Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289114 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #4095 on: June 28, 2022, 03:00:12 PM »
Chad, you should show Kade the warm water thrown in the air crystalizing right away video you made a few years ago.

That assumes I still have it somewhere - or know how to find it.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4096 on: June 28, 2022, 03:23:44 PM »
I figured it was saved to Google. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4097 on: June 28, 2022, 07:52:49 PM »
Chad, you should show Kade the warm water thrown in the air crystalizing right away video you made a few years ago.

Is this a video of Chad peeing?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4098 on: June 28, 2022, 07:54:04 PM »

Is this a video of Chad peeing?

That will not get him any flow points if Puppies' roulette, that's for sure.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4099 on: June 28, 2022, 07:56:06 PM »
 :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4100 on: June 29, 2022, 04:27:21 AM »

It was boiled water. They took it outside,  tossed it in the air and it crystallized in an instant!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4101 on: July 01, 2022, 09:23:24 PM »
Just caught RJ on a live YouTube feed of Nemophila!! :metal

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4102 on: July 23, 2022, 06:52:57 PM »
I hate unpredictable weather  >:(

Drove 2 hours to do some stargazing/Astrophotography tonight. Weather where I am was supposed to be a nice 75 and clear skies. I get here and it's mostly cloudy, yet the app still says it's not cloudy  :tdwn hoping it clears up in the next hour or so
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4103 on: July 24, 2022, 08:23:52 PM »
Weather apps are notoriously and consistently wrong. Meteorology is a hoax.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4104 on: July 25, 2022, 03:41:12 AM »

I'm not disagreeing because my profession revolves around weather but tell me more.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4105 on: July 25, 2022, 05:06:15 AM »

I'm not disagreeing because my profession revolves around weather but tell me more.

I was mostly being facetious, because the only thing these weather apps seem to get right on a regular basis is the temperature.  When/how much rain (or snow in the winter) is going to come is wildly inaccurate.  I can't tell you how often it will call for a high chance of rain within the next 24 hours, and nothing comes.  Plus, I have two weather apps on my phone (Weather Canada, and Weather Network), and they often say different things.  Plus, what's the consequence of being wrong in that industry?  Whoopsie, sorry.  :dunno:

The only time they seem to regularly get it right is when a huge ass storm is already developed, and already moving in this direction.  Literally just last weekend, our town was forecasted to get 10mm of rain overnight one day early last week.  The tail end of the storm dissipated a little, and we got virtually nothing.  This happens all the time.  Another day a couple weeks back, I woke up and it said 90% chance of rain at 10am, and then rain comes at 6pm.

So I joke that meteorology is a hoax.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4106 on: July 25, 2022, 05:18:31 AM »
Mate, trust me, they get it wrong all the fucking time.  Agree, temperature is usually pretty good but cloud cover, rain, storms, no fucking chance.

I used to try and look forward to long range forecasts to help with rostering a little but gave up on that a few years ago.  Would used to roster a little less staff at times the forecasts said rain, the amount of times you don't get a single drop and a sunny hot day.  Fucking jokers.

Yeah, so do they get fired for being wrong all the time?  WTF?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4107 on: July 25, 2022, 06:15:26 AM »
I'm a weather junkie, of sorts; it's the only thing I consistently watch on the news.  I switch between Rachel Frank on the local Fox station and Ryan Hanrahan on the local NBC station.  Both are EXCELLENT.   BUT, I've noticed in recent years that both have scaled back their predictions wildly, especially in the face of storms and precipitation.  We get the typical "it's going to be warm on Saturday!" and they're usually in the ballpark, but when it comes to heavy thunderstorms (which my area is prone to) and heavy snow, sometimes they won't make narrow predictions until the day before.  So we'll get the sort of vague bands "0-4" near the shore, 4-8" across the I-84 corridor, and 8+" in the north west hills, but we're looking closely at this, so stay tuned!"  Sometimes the bands are 6" each, not 4".   I don't know; for me, being six inches off your prediction is a pretty big differential.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4108 on: July 25, 2022, 06:18:55 AM »
I'm a weather junkie, of sorts; it's the only thing I consistently watch on the news.  I switch between Rachel Frank on the local Fox station and Ryan Hanrahan on the local NBC station.  Both are EXCELLENT.   BUT, I've noticed in recent years that both have scaled back their predictions wildly, especially in the face of storms and precipitation.  We get the typical "it's going to be warm on Saturday!" and they're usually in the ballpark, but when it comes to heavy thunderstorms (which my area is prone to) and heavy snow, sometimes they won't make narrow predictions until the day before.  So we'll get the sort of vague bands "0-4" near the shore, 4-8" across the I-84 corridor, and 8+" in the north west hills, but we're looking closely at this, so stay tuned!"  Sometimes the bands are 6" each, not 4".   I don't know; for me, being six inches off your prediction is a pretty big differential.

That's what she said.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4109 on: July 25, 2022, 11:25:54 AM »
I use Astrospheric and Clear Dark Sky Chart for cloud coverage. These are usually very good with predicting cloud coverage most of the time, specially when both apps agree on the forecast. I guess Saturday was one of those days where they were wrong.

https://www.astrospheric.com/?Latitude=42.195739394643&Longitude=-74.041321569755

https://www.cleardarksky.com/c/NSLkNYkey.html

It is what it is :)

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4110 on: July 25, 2022, 02:50:10 PM »
Weather Radar apps are great for seeing weather patterns. It pretty much allows us to all be our own meteorologists, making our own weather predictions.

How humans take the weather on the news as factual, basing our plans for the day around those predictions, then we get mad when the prediction turns out not to come fruition and curse the weather (Old man yells at cloud) is pretty funny, at least to me it is. It's also funny that we then disregard the weatherman by making jokes on how they can't predict shit.

What I noticed about weather patterns though, from my own observation, is that the moon seems to have an effect on when bigger storms occur.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4111 on: July 26, 2022, 09:09:12 AM »
Weather Radar apps are great for seeing weather patterns. It pretty much allows us to all be our own meteorologists, making our own weather predictions.

How humans take the weather on the news as factual, basing our plans for the day around those predictions, then we get mad when the prediction turns out not to come fruition and curse the weather (Old man yells at cloud) is pretty funny, at least to me it is. It's also funny that we then disregard the weatherman by making jokes on how they can't predict shit.

What I noticed about weather patterns though, from my own observation, is that the moon seems to have an effect on when bigger storms occur.

Not sure if the second paragraph was directed at me because of what I said, but trust me, as someone who spends a lot of time outdoors at night, I am very aware that the weather is very unpredictable. I wasn't mad or cursing the weather, it was a general comment of a specific situation. I still had a good time even if I was expecting a cloudless sky.

Would love to hear about how you think the moon affects weather.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #4112 on: July 26, 2022, 12:55:55 PM »

Not sure if the second paragraph was directed at me because of what I said, but trust me, as someone who spends a lot of time outdoors at night, I am very aware that the weather is very unpredictable. I wasn't mad or cursing the weather, it was a general comment of a specific situation. I still had a good time even if I was expecting a cloudless sky.

Would love to hear about how you think the moon affects weather.

Oh, no. It wasn't directed at you. It's just in general, I find it funny. That's why I used The Simpsons reference, the newspaper clipping of Grandpa Abe yelling at a cloud.

And what I have noticed is that around the time of full moons, the big weather storms come in, I just started noticing when I looked at the moon when it snowed good, then noticed it was around a full moon again another time. So I try to see when a Full Moon is and see if a big storm is coming around then. I have a garden that I tend with my dad, so I do look at the moons cycles and say, well it's almost a full moon, so we may not need to water. There's also lots of cultures that base their calenders around the moon. My Hopi culture is one that does. Observing this has led me to feel more connected to the knowledge of my culture, and why we based ceremonies around the cycles of the moon. For me, I feel we did these around these times to call for rain, since we knew these summer moons would produce those monsoon storms and our songs and prayers are what call that rain towards us. Then we got the Harvest Moon, which is when the wheater begins to change and the plants start to go into their dormant stages.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4113 on: July 26, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »
I go on the National Weather Service’s website. They’re usually dead on.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4114 on: August 03, 2022, 04:58:53 PM »
Well, my whole life is loaded up ina UHaul truck. Next stop, Florida.
Photobucket sucks.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4115 on: August 03, 2022, 04:59:45 PM »

Oh wow! Moving?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4116 on: August 03, 2022, 05:09:30 PM »

Oh wow! Moving?

Yeah. I took a job back in December 2020 that would ultimately involve moving down to work out of our Orlando office, I just wasn't making the move until we had successfully started going back into the office.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4117 on: August 03, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »
Good luck and have a safe journey south, you'll have to let me know the next time your up north for a concert  :yarr

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4118 on: August 03, 2022, 05:20:15 PM »
Good luck and have a safe journey south, you'll have to let me know the next time your up north for a concert  :yarr

Oh I already know when that'll be :lol I'll be back up next month for Porcupine Tree in NYC and Philly
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4119 on: August 03, 2022, 05:24:36 PM »
Oh we talked about that at the Haken show, I'll probably see you in NYC then

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4120 on: August 03, 2022, 05:48:29 PM »

Oh wow! Moving?

Yeah. I took a job back in December 2020 that would ultimately involve moving down to work out of our Orlando office, I just wasn't making the move until we had successfully started going back into the office.

Awesome. Good luck with everything!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4121 on: August 03, 2022, 05:49:23 PM »
Took this today. I swear this is not the same pic I posted a couple of months ago...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4122 on: August 03, 2022, 06:28:37 PM »
Supervisor needs to bust this kid.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #4123 on: August 04, 2022, 06:40:19 AM »

He's watching old Queen live videos on his phone, no doubt. 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4124 on: August 04, 2022, 06:52:39 AM »

He's watching old Queen live videos on his phone, no doubt.

Remix.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #4125 on: August 04, 2022, 07:18:13 AM »
Kev posting in the NFL thread.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4126 on: August 04, 2022, 07:22:18 AM »
Kev posting in the NFL thread.

I actually know what he does for a job.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4127 on: August 04, 2022, 07:24:13 AM »
For every pic that TAC assumes is a cart-gathering-slacker, I could post a couple dozen of customers actually returning them to the coral, or the signs requesting that customers do so.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4128 on: August 04, 2022, 07:46:30 AM »
My beef and I can look right at Tim on this as a Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager, it's their fault they do not do a better job with the carts in the parking lot for us to leave them around like he wants us too.  No one trust that the cart will be taken care of in minutes. Sometimes it's hours.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4129 on: August 04, 2022, 08:04:25 AM »
The shopping cart conversation will never die here, it will outlive the forum  :lol