Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284870 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1050 on: September 11, 2019, 09:00:37 AM »
I just had a resume come in from a potential employee.

Under his "skills", you just listed  " Flexible. Read. Write."

oof.

In other work related news, my boss is back to toying with the idea of promoting me and having me work out of the main office as well as working as a roving supervisor. The office is an hour and a half or so away,  but I'd have a company car.. and would get paid more... so it's a win. He also told me since I'd be a rover half the time, I'd be on the clock for my commutes? That'd be sweet.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1051 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:46 AM »
Sounds good

So many Europeans in thongs here, I have a fantastic view too. I'm in paradise.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1052 on: September 11, 2019, 01:41:38 PM »
Working from home today because I had to pick up two suits I rented for my old college roommate's wedding this weekend in Vermont.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1053 on: September 11, 2019, 01:58:49 PM »
So many Europeans in thongs here.

That can be a good thing.  It can also be a horribly disturbing thing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1054 on: September 11, 2019, 02:14:32 PM »
So many Europeans in thongs here.

That can be a good thing.  It can also be a horribly disturbing thing.

There's been nothing horrible about this or people in their bathing suits besides me.  Good lord two blonde babes showed up later and parked in front of me doing all sorts of pictures of each other's bodies.  I just enjoyed the show. Then they put lotion on each other, bending over,  :rollin I'm like is this even real? Well the burning of my skin is real.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1055 on: September 11, 2019, 02:21:20 PM »
You better had filmed that!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1056 on: September 11, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »
Yeah, I mean it's not like Youtube is the only place Cram can upload his videos :biggrin:
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1057 on: September 11, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »
 :rollin

I may have a video coming up from this trip, but it will not feature asses as much as I would love to.  I've got no problem looking if they are showing, but I am not filming girls.  I'm not that creepy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1058 on: September 11, 2019, 02:28:53 PM »
creepx3 style!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1059 on: September 11, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »
 :rollin

I feel creepy enough coming to a resort solo when it's all couples and families.  I'm having a blast though, just cracked open the vodka  :yarr

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1060 on: September 11, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
I was sitting on the beach earlier, about two miles north... If you looked carefully, you could see me giving you the finger  :lol
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1061 on: September 11, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
 :lol we may be giving DTF the finger tomorrow  :yarr

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1062 on: September 13, 2019, 06:14:24 PM »
Damn, I'm home and soooo bummed.  It feels like the aftermath of not only ProgPower but of the Caribbean is hitting me hard now and making me upset that it's over.  It went by so quickly...

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1063 on: September 13, 2019, 06:50:54 PM »
How long were you gone for?

I'm happy to be home . . . . From work

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1064 on: September 13, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »
Was in Atlanta for 4 nights, home for 2, then Aruba for 3.  I leave for Vegas in a week now, so this is my staycation.... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't exploring options to do another quick trip.  I wish I was in Aruba for longer but I came home cause I have tickets for Kamelot/Sonata Arctica/Battle Beast tomorrow and Babymetal/Avatar on Sunday  :metal

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1065 on: September 13, 2019, 08:28:26 PM »
man you are all over the place cram. I'm still recovering from being in Europe :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1066 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:01 AM »
It helps getting upgraded to first class on both flights, made for a much more relaxing flying experience.  I really thought I'd sleep like a baby though last night, I think my cats just too excited that I'm back and he wouldn't stop seeking attention, and still is.  It's cute, but it's getting annoying too.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1067 on: September 14, 2019, 08:28:22 AM »
It helps getting upgraded to first class on both flights, made for a much more relaxing flying experience.  I really thought I'd sleep like a baby though last night, I think my cats just too excited that I'm back and he wouldn't stop seeking attention, and still is.  It's cute, but it's getting annoying too.

But if you didn't give in to that, he'd probably kill you in your sleep  :biggrin: or at the very least pee on the bed...
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1068 on: September 14, 2019, 09:12:47 AM »
He was eyeing the suitcase to pee on when I didn't put it away when I got home... I do have another trip coming up, and another one after that so I just moved it to another room and that seemed to calm him  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1069 on: September 14, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
Sounds like my cat. Since I got home she has been sleeping right next to me. I keep my phone on bed so when I go to sleep she hops up, swipes my phone off my bed and curls up into an furball and goes to sleep.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1070 on: September 16, 2019, 10:28:14 AM »
yup, definitely dislocated my pinky last night in the mosh pit

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1071 on: September 16, 2019, 10:40:29 AM »
yup, definitely dislocated my pinky last night in the mosh pit

YYEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #1072 on: September 16, 2019, 10:41:29 AM »
OUCH. I've never dislocated a finger but I've jammed them pretty bad and that really smarts. I stay far away from the mosh pits - not entirely because of that but that's just another reason.  :lol
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1073 on: September 16, 2019, 10:50:29 AM »
it was pretty insane last night, I can move my pinky so it's not needing a doctor (I did send a pic to my doctor friend who gave me advice on how to take care of it), its just super fat and still getting puffier plus bruising on the inside of my hand up to my knuckles along the finger.  Oh, and the pain.  It somehow got tangled with someone or something and pulled backwards, I let out a huge scream like a girl when it happened  :lol  Honestly, might have been worth it.  Such a fun night and I may never experience a huge crazy pit for a Japanese teenage girl band  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1074 on: September 16, 2019, 10:52:52 AM »
Broke my pinky once playing dodgeball at gym class Junior Year.

I forgot my sneakers and slid on my socks to dodge being hit, my pinky caught the handball wall that protrudes 3 inches out out from the wall.  Bent it back.  Missed 2 months of baseball because of it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1075 on: September 16, 2019, 10:54:04 AM »
I sprained my toe in a pit before. Moshing to The Misfits in '07. Good effing times.

So, a representative with a competing company trying to snag our contract from us next month was supposed to come and do a walk through with the HOA I work with.

They brought 2 car loads of people in uniform. Legit looks like they are canning us and starting a process to bring the new company in.  Pretty damn shady.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1076 on: September 16, 2019, 12:50:26 PM »
That sucks Jay... but I don't think it's shady.  What is the HOA supposed to do, just have you guys stop providing service one day, and the next company then takes over?  Their responsibility is to the home owners, not to your company.  It blows that you're losing the contract, but the HOA has to put in place a transition plan.

Unless I'm missing something?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1077 on: September 16, 2019, 01:02:47 PM »
There wouldn't be a transition. They would set the day that we are out of there, and we will work providing full service up till that point and then be gone the next day. They should be giving us several months heads up, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. It's still supposedly 50/50 but... we'll see. From what I am observing (it's still going on), this is an in depth meeting.

Losing the account and joining the new company would mean a slight raise for me. Losing it and staying with my company means a raise and promotion. Keeping the account means a slight raise. I win no matter what I guess... I just find the tactics annoying.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1078 on: September 18, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »
Pinky is still bruised from my palm to the last knuckle, but swelling is down and pain isn't too bad anymore unless I grab something with that hand.  Should be good to get back into the pit friday for Delain  :metal  Found this video from the show, maybe this is when I got hurt  :lol https://youtu.be/Q6M_JPPcqiw?t=46

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1079 on: September 18, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »
I still don't "get" Babymetal :lol

Speaking of Videos and not getting things, I am literally watching (or trying to... work keeps getting in the way) your Gears 5 video. I never could get into Gears of War. Had #2... played through it a little. I just can't do the 3rd person view.

Also... When did it stop being Gears of War and just started being called just Gears?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1080 on: September 18, 2019, 03:32:49 PM »
Good question.  I was never a Gears guy.  I played the first two though when they released them as a package like 10 years ago or something on xbox 360.  It was a fun campaign but I didn't think much of it then.  I still don't, but I'm home this week and figured I'd want to play a new game and this was fresh.  Its fun, but I'm not crazy about it.  Like you said, 3rd person isn't the greatest and this game is all about duck and cover.  I just haven't played a new game in awhile and have time to game.  That's the first gaming video I've made in months too, just been too busy with concerts and traveling to get any gaming in.

Also, I don't "get" babymetal either.  It's just fun, I only knew a few songs they played.  Apparently they have a replacement singer, she followed me on twitter and I had to google who she was.  But it's like she looks just like the other one (I don't know any of their names).  The whole thing is really odd to me, but it was a really cool experience to see them dancing to all the songs.  I take it nothing more than a fun experience although I do really like Avatar.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1081 on: September 19, 2019, 06:45:40 AM »
What is "baby metal"?   Should I ask TAC?  :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1082 on: September 19, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1083 on: September 19, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »
I will be sending you a bill for damages.  :)

That seems like the worst of metal and the worst of boy/girl bands all mashed up into one.

(And the comments are absolutely PRICELESS.)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1084 on: September 19, 2019, 09:59:52 AM »
:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"