Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284816 times)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #910 on: August 13, 2019, 05:28:00 PM »
Waiting at the vet's office, googling "cat life expectancy"... Not a winning combination.  :-\

Nooooooo! :(
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #911 on: August 13, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »
Dammit. Our cats are our children.  I'm so sorry. Hopping for the best.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #912 on: August 13, 2019, 07:00:34 PM »
Damn millahh my thoughts are with you!

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #913 on: August 13, 2019, 07:14:25 PM »
So, Watson has a mass the size of a lemon in his abdomen, and he's down to 8.5 lbs (from his usual 11-12 lbs).  Ultrasound and biopsy later this week, but this is not great. He's 14 1/2 years old.

Hopping for the best.

Thank you for the much needed smile
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #914 on: August 13, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
My heart aches for you.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #915 on: August 14, 2019, 05:18:57 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that, that's heart breaking.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #916 on: August 14, 2019, 06:05:47 AM »
aw man that sounds horrible, poor Watson.  I feel for you man

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #917 on: August 14, 2019, 06:57:45 AM »
So, Watson has a mass the size of a lemon in his abdomen, and he's down to 8.5 lbs (from his usual 11-12 lbs).  Ultrasound and biopsy later this week, but this is not great. He's 14 1/2 years old.

Hopping for the best.

I just went through this with my dog, about 10 days ago.   You have my thoughts and prayers. 

Offline Harmony

« Reply #918 on: August 14, 2019, 08:42:14 AM »

Hopping for the best.

I just went through this with my dog, about 10 days ago.   You have my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry guys.   :heart

We lost our 16 y.o. cat April 27th.  He had tumors in his lungs; diagnosed in December and given only a month to live.  He stayed with us, fighting hard but in the end when he could only walk a short way before having to stop and catch his breath, we knew it was time.  I still think of him every day, sometimes with tears.  It really doesn't get a whole lot easier and I miss him.  He was the best damn cat I've ever known and I've know a lot of great cats.

It is literally the hardest part about having a furry friend.  *hugs*

Just another member of Gaia's intramural baseball squad

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #919 on: August 14, 2019, 09:11:55 AM »
Best wishes for Watson, and you as well millahh.

I'm very sorry, Stads and Harmony. :hug:
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #920 on: August 14, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »
So sad, sorry for your loss Harmony and Stadler.  Makes me think of my own cat and how sad I will be when his time has come  :(

Anyway, got into work early today so I can work on my vacation plans, Las Vegas is booked thank you Chase rewards for my flight on you.  Burned my yearly free night (also, thank you Chase IHG credit card for that) for my last night in Vegas to be at the Venetian, the night prior I booked an airbnb near Death Valley so I just need to book my first 3 nights in Vegas.  Kind of expensive those night (area 51 driving up the costs?!) so I may go for a cheap hotel on the strip like Luxor.  I don't know.  I'm not in a huge rush to book a room, just would really prefer to stay on the strip.  Monday the 23rd I'm on the hunt now for an Aerosmith ticket.  I'm wondering if they'll have some for sale at those day of booths for discount tickets.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #921 on: August 14, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »
Very sad when losing a pet..

So what exactly is an air bnb? Is that like uber for housing? Like are you living at some dude's house for the night?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #922 on: August 14, 2019, 09:36:50 AM »
So what exactly is an air bnb? Is that like uber for housing? Like are you living at some dude's house for the night?

Yea, its a small house in the desert, looks pretty cool and cheap, great reviews.  There's not much options out there on where to stay unless I camp, but for one night it's not worth me traveling with camping gear to save a few bucks.  This place looks pretty cool.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #923 on: August 14, 2019, 09:51:36 AM »
Thanks for the kind thoughts, all.  We'll know a lot more in a couple of days, I'm putting it about 50/50, though I don't have a great feeling.  Trying not to think about it too much at work, as I don't want to be crying-at-his-cube guy...

I'm sorry for your recent losses, Harmony & Stadler.
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #924 on: August 14, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words.

Millahh, I'm still pulling for you. 

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #925 on: August 14, 2019, 10:38:11 AM »
I'm sorry for the both of you. Truly. That's a heavy loss to take.

One of my cats has had health problems his whole life. He started off with an eye and respiratory infection as a baby when we rescued him off the street. Then he had a few recurring bouts of ear mites and would claw up the backs of his ears. Then he developed a really bad eye problem and our local vet was a fucking moron who was actually causing him more pain and didn't help the problem at all, so he went through hell for a few months with eye drops and vet visits til we finally found a vet who wasn't a complete idiot with house cats. Then last year he got diabetes. THEN this year the diabetes took out his back legs, so he walks flat-footed, and now has to get insulin shots every single day. He's only 8. I know cats can live a long time but with so many health problems I get more scared every year of something else happening to my little buddy. He always gravitates towards me and my mom, I always called him 'my' cat. Pets are precious. If only they lived longer...
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #926 on: August 14, 2019, 05:04:15 PM »
Just told my mom about my plans to go to Death Valley  :rollin "Please don't go I dont like the name of it"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #927 on: August 14, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
Less than a week until I have 2 weeks off, I can't fucking wait to not be at work.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #928 on: August 15, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
Work has been fire lately, and not from a work perspective, but some news within the company.  Let's just say, we stopped doing business with a customer because the company took a moral stance against what they considered "hate speech" and it was announced under our new leadership that we will begin doing business with them again.  It's gotten an immediate large negative reaction.  Essentially a protest within the company.  Immediately they scheduled an impromptu meeting, company wide, with a q and a from a few heads of the company (not the CEO or anyone from our new ownership).   I'll just leave it at the protesting folks didn't feel like they got the answers they wanted.  Another bigger meeting now set for Monday.  My actual workload has been the quietest I can remember today and yesterday  :lol I can't wait to go on my sabbatical and step away from the bs.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #929 on: August 16, 2019, 05:32:09 AM »
Less than a week until I have 2 weeks off, I can't fucking wait to not be at work.

I'm also getting about a week off in a week. My daughter's gonna go visit her grandparents in Boston! Should be fun.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #930 on: August 16, 2019, 09:13:20 AM »

look who's dancer #5 on the right  :metal (you can see me doing a devils horn  :lol)

Saw that gif (I'm in another briefly) on MTV's website http://www.mtv.com/news/3133683/jersey-shore-mike-lauren-wedding-fairy-tale/

I didn't watch the episode but my parents were sharing all the pictures so I'm looking forward to watching it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #931 on: August 16, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »
Morning Folks and Happy Friday!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #932 on: August 16, 2019, 07:14:26 PM »

I'm also getting about a week off in a week. My daughter's gonna go visit her grandparents in Boston! Should be fun.

That's awesome. Happy friday dudes.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #933 on: August 16, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »
One more week, and then I've got 2 weeks vaca.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #934 on: August 16, 2019, 10:25:46 PM »

look who's dancer #5 on the right  :metal (you can see me doing a devils horn  :lol)

:rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #935 on: August 18, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »
Its wayyyy too hot for an outdoor afternoon wedding ugh

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2019, 04:53:48 AM »

:rollin

Am I missing something?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #937 on: August 19, 2019, 08:00:35 AM »
That's me all the way on the right in the black and white.  I'm guessing you are not familiar with The Jersey Shore TV show.  Which is probably for your best.  I finally watched it last night, got a still now of my devil horns.  I'll probably post that later on twitter or something.  You can see my pretty much rocking out a bit during their dance scene, but otherwise I wasn't really seen much in the episode (one good shot of my dad drinking though  :lol)

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:25 AM »
Dude that's hilarious and awesome. Way to go!  :lol

Sad news: my friend had to bury his cat yesterday morning. She was 21 years young. Damn. RIP Shorty.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
We need that GIF as an emote. :cramx3:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2019, 11:16:23 AM »

Sad news: my friend had to bury his cat yesterday morning. She was 21 years young. Damn. RIP Shorty.

I'm sorry to hear that.  On our front, we will probably hear Watson's results back today.  The whole thing is so weird...after the mass got drained (~50 mL!!), he's completely gone back to his old self (fairly bonkers, no sense of self-preservation, overly curious, energetic, super friendly). And yet, that really doesn't mean anythign in terms of the prognosis.

On more fun matters...I made escargots and creme brulee for date night on Saturday!

EDIT: Partial results back, not lymphoma! Still not sure what it is, might be some odd infection, and I'm not exhaling until we have a definitive answer (not sure if there's a chance it might be a different cancer). But things are as good as they can be at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:50:51 PM by millahh »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #941 on: August 19, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
Millahh, very happy for you!   I felt bad sharing my story, didn't want to bring you down.  But hopefully the news will continue to be good! 

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #942 on: August 19, 2019, 01:52:41 PM »
That's me all the way on the right in the black and white.  I'm guessing you are not familiar with The Jersey Shore TV show.  Which is probably for your best.  I finally watched it last night, got a still now of my devil horns.  I'll probably post that later on twitter or something.  You can see my pretty much rocking out a bit during their dance scene, but otherwise I wasn't really seen much in the episode (one good shot of my dad drinking though  :lol)

Huh, I wasn’t aware that was still on TV.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #943 on: August 21, 2019, 06:49:16 AM »
I AM RISEN UP.

Good morning all.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #944 on: August 21, 2019, 06:50:20 AM »
Sup.  3 more days to VACATION!!!!