Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287720 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #595 on: June 09, 2019, 08:07:51 AM »
I'm sorry, Joe. Hang in there, buddy!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #596 on: June 09, 2019, 08:26:30 AM »
12 days in the row blows.

You got to work hard to play hard, at least that's what I tell myself when work is kicking my ass and I think about the concerts and travel I'll be able to do because of that extra work.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #597 on: June 09, 2019, 09:43:09 AM »
Too many beers at the Mastodon show last night, I'm hurting today.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #598 on: June 09, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »
So my artist wants to wait longer to attack the final details on my arm. He spent an hour and a half today working on an unfinished portion. I'm wrapped up and will heal for the next month through my vacation, then head back in July for the hopefully final session. Gonna be a long one, and he said he wants to submit the healed piece to next year's tattoo convention. He's mad proud of this, and our collaboration.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #599 on: June 09, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »
Can't wait to see it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #600 on: June 09, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »
It must be good if the guy wants to use it in the tattoo contest.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #601 on: June 09, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
It's the first of my tattoos I haven't drawn. I came to him with a concept and references and we wound up getting into an hour-long discussion ranging from the tattoo to the subject and reference materials and everything in between. He even called me back in before my first session as an additional consult for my input into it.

The first session was 5˝ hours and we were both like kids on Christmas, geeking out and loving the work and everything. He kept talking about how it was pushing his boundaries and igniting a new fire for it.

He's deliberately taking his time, making sure the next session, which will probably be another semi-marathon with some deep detail work, will be on fresh, healthy skin that will receive the ink the best.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #602 on: June 09, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
This is in-progress from today, so it's kinda angry, a little bloody. Unfinished, mid-session, odd angle, so take it for what it is. The completed, healed version that will emerge in 4-6 weeks will be epic.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #603 on: June 09, 2019, 08:14:18 PM »
That's a weird picture. It looks like your left shoulder but your right hand!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #604 on: June 09, 2019, 08:17:48 PM »
It's my right forearm, taken by me, sitting in the chair while he changed needles. Pro shot, it ain't.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #605 on: June 10, 2019, 09:13:57 AM »
Good Morning my peeps.

I guess my friend kinda called his mother out (whom I am renting from) for just ghosting me on all these things that she said she'd address and never touched. It wasn't about "get this shit done for us!" but more along the lines of "let us know what we can do to help with this." We picked up a screen door (Fun fact- an 81"x32" screen door fits in a 2015 CRV), ordered some parts for the shower (shower head was leaking, and every drip would splash out of the shower- which doesn't have a curtain on it yet and land outside of the shower... it adds up after 3-4 days of no one using it and looks like a major leak), finally got a screen made for a window missing a screen, and she's going to fix some molding along the bottom of one of our walls, that is still missing it. Flat out told her she can buy a piece or give us the okay to buy a piece and I can install it. Just a few nails... but if we keep waiting, we won't be able to actually set the rest of our shit up. Hopefully it will all be done by next week and we can FINALLY settle in.

Also, I came into work to find one of our computers took a shit, and a bunch of semi important emails sent to me while I was off the clock that people are probably going to get pissed off at me for not responding to right away. :lol I hate people.

OH YEA HAPPY MONDAY
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
I like breaking the thread :JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #607 on: June 12, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
TH-TH-TH-TH-THREAD BREAKER!!!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #608 on: June 12, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
:lol

How goes it?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #609 on: June 12, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »
Not too bad. Daily grind, waiting for my tattoo to heal, vacation coming up. The usual. You?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: June 12, 2019, 10:55:23 AM »
About the same. Trying to find motivation to work. Kinda pissed at myself, I got a new trimmer yesterday, tried to clean up my goatee, and fudged it up to the point where I kind of wanna shave it off and start fresh.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #611 on: June 12, 2019, 11:01:52 AM »
Oof, I'm so fucking particular about my facial hair. I probably look like a nearsighted baboon trying to clean a grain of sand off its face when I'm trimming my beard. I haven't been clean shaven for more than a few days in almost 20 years (there was a window of about 3 days when I shaved my goatee off 13 years ago, that's it).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #612 on: June 12, 2019, 11:06:51 AM »
Turns out my OT policy isn't going to change afterall, HR got back to my boss and said its not an issue to continue as we have...  :metal

in other work news though, apparently my singapore trip is now up in the air for July.  Should be booking it this week, but it turns out someone (I'm thinking my boss) didn't budget the trip correctly and now only 2 people can go, not all 4 of us.  The thing is, the work is ridiculous and needs more people, but waiting so long to book a trip across the world is getting very very expensive so flying us out there is the problem.  Apparently my boss needs to convince his boss to get at least one more person (so comes down to me or my LA coworker) I'm really hoping I don't have to go, I never wanted to do this trip and I will gladly be the only one in my team in the US for a month, but we will see.  I am kind of shocked though because I really was expecting this trip and have been mentally preparing.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #613 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:56 PM »
Oof, I'm so fucking particular about my facial hair. I probably look like a nearsighted baboon trying to clean a grain of sand off its face when I'm trimming my beard. I haven't been clean shaven for more than a few days in almost 20 years (there was a window of about 3 days when I shaved my goatee off 13 years ago, that's it).

I've got nerve issues in my hand, and I blame that for my facial mutilation!

Turns out my OT policy isn't going to change afterall, HR got back to my boss and said its not an issue to continue as we have...  :metal

in other work news though, apparently my singapore trip is now up in the air for July.  Should be booking it this week, but it turns out someone (I'm thinking my boss) didn't budget the trip correctly and now only 2 people can go, not all 4 of us.  The thing is, the work is ridiculous and needs more people, but waiting so long to book a trip across the world is getting very very expensive so flying us out there is the problem.  Apparently my boss needs to convince his boss to get at least one more person (so comes down to me or my LA coworker) I'm really hoping I don't have to go, I never wanted to do this trip and I will gladly be the only one in my team in the US for a month, but we will see.  I am kind of shocked though because I really was expecting this trip and have been mentally preparing.

Does being the only team member in the US mean a bunch of possible OT? 

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #614 on: June 12, 2019, 02:41:00 PM »
Yes it does but with my boss over seas, since he is deifnitely going to Singapore, it also means less demands from him.  Although I expect plenty anyway as there would definitely be some desk work that I could do here to help them over there.  But yes, this summer is going to be super busy with work and OT regardless of going, but if I did go, I would get even more OT.  I get paid for the entire trip there which would be something like 24 hours on the clock just to travel.  That's the benefit of doing that trip, even more money to be made.  I just don't like flying more than 8 hours, I get super anxious, plus the weather is brutally hot there, and I'd be stuck for weeks next to my boss who is an alcoholic and would work me like a mule.  That's why I feel the less OT at home is better than the extra OT over there.  I am looking forward to my Amsterdam trip though in August, that's still on the schedule.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #615 on: June 12, 2019, 02:43:22 PM »
Less OT than the trip but less stress. I agree.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2019, 08:18:26 AM »
And sleep in my own bed.  I was a bit worried about leaving my house and cat solo for such an extended time.  I had asked my sister to come over and watch over while away, but I'm glad it seems it's not coming to that.  Plus now there's a bunch of concerts in July that I can go to now (311 in my home town for example  :biggrin:)

So we get 4 summer fridays this year, they allow us to choose any 4 fridays during the summer to take the full day off.  I had 3 of them scheduled and figured why not, took my first one today for a 3 day weekend.  Debating about going to the beach for a walk later, kind of want to do something different for myself today.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #617 on: June 14, 2019, 10:57:11 AM »
Where I am, it is the PERFECT day for a walk on the beach.  Not too hot, little breezy, but sunny.   I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #618 on: June 14, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
Where I am, it is the PERFECT day for a walk on the beach.  Not too hot, little breezy, but sunny.   I'd do that in a heartbeat if I could.

If I joined, could we hold hands?

Please? Don't take this away from me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #619 on: June 14, 2019, 11:01:47 AM »

If I joined, could we hold hands?

Please? Don't take this away from me.

I have no problem with that.  A day at the beach is a day at the beach.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #620 on: June 14, 2019, 01:08:03 PM »
It's way too muggy here for a walk on the beach today.

I just had an employee throw a fit because I won't give him July 4th off. Working the 4th is Mandatory based on business needs. We have 3x the coverage on the 4th. I have an employee request it off 8 months ago. She worked here for 5 years, left for a year, and then came back 2 days a week as a favor to me. She's essentially a filler. I gave it to her off as the last 2 years I've made July 4th schedules, I have had more people than I've needed. She is going to visit family out of state.

I had 1 person quit a week ago, and another just gave a 2 week notice. I am now understaffed. Luckily, I have a guy who comes out from AZ during the summers who wants to work. I am going to be barely hitting the minimum staffing I need for it.

Dude is also demanding the Saturday after the 4th off. Can't do it. I the girl who is taking the 4th off gone that weekend, plus another person leaving on Vacation the night after her shift on the 4th, as well as another person taking that day off (His wedding...), and I am going to be unavailable for that day (I am best man), as well as one of our fillers (invited to the wedding). Oh, the client requested EXTRA staffing that weekend as well. Dude has been here since April. The people requesting time off have been here a year or longer, and have had the requests in for months. I like to believe I have always been fair with people's schedules, and I usually bend (much more than my boss would like) when it comes to giving people time off, I am far from a slave driver, but come on... I can't work miracles.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #621 on: June 14, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »

Yup, it was cloudy so no one was out, which meant I could get onto the beach for free ($9 usually, but I chose this beach cause of free parking, and there was upfront spots).  What was nice is, I never actually finished Bruce Dickinson's book.  Had about 35 pages left so I finally finished it off, which I really enjoyed in mostly solitude on this free day off.  :coolio

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2019, 06:02:04 PM »
 :tup
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:50 PM »

Yup, it was cloudy so no one was out, which meant I could get onto the beach for free ($9 usually, but I chose this beach cause of free parking, and there was upfront spots).  What was nice is, I never actually finished Bruce Dickinson's book.  Had about 35 pages left so I finally finished it off, which I really enjoyed in mostly solitude on this free day off.  :coolio

Other than that hairy leg, that picture is perfect! ;D

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:35 PM »
How cold is that water?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2019, 07:44:07 AM »
Didnt even step foot in it, likely freezing. That Jersey beach water isnt just cold too, its disgusting.  :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #626 on: June 16, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »
The Royal Affair Tour is here locally tonight, could scoop a cheap ticket and go since it's almost in my backyard, I never really got into this music and know little of the current states of these bands.  Is it worth it to see the show?  The tour is Yes, Asia, and John Lodge and Carl Palmer's ELP Legacy.  I do understand Bumblefoot is playing with Asia which is pretty cool.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #627 on: June 16, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »
Oh damn, I was going to ask if Guthrie is playing with Asia but Bumblefoot is right up there

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #628 on: June 16, 2019, 03:09:04 PM »
Was on the phone with my father (since my parents live in JAX, father's day isn't a day together anymore) and mentioned maybe going to that show and he got all excited, I had no idea he really liked Yes and even Asia.  Although the few songs I do know were from my childhood days of being played on classic rock radio.  Anyway, kind of motivated me to just go.  I've got nothing better to do honestly and I like that that was the one, of very few, times my dad was interested in the band I was going to see (he does like concerts, but doesn't give a crap about my music essentially espcially since his ears rung for a week after taking him to see DT years ago)

Last night's concert was awesome though, I'll do a full write up another time in the concerts thread, but the singer of Bush walked right past me seemingly so random while I was "chilling" on the lawn for a bit  :hat Definitely going to end up being a top 10 concert moment for me this year  :metal https://twitter.com/Cramx3/status/1140347010735849472

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #629 on: June 17, 2019, 07:35:27 AM »
Jelly! I'd kill to see that lineup, especially Yes and John Lodge. I love The Moody Blues.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"