Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284852 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2019, 08:18:57 AM »
Morning guys. Heading to Houston today for the week. I’ve been sitting on the plane for close to an hour waiting to take off. This is going to be a long day.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »
That's annoying  but should be a short flight.

Actually had flight related dream last night. I hardly ever dream, well remembering dreams I guess, but my dream was super stressful, about hurrying to catch a flight.  I was in a foreign country and was struggling to get my shit together and make it to the airport, in fact I never left for the airport as I kept forgetting shit and eventually woke up. Couple odd things,  I legit have this issue before flights worrying I'll be late and usually dont sleep well the night before because I keep worrying about it but oddly enough I have no flights scheduled for the near future. And also oddly, this appears to be a reoccurring dream now when I actually do remember having a vivid dream. I'm guessing this has some deep meaning in my mind or something which is slightly concerning.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2019, 09:27:19 AM »
G'morning all. Feeling sluggish this morning after a shitty night of sleep.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2019, 09:36:51 AM »

A couple of nights ago I stayed up till 3pm then only slept till 5pm, so I was feeling like shit the whole day. :lol
Then I to bed at 4pm and slept till 2am.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »
I don't know how to comprehend "stayed up till 3pm"  :lol If it's mid afternoon, is that still staying up?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2019, 09:47:38 AM »
Good morning folks!

So our client is taking bids from other companies for our contract. They did a big walk through with the heads of our company and 4 others. The proposals are due in today. They've only receive a single bid... and that's from us :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2019, 10:10:08 AM »
I don't know how to comprehend "stayed up till 3pm"  :lol If it's mid afternoon, is that still staying up?

If I didn't sleep at all while it was actually night, yes? :lol I woke up at maybe 4pm the previous day.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »

If I didn't sleep at all while it was actually night, yes? :lol I woke up at maybe 4pm the previous day.

Blob I go by the headcannon that time is upside down in Oz, and 5pm is just 5am.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #183 on: March 25, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »

A couple of nights ago I stayed up till 3pm then only slept till 5pm, so I was feeling like shit the whole day. :lol
Then I to bed at 4pm and slept till 2am.

Me am Blobzaro.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: March 25, 2019, 10:53:17 AM »

Blob I go by the headcannon that time is upside down in Oz, and 5pm is just 5am.

:lol
My usual bed time is 6am, although that's not usually when I actually sleep. Lately I just stay up at the laptop in bed till 8-9am.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #185 on: March 25, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »
That's not so bad. Converted to upside down time, I go to sleep at 11am and that's still pretty early.

Wait...is Australia the Upside Down? Everything is trying to kill you. It's a strange place with strange creatures. It's like the real world but also not. Woah.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: March 25, 2019, 11:14:11 AM »
You know... I was thinking...

DOES Australia even exist? Has anyone actually seen an Australian? No one has ever visited and come back alive as far as I know.

Blob is just a computer program.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2019, 12:10:05 PM »
You know... I was thinking...

DOES Australia even exist? Has anyone actually seen an Australian? No one has ever visited and come back alive as far as I know.

Blob is just a computer program.

You honour me with such a comparison, sir.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2019, 12:13:16 PM »
So he's a Blobbot!  I knew it!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2019, 12:15:34 PM »

I named my discord bot "Blob-bot", but then I changed it to "BotVanDam" :blob:

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »
What's your discord?  I'll have to join so I can annoy you there too

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2019, 12:43:43 PM »

I named my discord bot "Blob-bot", but then I changed it to "BotVanDam" :blob:

I should have known better.  LOL

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2019, 01:11:44 PM »

Dude, you could not annoy me more than all these little Fortnite kiddos joining after the Ali-A reaction video. :lol
I now have a bot that DM's and tags people in a message when they join to say not to ask for download links to the game, and what does the first little shitstain who joins after that do?
Yup.
Here's the link if you wanna join. Btw, I also had to add a 10 minute waiting period after joining before you can message in the hope that people learn to read in that time.
https://discord.gg/CMdqpH7

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2019, 02:01:02 PM »

Dude, you could not annoy me more than all these little Fortnite kiddos joining after the Ali-A reaction video. :lol
I now have a bot that DM's and tags people in a message when they join to say not to ask for download links to the game, and what does the first little shitstain who joins after that do?
Yup.
Here's the link if you wanna join. Btw, I also had to add a 10 minute waiting period after joining before you can message in the hope that people learn to read in that time.
https://discord.gg/CMdqpH7

joined!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2019, 02:19:12 PM »
Froppo I assume? :D

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
Yessir

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2019, 10:07:38 PM »
Had a dream Drew Barrymore died of a weed overdose. There was also a broom in my refrigerator. I woke up with a stomach ache.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: March 28, 2019, 12:55:49 AM »
Is that a haiku?
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #198 on: March 28, 2019, 05:15:56 PM »

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #199 on: March 28, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »
I think I've finally hit my "you're not paying me enough for this bullshit" threshold with my job. Might be time to freshen up the ol' CV
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #200 on: March 29, 2019, 05:13:50 AM »
Sadly, I am being paid enough for the bullshit I have to endure.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »
Sadly, I will never get away from the work bullshit.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2019, 07:27:26 AM »
Yea, I feel a bit in a rut myself with work.  Getting my ass handed to me on a daily basis (actually this week hasnt been too bad because we are in a change freeze) but they gave me a raise, I'm due a couple bonuses and still have small stock payouts every quarter for another couple years that I stay.  It makes it pretty difficult to leave atlhough I kind of want to by next year not only because this job is getting ridiculous, but I'm not really advancing, just working super hard.  I need the money with my brother moving out soon too so I can't be risky.  Sucks, I've been feeling a bit trapped lately, but it's hard to complain when I kind of have things in place to survive, I just need to keep working hard. Hopefully you find something Bill that is better for you.  With unemployment so low right now, it might be a good time to check and see if you can get more money somewhere else.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2019, 07:45:41 AM »
Sadly, I am being paid enough for the bullshit I have to endure.

That's kind of where I'm at.   

I used to throw resumes out periodically; there was one company that I would regularly monitor for positions.   But it was about three or four years ago now that I sort of had an epiphany.   I'm not coasting - not at all - but I'm at a company that is not my favorite, but they like me, I deliver for them, I have a good boss (though... and this is hard to write, it's awkward having the gut feeling that in a fire-fight within the company he wouldn't make it) and I'm paid well.   You see me here a lot so I certainly get to program my day, but it's not always at my discretion; there are Sundays where I'm in front of the NASCAR race with a contract printed out for review, which sucks. 

But all-in, I think the good outweighs the bad and so we see where it goes.   Problem is - and this is NOT a complaint, just a hard fact circa 2019 - I'm a 51-year-old straight white American male, and so if the shit does hit the fan, there are no guarantees that I'm going to quickly or easily land on my feet.  When I was 32, I had ZERO fear of that.   It does make decision-making more complicated.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2019, 09:33:38 AM »
I'm right there with you Stads.  Overall, the good outweighs the bad.  I am pretty much coasting... I'm paid to deliver a result, and if I can deliver that result in 20 hours a week, or if it take 60, it doesn't matter.  So right now, I'm killing it without having to put a shit-ton of effort in to things.  I'm always keeping my eyes open for something "better", but there's never any guarantee that I might be getting out of a frying pan an into the proverbial fire.

All-in-all, I can tolerate things for the benefits (beyond just the financial) that I'm availed.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2019, 11:07:20 AM »
Happy Friday everyone.

Why is it that the day I am training a new hire is also the day that shit hits the fan and I have to drop everything to deal with admin stuff? I legit might have to bring this guy in for another half of day's training just to make up for it :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2019, 11:40:19 AM »
I get paid almost nothing, but luckily love what I do. So I'm good. Granted it's also an internship, so I have no say in the matter.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »
I get paid almost nothing, but luckily love what I do. So I'm good. Granted it's also an internship, so I have no say in the matter.

I do love what I do as well, but for me at least, I feel trapped in that I'm not growing.  I get paid fairly well for what I do, but after 5 years here and growing, it just seems to have stalled and now it's just about working hard and not learning, just get it done, now.  The money is the incentive to stay but satisfying my mind is different, even if I love what I do and I work at a really good company too.  Lots of perks and whatnot, and well, the grass isn't always greener too.  I've got a good thing going here, but it just doesn't feel satisfying. My coworker and I just had lunch and we boht kind of feel the same, I think 2020 is the year to move on, 2019 has a lot of good things for me to not leave, but if things don't change to make me feel like I am learning and growing then I'm going to need a new job to get a new experience.

Online Adami

« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2019, 01:00:04 PM »

I do love what I do as well, but for me at least, I feel trapped in that I'm not growing.  I get paid fairly well for what I do, but after 5 years here and growing, it just seems to have stalled and now it's just about working hard and not learning, just get it done, now.  The money is the incentive to stay but satisfying my mind is different, even if I love what I do and I work at a really good company too.  Lots of perks and whatnot, and well, the grass isn't always greener too.  I've got a good thing going here, but it just doesn't feel satisfying. My coworker and I just had lunch and we boht kind of feel the same, I think 2020 is the year to move on, 2019 has a lot of good things for me to not leave, but if things don't change to make me feel like I am learning and growing then I'm going to need a new job to get a new experience.

What do you do again?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #209 on: March 29, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »
He films concerts and puts them on youtube.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol