Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284922 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #700 on: July 01, 2019, 11:34:56 AM »
Very lazy day on the couch today in between getting home from Homebrew Con in Providence yesterday and leaving for five nights in Cancun tomorrow morning (6am flight... ouch)
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #701 on: July 03, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »
Ugh I'll have to wait until Friday to get a new tire, it's not fixable which suckks cause these tires are really nice and therefore expensive to replace.  I'm also fairly certain someone put something behind my wheel to pop it.  I say this because it popped immediately as I pulled out of my hotel Monday morning.  Having said that, I can think of someone who would do that although that's so fucking lame.  Essentially when I got to the hotel Saturday morning there were a few people outside boozing, clearly going to the festival I was headed.  They said don't bother checking in no rooms are available yet (it was 11am, check in at 3) so I said that sucks but Im going to try and if not at least let them know the car is here.  Anyway, they checked me in no issue.  I have the highest level of membership wiht IHG hotels from work travel so I usually get taken care of.  Of course I walk out past the same people to get back to my car to get my stuff and they notice and are livid I got to check in, the guy stormed into the hotel.  Apparently they got him a room after that too, but I do wonder if these people drinking at 11am were assholes enough to plant a piece of metal under my rear tire. 

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #702 on: July 03, 2019, 10:45:35 AM »
Ugh I'll have to wait until Friday to get a new tire, it's not fixable which suckks cause these tires are really nice and therefore expensive to replace.  I'm also fairly certain someone put something behind my wheel to pop it.  I say this because it popped immediately as I pulled out of my hotel Monday morning.  Having said that, I can think of someone who would do that although that's so fucking lame.  Essentially when I got to the hotel Saturday morning there were a few people outside boozing, clearly going to the festival I was headed.  They said don't bother checking in no rooms are available yet (it was 11am, check in at 3) so I said that sucks but Im going to try and if not at least let them know the car is here.  Anyway, they checked me in no issue.  I have the highest level of membership wiht IHG hotels from work travel so I usually get taken care of.  Of course I walk out past the same people to get back to my car to get my stuff and they notice and are livid I got to check in, the guy stormed into the hotel.  Apparently they got him a room after that too, but I do wonder if these people drinking at 11am were assholes enough to plant a piece of metal under my rear tire.

Put right, even the bottom half of a bottle will do it.   That's how my wife's ex did it to her once.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #703 on: July 03, 2019, 11:04:42 AM »
I fucking love my company.

When I was hired, I signed an offer letter with a specified amount of PTO written in. When HR came to me for paperwork when I started, they started talking about PTO and all that and it was about half the amount I signed for. I didn't raise a stink, I just casually mentioned I signed an offer letter that stated something different. Into the office, door closed, absolutely no questions asked, HR said, "then that is what you're getting since you signed it, even though it is outside the normal company schedule." I had never experienced that kind of integrity and honesty professionally before.

Our vacation is prorated when you start, so I had some leave from starting in March, and the PTO reset date is July 1. I took 6 days of vacation last week and the Friday before, and literally upon returning all my PTO reset. I checked my balance today and it was....half what it should be. Benefit of the doubt, I calmly go to HR and inquire about it.

They pull my file, and right there in writing is the promise as it was stated to me, with the larger PTO balance. They said absolutely no problem, they'd make it right. 15 minutes later, my PTO balance was corrected, and I even have an extra day rolled over from before that I didn't expect.

Being taken care of and appreciated is SO underrated.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
I think people should use obsolete drones or pilotless planes to demolish buildings.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #705 on: July 03, 2019, 12:38:22 PM »
I think people should use obsolete drones or pilotless planes to demolish buildings.

NO U
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #706 on: July 03, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »
Good evening mutha lickas. Anyone up?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #707 on: July 04, 2019, 12:00:08 AM »
I'm up.

Soon I'll be awake too.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #708 on: July 04, 2019, 02:28:08 AM »
Is this the day where the descendants of the vile and treasonous colonies celebrate their defiance of the just and proper rule of King George III?   :yarr

Happy treason day, you empire dropouts!  :corn
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #709 on: July 04, 2019, 06:09:28 AM »
Good morning and Happy July 4th everyone.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #710 on: July 04, 2019, 06:19:51 AM »
Good morning

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #711 on: July 04, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »
Because it needs to be posted every July 4th.

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #712 on: July 05, 2019, 08:18:06 AM »
Wearing shorts at the office today. Half the crew is out, it's warm out, it's a Friday, and it's slowish, so why not. Shorts aren't really frowned upon at all (as long as they aren't raggedy), but I tend to opt for pants since I'm a manager.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #713 on: July 05, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
Good morning and happy 5th of July lol

I am being very productive today.... currently looking at video footage from the Earthquake yesterday morning. So far all I have is a swaying light fixture in one of our building lobbies. Nothing exciting :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2019, 11:08:10 AM »
I've had a couple quick prepress jobs come through and a handful from our automotive team but nothing earthshattering, groundbreaking, or panic-inducing.
My boss is out til next Thursday, so with that putting me as acting commander, I really want to send my team home early further along this afternoon, but without his say, I'd feel a bit wrong.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »
I need to work on my best man speech for my friends wedding tomorrow. I procrastinated until the last minute... and was going to put the finishing touches on it at work today.

Problem is... we work together. I haven't been able to get a few minutes without him around to actually pull it up and type. I'd say I totally Blobbed it... but Blob is at least able to get his creative shit done and out. lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2019, 02:46:23 PM »
It can't be as bad as what my buddy did. A few years ago my other buddy was getting married and my friend leans over to me at dinner and says "I haven't prepared a best mans speech". Needless to say he was not able to smoothly put one together

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
I am a horrible public speaker. I planned to just wing it and say a few words... but my GF kinda made me realize that it was a horrible idea.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #718 on: July 05, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
You should plan something, doesn't have to be crazy but something nice for your buddy.  Think about how you'd like someone to do the same for you.

Been in a lull the past couple days, after the amazing weekend of Warped Tour, I've been just chilling home and trying not to spend money (besides the new tire I just got).  I have however been working out a lot since I've been off.  Biked 10 miles today which is the longest I've done since I've started going back at it so that feels good. Clean the two bathrooms and went through all my clothes, gathered two garbage bags worth of old clothes to donate.  Lull but productive lull for me.  Tomorrow I'm back at it, going to the Disrupt festival to see a bunch of the same bands I saw last weekend.  It's super cheap and I'm totally in the mood for this music (The Used, The Story So Far, Thrice)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #719 on: July 05, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »
I was the best man for my college roommate's wedding. I didn't have anything prepared. I was trying to think of something even as we were being introduced to the room.

The girl's father did a speech right before me. I mean there was 250+ people easy. He went into this long winded thing about his baby girl and he had the entire room sobbing. I mean the guy was crying as he was saying it. So he finishes and they hand the microphone to me. This is in New York, so I know nobody here, and there's at least 250 people staring at me.

So I said the first thing that came to mind.

"There once was a girl named Michelle
Who made a wish at the love well
She wished for Chris Reeve
Wound up with Steve
And said, 'Eh, what the hell'"

The place fucking exploded with laughter. It was like popping this humongous balloon of sorrow. All night people were coning up to me saying it was perfect after the old man's speech.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #720 on: July 05, 2019, 03:55:23 PM »
 :rollin

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »
You should plan something, doesn't have to be crazy but something nice for your buddy.  Think about how you'd like someone to do the same for you.

Been in a lull the past couple days, after the amazing weekend of Warped Tour, I've been just chilling home and trying not to spend money (besides the new tire I just got).  I have however been working out a lot since I've been off.  Biked 10 miles today which is the longest I've done since I've started going back at it so that feels good. Clean the two bathrooms and went through all my clothes, gathered two garbage bags worth of old clothes to donate.  Lull but productive lull for me.  Tomorrow I'm back at it, going to the Disrupt festival to see a bunch of the same bands I saw last weekend.  It's super cheap and I'm totally in the mood for this music (The Used, The Story So Far, Thrice)

I guess the Albq. Show is the last stop. Going to be amazing then, meaning end of tour shenanigans. Thrice is also headlining so that'll be amazing as well.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #722 on: July 05, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »

I guess the Albq. Show is the last stop. Going to be amazing then, meaning end of tour shenanigans. Thrice is also headlining so that'll be amazing as well.

No The Used?  You are into that music?  I didnt think many here would be (besides chknptpie)  I'm bummed there's no Sum41 at my show.  But I will get to see Atreyu who opened Warped Tour but missed because well they went on at noon and they opened the doors at noon.  Think I want to check out Sleeping with Sirens too, I heard a lot of good things and enjoyed a few songs I listened to.  This music makes me feel young again even though a lot of it is old now  :lol

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #723 on: July 05, 2019, 05:09:48 PM »

No The Used?  You are into that music?  I didnt think many here would be (besides chknptpie)  I'm bummed there's no Sum41 at my show.  But I will get to see Atreyu who opened Warped Tour but missed because well they went on at noon and they opened the doors at noon.  Think I want to check out Sleeping with Sirens too, I heard a lot of good things and enjoyed a few songs I listened to.  This music makes me feel young again even though a lot of it is old now  :lol

Looks like The Used, Sum 41 and Thrice are rotating headlining slots.

Atreyu isn't on our stop which kinda sucks. Crazy lineup though.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #724 on: July 05, 2019, 11:20:17 PM »
Just got back from the rehearsal dinner and set up. We had another quake as we were setting stuff up. 6.9 aint nothing to shake a stick at.

Annnnd now I get to finish my speech :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »
Damn Jay, I just turned the tv on and they are talking about the quake last night.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2019, 08:05:19 AM »
My coworker from LA is giving us updates too, it may not be the last of these quakes (obviously, its CA, but I mean in the short period). 

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #727 on: July 06, 2019, 09:06:49 AM »
G'morning all. Last full day of family vacation in Mexico. We leave tomorrow then home for two days before I leave for Boston for my college roommate's bachelor party all weekend.

Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #728 on: July 06, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »
 :metal :metal livin the life

Woke up and hit the bike hard this morning, now time for coffee and relax before heading to the festival later today.  Starts at 1pm and goes till 11pm, but I think I'll show up a little later.  The humidity is bad out there.  It is supposed to rain later though, just hopefully after Sleeping with Sirens and the festival stage shuts down for the amphitheater (covered) stage opening at 6pm.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #729 on: July 08, 2019, 07:06:27 AM »
Excruciating drive in this morning. Traffic wasn't awful but very heavy rain, extremely dark skies, low visibility, and just the overall lethargy this type of Monday weather brings made it seem interminable.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #730 on: July 08, 2019, 07:13:37 AM »
Saw Peter Frampton last night on his farewell tour.  4 hours of sleep.  I am gassed right now.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #731 on: July 08, 2019, 10:43:02 AM »
Welp, that was a fun weekend.  Wedding went off without a hitch (minus them getting hitched). The only issue I saw was my phone, which I forgot to take off of silent during the ceremony, went off during the ceremony while we were all standing up there. One of our friends, who was in the audience, texted me a joke. My text tone is the 4 notes from Shine On You Crazy Diamond... so we are standing there... and during a 5 second pause, everyone heard "BUM BUM BUUM BUUUUUM!" I was given some shit from the other groomsmen about having my phone on me. Honestly it only was with me because I needed to coordinate with the Maid of Honor and bride on things. I was the go between during the set up and all the up to the moment before we all walked down the aisle.

The bridesmaids were all pretty chill, including the Maid of Honor (whom I know... and really never have liked). I will also add that they were all freaking gorgeous... holy crap! They strategically paired the one single Groomsman and single Bridesmaid together, and I think they hit it off. At least they would have if the wedding coordinator wasn't cockblocking. Seriously, after the ceremony was over, food was had, and the music (both piped in and live- there were a ton of past and present members of his various bands there and they all jammed) had started, we began to mingle a little. As soon as the coordinator saw relaxing and having a drink, she ran over and basically started yelling at us to "clean up the kitchen".  It's like bitch please, I paid to rent this damn tux, I have spent the last 2 days physically putting together shit for this wedding, let me have a goddamn drink and chat up with the girls.

Nope.

But it's all good.

I also didn't die during my speech. I tried to keep it short because I thought there were going to be more people speaking, but apparently I was the only person on the groom's side who spoke -_-

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #732 on: July 13, 2019, 01:27:12 PM »
Beautiful day for an outdoor concert  :metal I biked 11 miles and did some dumb bell exercises this morning, feeling good today.  New 311 album came out yesterday and while I think it may be one of their worst, it's filled with positivity which I like and need right now.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #733 on: July 13, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »
Welp, that was a fun weekend.  Wedding went off without a hitch (minus them getting hitched). The only issue I saw was my phone, which I forgot to take off of silent during the ceremony, went off during the ceremony while we were all standing up there. One of our friends, who was in the audience, texted me a joke. My text tone is the 4 notes from Shine On You Crazy Diamond... so we are standing there... and during a 5 second pause, everyone heard "BUM BUM BUUM BUUUUUM!" I was given some shit from the other groomsmen about having my phone on me. Honestly it only was with me because I needed to coordinate with the Maid of Honor and bride on things. I was the go between during the set up and all the up to the moment before we all walked down the aisle.

The bridesmaids were all pretty chill, including the Maid of Honor (whom I know... and really never have liked). I will also add that they were all freaking gorgeous... holy crap! They strategically paired the one single Groomsman and single Bridesmaid together, and I think they hit it off. At least they would have if the wedding coordinator wasn't cockblocking. Seriously, after the ceremony was over, food was had, and the music (both piped in and live- there were a ton of past and present members of his various bands there and they all jammed) had started, we began to mingle a little. As soon as the coordinator saw relaxing and having a drink, she ran over and basically started yelling at us to "clean up the kitchen".  It's like bitch please, I paid to rent this damn tux, I have spent the last 2 days physically putting together shit for this wedding, let me have a goddamn drink and chat up with the girls.

Nope.

But it's all good.

I also didn't die during my speech. I tried to keep it short because I thought there were going to be more people speaking, but apparently I was the only person on the groom's side who spoke -_-

Wait, what?  You were the best man, and you had a wedding coordinator making you clean up in back? I'd be like "bitch, please. If you need help cleaning, I'll be here tomorrow bright and early at noon, sharp. Ish." 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #734 on: July 14, 2019, 08:58:41 AM »
They had the venue for 2 days. Day one was rehearsal, earthquake, setup.

Day 2 was finish set up, wedding, teardown.

My big issue is... My friends mom made this big thing about having all this help for set up and tear down... But she and her help (her friends) didn't even get to the venue the day of until 2 hours after the groomsmen had come, set up, and gone.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"