Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285072 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #735 on: July 14, 2019, 03:16:28 PM »
And I locked myself out of my house while going for a walk  :lol thanks to my sister taking my spare key and I didnt realize so left locked the door and assumed I'd get back in with my hidden spare. I'm getting a tan waiting for my brother in law to come over with the key.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #736 on: July 14, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
I hate it when that happens! :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #737 on: July 14, 2019, 04:00:15 PM »
I hate it when that happens! :lol

Getting a tan?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #738 on: July 14, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
 :lol I'm back in, wasn't a bad hour in the sun at all.  I biked 4 miles and walked 3 around the neighborhood today.  I had my phone so I just laid out listening to music and luckily even had a drink with me still so I was lucky that it wasn't a miserable experience being an idiot, in fact, quite nice in the end although I may have gotten burnt.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #739 on: July 14, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »
Just home from an awesome weekend in VT for my college roommate's bachelor party. We spent most of the weekend chilling at the house either playing drinking games or drinking while playing other games (the basement of our airBnB had pool, ping pong, darts, and shuffleboard, and the backyard was big enough to get a good wiffle ball game going). Thankful for a quiet night tonight and one last day off tomorrow before my marathon almost three week vacation comes to an end.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #740 on: July 17, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Another late night at work for me, project starts at 8pm and should go to 11pm, although I'll just be happy to be out of here by midnight.   Will be happy to get this work done, pretty much the culmination of a bunch of work over the last couple months that I've very much been involved in.  Looking forward to my work expensed dinner soon

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #741 on: July 17, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
Word up fools.

I worked from home today so I could smoke spare ribs on the grill, four hours low and slow with wood chips for smoke.  One of the best decisions I've ever made.  I think I finally nailed my technique..smoky, tender but with a slight bit of chew, and a little bit crusty. I'd put the outcome up against any restaurant. And it was a BBQ rub, with a brown sugar and vanilla glaze.  Holy shit. I think the wife would have jumped me for making such an awesome dinner, but, well, we were both full of ribs.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #742 on: July 17, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »
Make sure you remind her of this next time you smoke ribs, and get it before dinner..
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #743 on: July 18, 2019, 06:19:19 AM »
A week later:  "Hey honey, remember those ribs?  Hubba hubba."

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #744 on: July 18, 2019, 07:52:07 AM »
A week later:  "Hey honey, remember those ribs?  Hubba hubba."

Wanna smoke some sausage now?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #745 on: July 18, 2019, 08:23:41 AM »
Frankly, I think I deserve it just for not repeatedly making jokes about the "nice rack".
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #746 on: July 19, 2019, 07:19:13 AM »
Wanna get sticky tonight?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #747 on: July 19, 2019, 07:30:30 AM »
One more hour to go until my vacation starts. Four weeks of nothingness.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #748 on: July 19, 2019, 07:41:26 AM »

Thats awesome, literally no plans though? 

I was just doing some cramx3 concert history this morning, figuring out which band I've seen the most.  I was thinking it was between Dream Theater, 311, and Iron Maiden.  Turns out IM are a bit behind at 11, and Dream Theater is in the lead at 19, but right behind them are 311 at 18 who I am seeing tonight for the tie  :lol 311 will take the lead when I see them again on Wednesday.  The two Iron Maiden shows next week won't be able to catch up enough.  And now DT are apparently close to announcing more US shows, so the race is on.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #749 on: July 19, 2019, 07:43:55 AM »

Thats awesome, literally no plans though? 

No I usually don't have any plans. I wish I had though, since I get very antsy and start climbing the walls after a week or two of just doing nothing. Perhaps I'll visit my sisters or something to pass the days.

It would be different if I had my own family and/or friends to hang out with.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #750 on: July 19, 2019, 07:48:19 AM »
Yea man, I don't think I could take more than one week home with no plans before also climbing the walls.  I get way too antsy.  You should definitely make some plans, do something fun with your time.  I've got all of September off, and literally made a calendar and have been populating it with things to do for most days.  I definitely want some time home chilling, but I want to make sure I'm doing something that I am going to remember for the rest of my life. Progpower seems to hit that spot, but that's only 4 days.  I've been looking to go to Vegas at the end of the month, but we shall see.  Toying with lots of ideas.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #751 on: July 19, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
Good Morning Krusty Krew and Happy Friday!

In 2 weeks I am taking a 3 day weekend for the first time in over a year. My GF and I are joining her Grandfather on his boat to go out to Catalina Island for the day Friday, and then... not sure what the rest of the weekend will hold.

Yea.. my life is so unexciting that I am talking about a day trip that won't be happening for another 2 weeks :lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #752 on: July 19, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
Well that sounds pretty cool, I can guarantee to you my life aint so exciting either, concerts are what I live for these days.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #753 on: July 19, 2019, 09:47:58 AM »
I am lucky if I hit 2 or 3 shows a year.

Last show I went to was Dream Theater in April. I can't remember what the last show was before that. I think it was The Addicts at NAMM, and before that was.. Zakk Sabbath and Kings X at Namm 2017? :lol

I do hope to see Flying Colors in Sept, and maybe Black Label Society as well a week after that. But only time and funds will tell.

Regarding this Catalina trip, I am not even sure if we are hanging out on the island or if its strictly fishing. I was told to make sure I have my fishing license. Either way... its something! lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #754 on: July 19, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
The only thing better than walking into the bathroom at work with a round in the chamber and finding the place empty is the feeling when you settle back at your desk with a freshly emptied set of bowels and the songs of angels whistling through your "tubes."
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #755 on: July 19, 2019, 02:21:47 PM »
The only thing better than walking into the bathroom at work with a round in the chamber and finding the place empty is the feeling when you settle back at your desk with a freshly emptied set of bowels and the songs of angels whistling through your "tubes."

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #756 on: July 19, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »
 :lol that actually happened this morning

Made it to Philly, so fucking hot out there today.  Traffic was terrible, it's funny.  I made a playlist yesterday for my drive, all music from bands I've seen or will see recently, including a heavy dose of the bands tonight... not a single song in random shuffle from those bands  :lol I got plenty of Orden Ogan though  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #757 on: July 19, 2019, 06:28:37 PM »
Settled in on the couch for the night with beer and pizza :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #758 on: July 19, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
I'll be cracking a beer open after I walk the dog

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #759 on: July 19, 2019, 07:40:28 PM »

I work from home (except when traveling - which I don't do very often anymore).  I always find the crapper empty... and always peel some of the paint off the walls.   :biggrin:

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #760 on: July 19, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »
I hate that guy on the seat for 20 minutes at work.  I want the big stall fucker. Get off your phone.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #761 on: July 19, 2019, 08:26:05 PM »
The DTF Shat Thread.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #762 on: July 19, 2019, 08:35:24 PM »
To boldly shat where no shat has shat before.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #763 on: July 20, 2019, 07:44:45 AM »

I work from home (except when traveling - which I don't do very often anymore).  I always find the crapper empty... and always peel some of the paint off the walls.   :biggrin:

That and lunch are the two best parts of working from home.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #764 on: July 23, 2019, 07:54:34 AM »
Dead for three days? And here I figured everyone was posting from the toilet in the first place!

No Maiden for me this weekend, but for a good reason, going to Asbury Park for a long weekend for my birthday. Weather is shaping up beautifully, mid/upper 80s and sunshine.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #765 on: July 23, 2019, 07:57:56 AM »
Dead for three days? And here I figured everyone was posting from the toilet in the first place!

No Maiden for me this weekend, but for a good reason, going to Asbury Park for a long weekend for my birthday. Weather is shaping up beautifully, mid/upper 80s and sunshine.

Whats the plan in Asbury Park?  I think Killswitch Engage and Clutch are playing Friday and then The Flaming Lips / Claypool Lennon Delirium Saturday at the Stone Pony.  But I'm guessing you are going to lounge?

I finalized my plans for Maiden weekend in Brooklyn, got a hotel room a few blocks from the venue and one friend to join me Friday on the floor and another friend swaps in for night two front row.  I also took off work Friday so I can get down there early, going to be a good weekend.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #766 on: July 23, 2019, 08:30:24 AM »

Whats the plan in Asbury Park?  I think Killswitch Engage and Clutch are playing Friday and then The Flaming Lips / Claypool Lennon Delirium Saturday at the Stone Pony.  But I'm guessing you are going to lounge?

I finalized my plans for Maiden weekend in Brooklyn, got a hotel room a few blocks from the venue and one friend to join me Friday on the floor and another friend swaps in for night two front row.  I also took off work Friday so I can get down there early, going to be a good weekend.

The Asbury Park plan is copious amounts of lounging, not really doing a damn thing aside from beach/pool, eating/drinking, and birthday weekend sex.

That sounds like an excellent plan for Maiden.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #767 on: July 23, 2019, 08:32:15 AM »
You staying at the Empress hotel?  :lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #768 on: July 23, 2019, 08:50:27 AM »

I think there's a joke or some history here that I'm not getting  :lol

We're staying at The Asbury.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #769 on: July 23, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »

I think there's a joke or some history here that I'm not getting  :lol

We're staying at The Asbury.

It's a gay hotel and bar near the beach, I just love how its called The Empress, I crack jokes to my friends all the time when we see it in Asbury.