Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284961 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #875 on: August 10, 2019, 10:33:36 AM »
Yea, company is mostly young people who probably haven't experienced much outside of this job.  It's ridiculous.

Super Dude has a Super Baby?  Congrats!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #876 on: August 10, 2019, 11:28:14 AM »
Morning ya'll.

Was woken up at 7am by a phone call from work. The 2 Morning guys got there and the office was Locked up tight and no one there. Keep in mind that we are supposed to be staffed with a minimum of 2 at all times.

I jumped up and drove over there... And after an hour and a half of reviewing cameras and calling people (who weren't answering), one of the guys walks up.

Turns out he decided to leave to "take a shit" (he lives across the street)... And apparently fell asleep (he wouldn't admit he fell asleep... But he returned an hour after the shift was over... So yea). He said "oh I didn't realize [other guy] was going to leave.

FInally just now got ahold of the other dude. Same thing. He left because he wasn't feeling well... (he has medical issues that I am fully aware of), and he sad "oh I didn't know the other guy was leaving or I would have stayed"

.... I've gotta keep reminding myself... I can't collect unemployment if I quit..
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #877 on: August 10, 2019, 04:05:06 PM »
Baby? You had a baby?

I do, a beautiful baby girl. She's five months old and she's going to be trying solid foods for the first time tomorrow!
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #878 on: August 10, 2019, 05:28:01 PM »
Nice! Congrats man I didn't know!S

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #879 on: August 10, 2019, 05:52:39 PM »
Our summer field day is coming up.  Typically they would rent out liberty state park in Jersey City, have an open bar and food and play lawn games.  Get sloppy on company dime.  They moved it to the Central Park zoo with no booze this year.  I dont think many people are going.  I'm definitely not (more so because its out of my way to go, and if I dont go I'm allowed to take a half day which sounds much better).  So I guess if I instead went home and boozed, I would be boozing on the company clock.

Yes, but in your living room, there would be little question that the various insurance coverages your company has would not apply, and your risk is your own.  At that "field day", it's a different equation.  I have little doubt that in today's culture (I mean generally, not your company specifically) the insurance companies would have problems with the serving of alcohol, and now it's a much bigger risk for the company.  Unfortunately you're getting short-changed because some idiot somewhere else couldn't hold their liquor at a company function and either drove home drunk or got hurt. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2019, 07:00:19 PM »
Stadler,  check your PM's.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »
There's no real office culture for me at all where I work now. I only have one colleague in the Jersey City office with me, everyone else is either in Columbus Ohio or somewhere in Europe. I'd never dream of keeping booze at my desk, sometimes I wonder what the reaction would be if anybody realized on the days that I have bottles of homebrew in a bag in the kitchen fridge. But sometimes on the last Friday of the month (my one cheat lunch of the month) I'll hit the Ruth's Chris steakhouse in our building and indulge in a sazerac with lunch.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »
Our summer field day is coming up.  Typically they would rent out liberty state park in Jersey City, have an open bar and food and play lawn games.  Get sloppy on company dime.  They moved it to the Central Park zoo with no booze this year.  I dont think many people are going.  I'm definitely not (more so because its out of my way to go, and if I dont go I'm allowed to take a half day which sounds much better).  So I guess if I instead went home and boozed, I would be boozing on the company clock.

Yes, but in your living room, there would be little question that the various insurance coverages your company has would not apply, and your risk is your own.  At that "field day", it's a different equation.  I have little doubt that in today's culture (I mean generally, not your company specifically) the insurance companies would have problems with the serving of alcohol, and now it's a much bigger risk for the company.  Unfortunately you're getting short-changed because some idiot somewhere else couldn't hold their liquor at a company function and either drove home drunk or got hurt.

And they make us sign waivers to attend these events so we cannot sue or hold the company responsible if we do something stupid.  I need to find the picture I took of the guy I saw passed out on the floor at my first holiday party.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #883 on: August 11, 2019, 05:06:43 AM »
Welcome back Zach.  Nice to see some familiar 'oldie' names resurrecting.

And congrats on the kidlet.  Man, I do not miss those days!  jingle.kids turn 19 tomorrow!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #884 on: August 11, 2019, 06:20:32 AM »
Congrats to jingle.kid!

Crazy to think how different I was as a person at 19.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #885 on: August 11, 2019, 06:25:17 AM »
I interned at a company in the finance industry that was privately owned right before the market tanked back in 08/09 and that was a lot of fun. One of my responsibilities as an intern was to make sure the fridge stayed stocked in beers from the supply room one floor up (the understood rule was no beers before 6pm). They provided breakfast for us every Friday, which was usually just cereal or bagels and donuts, but once a month they'd bring in people to serve us hot breakfast with eggs and bacon and such. They also had a company party every quarter, so one night in July after work they bussed us from our office in Jersey City across the river to Chelsea Piers and there was an open bar, buffet dinner, dance floor, and then you had the option of choosing one activity out of bowling, the driving range, or ice skating. Then when you were ready to go they had arranged for a car service for everyone to drive them wherever they needed. The other intern got shitfaced and slept until 10:30 the next morning (which was a normal workday). He finally showed up at 11 or so, was left in a conference room by himself for about 20 minutes, and then the two managers and the senior team member went in and gave him a speech about how we work hard and play hard and how you need to be able to handle your shit. Meanwhile the senior team member had a phone in his pocket dialed to one of the desk phones and we were all listening in on speaker phone :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #886 on: August 11, 2019, 07:02:52 AM »
Nice! Congrats man I didn't know!S

Yeah, I know I haven't quite been around so nobody really knew, except a small handful of people who don't post here anymore. A lot has happened since I was a regular here.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #887 on: August 11, 2019, 08:26:33 AM »
Well it's cool to see you back!

Just got back from the dog park, nothing planned for the rest of the day aside from deciding what to eat

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #888 on: August 11, 2019, 10:44:01 AM »
Visited my nieces this morning, got my nails done by the older one  :lol and just came back and did my workout.  No plans today besides clean the house and relax.  It's so nice outside, I'm going to go lay out and get my tan on.  GTL today  :lol

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: August 11, 2019, 02:14:20 PM »
:lol. I jsut woke up from a 2 hour nap. I have to do the lawn later which I'm dreading.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #890 on: August 11, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »
Gym (ok basement workout) done, tan - yup 30 minutes laid out, laundry - bedsheets complete, clothes in the dryer.... whole house vacuumed and swiffered.  Kitchen cleaned.  Billy Idol video edited and up on youtube, very productive day at home.  I may go lay back outside for a bit before I grill some dinner.  Oh yea, also went to the super market.  Bought chicken breasts, chicken thighs, ground chicken, and chicken sausages.   :lol

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »
It's been a really nice lowkey weekend. Both yesterday and today I got up, got a run in, got an hour of guitar in, and was relaxing on the couch for the day by like 3pm.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #892 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:14 PM »
Working with a condescending af attorney! :tup

Being told some shit was added into the filing that shouldn't be there! :tup

Being blamed for the above, all while the paralegal who actually fucked up is sitting right next to her, and not wanting to throw someone under the bus/appear as though I'm just trying to blame someone else and thus keeping my mouth shut and just fixing it myself! :tdwn

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #893 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:01 PM »

Is there any other kind? [/looks at Stadler]

[/Looks at left hand, sees wedding ring, remembering that am married to attorney]
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #894 on: August 12, 2019, 01:30:23 PM »

Is there any other kind? [/looks at Stadler]

[/Looks at left hand, sees wedding ring, remembering that am married to attorney]

I smell a divorce
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #895 on: August 12, 2019, 02:05:24 PM »
3 weeks of work before I start my month off and I have a schedule written out of every day listed and trying to fill the holes.  I have a couple days designated "stay at home" but otherwise, I want to be busy and live up this once in a lifetime opportunity to have a month of (while getting paid).  So it starts out great with a couple concerts locally before going to Atlanta for Progpower.  Then things are still up in the air.  I have a bunch of concerts on my schedule locally and then in between, there's 3x 4 day gaps to be filled.  The last one is currently looking like a Vegas trip.  Been wanting to go back for awhile, love it there, and thinking I can do a day trip to Death Valley as well.  So that leaves me with two more gaps to fill.  I've got $1500 worth of credit card points saved to burn this month on travel costs.  LV would eat 400 of that.  So plenty more to make two more small trips... but where?  Currently thinking Seattle to see Incubus, but I've been there only two years ago (it does have my favorite weed shop though) but I kind of dont want to fly cross country just for one show, maybe if I could find something else to pair with that.  This is so much harder to figure out than my actual job today and its getting close and I'm starting to feel like I need to get my shit settled.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #896 on: August 12, 2019, 03:18:44 PM »
Are you going to be in Vegas on September 20th by chance?

:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #897 on: August 12, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »
Are you going to be in Vegas on September 20th by chance?

:lol
\

Fly out tentatively is the 21st evening, the 20th is the Delain/Anneke Van Giersbergen concert in NYC.  You going to be there the 20th or is something happening that weekend?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #898 on: August 12, 2019, 09:37:20 PM »
Don't lie. You'll be there for the Area 51 raid.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #899 on: August 13, 2019, 06:17:49 AM »
 :lol is that the same weekend? great.  Maybe I need to change plans

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #900 on: August 13, 2019, 09:39:32 AM »
It is!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #901 on: August 13, 2019, 10:02:44 AM »
That is pretty funny but I seriously have no interest in that.  Actually just that last week is my longest stretch of no plans so thought it would make good for a few days in Vegas then a road trip to Death Valley.  Original vacation plans this year were to do Vegas to Salt Lake City hitting up Zion and Arches and maybe another park if possible.  Well, since she dumped me, going to Death Valley instead seems appropriate.  But also, seems like a cool damn place to explore solo.  Last time I went to Vegas alone, I had the time of my life.  Met a girl and had some fun (no, didn't pay for her, legit met a girl), did a shot with Carrot Top, saw David Copperfields magic show, drank absynthe and then saw the Grand Canyon.  I'm not opposed to doing something similar again, also that week times with Aerosmith's residency.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #902 on: August 13, 2019, 10:06:33 AM »
  Well, since she dumped me, going to Death Valley instead seems appropriate. 

Last time I went to Vegas alone, I had the time of my life.  Met a girl and had some fun (no, didn't pay for her, legit met a girl)

Double  :rollin :rollin
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #903 on: August 13, 2019, 10:11:39 AM »
 :lol honestly one of the best looking girls I've gotten with too, but I feel the need to put that there because A. the story would seem unbelievable, and B, well its vegas and prostitution is rampant.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #904 on: August 13, 2019, 12:49:58 PM »
I've always said that if you go to bed in Vegas and there aren't pros trying to find customers near the elevators then you're either going to bed too early (they aren't out and about yet) or too late (they're done for the night/morning).
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #905 on: August 13, 2019, 01:37:27 PM »
I've always said that if you go to bed in Vegas and there aren't pros trying to find customers near the elevators then you're either going to bed too early (they aren't out and about yet) or too late (they're done for the night/morning).

Last time I was there, I was there as spouse on my then-wife's work trip.  She was in bed early, so a couple of the guys she worked with and I stayed up and made the rounds.  We were at one place - one of the guys (not me) was interested in exploring all that Vegas had to offer - and I struck up a conversation with a woman who was there from LA with her friends.  There were, let's say, five girls.   Turns out, her and her friends were "pros"; she was not working but her some of her friends were.  They just come up every weekend, some working, some not (sometimes both) depending on the circumstances.  I ended up having a good conversation and a good time with her (though nothing sexual happened; I was married, faithful, and I wasn't going to test those things in front of her work colleagues).  I don't know if anything would have happened, and I don't know if she would have switched to "pro" mode, but there seemed like, generally, a lot of opportunity out there.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #906 on: August 13, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »
Its sin city  theres plenty of opportunity if you are up for it.

I honestly dont know how I landed that girl, she actually picked me up, which made me think she was a pro. Stopped me walking on the strip after David Copperdales show. Started chatting, next thing you know shes in my bed. But I couldnt shake the thought of her being a pro. She went to the bathroom and I hid all my money and laptop. She didnt spend the night, I walked her back at like 6am and I follow her on instagram  shes legit. I actually think, judging by her IG, she may have turned lesbian  :lol but still to this day dont get why she stopped me to chat (I dont remember what her pick up line was, but it worked)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #907 on: August 13, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
Its sin city  theres plenty of opportunity if you are up for it.

I honestly dont know how I landed that girl, she actually picked me up, which made me think she was a pro. Stopped me walking on the strip after David Copperdales show. Started chatting, next thing you know shes in my bed. But I couldnt shake the thought of her being a pro. She went to the bathroom and I hid all my money and laptop. She didnt spend the night, I walked her back at like 6am and I follow her on instagram  shes legit. I actually think, judging by her IG, she may have turned lesbian  :lol but still to this day dont get why she stopped me to chat (I dont remember what her pick up line was, but it worked)

I mean this seriously (and complimentary), sometimes it's better not to ask questions.  As long as you still have your $$$ and your laptop, it's all good. You're a fun, good looking guy.  Even if she WAS a pro, maybe she just wanted something more personal, more for herself, something that wasn't some old lecher with more money (and back hair) than game. 

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #908 on: August 13, 2019, 03:57:51 PM »
Waiting at the vet's office, googling "cat life expectancy"... Not a winning combination.  :-\
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #909 on: August 13, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »
sorry, that sucks