Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285017 times)

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #665 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:28 AM »
Goddamn that's a huge merger.

Yeah...not a huge as when we were slated to get bought by Pfizer about three years ago, but huge none-the-less.  At least it won't be boring?
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #666 on: June 25, 2019, 07:39:10 AM »
I'm so happy I got this surgery, I haven't this good and normal in over a year . .  .

Awesome, great to hear (though I haven't been a part of the conversation in a while!)

So, my world is about to get turn upside down again, we just got bought:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/business/dealbook/abbvie-allergan-acquisition.html

This will be the third time for me, in a five-ear span...plus there was a divestment of half the business in there too.  I'm getting too old for this shit.

How are you, man?  Haven't talked to you in a while.

I'm in an industry that seems to like M&A as well, being sold in November of 2015, and dodging two major mergers in the last two years.   It's stressful, even for a seasoned veteran (maybe even ESPECIALLY for a seasoned veteran, because we know what can go on during a negotiation).

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #667 on: June 25, 2019, 11:24:47 AM »
I'm so happy I got this surgery, I haven't this good and normal in over a year . .  .

Awesome, great to hear (though I haven't been a part of the conversation in a while!)

So, my world is about to get turn upside down again, we just got bought:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/business/dealbook/abbvie-allergan-acquisition.html

This will be the third time for me, in a five-ear span...plus there was a divestment of half the business in there too.  I'm getting too old for this shit.

How are you, man?  Haven't talked to you in a while.

I'm in an industry that seems to like M&A as well, being sold in November of 2015, and dodging two major mergers in the last two years.   It's stressful, even for a seasoned veteran (maybe even ESPECIALLY for a seasoned veteran, because we know what can go on during a negotiation).

In reverse order:

I'm getting to be an old hand at this.  Since the beginning of 2014:
-Major restructuring at Forest Labs
-Forest Labs bought by Actavis
-Actavis buys Allergan (and takes the name)
-Allergan nearly bought by Pfizer, but scuttled by SEC
-AbbVie buying Allergan
-plus smaller restructurings mixed in
I'm come out neutral or ahead from each of these, and my career trajectory has gotten a lot steeper.  This one catches me at a weird spot...I stepped back from being a program lead on a late stage asset, and took a role leading the product development for an early-stage gene therapy program as a way to learn newfangled biotech. So I don't really have a natural home at the moment. n Worst case, we have a good change-of-control package.

Otherwise, been ok/busy, been lurking but not posting very much.  I need to waste more time on DTF!
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #668 on: June 25, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »
And get this, I tore my rotator cuff...likely while getting groceries out of the car!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #669 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:13 AM »
damn thats rough

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #670 on: June 25, 2019, 12:56:19 PM »
Good afternoon chat thread
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #671 on: June 25, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
And get this, I tore my rotator cuff...likely while getting groceries out of the car!

Karma for not putting the cart back!!

jk... that blows man.  Getting old sucks.  I threw my back out a few years ago lifting a cardboard yard sign out of my trunk.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #672 on: June 25, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »

It's come to this.  I feel like I'm in line for something like this.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #673 on: June 25, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »

It's come to this.  I feel like I'm in line for something like this.

I jsut cancelled my shoulder surgery for the second time in as many weeks (it will likely be in September now).  Not a rotator, but what they call a "frozen shoulder".   This shit didn't happen when I was 23.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #674 on: June 25, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
Well I had the heart issues.  I need to exercise and lose some weight.  i can feel the affects on my feet, out of breath and constantly tired.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2019, 04:56:40 PM »
Get on that Joe. I want to see you are d here for another 40,000 posts.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #676 on: June 25, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »

Agreed!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #677 on: June 25, 2019, 06:20:16 PM »
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2019, 06:57:05 PM »
Been walking 4 times a week. First goal is 3 miles without dying the go further.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2019, 08:36:02 PM »

Karma for not putting the cart back!!

jk... that blows man.  Getting old sucks.  I threw my back out a few years ago lifting a cardboard yard sign out of my trunk.

Hey, I'm firmly on Team Corral!

Also, I may have made this a little more dignified, I realized I may have done it when wrangling a 150 lb workbench (in a flatpack box) down the basement stairs on my own, and simply noticed it when grabbing the groceries.  Or maybe I'm just rationalizing?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
You got this Joe :metal

Tomorrow starts the first of three consecutive trips for me. I'm in Providence RI for the National Homebrewer's Conference until Sunday, then on Tuesday I leave for a family vacation at an all inclusive resort near Cancun, then Thursday the 11th starts a long weekend bachelor party for one of my college roommates up in Vermont. I won't be back in the office until July 15th :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2019, 08:42:10 PM »
Also, I may have made this a little more dignified, I realized I may have done it when wrangling a 150 lb workbench (in a flatpack box) down the basement stairs on my own, and simply noticed it when grabbing the groceries.  Or maybe I'm just rationalizing?

I popped a hernia a few years ago wrestling crocs in southeastern Massachusetts, but I noticed it while throwing a spare tire on the roof on my van for a Disney trip.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Good evening Fogey thread! :lol

I kid..
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2019, 10:49:26 PM »

I popped a hernia a few years ago wrestling crocs in southeastern Massachusetts, but I noticed it while throwing a spare tire on the roof on my van for a Disney trip.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #684 on: June 26, 2019, 04:59:26 AM »
:lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #685 on: June 26, 2019, 05:12:18 AM »
Morning folks, another sweet work from home day, making the jump from Apple back to Samsung today

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #686 on: June 26, 2019, 05:32:57 AM »
You got this Joe :metal

Tomorrow starts the first of three consecutive trips for me. I'm in Providence RI for the National Homebrewer's Conference until Sunday, then on Tuesday I leave for a family vacation at an all inclusive resort near Cancun, then Thursday the 11th starts a long weekend bachelor party for one of my college roommates up in Vermont. I won't be back in the office until July 15th :hat

Agreed, you can do this Joe.  Join me, working out after work each day now.  Started real slow using my exercise bike and two weeks ago I started going further in the same time, now I'm increasing my time as well. Baby steps. 

And an all inclusive vacation sounds really awesome now.

I've got a weekend trip to AC for 2 days of Warped Tour on the beach  :coolio :hat Going to be a lot of fun but I'm not used to 10 hours on the beach, hoping I don't get myself dehydrated or burnt like a lobster. 

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #687 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:20 AM »
We were originally supposed to go to the Hard Rock resort in the Dominican Republic, which I was really looking forward to, but then we kept on seeing news stories about people getting sick and/or dying at resorts down there so we were able to get the booking company to switch us somewhere else.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #688 on: June 26, 2019, 06:04:38 AM »
We were originally supposed to go to the Hard Rock resort in the Dominican Republic, which I was really looking forward to, but then we kept on seeing news stories about people getting sick and/or dying at resorts down there so we were able to get the booking company to switch us somewhere else.

One died at that resort too.  I actually went there a few years ago and that resort is amazing, but I wouldn't go to the DR either right now.  That shit is scary and it seems like its stemming from spiked drinks in your room fridge which just kind of freaks me out a bit.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #689 on: June 26, 2019, 06:18:07 AM »
This thread is an awesome way to start the day.  Cup of coffee, bust TAC's balls, check in on my buddy bringing good change to his life...    money. 

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #690 on: June 26, 2019, 07:07:03 AM »

just don't wear a David Ortiz jersey and you'll be fine.

/too soon?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #691 on: June 26, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »

/too soon?

:lol

Time + Tragedy = Comedy  I think 10 days is enough. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #692 on: June 26, 2019, 08:50:13 AM »
Morning folks, another sweet work from home day, making the jump from Apple back to Samsung today

Galaxy S10?

/too soon?

:(

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #693 on: June 26, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »

Galaxy S10?

/too soon?

:(

Yup galaxy s10+, can’t wait to get it in the mail.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #694 on: June 26, 2019, 11:32:39 AM »
Nice.

I absolutely love my Note 9! I actually dropped it and cracked the screen last week, and now am debating between using the insurance to fix it or just dealing with it till I can upgrade.. The problem is... I don't know if I'm going to like the note 10, and I don't want to give up my stylus and the shape of the note.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #695 on: June 26, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »

One died at that resort too.  I actually went there a few years ago and that resort is amazing, but I wouldn't go to the DR either right now.  That shit is scary and it seems like its stemming from spiked drinks in your room fridge which just kind of freaks me out a bit.

My money is it's a serial killer. . . .

Nice.

I absolutely love my Note 9! I actually dropped it and cracked the screen last week, and now am debating between using the insurance to fix it or just dealing with it till I can upgrade.. The problem is... I don't know if I'm going to like the note 10, and I don't want to give up my stylus and the shape of the note.

I'm pretty excited, my last android was a note 4 then I switched over to Apple.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #696 on: June 26, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »

My money is it's a serial killer. . . .

My thought was a hotel worker serial killer.  One who works at multiple resorts and can EASILY sneak some bleach into open alcohol bottles in random fridges across multiple resorts.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #697 on: July 01, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Back from vacation and back to work today. Already caught up and feeling pretty good.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #698 on: July 01, 2019, 10:10:09 AM »
Caught up?

What's that mean?

:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #699 on: July 01, 2019, 11:19:04 AM »
Back home from Atlantic City and sooo wiped out.  I've got like 30 gigs of video data the shuffle through which I am starting, but I am so tired.  Didn't help that I got a flat tire on my way home and had to swap it with my donut  >:( I'm also burnt and hungover, today has been rough but soooo worth it for the amazing weekend on the beach with awesome people and music