Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 289878 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3745 on: February 12, 2022, 01:09:18 PM »
Stads, your inbox is full.

Cleared.

Look what your full inbox did to the forums.

He not only cleared his inbox, but he cleared the forums.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3746 on: February 12, 2022, 05:29:21 PM »
Stads has the power in his words.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3747 on: February 12, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
 :rollin

noticed the forums were down last night too, glad Stadler wiped his inbox

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3748 on: February 12, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
Was totally crushing this site.😆
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3749 on: February 12, 2022, 06:07:50 PM »
I was going to ask you guys on Facebook this morning what happened and then...I remembered...
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3750 on: February 12, 2022, 06:09:09 PM »
Then you'd see us shitting on you even more than we do on DTF.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3751 on: February 12, 2022, 06:13:10 PM »

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3752 on: February 12, 2022, 07:09:26 PM »
It took me six hours to delete all that text.  The forum needed a cigarette after.   :)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3753 on: February 12, 2022, 07:19:09 PM »
Thankfully, your DTF wives are here to remind you. Lol

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3754 on: February 13, 2022, 12:28:20 AM »
Cramming for my Linux midterm.

I really hate Linus Torvalds right now.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3755 on: February 15, 2022, 01:28:06 PM »
Speaking of being alive...

I'm alive. Just lurking occasionally. Work has been kicking my ass
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3756 on: February 15, 2022, 01:30:00 PM »
I'm glad you're alive Jay! How do you like work? Aside from the ass kicking

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3757 on: February 15, 2022, 01:44:16 PM »
I'm glad you're alive Jay! How do you like work? Aside from the ass kicking

I love it. (for those who don't know... I now work as a driver for an Amazon Delivery Service Partner- known as a DSP... All Amazon deliveries go through contract companies, UPS, USPS, their contract partners whom drive the blue prime vans, etc)

The company I work for is the smallest of the 5 working out of our delivery station. The owner seems to actually give a shit about his employees. The management between the owner and the bottom of the barrel drivers are all really cool too, and actually give a damn. The pay could be better... Less than I was making in security as a manager, but so much less stress.

Most of my issues come from Amazon themselves and their awful routing / stop order (which we have to follow to a point), and the lack of logic in their route sizing... Since it's all done with bullshit algorithms. Like for example, my normal route (which is known as one of the worse routes my company gets) has me split between 3 parts of town. Sometimes it includes a pain in the ass apartment complex on one side, and a beach community with narrow dead end roads leading into the sand on their other. Turning around / backing out of these streets take way more time than Amazon's stupid algorithm predicts it will... But my company itself understands and gives me zero shit for anything.

Plus... I've lost at least 44 lbs since I started in Sept, per my doctor's scale.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3758 on: February 15, 2022, 01:49:40 PM »
Double post. Sorry mods :JayOctavarium:

I've also been seeing a therapist and a psych regularly, and actually started taking Adderall (after trying non stimulants and what not) along with antidepressants and honestly... I feel fucking normal for the first time in my life. It's amazing to be able to get up, take care of shit, work, not feel like a complete waste of space and flesh.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3759 on: February 15, 2022, 01:53:31 PM »
Jay that's awesome, reading your posts literally put a big smile on my face! So wait, are the blue trucks not owned by Amazon?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3760 on: February 15, 2022, 02:00:24 PM »
Good to hear things are going well Jay  :yarr

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3761 on: February 15, 2022, 02:05:13 PM »
I want to see pictures of you in your Amazon shorts baby.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3762 on: February 15, 2022, 02:17:36 PM »
Jay that's awesome, reading your posts literally put a big smile on my face! So wait, are the blue trucks not owned by Amazon?

So basically to avoid liability and unionizing, all "prime" deliveries are through contract companies. We wear Amazon uniforms. We drive Amazon branded vehicles that the contract companies lease through Amazon. All specced out by Amazon. All branded vehicles also use 2 different driver tracking / safety systems... All vans use eMentor, which tracks acceleration, g force, etc via the OBD port and an app on a phone. Most also have these really annoying AI cameras that will record clips and send them to your dispatch if it senses you being distracted (phone, etc) or like... Seatbelts off, speeding, red light / stop sign violations, etc. Most of the larger vehicles (step vans and the stupid van / box truck hybrids they developed to circumvent DOT regulations, called CDVs) only have the cameras.

A lot of companies have just as many or even more unbranded vehicles as the blue vans though. Both owned by the companies or rentals. Those still require us to use the stupid app on the phone to track safe driving. My company has 33 vans. 5 are branded stepvans, 2 are the new CDVs, 12 branded 2020 Ford Transits, 8 branded 2019 Transits, 1 Branded Ram (RIP. 2021. Had 6k miles on it and was wrecked by a new driver. My favorite van. It's been in the shop for months), and 2 unbranded smaller Ram vans we use for rural areas. My numbers may be off so take it with a grain of salt lol.

But yea. We aren't Amazon employees but Amazon has control over all aspects of the job. They can call my company and permaban anyone from delivering at any time, essentially firing them. They control the minimum wage at each station. They have super high metrics they want companies to meet to get priority in route numbers... It's a complete shit show. I like my company, owner, management (I even may totally have a work crush on one of my managers... Shhhhhh. It's nothing though lol). Most of my coworkers are cool... But Amazon itself sucks.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3763 on: February 15, 2022, 02:21:14 PM »

Lmfao.

I just went down a size. I need to show off a little :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3764 on: February 15, 2022, 02:26:30 PM »

Lmfao.

Go down two sizes and showoff that bulge to your work crush.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3765 on: February 15, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »

Lmfao.

Go down two sizes and showoff that bulge to your work crush.

I probably could go down one more size but I'm worried about gaining some of the weight back.

And she's got a cool yet big black military boyfriend.... (And I'm still in my relationship) so I don't wanna play with that fire :rollin

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3766 on: February 18, 2022, 08:58:27 AM »
It's a year to the day we lost our little furry boy Harry.  The pictures hurt to see in my Facebook memories today.  Love that little guy.  His sister (From the same litter) is going strong.  She'll be 18 in April.

Down 26 pounds.  Way ahead of the doctor's schedule.  They had me losing 12 pounds by now.  Adding some exercise now too.  Keep moving forward.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3767 on: February 18, 2022, 09:12:41 AM »
That sounds great, Joe! (The exercise bit).
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3768 on: February 18, 2022, 09:18:01 AM »
Sorry about the anniversary.

Awesome about the weightloss!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3769 on: February 18, 2022, 09:18:50 AM »
Sorry about the anniversary.

Awesome about the weightloss!

this, keep up the good work

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3770 on: February 18, 2022, 09:25:26 AM »
It's a year to the day we lost our little furry boy Harry.  The pictures hurt to see in my Facebook memories today.  Love that little guy.  His sister (From the same litter) is going strong.  She'll be 18 in April.

Down 26 pounds.  Way ahead of the doctor's schedule.  They had me losing 12 pounds by now.  Adding some exercise now too.  Keep moving forward.

Proud of you.   Good to hear! 

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3771 on: February 18, 2022, 09:27:05 AM »

That’s good to hear Joe.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3772 on: February 18, 2022, 09:32:33 AM »

:heart

I'm going to join you, brotha. Picked up my rec center annual pass yesterday. I will start my new exercise regimen tomorrow morning at 5:00 am. Half hour of cardio to warm up, followed by a half hour of light weight training. I'm going to start with legs, and go from there. If I can drop 20 lbs by May, I'll be very happy. I think it's doable.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3773 on: February 19, 2022, 12:50:35 AM »
Let's all get skinny!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3774 on: February 19, 2022, 07:00:05 AM »
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3775 on: February 19, 2022, 02:02:21 PM »
I just started the process to get certified for the larger vehicles at work. I may even start the training tomorrow :JayOctavarium:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3776 on: February 19, 2022, 03:48:57 PM »
Great update Jay, and thank you for the detailed breakdown on the vans and such.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3777 on: February 21, 2022, 03:28:19 PM »
Great update Jay, and thank you for the detailed breakdown on the vans and such.

Haha no problem. I tend to obsess over stupid details like that.  Funny enough, my knowledge of shit actually helped me get a nice easy day today.

I finished my videos for the step van training this morning, and was chosen by our fleet manager to help him drop off and pick up various vans at a couple shops, which killed a few hours. Now I'm o out sweeping (taking packages off of people with heavier routes or who're running behind). Literally just parked a stop on someone's itinerary eating my lunch while I wait for her to show up

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3778 on: February 22, 2022, 06:40:38 AM »
Great to hear people getting healthier. It's been almost a year since my wakeup call and I feel better than I've felt in years.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3779 on: February 23, 2022, 06:21:24 AM »
Stadler, your inbox is full again.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk