Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 284859 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2019, 09:51:24 AM »
Shit Marc... I  can bring you in part time for some spare cash for a little bit. It would be a hell of a commute though :JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2019, 09:54:40 AM »

I'm thinking I am going to need every dollar I can get until I get the house situation settled down and I get my shit together to cover the expenses he was essentially paying for.

I feel yah, man.

Protip: Loading up on sweats and hoodies while keeping the heat set to 56 does wonders   :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2019, 09:57:27 AM »
Shit Marc... I  can bring you in part time for some spare cash for a little bit. It would be a hell of a commute though :JayOctavarium:

:lol I'll pick up a shift next time I'm on the left coast, it's not too big of a deal but I am a bit more money minded atm because it'll be an adjustment.  My gf however may just end up moving in, she's asked about it before and the reason I said no was because it would be odd with her and my brother there (which she agreed, she was more poking around to see what I thought about it I think), but I also really am looking forward to having my house to myself for at least a month or so.  I've never lived alone and think I might enjoy it for a short period of time.

I'm thinking I am going to need every dollar I can get until I get the house situation settled down and I get my shit together to cover the expenses he was essentially paying for.

I feel yah, man.

Protip: Loading up on sweats and hoodies while keeping the heat set to 56 does wonders   :lol

Honestly can't wait to do this  :lol I actually like it cold, like set to 65 but ym brother and even more so his gf when she is over always complain about it being too cold.  He pays half the bill so I don't argue, but having full control, I can tell you my house will be cold in the winter  :lol However, I don't know how cool I can keep it in the summer and thats the real problem for me who really likes it cold.  I'll get creative if I have to.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2019, 10:12:14 AM »
65 is cold?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2019, 10:17:23 AM »
I'm temporarily staying with my younger brother for a few weeks, while they are changing the pipes and plumbing in my apartment building. I can't live at home during this, since I'd have no water or any means to cook something.

It's been a week now, and it's going very fine. We've always gotten along great :)  I'm really grateful that he's so helpful and understanding about the situation.

In the end I'll be getting a completely new bathroom, and a new kitchen floor. Can't wait to see the results.

Did you remember to remove the evidence from underneath? I'm sure there's a hooker or 2 down there still...

I guess that will be a pleasant surprise for the lucky builders :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2019, 10:41:22 AM »
65 is cold?

For some. My bed room gets to 62 when I put the house at 65 and then I turn my fan on  :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2019, 08:35:13 PM »
Final interview and stage (culinary speak for a tryout) were today, I should be getting an offer within the next few days. After fifteen years, I'll be heading to a new kitchen.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »
 :metal :metal

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2019, 12:26:29 AM »
17.5 hours on the clock today, not bad especially since things went well tonight with the network maintenance  :hat

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2019, 06:28:39 AM »
Final interview and stage (culinary speak for a tryout) were today, I should be getting an offer within the next few days. After fifteen years, I'll be heading to a new kitchen.

Wow RJ.  I'm getting nervous for you.  LOL  Closer drive or further?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2019, 02:14:49 PM »
Further but I'll be able to take Bart, the city is very expensive to park in.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2019, 03:36:14 PM »
Well brother, a new challenge sometimes sparks that creativity.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »
Did you have to cook something, and if so, what was it?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2019, 06:38:15 PM »
Nah, just had to work a few hours with the crew. My new boss is familiar with my abilities, the tryout was more a formality. Just typed out my resignation letter, shit is getting real man.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2019, 07:24:26 PM »
Nah, just had to work a few hours with the crew. My new boss is familiar with my abilities, the tryout was more a formality. Just typed out my resignation letter, shit is getting real man.

Believe it or not, when I was a senior in college, I interviewed with Taco Bell. Their final interview took place in one of their ..umm..restaurants. There was an interview, and then I had to participate in a "Realistic" which was 60-90 minutes of working as a crew member. After 30 minutes, I was basically teaching their own crew how to do shit. :lol

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »
 :lol

awesome RJ

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »
Congrats RJ, sounds like you're moving on up

edit: hopefully to the point where that sweet new paycheck allows you to make the trek out to ProgStock ;)
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2019, 01:45:23 AM »
Congrats RJ, sounds like you're moving on up

edit: hopefully to the point where that sweet new paycheck allows you to make the trek out to ProgStock ;)

I skimmed this message and thought you were talking about Star Trek and Spock.

Now I'm disappointed on many levels.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2019, 05:20:29 AM »
You shut your nerd hole Blob.

Oh and hi!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2019, 05:41:42 AM »
What I do with my nerd hole is none of your business sir! :biggrin:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2019, 06:14:25 AM »
I can only imagine.  Just not with the Macarena.

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2019, 06:17:38 AM »
Further but I'll be able to take Bart, the city is very expensive to park in.

I think that's pretty presumptuous to think El Barto is going to pay for your parking.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2019, 06:30:41 AM »
 :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2019, 09:28:33 AM »
Good Morning Krusty Krew.

2 days until Dream Theater!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2019, 10:14:38 AM »

Hot damn that quick!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2019, 10:48:30 AM »

Hot damn that quick!

Yessir. Just gotta survive 3 days of work... and try my hardest to not spoil the setlist for myself. I haven't gone in blind since the first Along For The Ride tour leg.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
Gave notice yesterday, came as a surprise though they weren't shocked. They were quite aware of my past years frustrations. Now for the really hard part, having the 200+ people I've worked with for the past 15 years coming up to me at all times of the day being all sad. Hardest part of leaving a job is leaving the coworkers, especially in this industry where we're required to work so in tune with each other.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2019, 01:44:15 AM »
Good luck with the new job, chef!

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2019, 05:48:12 AM »
G'morning chat thread.
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2019, 06:31:01 AM »
Gave notice yesterday, came as a surprise though they weren't shocked. They were quite aware of my past years frustrations. Now for the really hard part, having the 200+ people I've worked with for the past 15 years coming up to me at all times of the day being all sad. Hardest part of leaving a job is leaving the coworkers, especially in this industry where we're required to work so in tune with each other.

On one of my many 2 hour commutes between houses that I've been making the past 3 weeks, I was actually thonking of calling ya to see where this was at. So pleased for ya man.  Guess I should stop using UBER?

And it is hard to leave the people. Companies can go straight to fucking themselves in the arse.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:44:03 AM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2019, 06:42:19 AM »
Morning folks.  RJ.  Congratulations.   Onward and upwards.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2019, 09:08:28 AM »

On one of my many 2 hour commutes between houses that I've been making the past 3 weeks, I was actually thonking of calling ya to see where this was at. So pleased for ya man.  Guess I should stop using UBER?

And it is hard to leave the people. Companies can go straight to fucking themselves in the arse.
I don't care who you use, Lyft ain't paying me. Their our client. The really cool thing is this company is in its infancy with some real talent at the helm, there's some serious growth potential in a very healthy market.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2019, 06:41:24 PM »
Good evening guys

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2019, 07:16:54 PM »
Howdy
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
Whats good axe?