Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287587 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
 :lol give Jay the hammer

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2019, 01:23:13 PM »
WAZZZZUP!??!?!

I saw Blob's nod to you in his Avengers Fortnite PS1 video :lol

YOU WANNA BE NEXT, BISH?

I'd be honored.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »
Give Jay the hammer in Leisure Suit Larry. :zydar:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2019, 01:34:02 PM »
 :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: May 14, 2019, 01:50:58 PM »
The Queen took my stones.  YOU WILL GET NONE GOOD SIR!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32:42 AM »
Morning dudes

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2019, 09:34:35 AM »
I love being a remote worker when we have "all hands" meetings.  So i can just play the video and not have to actually sit there.  Aka I can chit chat here while listening.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2019, 10:03:39 AM »
SLACKER
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2019, 10:04:05 AM »
That’s one of the best things about working from home.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: May 15, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
SLACKER

no argument, but I am actually doing some work which makes me more productive than anyone sleeping in the big meeting.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #396 on: May 15, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
SLACKER

no argument, but I am actually doing some work which makes me more productive than anyone sleeping in the big meeting.

This.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: May 15, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
SLACKER

This.

CANADIAN

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: May 17, 2019, 09:00:31 AM »
Good Morning folks.

Today is a dark day.

I... I... I... left my coffee on the kitchen counter when I left for work this morning     :'(

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #399 on: May 17, 2019, 09:41:38 AM »
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2019, 10:08:35 AM »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2019, 10:17:12 AM »
Oh you should hear the language in my car when I do that.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2019, 10:48:54 AM »
What, you don't turn around and go back to get it?  I wouldn't make it off of my street before noticing that I didn't have it, and would abruptly turn back for it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2019, 10:55:40 AM »
I already tend to run 5 minutes late every day... by the time I noticed,  turning back to get it would have made me 15 minutes late.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »
I already tend to run 5 minutes late every day... by the time I noticed,  turning back to get it would have made me 15 minutes late.

They gonna fire you?

Morning coffee vs being on time... coffee wins.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
Nah. These fuckers need me :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2019, 11:55:10 AM »
Exactly.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2019, 01:21:31 PM »
And I need the coffee.

I received the strangest call I have gotten in a long time.

"THERE'S AN ALLIGATOR IN MY YARD!"

That was a fun one.

There was no Alligator to be seen. There was nothing. I believe she saw something... just not a gator. Most LIKELY a possum.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2019, 01:25:35 PM »
SHARKNATO!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2019, 01:30:10 PM »
She was an older woman who I think may be on pain meds.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2019, 07:48:51 AM »
Well my gf of over two years and dating for three broke up with me last night.  I'm devastated and totally shocked.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #412 on: May 18, 2019, 08:31:43 AM »
New thread. Smells good.

I had a really cute girl hit on me this morning at work. I totally thought she was a lesbian... but now I think I might be mistaken.

Depends.  Are you a woman? 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #413 on: May 18, 2019, 08:50:08 AM »
Well my gf of over two years and dating for three broke up with me last night.  I'm devastated and totally shocked.

Jesus dude.  I'm so sorry to hear that.   :sad:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #414 on: May 18, 2019, 09:10:00 AM »
I dont understand at all man.  She has one reason she keeps using, because in the past I've made some rejections to plans she wanted to do with her friends.  I get that, and I can make that better and work on it.  I actually think her friends are awesome which I've said time and time again and we've all had some fun times together too, it's more so about timing than wanting to do things with her friends that I've said no in the past.  Like I dont get how that is a reason to end it all.  I think  there's more and I don't know, this downfall started a month ago when I asked her to take her time and eventually move in with me now that my brother is out of my house.  She had said before she wanted to move in, but I guess things changed and that conversation just lead to her saying she has issues with me, which I thought a month ago, we agreed to work on.  I hadn't said no to anything she requested since then.  Today is her graduation and I'm not going to be there.  It's breaking my heart so bad.  I told her last night that I was really upset she didn't want me to be at the graduation which she responded saying she did want me there but as a friend and I just don't think I am capable being around her friends and family and acting like everything is fine.  I can't pretend like that and I can't accept we are just friends.  She's going to Croatia with her friend this week for 10 days as her graduation gift to herself which is great for her but really sucks that she's just going to be gone and I'm left here trying to figure shit out.  I didn't think she was capable of doing this to me, it hurts so much.

Sorry, probably should go back to the lonely hearts thread, but I know you guys here a bit more personally.  Thanks for listening.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: May 18, 2019, 01:33:33 PM »
Damn cramx that sucks, I've been there and I know that there is little that can be said that can make you feel better. The best coping mechanism I found was finding a new hobby or delving deeper into an existing hobby. Free time is kind of the enemy and it will just force you to dwell on negative thoughts and feelings. It'll also take time, you've been apart of your lives for a while now and it leaves a big hole, eventually that hole will be filled, new memories will be formed and you'll feel better.

My advice would be not to be friends and if possible cut off contact for a while. Attempting to be friends at this point with a breakup this fresh isn't going to help you feel any better, especially since this caught you off guard somewhere. Shoot me a message if you ever want to chat, I'm on discord, steam and here.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: May 18, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »
Thanks Reapper, yea I've got to keep myself busy.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #417 on: May 18, 2019, 03:55:44 PM »
Marc, that sucks man. Really really sucks. We've all been there and things will definitely work out. I'm sure it's hard to see that right now.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »
Yea Tim, it sucks even more because I only feel like I'm getting older and after my experiences, I thought she was the one.  So while things will work out in the end and I'll recover, I just feel so punched in the gut now.  Sucks even more because my brother had just moved out so I'm home all alone.  He came over today to finish his move out, which was really nice just because it was nice to chill with him and his gf for a bit.  I'm going to try and spend more time with my nieces but sucks my sister is kind of busy tomorrow.  My coworker is traveling this week too so I'll be working solo which sucks too, but I plan on putting in tons of hours just to keep busy.  Having said that, I'm going to spend the evening with my buddy Devin Townsend tonight  :lol He happens to be doing an acoustic performance in town and he's definitely one of my favorite dudes in metal.  I'd rather see a full show from him, but I almost feel like an acoustic show might be what I need now, just hope I don't cry like a baby there.  The metal follows after his set with the band Avatar so we'll see how things go.  Next week I head up to MA for Avantasia so I have that to look forward to as well  :metal

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #419 on: May 18, 2019, 07:11:36 PM »
Sorry to hear that Marc.
Photobucket sucks.