Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284837 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #945 on: August 21, 2019, 07:02:20 AM »
 :yarr 7 more work days until my month off, although I think tomorrow I have a half day due to our summer holiday party which I am not attending.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #946 on: August 21, 2019, 07:10:18 AM »
Sup.  3 more days to VACATION!!!!

Ditto my man!  What are the plans for the monarchy?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #947 on: August 21, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »
Going to Connecticut Saturday for a concert.  Sleeping over then going to a brewery I never been to.  Going to a Botanical Garden on the coast of Maine, An English garden for tea and crumpets.  Going to Vermont for the day.  Nice day trips and relax.  October is nuts for us.

Sept 29th Pats at Buffalo.  Drive home that Monday.

Fly out Tuesday Oct. 1st for our conference in Chicago.  Fly back on the 5th.

Progstock on the 11th in NJ. Drive back on 14th.

On the 25th head to Vermont to stay at a B&B for 4 days with Lisa to celebrate our 25 years married which is on Oct 28th.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:36 AM »
Good morning guys. First day of vacation today!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #949 on: August 21, 2019, 08:43:04 AM »
That sounds like a fun October Joe

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #950 on: August 21, 2019, 08:46:14 AM »
Looks like there's a lot of blobbing going on in here!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #951 on: August 21, 2019, 08:48:20 AM »
Vacation?

What's that?

I just had to explain to an employee why he won't be paid for the 4 hours he decided to leave the site and go home a few weeks ago. Really dude?  :tdwn
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #952 on: August 21, 2019, 05:22:57 PM »
So we were on vacation last week, and we stocked up our timeshare with breakfast stuff, snacks, water, etc...

Well, God forbid my wife leave something behind, like maybe a cup of sugar??

Unbeknownst to me, she packed this in the suitcase:

..which upon unpacking at home we discovered our final souvenir:

:facepalm: :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Ruba

« Reply #953 on: August 21, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »
 :lol

I bet the TSA officers were relieved that they could approve a suspicious package after one sniff.

Just don't put that in your coffee. You can't never know where the finger of the public servant who tested the stuff had been before. Better if you throw the package straight to the trash.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: August 21, 2019, 05:36:01 PM »
 :rollin

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #955 on: August 21, 2019, 05:38:16 PM »
Looks like there's a lot of blobbing going on in here!

I plan to Blob the fuck out of next week.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #956 on: August 21, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »
I've been couch surfing all week either working from home or now just out on sick days thanks to some bronchitis.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #957 on: August 22, 2019, 05:00:45 AM »
@ Tim... I've had that before.  It could be because of the bag of "sugar", or just a random thing.

Let her keep believing it's her fault tho.  Milk it for all it's worth!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #958 on: August 22, 2019, 05:30:19 AM »
@ Tim... I've had that before.  It could be because of the bag of "sugar", or just a random thing.

Let her keep believing it's her fault tho.  Milk it for all it's worth!

For our vacations, I used to pack a hikers compact aluminum tripod for photography. I got the baggage inspection message five times in a row! It probably looked like a pipe bomb or something.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #959 on: August 22, 2019, 06:25:01 AM »
The germans bomb tested my macbook charger, the standard one with the apple logo on it.  I had two exact same ones, they only wanted to test one of them that set off some alarm in the baggage scan.  Sometimes weird shit happens to trigger a search or maybe it's just random every once in awhile. 

If I travel with some work equipment in my checked back I'm pretty much guaranteed to see one of those slips.  Last year I had to bring a maybe 16 inch long power supply with me to Amsterdam and I had it in my carryon, that got some weird looks but they scanned it, bomb tested it and laugher their ass off at it as did I  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #960 on: August 22, 2019, 07:30:02 AM »
Damnit. I'm trying to get rid of my car but I can't find the title. Sigh, guess I'll just do it after I get back.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #961 on: August 22, 2019, 08:10:54 AM »
That's funny, but that's me, to be honest. Last time we were in Florida, same thing.  "I'm not throwing away a half can of coffee!!"   Like the world is going to end, or children will starve.   The worst thing is, I KNOW I'm doing it.   I'm like that guy in the commercial "defense wins championships!".

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: August 22, 2019, 08:30:13 AM »
I take the kcups from my hotel room before I leave, they usually give two regular, one decaf, and one tea but I never use them cause there's always coffee in the lobby, that's two cups of brew for home for me.  (not into the decaf or tea).  The best was my last stay in Brooklyn my room didn't have any kcups so when the cleaning lady came by I asked, she gave me 10  :lol then I later found where my two were hidden  :facepalm: oh well, lots of coffee to take home. Bottom line, I don't find what you guys do to be that weird or anything. 

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #963 on: August 22, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
:yarr 7 more work days until my month off, although I think tomorrow I have a half day due to our summer holiday party which I am not attending.
They making you burn accrued PTO? At my company you're not allowed to carry it over from one year to the next, but cash flow prevents them from buying mine out (which is the policy) so I'm still carrying over half of last years. My prediction is that despite at least two trips scheduled I'll still hit my anniversary date next year with 5 weeks off. Germany awaits!

And swiping K-cups is a good idea. I don't use the things myself, but I have friends that do.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #964 on: August 22, 2019, 08:46:24 AM »
No, this year was my 5th in the company and a perk of staying for 5 years (average life span was 1.5 years when I started) was a 3 week sabatical you had to use that year and you had to use all 3 weeks at once, plus you can add a week which I did.  Our new overlords are likely removing that perk at the end of the year so I'm glad I got my approval and getting my time off.  They only let us carry over 5 days and I get 17 days overall (not including the sabatical) plus we got 4 summer fridays to take off, the friday after thanksgiving, and the week between Christmas and New Years.  I still have 14 vacation days to use this year since my early summer vacation didn't pan out.  It's a very nice year for me for PTO. 

September is looking like this for me:

Thursday August  29th - LAST DAY OF WORK

30th - Slipknot, Volbeat, Gojira, Behemoth @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
31 - penn state game at noon
1 - The Who @ Madison Square Garden, New York City NY
2 - Day home
3 - Day home
4 - Fly to Atlanta, ProgPower Day 1
5 - ATL, Progpower day 2
6 - ATL, Progpower day 3
7 - ATL, Progpower day 4, Penn state game at 7:30pm
8 - Fly home from Atlanta, Giants at Cowboys 4:25pm, UB40 @ PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel NJ
9 -
10 -
11 - ?????????????????????
12 -
13 -
14th - Kamelot @ Playstation Theater NY, penn state game at noon vs pitt
15th - Babymetal & Avatar @ Terminal 5, New York City NY, Giants at Bill 1pm
16 -
17 - ???
18 - ???
19 -
20th - Delain, Amorphis, & Anneke Van Giersbergen @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY
21 - Fly to Vegas 5:30pm
22 - Las Vegas Day - Giants at Bucks 4pm (1pm there)
23 - Aerosmith @ Park Theater, Las Vegas NV
24 - Drive to Death Valley - Day in Death Valley Stay in Beatty AIRBNB
25 - Morning in Death Valley - Drive back to Vegas Stay at Venetian
26 - Fly home from Vegas 4:00pm
27 - Friday night football BBQ at home with friends - penn state at maryland
28 - Day home
29 - Day home, Redskins at Giants 1pm

Monday September 30 - BACK TO WORK

I've got two gaps to fill with plans still, I really want to go to the Caribbean and it's totally doable moneywise but I'm worried about hurricanes which ruined my Key Largo trip last summer. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #965 on: August 22, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »
Holy crap dude  :lol I got ProgPower, and then uh... maybe two shows after that for the year.  :lol That's wild!!
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #966 on: August 22, 2019, 08:56:12 AM »
Yea, I'm honestly looking to go a bit wild. Push myself to some crazy limits of what I am capable of doing (with my month essentially ending in Death Valley).  I've saved up money for this for the last couple years and all my credit card points so I can burn it for flights (I had $1500, still have $900 to spend).  I've stock piled hotel points (over 600,000) to use.  I'm probably going to burn about 1/3 of those so I can spend the my vegas trip at the Venetian.  If the weather shapes nicely, and prices don't jack up, that week after Progpower I am looking to go to to the DR or Miami and the following week I am eyeing a trip to Seattle to see Incubus.

Also, I'm booked to go to Denver for work October 3rd so I go right back out the door after my month off.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #967 on: August 22, 2019, 09:28:24 AM »

I've got two gaps to fill with plans still, I really want to go to the Caribbean and it's totally doable moneywise but I'm worried about hurricanes which ruined my Key Largo trip last summer.

That's why we're going to Aruba...we're going dead center of hurricane season (sept 7-21), but it's far enough south to be out of the hurricane belt.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #968 on: August 22, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »
Aruba

Jamaica

Ooooh I wanna take ya
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #969 on: August 22, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »

That's why we're going to Aruba...we're going dead center of hurricane season (sept 7-21), but it's far enough south to be out of the hurricane belt.

See you there...  I am looking at it now, didn't even think about this and I was beginning to think I've stared at the maps long enough and did enough price checks. 

I checked Jamaica and it seems United has no flights there anymore?  I went a few years ago so it's not high on my list but I was curious to check and surprised to see that.  Another obstacle for me is I only want to fly united, I'm so loyal.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #970 on: August 22, 2019, 09:59:24 AM »

See you there...  I am looking at it now, didn't even think about this and I was beginning to think I've stared at the maps long enough and did enough price checks. 

I checked Jamaica and it seems United has no flights there anymore?  I went a few years ago so it's not high on my list but I was curious to check and surprised to see that.  Another obstacle for me is I only want to fly united, I'm so loyal.

EWR <-> AUA on United, about 4.5 hours!

Should add, same principle applies to Curacao (and the other island there, that starts with a B), no idea about direct flights for those, however.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #971 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:24 AM »
The all-inclusive resorts there are a bit pricey compared to the DR but maybe because of the weather this is more attractive obviously, but looking at flights/hotels otherwise and this is very doable, Sept 10-13.  I wish I could do 2 weeks on the beach, but I got to get home for Kamelot on the 14th and my best friend just got his ticket for that so I don't want to miss it.  I'm going to do some more research, but seriouslly Millahh, you may have given me the best idea  :yarr

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #972 on: August 22, 2019, 11:53:16 AM »
The all-inclusive resorts there are a bit pricey compared to the DR but maybe because of the weather this is more attractive obviously, but looking at flights/hotels otherwise and this is very doable, Sept 10-13.  I wish I could do 2 weeks on the beach, but I got to get home for Kamelot on the 14th and my best friend just got his ticket for that so I don't want to miss it.  I'm going to do some more research, but seriouslly Millahh, you may have given me the best idea  :yarr

:millahhhh

Two weeks is certainly more than we normally do, but it's the wife's 40th, so we are going all out.  Not doing the resort thing, though...got a little casita up by Malmok Beach, with grill, pool, blender, etc.  So lots of tropical drinks, and generally chilling/blobbing.  Apparently the markets there are well stocked with Dutch cheeses, so that will be an area of focus as well!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #973 on: August 22, 2019, 12:25:47 PM »
That sounds more isolated and nice for you two, and yea I like that this is a dutch island, some reviews I see are pretty positive of the locals.  There's a Holiday inn resort, I have status with them and it looks nice enough, I may end up there and there's a snorkeling pirate ship right there with day trips for 50 bucks, might be signing up for that snorkeling trip that got cancelled from last year.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #974 on: August 22, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »
That sounds more isolated and nice for you two, and yea I like that this is a dutch island, some reviews I see are pretty positive of the locals.  There's a Holiday inn resort, I have status with them and it looks nice enough, I may end up there and there's a snorkeling pirate ship right there with day trips for 50 bucks, might be signing up for that snorkeling trip that got cancelled from last year.

Jolly Pirates?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #975 on: August 22, 2019, 02:59:01 PM »
 :yarr

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #976 on: August 23, 2019, 12:33:12 PM »
Happy Friday, Nerds!

I am so glad it's finally fucking Friday. This week can go fuck off. Found out that a close friend was taken by cancer a few days ago. I bowled with she and her husband for years. She was like my aunt.  She had beat it a few years ago, but it came back last year. Wound up back on Chemo... and in the ICU in late June for a few weeks with Pneumonia (Last time I saw her was when she was in the ICU). She had gotten better and was released. Her husband had just had a heart surgery recently and wasn't well enough to take care of her, so she was staying with her daughter. We didn't know... we tried to go see her the weekend before last and found out she wasn't staying at her home. Was going to try last weekend but we are still having car issues... so planned on trying to see her this weekend.  Fuck Cancer.

This comes as my company decided this week that they want to transfer my account over to a reporting / tracking system that they use everywhere else but here. We never did because the software still had a lot of features missing that I would absolutely need here. (Let me clarify, we use the system for tracking but not for reporting, so I know only part of the system). I've got to do an audit of how the system is used currently and help put together a plan / wish list on things I want when we transition. I also need to set up a day for the owners of the company to drive their asses up and actually train us. They're like "Pick a couple days and we'll let you know when we are available". My response was: "No.... tell me when you're available and we will work around you!" :lol I love being able to talk to my boss(es) like that.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: August 23, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
sorry for your loss Jay, fuck cancer

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #978 on: August 23, 2019, 07:38:58 PM »
sorry for your loss Jay, fuck cancer

Seriously. That sucks monkey balls.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #979 on: August 24, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »
Just went on the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour in Scranton PA.  Really cool tour, happy to have made it in time to sneak that in before the Knotfest Roadshow concert tonight.  :metal :metal