Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 288398 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4480 on: December 05, 2022, 12:04:54 PM »
I don't have a beef with instant potatoes and when my wife makes shepards pie I prefer the instant potatoes.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #4481 on: December 05, 2022, 12:06:54 PM »
I haven't had instant potatoes in a long time, but I never had much problem with them.

My eldest daughter referred to them as "magic taters" when she was wee little.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4482 on: December 05, 2022, 02:48:11 PM »
Don't think I've ever tried instant potatoes.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4483 on: December 05, 2022, 02:50:27 PM »

Another reason to come to the States!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4484 on: December 05, 2022, 02:51:32 PM »

:lol  Nice.  I don't know if we even have those here.  I'll have to look at the shops on the weekend.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4485 on: December 07, 2022, 06:30:01 PM »
Does anyone ever buy themselves something for Christmas and then wrap it and put it under their tree, just so they have an additional gift to open on Christmas morning? Or is that just a me thing?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4486 on: December 08, 2022, 03:21:50 AM »
Does anyone ever buy themselves something for Christmas and then wrap it and put it under their tree, just so they have an additional gift to open on Christmas morning? Or is that just a me thing?

Do you still act surprised when you open it?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4487 on: December 08, 2022, 07:16:20 AM »

Well, I do buy myself presents for Christmas, but I don't bother with the wrapping...  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4488 on: December 08, 2022, 07:17:05 AM »

:lol  Nice.  I don't know if we even have those here.  I'll have to look at the shops on the weekend.

For all our faults, coming to the States for the instant potatoes is like going on a date with Margot Robbie because she wears nice watches. 

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4489 on: December 08, 2022, 07:18:08 AM »
I like to lie down under the Christmas tree, so the family knows I'm truly a gift.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4490 on: December 08, 2022, 07:23:09 AM »
Speaking of Christmas gifts, it gets harder and harder every year for me to know what to gift my SO. I still have no idea what to get her this year, and it makes it worse that our anniversary is just a few days before Christmas, so it's double the work.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4491 on: December 08, 2022, 07:47:38 AM »
Speaking of Christmas gifts, it gets harder and harder every year for me to know what to gift my SO. I still have no idea what to get her this year, and it makes it worse that our anniversary is just a few days before Christmas, so it's double the work.

Me too; for anniversaries, though I usually go to the sites that have the "anniversary gifts by year" info; lot's of good hints there if you're even moderately creative (and I think you are).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4492 on: December 08, 2022, 08:45:34 AM »
I just realized there was no forum secret santa this year?  I know I had to back out of last years because of business travel, and sadly, would have had to do the same this year for the same reason, but kind of sucks if a forum tradition has died.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4493 on: December 08, 2022, 08:48:55 AM »
I just realized there was no forum secret santa this year?  I know I had to back out of last years because of business travel, and sadly, would have had to do the same this year for the same reason, but kind of sucks if a forum tradition has died.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=57794.0
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4494 on: December 08, 2022, 08:52:27 AM »

There is one, just not many participants this year.

Me too; for anniversaries, though I usually go to the sites that have the "anniversary gifts by year" info; lot's of good hints there if you're even moderately creative (and I think you are).
Yeah I used different websites for Ideas (mainly Etsy, Uncommon Goods and other anniversary gift sites). It just get's harder as the years go by.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4495 on: December 08, 2022, 08:52:46 AM »

We just buy joint gifts for stuff like that, things that enhance the relationship or provide value for both of us. Kitchen Aid mixers, power washer, operas at The Met, dinner trips on old trains, Random weekends away... stuff like that. We set a limit of $100 for personal gifts, usually just little things like socks or whatever mundane stuff we hate shopping/paying for, and then we go halvsies on something for the two of us.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4496 on: December 08, 2022, 08:56:08 AM »

damn, how did I miss this?  I mean, like I said, I have to travel for the next two weeks so I wasn't going to participate, but I totally never saw this until now.  I even looked before I posted!  :lol I must be losing it.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4497 on: December 08, 2022, 09:25:03 PM »

Do you still act surprised when you open it?

No, but my family does, because they didn't know anything about it.

When my wife's family is with us for Christmas, which they usually are, opening gifts on Christmas morning is an arduous task. We go one at a time, and the kids get a ton of gifts from aunts and uncles. After 5 or so gifts I am done, and the kids have several rounds to go. So I started to give myself gifts to open, to keep myself in the rotation and stave off boredom.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4498 on: December 09, 2022, 05:17:20 AM »
Now that is how you do 'mercan consumerism right there, bucko. :clap:
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #4499 on: December 09, 2022, 07:50:17 PM »
 :metal :millahhhh :metal
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4501 on: December 09, 2022, 09:01:34 PM »
Haha! Don't think I am just buying something to have something to open on Christmas morning. They are things I legitimately want, and just hold off buying until Christmas.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4502 on: December 12, 2022, 06:07:45 AM »
My Dad fell last night.  Too weak to stand.  My brother was at his house until 1:30am.  Then I see him on the floor this morning. Ugh.  My brother is back there now.  Think we are having him go to the hospital.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4503 on: December 12, 2022, 06:17:56 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that King, keep us posted about your Dad!

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4504 on: December 12, 2022, 06:37:27 AM »
Damn man... that's not good.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4505 on: December 12, 2022, 06:57:59 AM »
Thinking about you and your family, King. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4506 on: December 12, 2022, 07:03:17 AM »
We think he's sick which made him weak.  When he's weak, he can't stand up.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4507 on: December 12, 2022, 08:24:21 AM »
My Dad fell last night.  Too weak to stand.  My brother was at his house until 1:30am.  Then I see him on the floor this morning. Ugh.  My brother is back there now.  Think we are having him go to the hospital.

Hopefully he didn't break anything.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4508 on: December 12, 2022, 09:08:07 AM »
They are doing X Ray and a cat scan.  He seems ok to them. 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4509 on: December 12, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »
They are doing X Ray and a cat scan.  He seems ok to them.

Good!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4510 on: December 12, 2022, 03:09:28 PM »
That sucks to hear Joe, hope he recovers quickly.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4511 on: December 12, 2022, 03:53:42 PM »
Dad has slight pneumonia.  Also has a UTI.  They don't have a fucking room for him and might be in the emergency room hallway all fucking night. They wouldn't let me in. Because my brother was there and only 1 visitor a day. They wouldn't let us switch.

I'm fucking pissed.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4512 on: December 12, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »
That's an absolute fucking joke.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4513 on: December 12, 2022, 03:59:42 PM »
Dad has slight pneumonia.  Also has a UTI.  They don't have a fucking room for him and might be in the emergency room hallway all fucking night. They wouldn't let me in. Because my brother was there and only 1 visitor a day. They wouldn't let us switch.

I'm fucking pissed.

That is fucked.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4514 on: December 12, 2022, 07:02:42 PM »
What was the reasoning?