Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284959 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
The AI bots are getting better and better.  I can still differentiate between them and a real person, but I'm betting it'll be fairly indistinguishable within a couple of years. 

So, prank away on them.  Nobody's feelings are getting hurt.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »
The AI bots are getting better and better.  I can still differentiate between them and a real person, but I'm betting it'll be fairly indistinguishable within a couple of years. 

So, prank away on them.  Nobody's feelings are getting hurt.

Oh I got past the bot, but the bot was pretty good but clearly a bot when you say something out of order.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »
I just learned about "digital blackface."

Where is that fucking asteroid at?!

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2019, 12:14:56 PM »
I got one the other day that actually cracked a joke.  I forgot what the joke was, but it was something akin to "Hi Stadler, it's good to talk to you.  I know we're both busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest!  But I won't take too much of your time..."   I hung up at that point.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: April 19, 2019, 05:44:32 AM »
That's my standard "busier than" line!  I hate when people hang up on me.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #320 on: April 19, 2019, 06:35:50 AM »
I wouldn't hang up on a real person, though.  I was just brought up that way. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #321 on: April 19, 2019, 06:35:56 AM »
I want to set the eath on fire with these sales bots.  I can't even fuck with people calling anymore.  It's unfair.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #322 on: April 19, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
Good Morning E'ryobody!

Here's hoping to a quick smooth day at work. I (accidentally) chugged a Swiss Chocolate Monster (It's basically Monster Chocolate Milk... don't judge), listening to Spock's Beard, and am powering through payroll. After work I get to spend the weekend house sitting, so in theory it should be a relaxing weekend.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »
Wait... a Monster Energy drink - that sweet smelling caffeine bomb - in chocolate milk flavor???  What in god's name does that taste like?  I'm not a fan at all of energy drinks, and I don't like the "buzz" (literally, I feel like I'm buzzing, and not in the good, alcohol way) so that sounds like it's somewhere between parking lot puddle water and super model pee in terms of things I'd like to drink.   

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #324 on: April 19, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »

It's a "Java Monster". They don't really taste like Monster. Just coffee based with a shit ton of caffeine. This tastes like a chocolate milk with hints of coffee.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2019, 05:22:50 AM »
Long day ahead.  Got a lot done yesterday (Good Friday is a stat holiday for us) towards unpacking my garage and getting work-bench / tools setup.  Would've liked to have done a lot more today, but the Principal from the jingle.kids elementary school (who was VERY influential towards jingle.son in particular) suddenly passed last weekend, and viewing/celebration is today - 2 hours away.  So, as will be the case given our move, long drive ahead (and back) for a not-so-cheery reason.  The guy was so fucking awesome - always cheerful and upbeat.  2 years younger than me, so it's kinda eery.  Life ain't fair ... takes his guy away from the world, let it leaves douche-waffles with us (like mrs.jingle's father who is borderline evil)

Also, had a dream that mrs.jingle was pregnant. Yeah, fuck that shit.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2019, 06:00:02 AM »
That's terrible news Jingle, I'm sorry for your loss. How do you like the new home?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2019, 06:16:05 AM »
That sucks man, very unfortunate

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #328 on: April 22, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »
Good morning peeps.

Going to be a long day. POS employee who quit (we were going to fire him either way) kinda left me fucked. So here comes a bunch of OT.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #329 on: April 23, 2019, 07:01:58 AM »
Hell yeah, motherfuckers.

For the uninitiated:  that's me (bald) and ReaperKK (not), having dinner before the DT show in Charlotte last night.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #330 on: April 23, 2019, 07:32:50 AM »
:metal
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #331 on: April 26, 2019, 01:32:12 PM »
BLOB!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #332 on: April 26, 2019, 01:50:04 PM »
I'm offended

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #333 on: April 26, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
Jaaaaaaay.   Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.    JAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #334 on: April 26, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #335 on: April 26, 2019, 05:11:32 PM »
Just wanted to say hi.  I missed you baby.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #336 on: April 26, 2019, 05:19:15 PM »
I missed you Kin . . . . oh wait, probably not aimed at me.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #337 on: April 26, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »
I'd dry hump you.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #338 on: April 27, 2019, 03:51:29 AM »
Hey, Blob,

I just realized I never got your take on the album Distance Over Time and decided to go browse your history on it. It appears that either you listened and didn't given an opinion (which seems odd to me) or you've not heard it. Anyway, I always enjoy your opinions on DT music, so if you care to share.

"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2019, 02:05:26 AM »
Hey, Blob,

I just realized I never got your take on the album Distance Over Time and decided to go browse your history on it. It appears that either you listened and didn't given an opinion (which seems odd to me) or you've not heard it. Anyway, I always enjoy your opinions on DT music, so if you care to share.

I haven't even looked in DT side in probably a couple of years, let alone posted. :lol
As for the album, we're on a DT forum, so I'm keeping my mouth shut on that one. :biggrin:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2019, 07:04:19 AM »
Hey, Blob,

I haven't even looked in DT side in probably a couple of years, let alone posted. :lol
As for the album, we're on a DT forum, so I'm keeping my mouth shut on that one. :biggrin:

Fair enough. I remember thinking your take on TA was interesting so I was fishing to see if D/T met with your approval. I'm guessing, no.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
Morn'

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #342 on: April 29, 2019, 11:16:55 AM »
Morning Jay.  I'm in Pennsylvania for training. 3 days.  Just got to the airport to pick up another manager from Portland,  Maine who flew.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2019, 12:12:02 PM »
Morning Jay.  I'm in Pennsylvania for training. 3 days.  Just got to the airport to pick up another manager from Portland,  Maine who flew.

Where in PA?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #344 on: April 29, 2019, 12:44:10 PM »

Where in PA?

Um..the airport.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2019, 12:57:16 PM »
Wilkes Barre.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #346 on: April 29, 2019, 03:35:00 PM »
PA?

I am so sorry. I spend a week in PA once... and I never want to go back :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #347 on: April 29, 2019, 03:38:29 PM »
I spent 4 years in PA, I'm good with that state  :lol actually, it's pretty nice overall and I love going back to my alma mater.  I just hate Philly really.

Anyway,

Happy birthday Jay  :yarr

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: April 29, 2019, 03:46:37 PM »
 :lol

Just for 2 nights. Lol. I'll be home Wednesday night.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #349 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »
AMC Theaters: "TURN OFF YOUR PHONES NO TEXTING OR BROWSING!"

Also AMC Theaters: "Members of the A List club get free wifi!"

(posted from an AMC Theater as I wait for Endgame)

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"