Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 290262 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3570 on: September 26, 2021, 03:25:52 PM »
Day 2 of driving a route..

Yesterday went smooth....if you ignore the flat tire.

Today I'm already getting more organized and moving packages a lot quicker. They've had me delivering in a part of a town that I basically spent half my life in while growing up... Which is a blessing and a curse. Blessing is knowing my way around. The curse is the narrow as fuck roads, most dead end... Making a 25 point turns in a full sized van is a pain...

And the other curse is the fact that is definitely a bad neighborhood. Definitely not kosher to leave the van unlocked while running packages go doors.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3571 on: September 26, 2021, 05:41:08 PM »
:JayOctavarium:  :adami:

lmao the amount of writers and producers on Kanye's new album is hilarious. Genius my arse. #Kanye :lolpalm:

How can it be a Kanye West album if 10 people wrote each track ?

How can it be a JLB solo album if he didn't write the songs?  :lol

It's Jeen-Yuhs,  :lol

Rap music is an entirely different musical machine. It is not the same formula or process that is used with any other form of music. EDM, I would also consider a different, literal, musical machine. Writing and Producing a song is different, making a rap album includes a group unit. A family, you could say. Within this family, each person has their own thing they incorporate within the group that benefits the group. It's how you have G-Unit, Wu Tang Clan, G-Money, and the creation of labels such as Death Row Records.

Wu Tang Clan has a lot of affiliates within their family or Crew, known as the Wu Fam.

What I find Genius about his new album is that he went and collaborated with DaBaby and Marilyn Manson...When I saw that while looking up the album on Wiki, I just had to laugh and say, man that guy is a genius. Doesn't mean he is a wise genius though.  :lol
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3572 on: September 26, 2021, 06:28:34 PM »

Today I'm already getting more organized and moving packages a lot quicker. They've had me delivering in a part of a town that I basically spent half my life in while growing up... Which is a blessing and a curse. Blessing is knowing my way around. The curse is the narrow as fuck roads, most dead end... Making a 25 point turns in a full sized van is a pain...

And the other curse is the fact that is definitely a bad neighborhood. Definitely not kosher to leave the van unlocked while running packages go doors.

Are you driving one of those mercedes vans?

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3573 on: September 26, 2021, 06:34:56 PM »
Making a 25 point turns in a full sized van is a pain...

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3574 on: September 26, 2021, 08:45:30 PM »
I guess this has also become the informal job thread.

So since where I work is falling apart (university counseling center), and we're down to me and one other psychologist, who has already accepted a job elsewhere after this semester, I was left wondering what to do. I was offered a position at a hospital with a 17k pay increase. Not too shabby. I told the acting director here that I had offers but would prefer to stay if I could receive a promotion and pay increase to justify it. He has since largely ignored it and not gotten back to me. So today I signed the acceptance letter for the hospital to also start after this current semester ends. Hope it all goes well!

Fuck it! If they ignored you / didn't take you seriously... Their loss is ultimately your gain! Congrats!

Ended up writing back to me after I reminded them. They very politely said they couldn’t come close to paying me what I asked for.

So I guess I’ll start my new job in January. This way I still get all my vacation time.  :metal
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3575 on: September 26, 2021, 11:32:27 PM »

Are you driving one of those mercedes vans?

Most of my company's vans are Ford Transit 250 high tops. They've got a few unbranded (as in not blue and labeled Amazon) Ram Promaaters, and a couple Amazon Branded Stepvans.

Come to think of it....I don't think I've seen any Mercedes vans at my station. I think the other 4 companies at my station have mainly branded Fords, with a few branded Promasters and Stepvans.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3576 on: September 27, 2021, 08:02:09 AM »
I drive a Transit 250 for my job.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3577 on: September 27, 2021, 08:48:26 AM »
I guess this has also become the informal job thread.

So since where I work is falling apart (university counseling center), and we're down to me and one other psychologist, who has already accepted a job elsewhere after this semester, I was left wondering what to do. I was offered a position at a hospital with a 17k pay increase. Not too shabby. I told the acting director here that I had offers but would prefer to stay if I could receive a promotion and pay increase to justify it. He has since largely ignored it and not gotten back to me. So today I signed the acceptance letter for the hospital to also start after this current semester ends. Hope it all goes well!

Fuck it! If they ignored you / didn't take you seriously... Their loss is ultimately your gain! Congrats!

Ended up writing back to me after I reminded them. They very politely said they couldn’t come close to paying me what I asked for.

So I guess I’ll start my new job in January. This way I still get all my vacation time.  :metal

Sounds like this worked out perfectly, congrats on the new job.

Jay, good luck with the new job as well.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3578 on: September 28, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »
Thanks Cram!

My new short term life plan is to work here for a few years until my county opens up hiring for fire dispatch positions again... And try to get in there. They just opened and closed hiring for it... But I kind of procrastinated and missed it... Which is fine since I know I'm not mentally prepared for it yet. A current dispatcher recommended I spend the next few years getting into shape and getting mentally prepared and jump on it when it opens up again in 2-3 years.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3579 on: September 29, 2021, 04:35:17 PM »
So it’s looking like I’ll be in San Jose/San Francisco area for December like 20-28 or something (dates pending), anyone know what I can do or anyone want to hang out with a cool Jew who will always reliably disagree with Stadler?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3580 on: September 29, 2021, 06:56:38 PM »
RJ 4 the win.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3581 on: September 29, 2021, 07:32:58 PM »
You rang?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3582 on: September 30, 2021, 07:25:26 AM »
A Berkeley liberal and a cool Jew who reliably disagrees with me. That ought to be a hell of a conversation!  :)  :) :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3583 on: October 01, 2021, 08:23:43 PM »
So a few months ago, I applied to a Loss Prevention gig for an Amazon Fulfillment Center opening near me. It was a long shot, but figured why not. Decent pay, great room to grow, good benefits, and a $6k-$10k sign on bonus.

Well, I didn't hear anything back, and eventually figured I was under qualified and gave up on it And focused on other work...

Well now I have a phone interview scheduled for next Friday. It's still a long shot... But this would be amazing to land.

I feel bad, since I just started with the place I'm at, but this is an opportunity I can't pass up. I'll let my boss know sometime between now and the interview... I want to let him know the story behind it so it doesn't look like I'm trying to jump ship.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3584 on: October 02, 2021, 06:10:12 AM »
Your first priority is to yourself, not your new boss.  It would suck to jump ship so quick, but I'm sure that signing bonus will help you get over it.  Good luck Jay.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3585 on: October 02, 2021, 06:24:35 AM »
Your first priority is to yourself, not your new boss.  It would suck to jump ship so quick, but I'm sure that signing bonus will help you get over it.  Good luck Jay.

Said perfectly. Good luck Jay!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3586 on: October 02, 2021, 03:08:39 PM »
Seeing a Rush tribute band fir a second time tonight. Lotus Land.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3587 on: October 03, 2021, 07:52:26 AM »
I saw the pic on instagram, was it a good show?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3588 on: October 03, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »
Yeah, the guy that's Geddy plays and sings it all so good.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3589 on: October 03, 2021, 02:18:07 PM »
DRUMEO are doing a Neil Peart tribute with a replica of his giant Time Machine kit I think...

I'm not a fan of Rush at all but that should be a fun video.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3590 on: October 03, 2021, 02:51:21 PM »
Is someone playing the kit?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3591 on: October 04, 2021, 01:05:03 AM »
Yes - Brandon Toews

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3592 on: October 04, 2021, 07:44:27 AM »
I'll check it out!  Thanks!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3593 on: October 04, 2021, 01:46:51 PM »
Everything except Twitter takes a complete shit today... Twitter takes full advantage of it. This thread is just hilarious...

https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1445078208190291973?s=19

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3594 on: October 04, 2021, 02:04:10 PM »
Everything except Twitter takes a complete shit today... Twitter takes full advantage of it. This thread is just hilarious...

I think facebook being down is hilarious mostly because I've grown to hate facebook, but it's been down basically all day now which is actually a bit concerning on some level.  Like what happened to make it this bad?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3595 on: October 04, 2021, 02:08:55 PM »

I think facebook being down is hilarious mostly because I've grown to hate facebook, but it's been down basically all day now which is actually a bit concerning on some level.  Like what happened to make it this bad?

Facebook Whistleblower....

https://youtu.be/_Lx5VmAdZSI
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3596 on: October 04, 2021, 02:44:18 PM »

Facebook Whistleblower....

https://youtu.be/_Lx5VmAdZSI

Unrelated, but definitely a bad day for the Zucc...

Rumor I heard was Marc posted female nipples and had to zucc himself for 24 hours.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3597 on: October 06, 2021, 06:45:03 AM »
Last day before having the next 5 days off. Can't wait.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3598 on: October 06, 2021, 06:47:05 AM »

Mmmmmm. 3 more weeks at this job and then it's over. I have no intention of re-applying for next season. I'm just so fed up with it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3599 on: October 06, 2021, 07:47:52 AM »
Nice
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3600 on: October 06, 2021, 08:29:45 AM »

Mmmmmm. 3 more weeks at this job and then it's over. I have no intention of re-applying for next season. I'm just so fed up with it.

Enjoy your time off  :coolio

I need to schedule some time off myself.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3601 on: October 06, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »
I've had long weekend the last 5 weeks in a row now, I'm debating about making it 6 and taking friday off.  I still have so much PTO to use this year. Already told my boss I'd be making long weekends for most of the rest of the year since I have no real vacation plans besides spending Thanksgiving in Florida.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3602 on: October 06, 2021, 08:55:56 AM »
I've had long weekend the last 5 weeks in a row now, I'm debating about making it 6 and taking friday off.  I still have so much PTO to use this year. Already told my boss I'd be making long weekends for most of the rest of the year since I have no real vacation plans besides spending Thanksgiving in Florida.

I get Monday off for Indigenous/Columbus day, which is nice I guess
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3603 on: October 06, 2021, 08:56:55 AM »
Columbus was indigenous?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3604 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:17 AM »

I  scheduled out all my time for the rest of the year and will be rolling over 5 days into 2022 as well. I still have 4 days to burn. I'm already taking the last week of November and the last two weeks of December off as it is. I'm thinking a few three-day weekends as well.