will list all the events.  That's how I do it when I travel.  However, its only events with tickets listed so you won't get everything that's happening but you'll find anything that's big going on.

In fact that's how I just found out what's going on in Denver this weekend if I have time (I think I could be working all weekend) but I see AJR is playing Red Rocks (best venue, least interesting band), Dropkick Murphies playing some auditorium in north Denver (best band, least interesting venue), and Amon Amarth is playing the Filmore (mid band, mid venue). 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1141 on: October 02, 2019, 09:29:19 AM »
My guys are taking losing the account a lot better than I thought they would. Most everyone has said they will stick around with me until the last day, which is nice, as I expected a lot of people to bail early. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me, mainly because I don't have to give a shit anymore. I mean, I am still doing my job, but all these extra little projects and proactive things that I usually do have stopped. Soon all of these issues will be someone else's problem to figure out.

I've also learned more about my new position. Looks like I am getting a 2016 Prius to putt around in. So stoked.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1142 on: October 02, 2019, 09:46:59 AM »
I've also learned more about my new position. Looks like I am getting a 2016 Prius to putt around in. So stoked.

"Putt" is the operative word.  Make sure you have your testicles with you every time you sit in that .... car(??).

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1143 on: October 02, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »

"Putt" is the operative word.  Make sure you have your testicles with you every time you sit in that .... car(??).

Here in Connecticut, you have to hand in your testicles when you buy it, so problem solved.  ;)

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1144 on: October 02, 2019, 09:52:21 AM »
My guys are taking losing the account a lot better than I thought they would. Most everyone has said they will stick around with me until the last day, which is nice, as I expected a lot of people to bail early. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of me, mainly because I don't have to give a shit anymore. I mean, I am still doing my job, but all these extra little projects and proactive things that I usually do have stopped. Soon all of these issues will be someone else's problem to figure out.

Prius or not that's awesome. I remember you having some car trouble so getting a company car to drive around in is awesome.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1145 on: October 02, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
Yea, a company car is a nice perk.  As much as I wouldn't buy a prius, if you give me one, I wouldn't complain.

My Dell rep just took us out to lunch and he drives a nice BMW but was saying he wants a Prius since he drives so much for work, which got immediate shit from my coworker.  Not so different than here  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1146 on: October 02, 2019, 11:47:51 AM »
They were originally talking about having me drive the 09 Malibu we use at this account... But it's a peice of shit. Bare minimum needs a new driver's seat... As it's completely busted. Sitting in it for more than 30 minutes is a fucking pain. It's also a gas hog. I'll be driving a minimum of 120 miles a day but probably closer to 200-250 in Southern California traffic. I told them to take this and give me one of the older beat Prii (plural of Prius), but they went out and bought one specifically for this position.

My boss drives a 5 series. Used to have a Porsche... But apparently it wasn't feasible for wining and dining clients :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1147 on: October 02, 2019, 12:34:43 PM »
Yea, a company car is a nice perk.  As much as I wouldn't buy a prius, if you give me one, I wouldn't complain.

I'm with ya.  And to go from a 5-Series to a Prius would be jarring.  There are far more appealing electric options - even ones not named Tesla.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1148 on: October 02, 2019, 03:21:20 PM »
How the hell is everyone?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1149 on: October 02, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »
I just had Dunkin for the first time...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1150 on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
and.. . .. how did you like it? Personally when it comes to coffee they are my favorite.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1151 on: October 02, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
Coffee, the only vice I never acquired :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1152 on: October 03, 2019, 05:12:56 AM »
Speaking of coffee, I had to um unload at the airport before boarding and the guy in the stall next to me brought a coffee in with him, it was on the floor near my foot. How nasty. I mean bringing a coffee into a public bathroom is nasty, nvermind the EWR bathrooms which are so disgusting.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1153 on: October 03, 2019, 05:22:56 AM »
That is just foul

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1154 on: October 03, 2019, 07:17:57 AM »
It was good. Above average. I've been Wittgenstein to get a Dunkin in my town for a looooong time.

I don't know if I'll frequent it though. It was built inside the lobby of a credit union branch. It's got a full menu and everything... But isn't the most convenient... And is kinda awkward.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"