Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285029 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #560 on: June 04, 2019, 05:41:01 PM »
I wish it'd rain here. I don't think it's rained in the past 2 weeks

Can't remember when it last rained here. We're on water restrictions now.

What time of restrictions do you have? Restrictions start with bans on watering lawns.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #561 on: June 05, 2019, 01:42:39 AM »
I wish it'd rain here. I don't think it's rained in the past 2 weeks

Can't remember when it last rained here. We're on water restrictions now.

What time of restrictions do you have? Restrictions start with bans on watering lawns.

It always includes bans on watering at certain hours of the day, but not a complete ban (unless it gets more serious). Can't remember what else, as it's nothing that affects what I do.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #562 on: June 05, 2019, 04:49:04 AM »
Morning dudes

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #563 on: June 05, 2019, 08:10:03 AM »
Company paid lunch today; Mission BBQ, to "kick off the summer in style."

I'm already hungry.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #564 on: June 05, 2019, 08:15:14 AM »
Ima already jelly.  >:(
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #565 on: June 05, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »
Hanging with Nick and Rumbo tonight at the Thank You Scientist/Bent Knee show in Portsmouth NH tonight.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #566 on: June 05, 2019, 08:38:39 AM »
Hanging with Nick and Rumbo tonight at the Thank You Scientist/Bent Knee show in Portsmouth NH tonight.

Ima already jelly.  >:(
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: June 05, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »
Nick is seeing them in VT, Montreal and another spot in Canada I'm forgetting.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #568 on: June 05, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »
Nick is seeing them in VT, Montreal and another spot in Canada I'm forgetting.

Portsmouth.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #569 on: June 05, 2019, 08:53:32 AM »
No  One more Canadian city.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #570 on: June 05, 2019, 09:02:03 AM »
Good Morning Ya'll.

I'm about to go Office Space on this printer in my office. I have payroll to work on, plus a project I was given last minute, putting together my recommendations / wish list for our property's camera system (I was told don't think in terms of cost effectiveness, but a best case scenario wish list), as well as a list of the placement of the cameras we currently have. I have a bunch of Google Earth pics and what not prepared... but I am going to HAVE TO PRINT THEM to use them   :censored

I am taking half a day off tomorrow to rent a uhaul and move our big shit into our new apartment. This project is supposed to be done by tomorrow so I can meet with someone and go over it. Oh well.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: June 05, 2019, 09:11:30 AM »
No  One more Canadian city.

i know; just busting your balls.  I read "Canada" but thought the joke was strong enough to over come that.  As usual, no, it wasn't.  ;)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #572 on: June 05, 2019, 09:21:09 AM »
Blonde moment.  I actually use that joke with my work buddy in Lewiston Maine.  LOL

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #573 on: June 05, 2019, 09:44:02 AM »
Sitting in an internal kickoff meeting on a gigantic project and our web lead is such a pedant. He has done more talking without contributing, trying to pick nits and wax philosophical about everything. I've not before worked with someone who speaks in so many fucking idioms and clichés; every damn thing out of his mouth is some metaphorical nonsense to express a point that has no grounding in relevance. He's a great guy and technically is extremely sound, but holy fuck he is the single reason for every meeting he's in running long.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #574 on: June 05, 2019, 10:55:07 AM »
Got my printer to work...

It decided to work after I literally threatened it with a hammer.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #575 on: June 05, 2019, 11:35:04 AM »
Yesterday was a huge meeting with all these executives flying in from the company that hosts our data center and my manager and his manager.  Fun meeting that ended up in a very nice and expensive lunch.  Actually thought these execs were pretty cool, sadly I think there's some business issues that need to be worked on, but I think the meeting was pretty positive based on what I expected.  But after all that I had so much backed up work and ended up busting my ass all day.

Now today my boss is back and our Dell rep, so just need to keep up the hard work while these people are all here (aka less DTF than usual) but I have another midnight network maintanence so I'll be here until like 4 am today so theres that too.  This week is sucking hard.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #576 on: June 06, 2019, 07:07:41 AM »
Was at my desk for 15 minutes and already emptied my inbox. I'm not sure if that means I'll be slow today or if the dam is about to break.

I think for the first time in my life, I'm at a job where I actually enjoy when my boss is in the office.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #577 on: June 06, 2019, 07:58:49 AM »
Got into work early today, wearing dress pants and a dress shirt rather than my usual jeans and polo summer attire, for an all day training class. Sitting in the conference room at 8:30am wondering where the instructor was because the class was meant to start at 8:30am. Finally one of the other people waiting got a call from their manager that the class had been cancelled. They cancelled it at 9pm last night and didn't try to contact anybody by phone, just office email, so those of us who aren't glued to our email outside of office hours had no way of knowing. And the class topic was "Operations Excellence" :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #578 on: June 06, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #579 on: June 06, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »
ITT we reminisce about times when bosses sent emails written with horrible spelling and unintelligible grammar espousing the necessity of clear and proper communication.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #580 on: June 06, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
There's also a chain going around this morning for a new (to my team's work) client, that client being the National Bank of Kazakhstan. We've already named them the Borat Fund :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #581 on: June 06, 2019, 02:14:29 PM »
HR and management officially approved my sabbatical so it is now in the books officially, all of September off (actually I return monday the 30th).   :yarr

But the ass kicking is really starting this week.  I am so mentally and physically drained.  However, I'm debating if I have the energy or will to go to a cheap local concert tonight to have some fun.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #582 on: June 06, 2019, 06:26:59 PM »
Damn cram, I hope you enjoy every minute of that month off. If you need tips on Blobbing, Blob has some good ones :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #583 on: June 07, 2019, 02:00:08 AM »
Damn cram, I hope you enjoy every minute of that month off. If you need tips on Blobbing, Blob has some good ones :lol

That sounds like a lot of effort.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #584 on: June 07, 2019, 04:48:33 AM »
hrmm that's true, it is quite a conundrum

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #585 on: June 07, 2019, 07:09:00 AM »
Incredibly light traffic coming in again today. Yesterday evening a main road was shut down so my drive home compensated by taking almost twice as long as normal. Am I in for that again, today? Only time will tell.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: June 07, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
Good morning.

I am sore as hell this morning. I took half a day off of work, rented a uhaul yesterday and we moved all of our large furniture into our new place. We aren't currently sleeping in the new place yet, but soon...

My problem we are running into is the fact that the place wasn't 100% ready by the 1st, when we paid our first month of rent, and there are still issues. We brought a screen door up to our landlord (who happens to be my best friend's mother) a month ago... there used to be one on the unit, but it was taken off a while ago. We need it for our cat... she said she'd be more than happy to put one on before we moved in. well... it's not there. I brought it up to her again a few days ago and she asked if we'd be able to install it if she picks one up. Still hasn't been mention on it. So now I am going to call her and ask if I can just pick one up and take it out of our rent next month. There's also a screen missing on a window, which was brought up over a month ago, which she said she'd fix, and hasn't, and we noticed a stretch of molding along the base of a wall that needs to be replaced (as in it was removed at one time, and never replaced). Again, another issue with the cat.  I am trying to figure out at what point do I become an ass and start pushing for this shit to get taken care off? She's like an Aunt to me, but we are full blown tenants living in this space and should be treated like any other tenants she would have rented to.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #587 on: June 07, 2019, 10:16:00 AM »
I’d say give her a little bit more time since it is like family.

I’ve learned the hard way doing business with family or friends can be a real pain in the fucking ass.

Just got my quote for my surgery, $3506. Sucks but at this point if I don’t get it done I may just throw myself out the nearest window.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: June 07, 2019, 10:21:04 AM »
I've managed rental properties before, and unless I can't help it, I won't rent to someone I'm friends with again.  We did that once, and my wife thought she was doing a solid by not taking a deposit on the house, and once everyone finally left, I literally had to rip out the entire first floor except the kitchen.   

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
I’d say give her a little bit more time since it is like family.

I’ve learned the hard way doing business with family or friends can be a real pain in the fucking ass.

Just got my quote for my surgery, $3506. Sucks but at this point if I don’t get it done I may just throw myself out the nearest window.

My biggest things are the screen door and window screen. We were more than willing to do it before we moved in but were told that she would get it done. With how hot it gets there, being able to open the windows and the front door without our cat (and dogs) being able to wander out is essential. I wound up pulling a screen to leave for her to get sized, and last time I asked about the screen door, it turned into "if I (she) buys it, can you guys install it?" so it makes sense for us to just do it.

The property is a detached studio next to the main house. I feel as if she's been avoiding me when I've been there, and I think the excuse was she didn't want me to see her "without her face on"... I've known her now almost half of my life. I spent many nights over at her house when I was in high school. I've seen her without make up on :lol

Also, I think balconies are the thing to jump off of around here, not windows.

I've managed rental properties before, and unless I can't help it, I won't rent to someone I'm friends with again.  We did that once, and my wife thought she was doing a solid by not taking a deposit on the house, and once everyone finally left, I literally had to rip out the entire first floor except the kitchen.   

Regarding rent and deposit, we paid our first month rent in advance (well, half in advance and half on the 1st), and are making payments on the deposit (split into 3 payments). We are the type of renters who wind up leaving the space in better condition than we got it.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: June 07, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
It's been a busy and rough week, but today has been nice.

My coworker is playing DD for my boss as they went to a golf outing hosted by one of our vendors.  My other coworker has the day off, and the other coworker in Euro land is traveling today.  Meaning I am the only one on my team working today, and yet no ones been bothering me for anything so I am quite enjoying this nice downtime.  I got a bunch of small things done earlier, but now I am just coasting for the rest of the day.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #591 on: June 07, 2019, 02:03:00 PM »
Hopefully a relatively painless end to the workday before I hit a busy weekend. Going into the city for beers with friends tonight, tomorrow my cousin and I are making a day out of the Mastodon/Coheed and Cambria concert and hitting a couple breweries on our way down to Camden. Then Sunday I'm brewing all day so I have beer and mead to share at the National Homebrewers Conference at the end of the month.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: June 07, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »
Same cousin from the DT show?  Sounds like a good time.

I think I'm pretty much spending the weekend home and not spending money.  Not much going on so I'll be gaming and doing some chores around the house. 

I ended up seeing OAR last night since it was cheap and I got lots of good video so I need to edit it all together tonight too.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #593 on: June 07, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
Neighbors coming over for a movie tonight. I don't have the energy for that. Maybe I'll stay inside and go to bed early.

Not sure about Saturday, but Sunday I have session two for my tattoo. Should be another 3-4 hours to finish it up.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #594 on: June 09, 2019, 07:12:57 AM »
12 days in the row blows.