Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 288538 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3955 on: April 14, 2022, 07:56:49 AM »
I had video call scheduled with my psychiatrist at 830. So I picked up coffee and breakfast, and enjoyed my morning alone time... In my car lmao

Nothing wrong with that, but at the same time I can see why your coworkers joke on you  :lol  Sometimes I'll chill in my car during my lunch break instead of at my desk just to get some fresh air, change of environment, or just some alone time.  Granted, Ill take my car to a different lot if I do that.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3956 on: April 26, 2022, 12:24:42 PM »
So my company has a designated gas station a few block from our station that we fill our vans up at in the evenings after our routes. It's also a chance to clean out our trash, and get things ready to "debrief" back at the station.

Anyways... Yesterday was a complete shit show. A lot of our drivers wound up up in Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara is beautiful but every town is a pain in the fucking ass, and it's a good hour drive to and hour and a half drive back (traffic). My company doesnt regularly do a lot of routes up there.

During the drive back, while in traffic, I had the van windows down and was blasting my huge "every  DT studio, live, and bootleg album on random" playlist I tend to listen to a lot now. Kept the windows down and music on full blast the entire way and pulled into a gas station full of my annoyed (at the routes we had) coworkers shooting the shit. A few of them asked me what I was listening to. I said "oh it's just Dream Theater"

And this chick, who's already a trip because she's totally anti social and not a people person but it's fun to chat with her because we totally feel the same way about hating people, pops her head out and says "oh shit. I love Dream Theater!" And asked what album I was listening to.  Apparently she got big into DT back in the mid 2000s. Totally took my by surprise... And made my day :JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3957 on: April 26, 2022, 02:00:15 PM »
DT bringing anti social people together since 1989.  LOL
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3958 on: April 26, 2022, 02:36:07 PM »
True, a very socially awkward girl who lived on my floor in my apartment in college was the one who loaned me Images and Words and Awake.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3959 on: May 04, 2022, 07:37:56 PM »
Here's hoping the jury aren't fans of SyFy Original movies because they won't be able to tell just how bad Amber Heard's acting is on the stand.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3960 on: May 05, 2022, 09:05:37 PM »
Here's hoping the jury aren't fans of SyFy Original movies because they won't be able to tell just how bad Amber Heard's acting is on the stand.

:lol I swear I have never heard :laugh: of this person before, and now she is all over my news every single day. Is this case so damn important?
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3961 on: May 06, 2022, 06:12:09 AM »

:lol I swear I have never heard :laugh: of this person before, and now she is all over my news every single day. Is this case so damn important?

To today's America it is.  What's better than fallen celebrities and the intimate details of people that you see on screen and therefore are best friends with?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3962 on: May 06, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
Go to admit though, those details are pure entertainment.  I haven't followed closely, but it's all over my tiktok feed and I usually watch because it's highly entertaining... but I do agree. This is part of today's America. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #3963 on: May 06, 2022, 08:22:31 AM »

It kinda is. She is clearly lying. The woman is a psycho and Johnny is clearly the victim here. Her winning this case is bad for both men and women.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3964 on: May 14, 2022, 12:17:29 PM »
Sitting at a bar drinking and waiting for my wings when "When I See You Smile" comes on by Bad English and holy fuck how many times is this dude gonna point at the camera.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3965 on: May 14, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »
Don't you dare dis John Waite!  Lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3966 on: May 14, 2022, 12:34:44 PM »
John Waite blows. :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3967 on: May 14, 2022, 12:36:56 PM »
He ain't missing you Tim.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3968 on: May 14, 2022, 12:37:30 PM »
He can't lie to my face.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3969 on: May 14, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »
You are his possession.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3970 on: May 14, 2022, 12:46:44 PM »
He's gonna be in tears.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3971 on: May 14, 2022, 01:08:37 PM »
Tim, you'll be back on your feet again in no time.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3972 on: May 14, 2022, 07:56:44 PM »
Sitting at a bar drinking and waiting for my wings when "When I See You Smile" comes on by Bad English and holy fuck how many times is this dude gonna point at the camera.

John Waite is a fucking douche bag asshole.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3973 on: May 14, 2022, 09:32:11 PM »

His music sucks too
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3974 on: May 14, 2022, 09:59:29 PM »

His music sucks too

Yeah, that too.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3975 on: May 14, 2022, 10:09:15 PM »
Why is Waite a douchebag?

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3976 on: May 15, 2022, 05:26:31 AM »
Because he is.  I mean, look at him....

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3977 on: May 15, 2022, 06:29:01 AM »
Lol. I've never heard bad things about him before.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3978 on: May 15, 2022, 04:19:28 PM »
Haha, I'm just being a dick.  I do hate his earring though, I must say.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3979 on: May 15, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
Shit, I had the hoop back in the day. Lol. Not that big though.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3980 on: May 15, 2022, 04:31:29 PM »
Haha, I'm just being a dick. 

I think what you really mean is...

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3981 on: May 15, 2022, 04:41:36 PM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin  Outstanding!! Perfect in fact!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3982 on: May 15, 2022, 04:43:16 PM »
 :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3983 on: May 24, 2022, 09:01:40 AM »
Nothing like starting your day but getting hit from behind while turning into the work parking lot (and even worse, that person behind me then got hit by a truck. 

I feel like this is going to be a nightmare dealing with insurance for 3 vehicles although I'm pretty sure since I got hit from behind I should be better off than the other two.  It's been a very long time since I had to deal with an auto accident.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3984 on: May 24, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
Nothing like starting your day but getting hit from behind while turning into the work parking lot (and even worse, that person behind me then got hit by a truck. 

I feel like this is going to be a nightmare dealing with insurance for 3 vehicles although I'm pretty sure since I got hit from behind I should be better off than the other two.  It's been a very long time since I had to deal with an auto accident.

You should be fine. Just be sure to get the police report.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3985 on: May 24, 2022, 09:12:17 AM »

Just a pain in the ass to deal with the insurance, getting repairs, ect.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3986 on: May 24, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
Yup, police report will be ready in 3 to 5 days.  Just a pain. Even though the lady behind me was definitely a bit at fault, and the truck behind her even worse, I feel bad for the lady because she took the brunt of the accident having both the front and back of her car damaged and she said she was experiencing chest pains so the ambulance came for her.  The truck really destroyed the back of her rav4 too.  I think myself being in the front of the accident and only taking the damage to the back corner will have it easiest with insurance, but I'm sure this is going to be a nightmare to deal wtih.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3987 on: May 24, 2022, 04:06:26 PM »
yeah, those situations are always just a total pain in the ass.  At least you're not at fault at all.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3988 on: May 25, 2022, 06:32:21 AM »
Sorry, Marc; I hope you're okay.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3989 on: May 25, 2022, 08:07:20 AM »
Yeah I'm fine, just an annoyance and with vacation next week I may not be able to get that police report for a bit so it's going to be on my mind all next week likely.