Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284856 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #420 on: May 19, 2019, 05:17:58 AM »
Marc.  I'm so sorry. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2019, 08:54:41 AM »
That's the key. Keep busy and don't let yourself fall into the slump of "fuck it what's the point?".
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2019, 09:13:51 AM »
That's the key. Keep busy and don't let yourself fall into the slump of "fuck it what's the point?".

Yea, well one positive on a thing to keep me busy, get in shape.  Did quite a bit of bike riding this weekend which is positive all around.  I need to lose some weight for sure and definitely since I'm back in the single pool.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2019, 09:00:40 AM »
So my GF and I decided to "treat ourselves" after 2 weeks of getting shit ready to move (packing, yardsales, etc) and used some of our yardsale profit to get a myself a needed haircut, and her a pedicure.

Big Mistake. Dude totally butchered my head. It's amazing how what I think is a simple request (#4-#3 clippers on the sides and back, tapered, scissor trim the top, leaving length to allow styling). Dude buzzed the sides/back a straight #4, and scissor cut the top so short that he might as well have just buzzed it with a #4 as well. It's so bad. I have a big meeting in about 2 hours... and I look like I lost a fight to a lawnmower.

My GF didn't fare any better. The nail person didn't speak a word of English, wound up cutting her several times, didn't practice any form of hygiene routine with the tools, the water was cold, and he even ignored her requests (when given to English speaking employee to translate). I decided to look up reviews of this place while she was getting it down. hundreds of 1 Star reviews.  She is so pissed. She gets her toes done professionally maybe 2x a year, and they butchered them to the point where she even mentioned having ME do it next time, as it couldn't get worse :lol .

Yea, well one positive on a thing to keep me busy, get in shape.  Did quite a bit of bike riding this weekend which is positive all around.  I need to lose some weight for sure and definitely since I'm back in the single pool.

I lost over 50lbs after my last breakup. Part of that was just from depression and lack of eating, but the part was from me just going out every night, earphones in, and walking around town for hours. Through all the heartbreak and depression, losing weight and being active felt amazing.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2019, 09:02:33 AM »
Probably the best part about my depression has been my lack of appetite

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
Make sure you DO eat though. I was consuming nothing but Muscle Milk and Monster for like 2 months. I lived with her and her family for 8 months after we split. Her best friend is also a close friend of mine (who also blamed himself for us splitting... long story). He would come over and spend several days at a time with us, splitting his time between she and myself.  He would force me to eat. I hated him at the time... but now I am thankful.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #426 on: May 21, 2019, 09:06:52 AM »
Don't make me fly my ass out there and shove something food into your mouth.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: May 21, 2019, 09:09:46 AM »
Nah, I am eating, just not much which is fine.  Ride my bike when I get home, eat less, it's good for me.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2019, 09:17:12 AM »
GET SEXI(ER)!

Random question... who is the chick holding the sign on your Youtube logo?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »
Some Venezuelan girl I paid 20 bucks on flverr to do a few photos and a short clip for me to use on youtube.  Was thinking about doing it again with a different chick to freshen things up and make a new logo, but I'm not looking to spend any money on stupid shit like that now, it would be nice if I was friendly with some girls like that though

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #430 on: May 21, 2019, 09:31:02 AM »
She's cute. I like the Pink hair :lol

Fuck it. I'll do a photoshoot for ya!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #431 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:14 AM »
Howdy everybody. Got a rare weeknight doubleheader of fun lined up after work tonight :hat First my monthly homebrew club meeting in the city, and the bar we hold that at is conveniently close Irving Plaza which is where Animals as Leaders is playing tonight :metal Will call the venue this afternoon to find out when AAL is set to go on and drink free booze at the club meeting until it's time to walk over.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
Nice :metal

That reminds me, Russian Circles is playing a small venue in town in a few months. It's actually a goddamn bowling alley (That used to be owned by my GF's Dad's GF....)

Anyone know if they are worth the $15 or whatever to see?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: May 21, 2019, 08:59:03 PM »
Nah, I am eating, just not much which is fine.  Ride my bike when I get home, eat less, it's good for me.

Roadbike? How far do you go riding?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #434 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:12 AM »
Not far and by ride I mean use my exercise bike in my basement while watching youtube videos on how to get better at mordhau  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: May 22, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »
Not far and by ride I mean use my exercise bike in my basement while watching youtube videos on how to get better at mordhau  :lol

Damn. I was hoping Unicycle.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2019, 09:37:05 AM »
Good Morning Krusty Krew. Today starts 5 days of house / dog sitting for a really cute traveling nurse from Alabama and her 10 year old Great Dane, Diesel. My GF normally walks Diesel a few times a week, but his owner is going out of town and needs someone who can be there overnight and what not. So I got roped into it. It's not all bad. She literally lives on the property where I work (yes... I already cleared it with my boss)... and she apparently stocked the fridge with beverages and what not for me. So I am getting paid to spend 5 days away from home, chilling with one of the chillest dogs I've ever met, and I will save on gas on the 3 of the 5 days I am actually working, as I am literally already at work.  Win Win Win

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: May 23, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »
Yea sounds like a win/win

I'm off work tomorrow (and Monday is a holiday) so a nice long weekend for me.  I'm still quite depressed but I'm going to MA tomorrow for a road trip to see Avantasia, I'm thinking this alone reflection time doing something I love might be good for me. 

However, I don't have much going on Sunday or Monday so I hope I can find something to keep me busy and not stuck home alone.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2019, 12:56:05 PM »
Come hang out with me and the Great Dane on Sunday! We can go up to the roof of the building and throw water balloons at my employees :lol

So I just had the most ridiculous complaint I've gotten in a while. A woman walks over to our office from her building (which is a few dozen yards from our office. Like someone could sit on their balcony, look into the office, and identify which gas station I bought my soda from). She informs my employee that she locked herself out of her building last night, and spent over an hour sitting outside waiting to see one of my employees to let her in. She wanted to call us but left her phone inside.

Instead of walking around the building to our office... she SAT there and waiting to see someone, and then complained that no one magically showed up to let her in.  I am glad I wasn't in the office when the complaint came in. I probably would have said something to get myself in trouble.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2019, 01:07:05 PM »
Some people just want to see the world burn.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #440 on: May 27, 2019, 07:29:20 AM »
Last day of vacation, ate a bunch of seafood and avoided a sunburn for the most part. I ended the trip last night by drinking some run runners that had me asleep by 8pm.

Now to come home and schedule sinus surgery.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #441 on: May 27, 2019, 09:11:11 AM »
Sinus surgery? Whats that about? but sucks vacation is over.

This was my first "vacation" of the year, just a 4 day weekend.  Went up to Worcester Friday for Avantasia, then to Queens for Greta Van Fleet Saturday and yesterday I was in recovery mode until I met up with some friends for the night.  Heading over to my sisters to see the nieces for lunch soon and then back home to relax to end the long weekend.  I think I have to work like 16 hours tomorrow so i'll be trying to chill the rest of today, maybe do more work around the house that needs my attention.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #442 on: May 27, 2019, 09:12:50 AM »
Deviated septum I bet.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #443 on: May 27, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
Good morning peeps.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: May 27, 2019, 10:50:18 AM »
Deviated septum I bet.

:lol that’s a good guess but I have polyps in my right sinuses. Started over a year ago when I had a sinus infection that wouldn’t go away. Went to the ent and tried to get rid of them with steroids, no luck. Basically it’s gotten so bad now that nothing drains from my right side of the face so I have to get them surgically removed, I’ve been avoiding it because of cost but its too much to live with at this point. I’ve lost almost all my sense of smell and constantly have headaches, not just any headaches either, imagine waking up 6 out or 7 mornings with the feeling having drank 10 beers the night before.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #445 on: May 27, 2019, 10:57:41 AM »
Have you tried Cocaine?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #446 on: May 27, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
Yea but it just pours out of my bad nostril :( :( :(

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: May 27, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
Polyps are not fun to get rid of.  I don't envy you.

Jay, stay away from jinxing my Bruins like you did to the Red Sox this weekend. :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #448 on: May 27, 2019, 11:33:33 AM »
Jay, stay away from jinxing my Bruins like you did to the Red Sox this weekend. :lol

Jay ... jinx away my friend.  The more jinxing the better!

#EveryoneHatesBoston
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #449 on: May 27, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »
You shut your hole.  I'm rooting for your team.

Go get a Tim Horton's donut hole and cram it eh? :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #450 on: May 27, 2019, 11:41:09 AM »
I couldn't give a shit 2 shits about hockey :lol

Apparently all Red Sox losses are my fault now. My GF's dad gave me a Red Sox hat for my birthday... and it's apparently lucky. I put it on, we score. I take it off, we lose :lol :lol :lol

What does Marc have to do with Tim Horton's?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #451 on: May 27, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
See! :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #452 on: May 27, 2019, 11:51:06 AM »
I can't wear it at work, dammit!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #453 on: May 27, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »
Apparently all Red Sox losses are my fault now. My GF's dad gave me a Red Sox hat for my birthday... and it's apparently lucky. I put it on, we score. I take it off, we lose :lol :lol :lol

So if I don't get you a Bruins hat and you don't put it on, does that count too?

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #454 on: May 27, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »
Yea but it just pours out of my bad nostril :( :( :(

:lol damn man that sounds terrible, but yea, I get it about the costs and it getting to the point where you need to take care of it.  Kind of like my growth I had removed last year on my head.  Minus the terrible headaches, surprisingly that didn't give me those.  I don't think I could wait as long as I did if I were getting headaches.

What does Marc have to do with Tim Horton's?

There was a Tim Horton's just down the street from me, opened a couple years ago and just closed.  I guess the Canadian experiment into NJ didn't work out