Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284925 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2019, 06:24:20 AM »
That's a hard habit to break RJ.

Tell me about it.  Years of the doggies waking up to be fed at 6-ish, and I'm lucky if I can get to 7am on the off-chance that they decide to sleep in.

One of my best experiences was when J-Boy, FieryWinds, Bosk and some others were together for the self titled show.

You mean that was better than staring at the back of Bosk's head.   :lol  Seriously though, I concur.  That, and a hookup of about 10 DTF'rs in AZ for 'Dramatic Tour' were my fave two DT concerts.

Of course, Progstock takes the cake.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2019, 07:30:43 AM »
Of course.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2019, 09:14:02 AM »
Hey now.  Honestly,  I love that we have this kind of a community.  Great people, great to hang with,  always pulling for each other.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2019, 09:11:06 AM »
Good morning fambam.

How goes it?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2019, 09:16:30 AM »
Mandatory anti-bribery training this morning, booorrinnngg

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2019, 09:21:33 AM »
Mandatory anti-bribery training this morning, booorrinnngg

Can you bribe your way out of it?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
 :lol I wish I could make a joke like that, these people are too serious

Luckily I work remotely so I can DTF while watching the stream from the office.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:54 AM »
Nice!

Funny enough, I am trying to convince my boss to let me go into the main office today or tomorrow. We had an incident a few weeks ago that I can't go into much detail on, but the Police basically shrugged it off, so my company (who has a whole side of it that does PI work and what not) are conducting their own investigation. One of my employees drove down there (Pasadena... 2 hour drive depending on traffic) to be interviewed regarding the incident, and there's another who needs to go down. My boss has been mentioning having me go down there sometime soon to spend some time in the main office learning other aspects of the job (and maybe shadow on some investigative assignments). I figured kill 2 birds with one stone, and let the other employee (good friend of mine) and I drive down in the company car. Still waiting on an answer. I'd love to get the hell away from here for a day and still get paid.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
That would be a nice getaway and change of pace day. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2019, 10:59:27 AM »
Right? But instead I am researching noise ordinances in CC&Rs and Civic Codes. Gotta be... thorough.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
'Sup people
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2019, 01:54:58 PM »
*waves hands in the air...*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2019, 03:04:33 PM »
Good Afternoon.

Our internet connection in our office has been almost unusable for several weeks. I just now realized the reason is due to the vendor who maintains one of our camera systems (technically 4 out of 5 of the systems) updated a bunch of shit and everything has been streaming at 1440. When you have 64 cameras streaming at QHD, it takes up a shit ton of bandwidth. So I have to manually reset each of the streams to a lower resolution. The problem I have found is since this update, the only options I have on most of the cameras is either 1440 or 288. There should be a setting for 720. 288 pretty shit. The other issue I JUST discovered while typing this is the fact that when the streams are set to a lower resolution, and you double click to full screen a specific stream, it's supposed to bump up to 1440. Once I am done fixing all of the streams so they are actually usable, I'll send an email to the vendor, who will wait 3 days to respond.

This is why I have high blood pressure :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2019, 03:32:01 PM »
Well if it makes you feel any better, I received a shipment yesterday of new servers and it was all fucked up.  Took me about 4 hours yesterday and another 2 today to fix them all and it was very physical work solo and these servers are really heavy.  Just drenched in sweat, and I had to document it all so I can write a long email to our vendor and how this happened and how they will fix it going forward.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »

*like you just don't care*
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2019, 06:52:43 PM »

Finally,  someone got it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2019, 08:21:57 AM »
Morning folks.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2019, 09:19:38 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2019, 09:21:50 AM »
Well if it makes you feel any better, I received a shipment yesterday of new servers and it was all fucked up.  Took me about 4 hours yesterday and another 2 today to fix them all and it was very physical work solo and these servers are really heavy.  Just drenched in sweat, and I had to document it all so I can write a long email to our vendor and how this happened and how they will fix it going forward.

This is why I hate people

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #300 on: April 17, 2019, 10:37:06 AM »
We've all taken a vote here at DTF, and it's unanimous... people are the worst.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #303 on: April 17, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »

Finally,  someone got it.

I bet you didn't think it'd be me. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #304 on: April 17, 2019, 12:18:44 PM »
It’s surprisingly slow at the office. I can’t remember the last time I had this much downtime.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:40 PM »
Been a relatively slow week here too, although my coworker has been out sick all week so I've been busy enough solo. 

Listening to Threshold for the first time really, got the album Legend of the Shires, really good stuff.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus

Offline AnimalsAsLeaders

• Kachow!
« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2019, 12:41:22 PM »
One of my British friends was talking about applying to greek citizenship by investment program to have golden visa and remain as a EU citizen. But I can't say I am absolutely convinced that it's a good idea :\ What do you think about it?

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2019, 05:42:46 AM »
Good morning dudes, working from home today and it's only a half day. I have a volunteer event after work.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2019, 08:51:18 AM »
howdy

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #310 on: April 18, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »
What's happening Jay?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2019, 10:05:28 AM »
Same shit, different day.

Went to write an employee up yesterday, and he refused to even look at it, and instead gave me a 2 week notice.

Guy was stupid enough to go out to his car on shift and sit there reading the newspaper, after I had asked him put it away when he was in the office and focus on his job. He also did it WHILE I WAS THERE. Then comes back and says "You never said I couldn't sit in my car while on shift."

This is why I hate people. :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #312 on: April 18, 2019, 10:20:04 AM »
lol well he's not wrong but hes not right

I got a couple calls from recruiters today.  This guy says he found my resume on career builder which immediately red flagged me so i just got off the phone quickly, I checked and my resume I have on there is from 2010  :rollin  Then I got another call from lyft which I decided to answer cause fuck it, I'm getting these random calls Im going to prank it and boy did I prank them pretty good, for 6 minutes.  I have an app on my phone to record my calls and I'm thinking I got a gold mine for my next youtube video, pranking lyft or just showing how easily they will accept anyone (I made myself sound sooooo dumb and skirted the 2004 date pretty obviously of the age of my car to make it sound like I was lying, well I was, but lying seriously and arguing for $69 an hour) annnddd go to play it and I guess this app doesnt record the convo when I use my blutooth headphones  >:(

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: April 18, 2019, 10:32:05 AM »
I ALMOST responded to that by saying "Well, that's like saying you've been walking around with your dick out, and was waiting for me to tell you you couldn't do that!"

I told my boss that and he cracked up.

I want to see a series of you just prank calling people or something :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »
I want to see a series of you just prank calling people or something :lol

I've been salivating waiting for a moment like today and now just so mad it didnt record.  I think prank calls are one of America's greatest old passtimes  :lol  I used to do them so much as a kid and I listen to Howard Stern who's staff does them really well.  I just want to get these robo calls more so than prank someone who is innocent these days.  Kind of feels like justice for wasting my time.