Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284930 times)

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #630 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:34 AM »
G'morning all. Last full week of work before I'm off for 2.5 weeks :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #631 on: June 17, 2019, 10:09:26 AM »
very nice! 

I called out of work this morning, I woke up in shivering sweats so I went back to sleep and now I'm back up and feeling much better.  Very odd, I even tried showering before to go into work but in the hot water I was still shivering.  I only had two beers at the show last night so I don't think it was that, I don't know, but I'm glad I am feeling better and now I can work on my video instead of doing it tonight.

Anyway, I had no idea Bumblefoot was actually singing for Asia too.  I got to meet him as well.  Picture to be shared later  :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #632 on: June 17, 2019, 01:41:19 PM »
I just checked some of the vids you posted.

The tour will be in my area late next month... sadly the only friend I have that would enjoy it will be on his honeymoon at that time. It's too far away for me to want to go alone (Plus my car is a POS).

One of my sister's (cute) best friends is a Yes fan. I may see if she's going :lol

On second thought, that will definitely get me in trouble...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #633 on: June 18, 2019, 10:13:08 AM »
My neighbor, with my permission, gave my work info to a friend of hers who is looking for a job. He connected with me on LinkedIn. Then he emailed me.

In said email, he not only misspelled the word "career," he repeatedly and consistently got the name of the entire company incorrect. This, despite visiting the company website, seeing my information on LinkedIn, and having my damn business in his actual hand.

What the actual fuck with people...
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #634 on: June 18, 2019, 10:54:20 AM »
yikes, I'd be embarrassed for calling the company the wrong name

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #635 on: June 18, 2019, 11:10:24 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty terrible :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #636 on: June 20, 2019, 10:09:38 AM »
so our new head of HR got a little taste of how our chat programs operate  :lol

The story goes, she was in one of our public chat rooms, we use slack for internal communication, and someone used the word "fuck" which apparently shocked her.  So she had our corpIT team scan the chats for the use of the word "fuck" and it turns out in the last 5 months, it was used 48,000 times in slack  :rollin out of that, 37,000 were from technical operations (where I work).  My boss was #8 on the list.  They only reprimanded one person (since it turned out this gay man used the word "fag" as well as calling the new head of HR a "fucking moron" in a private chat) but we got this in a company wide email:

We know how much you all value the safe, respectful, and inclusive work environment we have built at company, and will share our dismay that over the past few months, we have been made aware of some disparaging and inappropriate conversations taking place on internal collaboration tools. This behavior is inconsistent with who we are and our Code of Business Conduct. It’s never appropriate and needs to stop.

Well, I guess I am glad I don't speak inappropriately in Slack, but damn the fact they scanned private convos is a bit bothersome, but whatever, it's work, I know I don't take those risks because they own this shit not me.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #637 on: June 20, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
We use Skype Enterprise, though it's shit for teleconferencing, and I'm hearing we're gonna move to MS Teams for that.  Not sure what that means for IM chats.  Either way, anything I don't want the company to see goes over my phone.  Using company assets (whether intended to be private or not) is still the company's asset, and they have a right to monitor and/or enforce policies as to how they are used.  Sad, but true.

And as I now type this, it dawns on me that it's a company phone, and company paid plan.  :lolpalm:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #638 on: June 20, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
Well yea, I am using my work laptop to type this, but this isn't work communication so I don't think they are really digging into that.  Just think it's funny how we get a new HR head and they are shocked about how we communicate with each other.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #639 on: June 20, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
We use Skype Enterprise, though it's shit for teleconferencing, and I'm hearing we're gonna move to MS Teams for that.  Not sure what that means for IM chats.  Either way, anything I don't want the company to see goes over my phone.  Using company assets (whether intended to be private or not) is still the company's asset, and they have a right to monitor and/or enforce policies as to how they are used.  Sad, but true.

And as I now type this, it dawns on me that it's a company phone, and company paid plan.  :lolpalm:

Chad, we are in the exact same scenario:  presently using Skype (shit = agreed) and moving to MS Teams.   Not sure of my excitement level at this point. 

Call me paranoid, but I carry two phones.   It's not like I'm an HR nightmare (not by any grand design, just dumb luck, 99.998% of my inappropriate words are included in Carlin's seven dirty words, and even then, only six of them.  ;) ) but I just don't want to be anywhere near the line. If I'm out for a couple beers and decide to text my friend with smack talk, or text my wife with sexy talk, my HR department need not be anywhere near that.  Plus, I'm an inveterate surfer, so if I perchance google "Sarasota racist kid", I don't want to have to try to explain that away. 

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »
We use Teams as a a communication tool but it's hardly an official thing. Our management software is Wrike, which I love. I was instrumental in the implementation and roll out of it when I came on board.

While I am sure to conduct myself with professionalism, our IT department hardly ever checks our messages.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #641 on: June 20, 2019, 01:37:22 PM »
I don't think my management cares how employees communicate as long as they aren't being disrespectful to each other, and they stay 100% professional with the public / client / etc.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #642 on: June 20, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Funny we have this conversation here today, just had a colleague use a religious slur while discussing a client and I can honestly say that's the first time I've personally experienced that at work.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #643 on: June 20, 2019, 08:32:55 PM »

Oh fuck I hate MS Teams, Skype isn't so bad mainly because it's integrated to outlook I'm testing Symphony for a broader rollout and that is a nice chat app.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #644 on: June 21, 2019, 05:05:34 AM »
We moved to Teams and I've really enjoyed it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #645 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:26 AM »
I really like Slack for work chat, has a nice phone app too.  Plus we have a channel #police-chase-hq where it's set to a bot that follows @PCALive on twitter and send all it's tweets to that chat room with the live police chase camera feeds.  Plus integrated giphy into the app.  So it's kind of a more "fun" work chat environment compared to ones I used before.  Slack actually just IPOed yesterday.  I know little about them to invest but I do like their product.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #646 on: June 21, 2019, 09:07:32 AM »
My day yesterday:

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/oxnard/2019/06/20/oxnard-police-respond-shots-fired-incident-armored-vehicle/1511432001/

This was across the street from my work. Our property was on lockdown. 

I heard the initial shots fired, and was unsure of what it was until I saw a Police Cruiser from the town we border rushing in with Lights and Sirens. Within 2 minutes, the entire main street was blocked off. I had to leave my work car and head over to the part of the property that was locked down on foot. Looking at the photos, I was in the dude's clear view when he was shooting at the police. I decided last minute that it would be a great idea to seek cover behind vehicles in the parking lot in the photos as I made my way over. I then wound up helping PD clear the part of our property they locked down. I literally had idiots trying to stand behind an officer and take photos, as he was actively sheltering behind his cruiser.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2019, 05:10:20 AM »
Morning dudes. Heading out to surgery in 2 hours, can't wait to get this shit behind me

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2019, 05:33:30 AM »
Morning dudes. Heading out to surgery in 2 hours, can't wait to get this shit behind me

About time. Good luck!
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2019, 06:37:14 AM »
Good luck  :tup

I had a good weekend, now time to put in a good full week's worth before a three day weekend followed by a 4 day weekend  :yarr

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »
Two more days of work before I'm off until July 15th :hat Still a few employee mid year reviews to knock out before I go.'

edit: and good luck today Reaper.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:34:21 AM by axeman90210 »
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2019, 09:24:09 AM »
You guys and your "vacations"

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:04 AM »

Yeah, get on my level! :blob:

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2019, 10:09:54 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #654 on: June 24, 2019, 11:00:28 AM »
Just got home, feel pretty good considering I don't have a migraine for the first time in months.

Let me tell you that versed they give fucks your world up.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #655 on: June 24, 2019, 11:07:14 AM »

Challenge Accepted.

*Does nothing*

I WIN

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #656 on: June 24, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »

Challenge Accepted.

*Does nothing*

I WIN

Repeat for a decade and get to me, noob. :blob:

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #657 on: June 24, 2019, 11:31:20 AM »
I was doing something at work earlier, got distracted by something on Youtube, went down that rabbit hole for 2 videos, found myself getting drowsy and almost drifting off, then closed the tab to get back to what I was doing, wound up on DTF, browsed, closed that tab and went back to working, but then it was too quiet, so I pulled up Google Music and had no idea what to listen to, so I hit the "Feeling Lucky" button a few times. Wound up listening to a Misfits song. Went back to working. Song ended and I wanted more Misfits, so I made a playlist on Google Music. Sweet. Went to go back to working and somehow I am back on DTF.

The July schedule is never going to get finished...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #658 on: June 24, 2019, 04:57:34 PM »
I'm so happy I got this surgery, I haven't this good and normal in over a year . .  .

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2019, 12:15:31 AM »
I'm so happy I got this surgery, I haven't this good and normal in over a year . .  .

Sounds great! I'm happy for you.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #660 on: June 25, 2019, 02:11:56 AM »
That's awesome Reap! Glad it went well.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #661 on: June 25, 2019, 06:01:33 AM »

I'm glad that your pleased with your procedure... Without context though, I must admit, the imagination is going a bit wild.
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2019, 06:15:38 AM »

damn thats pretty awesome if you feel that good so quickly, good shit

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2019, 07:13:25 AM »

Awesome, great to hear (though I haven't been a part of the conversation in a while!)

So, my world is about to get turn upside down again, we just got bought:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/business/dealbook/abbvie-allergan-acquisition.html

This will be the third time for me, in a five-ear span...plus there was a divestment of half the business in there too.  I'm getting too old for this shit.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2019, 07:17:16 AM »
Goddamn that's a huge merger.