Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287899 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2019, 07:47:38 PM »
Damn... didn't make it to page 1 in time
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
FAIL
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2019, 09:05:43 AM »
Damn... didn't make it to page 1 in time

FAIL
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 09:12:58 PM »
Oh dang this thread so fresh, how it get so fresh?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2019, 05:05:35 AM »
Morning chumps and your exalted ruler Blob.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:11 AM »
New threat. Smells good.

I believe that's similar to Stockholm Syndrome.

Who's threatening you baby?

So now we know who the muscle is here at DTF.
*ahem*
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2019, 06:53:28 AM »
Morning dudes

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2019, 06:56:13 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2019, 06:57:13 AM »
New threat. Smells good.

I believe that's similar to Stockholm Syndrome.

Who's threatening you baby?

So now we know who the muscle is here at DTF.
*ahem*

Tough exterior,  bunch of kittens on the inside.

Heading to Maine to celebrate my brother and my sis in law's birthdays.   
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2019, 07:11:13 AM »
Morning dudes
Sup

Nothing much, just hungover. Yesterday was the day we found out if we are getting a bonus and raise at work and we all did really well so we went to celebrate after work. Many different varieties of alcohol were mixed.

What's good with you?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2019, 07:18:26 AM »
G'morning all.
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »
Good morning Axe

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »
Morning dudes
Sup

Nothing much, just hungover. Yesterday was the day we found out if we are getting a bonus and raise at work and we all did really well so we went to celebrate after work. Many different varieties of alcohol were mixed.

What's good with you?
Pulling a few hours in the office this morning to help test phone system upgrades.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2019, 02:28:34 PM »
I assume XJ named this thread specifically to upset me.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Photobucket sucks.

Online ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2019, 06:50:25 AM »
What was supposed to be a relaxing night turned into a mess. I was just about to go to bed when I heard my work phone buzz. I had this feeling that I should check it so I did. We had a server go down last night so I stayed up trying to get it running. I would've been called if I hadn't checked my phone but it was still a bummer. At least I get OT so that's nice.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2019, 07:26:18 AM »
That's annoying, man. At least you got OT, though!

I gotta make today productive. My comprehensive exam is due on Thursday and that determines whether I can continue on to 2nd year or not.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2019, 08:25:40 AM »
What was supposed to be a relaxing night turned into a mess. I was just about to go to bed when I heard my work phone buzz. I had this feeling that I should check it so I did. We had a server go down last night so I stayed up trying to get it running. I would've been called if I hadn't checked my phone but it was still a bummer. At least I get OT so that's nice.

Story of my life  :lol No one will be in our main data center this week as I travel, and of course Friday night at 5:30pm as I am getting ready to leave we have some devices shit the bed that makes me scramble to try to still save my friday night.  It wasn't that bad, but this is definitely the downfall of an IT job.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »
Word up fools.  Getting caught up on my email with some bourbon, by the fire while watching the snow. And by "catching up on my email", I apparently mean "dicking around on DTF".

What I learned this weekend: watching The Great British Baking Show while high is awesome.

Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »
Word up fools.  Getting caught up on my email with some bourbon, by the fire while watching the snow. And by "catching up on my email", I apparently mean "dicking around on DTF".

What I learned this weekend: watching The Great British Baking Show while high is awesome.

A group of friends and myself will sometimes end the stressful week watching this. I imagine it's even better when you're high!

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2019, 07:13:29 PM »
Good evening all. Drinking beer and playing Apex legends for now, probably will switch to watching TV soon.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »
This is going to be a fun day, traveling to Amsterdam via Toronto first and my flight out of newark is already delayed and cutting it real close to my transfer time.  I'm hoping since its actually really nice out, that these planes can play catch up from last night in the next few hours so I don't get stuck in Canada.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2019, 08:14:28 AM »
Fun or business Marc?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
business

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 09:05:08 AM »
G'morning all. Working at home on account of the snow, always makes for a more relaxed day.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 09:28:22 AM »
Sweeet, got my flight to Toronto changed to an earlier one so should make my layover a non issue now  :metal although that means I need to leave my house.... now

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 02:06:43 PM »
so got to the airport at 12:30 for my 220 flight to toronto, and turns out my travel agency didnt actually get me on the new flight.  Even though I got a confirmation and everything, it turns out the flight was full and they rejected my flight change.  Great, and then they put me back on my original flight and said wait and see.  Well, that flight got more delays, and then went to the point where it was going to land after my connecting flight takes off.  So the United app said change your flight, I checked and it said there was no flight to change to.  Great.  I speak to a United agent who tells me to wait another hour before they try to put me on the direct flight to Amsterdam.... the flight my booking agency wouldn't allow me to take because it was too expensive.  Well I call the agency and after an hour on hold, they got me onto that flight and in business class too, which was what I was supposed to fly on my Toronto to Amsterdam flight.  So now with that boarding pass I can wait in the united lounge with free food and booze until my direct flight in the first row.  The guy said I was so lucky that seat opened up right when he was looking because it wasnt there when we first started trying to get me on the flight.  So annoyed to be spending me afternoon in EWR but it seems to have worked out.  Now I think my stress levels should go down since this is settled. 

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2019, 01:00:23 AM »
.... and I made it to work in Amsterdam... before my coworker who lives here  :lol thanks for tuning into travels with cramx3 what a nightmare yesterday almost was.  Luckily my flight was awesome and I watched Bohemian Rhapsody with my ice cream sunday in business class before getting a couple hours sleep. Thought the movie was pretty good.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 06:18:01 AM »
 :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »
CramX Style Vlog when?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2019, 01:37:29 AM »
I've made vlogs before but this is a work trip so I've got nothing worth filming.  I guess not totally true, some people might be interesting in these crazy servers we are installing with their insane amount of high speed storage and 100G network uplinks per 2RU server and how we configure the port channel for 8x 100G to our spine switch, but that doesn't really work with my channel of yelling at kids playing video games and metal concerts.

Although... we busted ass and got ahead of ourselves so that if nothing fails, Friday night should be light enough for me to get out at a normal time and drive across the Netherlands to catch Kamelot and Evergrey in some small town near Germany.  :metal :metal now that I would vlog

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2019, 10:40:50 AM »
Good Morning  (and afternoon to those in the future... evening to Cram?)

It's been pouring here today... the rain totally puts me in the mood for some Moody Blues. :JayOctavarium:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »
It only rains in Amsterdam it seems.  Always so dark and dreary here, I guess that's why they have legalized prostitution and marijuana to help people to deal with this consistent dreary weather. And yup its evening, 7pm out here.  Good afternoon or morning.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 11:46:36 AM »
I've never been there.  So it's a European Seattle from your description.