Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284970 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2019, 01:47:08 PM »
Bah.  Dad admitted to the hospital with slight pneumonia and a blot clot in his shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 02:35:30 PM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #491 on: May 31, 2019, 02:24:41 PM »
ah shit, sorry to hear King

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #492 on: May 31, 2019, 02:26:45 PM »
I am really tired of fielding phone calls from lawyers and family trying to iron out the final pieces of my father's estate. Just be over with already.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #493 on: May 31, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »
Bah.  Dad admitted to the hospital with slight pneumonia and a blot clot in his shoulder.

Damn dude.  :hug:

You too Andrew.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #494 on: May 31, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
I keep forgetting I've been absent from here and no one knows I lost my father. Ugly situation that just needs to be done with.

Hope your dad gets better and gets discharged soon, King.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #495 on: May 31, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm just glad I recognized his labored breathing this Wednesday.   He can't even recognize that he was out of breath walking just in the house.

When did I become the adult in this relationship? Crazy.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: May 31, 2019, 08:19:01 PM »
I keep forgetting I've been absent from here and no one knows I lost my father. Ugly situation that just needs to be done with.

I think I remember seeing a mention of something on FB. Your dad battled depression?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2019, 09:30:18 PM »
Yes, but we don't believe it was something that chronic that created his ultimate decision. On a deeper level, he had a warped and irrational way of thinking and existing, and while he did suffer from depression, we believe his exit plan was rooted in a different place.

Without spending the energy it would require to rehash the necessary bits, we believe he simply got tired of being here, as opposed to falling into irreparable despair.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #498 on: June 01, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
So sorry to hear that.  The mind can take oneself to some truly awful places.  Depression or not, mental illness is a terrible terrible thing.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #499 on: June 01, 2019, 06:22:20 AM »
Morning.   Visiting the old man in the hospital today and picking up one more present for my nephew who turns 7.

The circle of life.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: June 01, 2019, 06:24:34 AM »
The circle of life.

Yeah, I've a Engagement Party for my middle daughter to go to tonight. It's raining like a bitch, so I'm kinda hoping it gets called off.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: June 01, 2019, 06:41:13 AM »
That sucks! 

Speaking of suck so begins Monday 12 days in a row of work.  We are moving to an Oracle based platform for production and bols.  Not looking forward to it.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #502 on: June 01, 2019, 06:47:46 AM »
I don't think I'd survive 12 days of continuous work. Well, maybe I'd survive, but certain employees wouldn't!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #503 on: June 01, 2019, 07:03:51 AM »
 :lol

I'm still not confident using it so far. Plus my old area manager is coming by to help but still makes me nervous.   I wont tell him though. Man up!  Lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: June 01, 2019, 09:15:18 AM »
One of the last thing I did before leaving work last night was settle with my boss some of my PTO and my future travel schedule.  Things are about to get crazy but I'm going to get the biggest break in my life (and maybe ever) once its done.

June - One week in Denver is on the table, but I may not be the one going.  This is up in the air.
July - 2+ weeks in Singapore, this is not for debate.  Likely 200+ hours of work in those two weeks to build a new data center on the other side of the world
August - 10 days in Amsterdam, I did this last summer where I covered for my coworker who is going on vacation.  Looking forward to this, as last time it meant a lot of time at coffee shops and seeing Justin Timberlake  :lol

then I am off from August 30th to September 30th  :hat

I took the first week of September off to go to Atlanta for ProgPower, but then added three weeks after that for my sabbatical which the company allows us to do after 5 years of work, this is something our new overlords are rumored to take away, so it's a use it or lose it this year and obviously I am not going to let 3 weeks paid off slip.  And I'm going to need it after all that travel above.  I'll have to figure out something to do in those three weeks though, I can only spend so much time moping around the house.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #505 on: June 01, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
A month off? I wouldn't know what to do with myself!

Today my gf and I are starting to take shit to the new place. It's officially ours, but our schedules won't allow for a full move for 2 weeks. Luckily sinc her dad owns the house we're moving out of, and he is going to start getting it ready to sell, we aren't rushed to get EVERYTHING out asap.

Going to put our new bedframe and some other furniture together to see how much space we really are going to have. This has been a major downsizing
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #506 on: June 01, 2019, 04:48:22 PM »
That’s awesome cram! I took a couple months off a few years ago and it was incredible although I did start getting cabin fever at home.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #507 on: June 01, 2019, 06:27:32 PM »
Yea, I get bored after a few days home, I expect to plan something.  My birthday is in that timeframe, plus I have these two concerts to potentially plan some travel around:

September 14th - Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, & Battle Beast @ Playstation Theater, New York City NY
September 20th - Delain, Amorphis, & Anneke Van Giersbergen @ Gramercy Theater, New York City NY

:metal I could see myself in Vegas honestly, but a big part of me wants to do the Caribbean again, to relax, not walk 30k steps a day in Vegas like last time.  I don't have a beach bod though, that's my goal (well I don't expect to be in shape, but significantly better) but I think I'm going to struggle with the work travel which is super stressful and has free meals so typically I end up eating a lot.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #508 on: June 01, 2019, 09:36:59 PM »
The Caribbean could be nice. I'm a big fan of taking vacations solo, especially to the beach. Pull up a chair to the bar, get a book and drink until it's time to have some fresh seafood.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
Hello
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »
Herro.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »
I can’t wait for surgery, it’ll be nice so smell stuff again.

Everyone having a good weekend?

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »
It’s raining again. Sideways!! :getoffmylawn:

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2019, 09:17:14 PM »
I wish it'd rain here. I don't think it's rained in the past 2 weeks

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2019, 02:21:13 AM »

Can't remember when it last rained here. We're on water restrictions now.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2019, 02:27:45 AM »
Here it's been raining pretty much all throughout May. Even this morning when I walked to work, it rained.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2019, 07:16:02 AM »
Beautiful weather today, relatively quiet at the office, but my head is killing me. Two out of three ain't bad, I suppose.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2019, 07:25:03 AM »

Damn man.  Crazy.  I live next to a lake.  Water is all around us.  It's dangerous when we get too much rain where I live.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2019, 07:32:30 AM »
I'm just a mile or so north of Lake Erie, and the ecology around here is very clay-heavy within a couple of feet of the surface - so there is very little water run-off.  Even now, the ground is pretty soggy in many areas.  It was supposed to rain all weekend (even the forecast as late as Friday night), and it ended up only raining a bit late on Saturday and overnight to Sunday morning.  Still ended up inside most of Sunday working on the final storage rooms in the house - one of which is also my workout area.  Now that it is setup, I can get back on the training bandwagon.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2019, 07:32:53 AM »

Damn man.  Crazy.  I live next to a lake.  Water is all around us.  It's dangerous when we get too much rain where I live.

Didn't your house get flooded a couple of years ago?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »
It rained at the beer/punk festival I went to yesterday, cancelled the headliner's set 3 songs in.  Sucked so much.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2019, 08:04:09 AM »

Didn't your house get flooded a couple of years ago?

11   we had 10 inches of water in the basement.  If we lose power the sump pump does not work and the water tablet underneath with the lake near rises very fast.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #522 on: June 03, 2019, 08:17:46 AM »
Can't you get a battery backup? After my parents' house flooded in 2003 due to a sump pump power failure, they had an emergency battery backup installed.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »
Our place has two sump pumps (one at opposite corners of our foundation.  Thankfully, previous owners also installed a natural gas generator for that (along with our septic pump, naturally).  Despite being wise enough to do that, both sump pumps were in fucked up condition when we moved in - one had a  frozen line and nearly burned the motor out; the other had a clogged line, which did burn the motor out.  Had to replace both of them and get a plumber to fix the setup. 

Still a lot of moisture in the ground - they're both pumping at least once an hour.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: June 03, 2019, 08:22:21 AM »
At that time I had no generator.  Never looked into the battery backup.  Not I just plug in my generator and run the whole house.