Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285051 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #350 on: April 30, 2019, 07:52:57 AM »
lol free wifi at the movies?  I can't say I have any desire to step into a movie theater and hand over money.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #351 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »
My "Cynicism Meter" is spiking crazily.   I'm sure there's someone out there that has made the command decision to pay $15.00 for a movie ticket in order to get access to Wifi (as opposed to paying for it themselves) but beyond that, can we not go more than 2 hours without needing wifi download speeds?   You can't separate from the internet for more than two - okay, I'll give you three - hours?   

Oh, I forgot, you have to tweet to the world that you're at the new Avengers movie.   I don't know how I've progressed so far in a society that I am so out of step with.  ;) 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #352 on: April 30, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
Hell, a lot of free wifi hotspots throttle the d/l and u/l speeds, and (at least around here) I find most to be slower than 4G / LTE.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #353 on: April 30, 2019, 09:27:48 AM »
The US is such crap for free wifi compared to Europe, but free wifi is good in places like the Mall or Train Station, movie theater?  If that's a perk of being a frequent movie goer, that's kind of a crappy perk if you ask me. 

Hell, a lot of free wifi hotspots throttle the d/l and u/l speeds, and (at least around here) I find most to be slower than 4G / LTE.

Yea definitely, and the newer speeds being put out now (5Ge or whatever) are so quick that wifi is almost obsolete (minus paying for data potentially)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #354 on: April 30, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
In this case the wifi was only available for people who were members of their "club" ($24 a month gets you 3 movies a week, and discounts on concessions, and apparently free wifi)
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #355 on: April 30, 2019, 10:56:58 AM »
There was a theater in LA I'd go to from time to time and it felt like whenever you walked to your theater, your signal just vanished. Not sure they had wifi, but either way I enjoyed it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #356 on: May 01, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »
Good Morning Krusty Krew.

My job is still up in the air. The decision regarding our contract still hasn't been made by the client, and the contract is up May 30th. They really should have made a decision and let us know, as I have a dozen people sitting here wondering if they are still going to have jobs at the end of the month. I've already had one person give a 2 week notice, as she accepted a job somewhere else (just to make sure she HAS a job). This is getting kind of ridiculous. I have a feeling we are going to wind up with a week's heads up and that's it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2019, 09:01:30 AM »
Have you still been looking for other work?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2019, 11:51:40 AM »
I've had my eyes open at potential jobs, and cleaned up my resume a bit.

It actually now looks like they may be extended our contract at least another 6 months. It's NOT set in stone yet though.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #359 on: May 03, 2019, 09:10:15 AM »
ugh got sucked into this meeting with dell as they present to us their latest and greatest of shitty servers for the next three hours, at least I am remote and can just kind of fuck off while I listen/watch but once this is done I get to leave since I have a hearing test today.  My job is in a loud environment and management all of the sudden is worried about my hearing.  Well, I got to 30 concerts a year, I think that may also have an effect, but I'm curious about the results.  I don't think I have hearing issues, but it should be interesting to see.  And then once that's done, time to head into NYC for the Winery Dogs for more ear abuse!   :metal :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #360 on: May 03, 2019, 06:46:09 PM »
Note to self:

Swapping shifts and working a Friday afternoon shift was a bad idea. :lol

I forgot how busy Friday Swings can be!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #361 on: May 03, 2019, 07:00:39 PM »
Just finished work myself, what a busy fucking week. I almost regret signing up for OT but dat pay doe

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2019, 09:44:47 AM »
We found a place to live!

By best friend's mother's property has a decent sized house and a detached studio on the property. My buddy and his fiance have been living in the studio, but are moving into the main house (which is essentially being turned into a duplex), and they offered the Studio to us for a steal. It's a HUGE downsizing, but we will be saving a shit-ton of money (utilities are included in rent!)

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2019, 12:47:27 PM »
Cool beans man!  How 'bout the contract renewal sit-ee-ation.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2019, 12:57:27 PM »
I was told that it's "going to happen" by a source who is a part of the people who will make it happen... but they have to officially meet about it today. So.... we'll see.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2019, 02:33:20 PM »
Took my first vacation day of the year, an impromptu one... to finish the yard work I needed done this weekend for the brush pick up tomorrow, otherwise it's two months wait, or pay.  I'm exhausted and annoyed I used a vacation day instead of just you know, checking the pick up schedule  :facepalm: but it really needed to be done and couldn't wait, and I don't want to spend the money for professionals when I know how to use a chainsaw.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
Annnnnnd extended.

Found a place to live and officially still have a job all in 24 hours. Today is a good day! Lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2019, 06:06:39 PM »
That sounds great all around Jay, I'm glad you're having a good day

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2019, 08:08:58 PM »
Now to see if my GF's dad will give us a beak on rent this month to start our process.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2019, 06:38:49 AM »
Thanks Jay.  Now I have Chumbawumba stuck in my head.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2019, 09:37:45 AM »
Nice Jay

I kept thinking all day yesterday that it was Thursday and it was really pissing me off, now that it is Thursday I just feel so depressed that it's not Friday

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
I had to drive down to Burbank to swap cars for work yesterday and it threw my week off. I keep thinking today is Wednesday :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2019, 05:03:27 PM »
I had to drive down to Burbank to swap cars for work yesterday and it threw my week off. I keep thinking today is Wednesday :lol

Today is Wednesday.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
:lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #375 on: May 14, 2019, 12:12:51 PM »
Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #376 on: May 14, 2019, 12:15:02 PM »
 :metal

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #377 on: May 14, 2019, 12:16:36 PM »
WAZZZZUP!??!?!

I saw Blob's nod to you in his Avengers Fortnite PS1 video :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #378 on: May 14, 2019, 12:27:55 PM »
*nods*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #379 on: May 14, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »
WAZZZZUP!??!?!

:lol I watched it just recently and saw it too.  I am so honored to be slaughtered in his video

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2019, 12:28:57 PM »
*nods back*
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »
*Johnny Dangerously nods*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2019, 12:37:36 PM »
How the hell is everyone?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2019, 01:00:52 PM »
WAZZZZUP!??!?!

YOU WANNA BE NEXT, BISH?
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »
 :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC