Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284855 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #1015 on: September 03, 2019, 04:05:16 AM »
OR what I should do is start calling them in the middle of the day, waking them up, and giving them this info. Hell, every time something comes up I should call them to let them know. Who needs sleep? If I don't, they don't!

Not entirely a bad idea.  Let this be a lesson to you (seriously)... verify with each of your employees how/when/who they want to be told information.  If it's from you directly, it might be over the phone, and you might be waking their asses up in the middle of the day.  Otherwise, it's the night supervisor.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1016 on: September 03, 2019, 07:36:06 AM »
Just sounds like the guys wanted something to bitch about. Fuck 'em. The guy that quit would've likely quit over some other small thing soon enough.

I would tell them that whatever comes from the Night Supervisor COMES FROM ME. And that I would not expect any further issues going forward regarding this.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1017 on: September 03, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
What I dont understand is why they felt they shouldn't have to listen to what the night Superviser said. The one person that is the authority that night shift.

If I had a problem, I wouldn't quit or really complain much. I'd just do it, and then call you to inquire about it. Which if it didn't come from you would make the night superviser look bad.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1018 on: September 03, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »
So what I pieced together, the lead / supervisor I had on nights before this guy was a POS. The current night lead has worked with the company almost as long as I have, and has technically been a lead longer than I have been a lead / assistant supervisor / post supervisor. The old night lead didn't enforce any standards. Just let people do what they wanted. The new night lead comes in every night and makes up a plan of attack for the night. He RUNS the shift and isn't just there to be there.  The night crew doesn't like it. I shouldn't have to ask them when they want info passed down to them. Obviously if something is really sensitive or what not, I'll talk with them, but there is a Chain of Command for a reason. I

What pisses me off even more is the fact that while going over the dude's hours for his final check, I found that he filled out the entire thing in advanced, including hours after he quit.. so now I have to go through and verify everything and edit out the days he didn't work.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1019 on: September 03, 2019, 12:54:01 PM »
The overnight guys (not the current super) sound like dickheads.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1020 on: September 03, 2019, 01:03:59 PM »
Sometimes in moments of extreme career aggravation, I think about what I have learned from a situation, how I can at least use it in future job interviews, and defining what shit I will not stand for in the future (plus the flipside of that, when to run screaming), and what I will/won't do when in positions of greater authority...."When I am king..."
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1021 on: September 03, 2019, 01:04:46 PM »
Welp last night in london. It's been on hell of a trip, I cannot wait to be home and in my own bed.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1022 on: September 03, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »
The overnight guys (not the current super) sound like dickheads.

They are. Honestly that's where people go who can't cope with the Morning and Afternoon shifts. The overnight has a lot of routine to it. Do A B C D E F G in that order. Very rarely does something happen that throws off the routine... and when it does, its pretty black or white (You either belong here or you don't). The Morning shift involves a lot of problem solving. A lot of variables. The Afternoon shift involves a lot of bullshit. They are both busy. The night shift is... simple. Yes, you're working nights, but you don't have to deal with much.

They actually used that complaint to the night lead. "Well Day shift does blah blah". They think that the people working the Morning shifts just sit on our asses. Anyone who has worked a shift with me knows how hectic it can be. 2 different phones going off. Actual shit going down around the property, emails galore coming in for me.

Yea I hate people :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1023 on: September 03, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »
It's funny how every shift blames the other.

I've dealt with so much of this kind of crap over the years.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1024 on: September 03, 2019, 01:38:19 PM »
Personally I'd love to work the overnight shift (don't tell MY boss that though). It's completely mindless. Even doing things 110% is just simple.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1025 on: September 04, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »
Here is my PSA for the day:

If you invest in a Ring doorbell camera or something like it, USE IT. If you are on vacation on a Holiday weekend, and receive a bunch of notifications, check them out. Don't wait until 2 days later to look and see that someone tried to break in to your house.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #1026 on: September 04, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »

If you invest in a Ring doorbell camera or something like it, USE IT. If you are on vacation on a Holiday weekend, and receive a bunch of notifications, check them out. Don't wait until 2 days later to look and see that someone tried to break in to your house.

Shit!

I hope the operative word is "tried"??
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1027 on: September 04, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »

Shit!

I hope the operative word is "tried"??

Luckily this dude didn't get into anyone's home(s). Just took a bunch of crap off of peoples' porches and wound up camping out on someone's 2nd story balcony (Easily reachable from the ground) for 2 days while the resident was away. My guys didn't catch it (Busy holiday weekend), but the dude was caught and arrested. It's turned into a headache for me. What people need to realize is this part of the property is bordered by a busy road with a shit ton of pedestrian (And transient) traffic, there's no way we can be at the right place at the right time every time.

This would have been caught sooner if the person with the Ring Camera checked their notifications....

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1028 on: September 04, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »
Woke up at 6am to get to Atlanta and have lunch with kat and jingle

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1029 on: September 04, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »
Just got home from spending 10 days away. Man it feels good to be home. Forgot how much space my house has compared to hotel rooms :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1030 on: September 04, 2019, 06:30:26 PM »
It's nice being away, but it's nice being home.

What else did you do besides going to London?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1031 on: September 04, 2019, 06:37:36 PM »
We started our trip in Paris then went to London. We pretty much did every tourist thing imaginable and ate a ton of food. I also got to meet some extended family in London which is nice. I currently miss the weather so much. it was nice and cool with low's in the upper 50's in london. I also really miss the pub culture there.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1032 on: September 04, 2019, 06:42:06 PM »
We did the same trip back in 2014. Flew into Paris. We stayed at Disney. The great thing about Disney is that there is a train station right there so we could get into the city easily. We took the Chunnel to London and flew home from there.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1033 on: September 04, 2019, 07:15:56 PM »
How is Disneyland Paris? One of our Parisian tour guides was raving about it.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1034 on: September 04, 2019, 07:37:01 PM »
How is Disneyland Paris? One of our Parisian tour guides was raving about it.

Very nice. They have 3 or 4 Disney hotels right on property. We stayed at the Disney New York Hotel, which was very nice. We had a great view.
It's two parks very similar to Disneyland in California. One side is the Magic Kingdom, and the other is a Hollywood Studio style park.
Their Big Thunder Mountain is the best. You get on, and then you go through a tunnel under a river to an island where most of the ride takes place. Very cool.

The fact that there is a train station right there was great. We took it into Paris twice, once for the day we spent there and the other for when we got on the train for Endland. It was about a 35-40 minute train ride from Disney to Paris.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1035 on: September 05, 2019, 11:14:31 AM »
Morning All.

Flying Colors tonight :JayOctavarium:

While doing my daily troll through job postings, I found that a company I currently work along side is hiring. It's tempting... because I have been thinking about stepping into a new field (Property Management) and I have a great relationship with a manager who I think heads up the branch of this company that is hiring... but the VP of the company is... not someone I want to work with as she has rubbed me the wrong way many times, and one of the managers I would be working under already makes me want to bash my head into a wall. (she's the kind of person who gets by using her looks and not her head...)

It is tempting... Pay Cut... and probably just as stressful but room to move up...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #1036 on: September 05, 2019, 03:49:46 PM »
Anyone know how to "bury" a link?   Meaning, have the link, but have it show up as underlined text?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1037 on: September 05, 2019, 04:11:32 PM »
Anyone know how to "bury" a link?   Meaning, have the link, but have it show up as underlined text?

Stadler, find a post that does it and quote it. You’ll see the formula.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1038 on: September 06, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »
the icon underneath the Italic "I" will do it for you

DTF mutha fucka!!!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1039 on: September 06, 2019, 10:45:45 AM »
Chad, how is the festival?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1040 on: September 06, 2019, 10:59:48 PM »
Chad, how is the festival?

It's been mostly excellent so far.  4 bands out of 14 that I didn't care too much for... all others ranged from very good to excellent.  One more day to go, and a couple of biggie's tomorrow in Threshold, and Demons & Wizards.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1041 on: September 07, 2019, 05:01:45 AM »
I've been checking out all the bands on YouTube.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1042 on: September 07, 2019, 06:02:33 AM »
First weekend in a month where I have absolutely nothing to do. feels good mang

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1043 on: September 09, 2019, 11:34:47 AM »
Good Morning Krusty Krew.

Had to go into work 2 hours early today because people suck and I am short staffed... but that still won't give me the time I need to prep for a team meeting tomorrow with BOTH owners of the company... as well as go through my own investigations regarding a small boat loaded with 9 people (seats maybe 4) that capsized right off of our docks at work.  That's a fun one.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1044 on: September 09, 2019, 01:56:36 PM »
Woke up today feeling the pain of a crazy long weekend in Atlanta, but did have an email sitting in my inbox stating I got a free upgrade to business class for my flight tomorrow morning to Aruba  :yarr Today has been a relax and recover day, plus video editing and cleaning/packing.  Looking forward to get my relaxation nation going the rest of the week.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1045 on: September 09, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
Free upgrades are awesome!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1046 on: September 09, 2019, 02:20:56 PM »
Woke up today feeling the pain of a crazy long weekend in Atlanta, but did have an email sitting in my inbox stating I got a free upgrade to business class for my flight tomorrow morning to Aruba  :yarr Today has been a relax and recover day, plus video editing and cleaning/packing.  Looking forward to get my relaxation nation going the rest of the week.

I EXPECT A VIDEO

Just do an intro... then 10 minutes of your feet in the sand with waves in the background. :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1047 on: September 09, 2019, 03:02:14 PM »

I EXPECT A VIDEO

Just do an intro... then 10 minutes of your feet in the sand with waves in the background. :lol

I honestly might do an Aruba video, I don't know what exactly, but there might be something

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1048 on: September 09, 2019, 03:13:35 PM »
Just randomly yell "Dad?" to people on the beach as they walk by

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1049 on: September 09, 2019, 03:16:40 PM »
Maybe from my hotel balcony