Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 285079 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3535 on: September 16, 2021, 08:06:09 PM »
Holy fuck dude. This is absolutely terrible.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3536 on: September 16, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
A Wal Mart security employee at our DC was checking in trailers coming into the yard at the gate and was crushed between 2 trucks.  He did not survive.  This place is numb right now.  He handed me my badge to get in to the building today.  I'm beside myself right now.

Holy crap, that is beyond awful.  :( :( :(

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3537 on: September 16, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
I’m so sorry. That’s a lot. I hope you’re able to take the time you need.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3538 on: September 16, 2021, 08:36:03 PM »
Horrible. I hope it was a mere fluke and not due to negligence.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3539 on: September 16, 2021, 08:40:03 PM »
Thanks guys. I've been thinking all night about greeting him getting my badge. I just fell for those who worked with him closely.  I could see the pain on their faces.

I heard management on the walkie talkie as it all went down.  It was tough to hear.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #3540 on: September 16, 2021, 09:55:45 PM »
Holy shit man....that's just horrible. Reach out if you need to bro.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3541 on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:32 PM »
A Wal Mart security employee at our DC was checking in trailers coming into the yard at the gate and was crushed between 2 trucks.  He did not survive.  This place is numb right now.  He handed me my badge to get in to the building today.  I'm beside myself right now.

Fucking hell Joe.  :(

That's beyond horrid.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3542 on: September 17, 2021, 03:24:17 AM »
Yeah the managers at work are all " we care more about the team than we do about profit. "

Then they go out of their way to make our jobs harder. Thank F I only have one month left there. if I don't quit/get fired sooner !  :biggrin:  ;D :biggrin:

No offense, but there just seems to be so much more to that story...    ;) :) :)

ok :)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3543 on: September 17, 2021, 07:22:31 AM »
OMG that's awful!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3544 on: September 17, 2021, 07:46:53 AM »
OMG that's awful!

Wow.  I'm so sorry.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3545 on: September 17, 2021, 02:18:56 PM »

Holy shit that brutal. I'm sorry Joe!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3546 on: September 18, 2021, 07:50:35 AM »
Oh shit, that's so terrible Joe.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3547 on: September 20, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »
I'm so sorry, Joe.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3548 on: September 20, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »
Holy Fuck!

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3549 on: September 21, 2021, 04:35:26 PM »
Sad walking by the table they made for him in the hallway walking out of the building. To lose your life that way is unfathomable.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3550 on: September 23, 2021, 11:06:37 AM »
My training is all done. Met with my dispatch team yesterday for a.quick orientation, picked up my uniform, and I start my first route on Saturday. Wish me luck peeps!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3551 on: September 23, 2021, 12:28:44 PM »
Nice! :tup

Forgive me if I missed it but are you driving?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3552 on: September 23, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »
Yea.

I got hired on to deliver for Amazon.

I lucked out. Most of the DSPs (Deliver service partners- the contract companies that does the last mile deliveries in the Amazon Prime Vans) suck ass... But from what I can tell from talking to the owner, other employees, and other drivers with different DSPs, the company that I'm starting with is pretty decent.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3553 on: September 23, 2021, 03:18:18 PM »
Hey Jay, could you not leave my package out by the garage?  It puddles there and the package always soaks through. 

:) :) :) :)

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3554 on: September 23, 2021, 05:43:42 PM »
I mean...

It's better than on the roof... Right?

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3555 on: September 23, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »
I mean...

Lmao I was about to link that video and say the same thing before I saw your response lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/pte0xj/amazon_driver_accidentally_throws_package_on_roof/
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3556 on: September 23, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »
I mean...

Lmao I was about to link that video and say the same thing before I saw your response lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Wellthatsucks/comments/pte0xj/amazon_driver_accidentally_throws_package_on_roof/

I can honestly see this happening to me  :rollin

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3557 on: September 24, 2021, 06:51:30 AM »
I was just joking; maybe it's where I live, but <knock on wood> I have pretty decent luck with deliveries. 

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3558 on: September 24, 2021, 06:58:43 AM »
Our Fedex guy sucks, he will often leave packages by the garage door, even in the rain. He will also pull into the driveway sometimes leaving a nice oil spot in the driveway.

Online Adami

« Reply #3559 on: September 24, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »
I guess this has also become the informal job thread.

So since where I work is falling apart (university counseling center), and we're down to me and one other psychologist, who has already accepted a job elsewhere after this semester, I was left wondering what to do. I was offered a position at a hospital with a 17k pay increase. Not too shabby. I told the acting director here that I had offers but would prefer to stay if I could receive a promotion and pay increase to justify it. He has since largely ignored it and not gotten back to me. So today I signed the acceptance letter for the hospital to also start after this current semester ends. Hope it all goes well!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3560 on: September 24, 2021, 08:55:30 AM »

So since where I work is falling apart (university counseling center), and we're down to me and one other psychologist, who has already accepted a job elsewhere after this semester, I was left wondering what to do. I was offered a position at a hospital with a 17k pay increase. Not too shabby. I told the acting director here that I had offers but would prefer to stay if I could receive a promotion and pay increase to justify it. He has since largely ignored it and not gotten back to me. So today I signed the acceptance letter for the hospital to also start after this current semester ends. Hope it all goes well!
Congratulations!  I hope you find the new position fulfilling.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3561 on: September 24, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »

I hope it goes well for you, too!   Congratulations!

(Where is the hospital? Local to you?)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3562 on: September 24, 2021, 09:25:54 AM »

Enjoy that vacation.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online Adami

« Reply #3563 on: September 24, 2021, 09:26:46 AM »

I hope it goes well for you, too!   Congratulations!

(Where is the hospital? Local to you?)

It's in Queens, actually about 5 minutes from my current job haha.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3564 on: September 24, 2021, 09:54:14 AM »

Enjoy that vacation.

My thought exactly!  Contrats Adami
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online Adami

« Reply #3565 on: September 24, 2021, 10:02:57 AM »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3566 on: September 24, 2021, 11:16:02 AM »
Congrats!
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3567 on: September 24, 2021, 11:25:03 AM »

Congratulations! What's your work schedule look like going to a hospital?

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3568 on: September 24, 2021, 12:31:23 PM »

Fuck it! If they ignored you / didn't take you seriously... Their loss is ultimately your gain! Congrats!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3569 on: September 26, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »
:JayOctavarium:  :adami:

lmao the amount of writers and producers on Kanye's new album is hilarious. Genius my arse. #Kanye :lolpalm:

How can it be a Kanye West album if 10 people wrote each track ?