Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287846 times)

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3465 on: September 02, 2021, 04:25:39 PM »
I saw on the news that on top of the flooding, there were 2 houses destroyed by fire.

I think the death count is up to 25 between NY and NJ.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3466 on: September 02, 2021, 05:00:28 PM »
NJ is saying 23 alone for the state, crazy.  Seems the deaths were worse here than Louisiana although the power outages down there are much worse. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3467 on: September 02, 2021, 05:03:20 PM »
The story about the guy being killed by an alligator in Louisiana is sick.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3468 on: September 02, 2021, 09:31:13 PM »
Nap lovers unite!

The highlight of my last job was when I would take my afternoon 15 minute break, head to the cafeteria, which was by then nearly empty, put my head down on a table, and crash.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3469 on: September 03, 2021, 02:30:52 AM »
I'm not one of those people who can 'just have a quick nap'.

Even when i'm exhausted and in my super comfy bed with all fresh sheets etc etc I still just lie there for an hour.

If anything the more shattered i am the harder it is to fall asleep.

Ah, life. You sick fuck.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3470 on: September 03, 2021, 05:48:26 AM »
Nap lovers unite!

*high five*

"I love a good nap. Sometimes it's the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning."

I had a day at work about six months ago or so where I didn't sleep great the night before and just had a splitting headache all morning that felt like it was getting worse. By the time it was time for lunch, I wanted to run through a wall head first.  So I went home and literally crawled in bed under the covers for 30 minutes (set my phone alarm so I would wake up in time to get back to the office) and when I woke up the headache was totally gone and I felt great.  So weird. So yeah, yay naps.  :coolio :coolio

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3471 on: September 03, 2021, 06:07:26 AM »
Nap lovers unite!

*high five*

"I love a good nap. Sometimes it's the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning."

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3472 on: September 06, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »
Rap Music is fucking dreadful and the worst genre of 'music' by a fucking light millennia.

But at least rappers are all dissing each other instead of focusing on their 'music'.  :hat

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:46:25 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3473 on: September 06, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »
My issue with rap comes from the lyrical content and the lack of creativity in most of it, both musically and lyrically.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3474 on: September 06, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
It's one guy talking over a backing track for the most part.

I like 'rapping' when it's mostly featured in Electronic Dance Music such as The Prodigy.

I cannot bear absolute shit like 50 Cent or Drake. Where it's literally just going " fuck you bitch imma kill you bitch what waht what uh uh uh fuck you bitch "

over a drum machine. And people go fucking mental for it.

The lack of musical ability and plagiarism is shocking. When whats his name died and Puffy Daddy made that Every Breath You Take rip off..

i thought Great.. .what a way to honour your friend who was murdered..." here you go... me just talking over a song I didn't write. "

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3475 on: September 06, 2021, 01:44:26 PM »
I laugh when I see pictures of rappers in a recording studio sat in front of a 64 channel desk. :lolpalm:

What you need one channel for vocals and 63 for the backing track you stole ?

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #3476 on: September 06, 2021, 03:29:05 PM »
You completely do not understand the genre of Rap. Which is not about the genre itself. Rap is part of the Hip-Hop culture, which includes some basic principals such as Rap.

I'll let Dead Prez explain...

One thing 'bout music, when it's real, they get scared
Got us slavin' for the welfare
Ain't no food, clothes, or healthcare
I'm down for guerilla warfare
All my niggas, put your guns in the air if you really don't care
Skunk in the air
Make a nigga wanna buck in the air for my brother
Locked up in the jump for a year
Shit is real out here, don't believe these videos
This fake-ass industry, gotta pay to get a song on the radio
Really though, DP's gon' let you know
It's just a game of pimps and hoes
And it's all about who you know
Not who we are or how we grow
I rap 'bout what I know, what I go through
What I been through, not just for no dough
Even though the rent due, what I'm into ain't for no dough
Or just more fame
Everything must change, nothin' remains the same
Sick of the same ol' thang, it's bigger than bling-bling

[Chorus]
If I feel it, I feel it, if I don't, I don't
If it ain't really real, then I probably won't
Rollin' with my soldiers, live soldiers, ready to ride
For this real hip hop, y'all, I'm ready to die, uh
Hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (What?) hop (What?)
Hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (What?) hop (What? Come on, come on)
My soldiers, live soldiers, ready to ride

[Verse 2]
Hip hop means sayin' what I want, never bitin' my tongue
Hip hop means teachin' the young
If you're feelin' what I'm feelin', then you hearin' what I'm sayin'
'Cause these fake, fake records just keep on playin'
What you sayin'? Huh? DP bringin' the funk
Let the bassline rattle your trunk, uh
Punk pig with a badge wanna handcuff me
'Cause my pants is tendin' to sag
Hip hop means throw up your rag, soldier flag
If you're ridin' on the bus or you stole a Jag'
M-1 mean freedom, burn the cash
Revolutionary love 'til the day we pass
Will they play it on the radio?
Maybe not, maybe so
We gon' keep it pumpin' though
Everybody know we headed for the whoa
Fo sho

[Verse 3]
Ayy, dawg, that label is that slave ship
Owners got them whips and rappers is slaves
If you really wanna eat, you got to hear the same thing
With the football, b-ball, or if you slangin' that dope
Ain't never seen no hope, brainwash video shows be foolin' my folk
What the hell a brother gon' do though, huh?
When the rent due, when the lights and the gas finna get cut off
Drop them raps or cock them gats?
Ain't never had shit ever since we came to this bitch
Why I gotta feel pain to get rich?
'Stead of stackin' chips, finna pack them clips, boy

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
Ride to this if you miss 2Pac
Bounce to this if you love Big Poppa
Hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (What?) hop (What?)
Hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (What? Come on)
It's bigger than hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (Yeah) hop (What?)
Hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (What? Come on)
It's bigger than hip (What?) hop (Ride), hip (Ride) hop (Ride)
Hip (Live) hop (Live), hip (Bounce, come on)
It's bigger than hip (What?) hop (What?), hip (Ride) hop (Ride)
Hip (Bounce) hop (Bounce), hip (Live) hop (Come on)

[Chorus]

[Outro]
Ride to this if you miss 2Pac
Bounce to this if you love Big Poppa
We keep it crunked up (Crunked up)

Dead Prez - It's Bigger Than Hip-Hop

It's like all you guys are hearing are the "Blink 182" of the rap world, and calling it metal.  :lol
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 03:39:28 PM by Ben_Jamin »
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3477 on: September 07, 2021, 06:13:55 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a big rap fan myself, and I get not liking it (I don't) but in terms of the culture and the impact and the intent I think some of the comments here are... let's leave it at off-base.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3478 on: September 07, 2021, 07:31:57 AM »
Jesus Christ, are you honestly celebrating murder because you don't like the musical genre? I'm not going to report it, but I find any comment celebrating murder to be insanely off-putting, offensive, and just awful.

And I'm not quoting anyone since there's a good chance they will simply delete the post in question and I want them to have the chance to do that.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:46:06 AM by Adami »
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3479 on: September 07, 2021, 08:01:45 AM »
Jesus Christ, are you honestly celebrating murder because you don't like the musical genre? I'm not going to report it, but I find any comment celebrating murder to be insanely off-putting, offensive, and just awful.

And I'm not quoting anyone since there's a good chance they will simply delete the post in question and I want them to have the chance to do that.

And that is why people are fighting that kind of ignorance.

Which i fight back with education, and the best ones are from those that are Rappers and are not part of that mainstream (C)Rap.

There are Rappers who agree about those like Drake and the Mumble Rap. Also, they talk the defeminization of their men, and how the big executives want them to do things in order to be big.

Wearing dresses and that kind of stuff...

A good reason why you don't hear these artists such as Dead Prez on the radio at all.

Those lyrics talk about how it is in the rap world and why rapping is a sort of a way to give them their voice. Or it's either football, B-Ball, or slanging dope.

Now that's real right there.

I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3480 on: September 07, 2021, 10:51:22 AM »
Rap is definitely not my go-to genre (to me, it's lost some of the charm from the 80s, but I realize that is just "old man me" talking), but I don't have anything against, and there is certainly some good rap out there.

Drake, of course, is not that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3481 on: September 07, 2021, 10:37:51 PM »

I really don't give two rips about rap, but I really think literally nothing should be compared to or equated with slavery. How does that hypothetical conversation go?

Slave "I was taken away from my family and sold at an auction when I was 15, and since then I work 16 hours a day for no money in the hot sun..."
Rapper "I feel ya homey, I mean, my record contract only advanced us a couple hundred thousand for our last album..."

And if being a recording artist is so tough, go do something else. Places are hiring. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3482 on: September 08, 2021, 06:29:06 AM »

I really don't give two rips about rap, but I really think literally nothing should be compared to or equated with slavery. How does that hypothetical conversation go?

Slave "I was taken away from my family and sold at an auction when I was 15, and since then I work 16 hours a day for no money in the hot sun..."
Rapper "I feel ya homey, I mean, my record contract only advanced us a couple hundred thousand for our last album..."

And if being a recording artist is so tough, go do something else. Places are hiring.

It's not that simple my man. If it was they wouldn't be concerned about some things and issues.

But it did its job. It got you talking about slavery right?

Also, these are their relatives, their ancestors. It's like saying if you were of jewish decent, that you can't compare mistreatment to Nazi Germany. It's like saying, us natives can't compare assimilation of our people to our ancestors.

And why can't they?

To me, working for money that keeps inflating and keeps getting more difficult to basically live with all the damn debt people have, is the modern evolution of Slavery. It just has a more prettier label on it now.

But, you also do not understand the music business and what happens behind the scenes in the rap world. All of these underground rappers talk about how the music business is. They talk about how these music executives manipulated Rap and infiltrated it to become the manufactured rap you see today. Those executives knew how influential Rap is to the youth, so they corrupted it into the mainstream rap that has lyrics that only talk about Thots and their WAP.

I would highly suggest that if you want to really understand rap and it's culture and how it relates and is influential for the black community or more so the oppressed, I would NOT listen to mainstream rap, but rather search for rappers such as Dead Prez, Immortal Technique, KRS-ONE, Talib Kweli, Jedi Mind Tricks. These rappers do not subscribe to that mainstream executive music business products.

These guys understand what is in these record contracts, and what is required of them once they sign that contract. And how difficult it is to get out of that contract while not tarnishing your career as a music artist.

Rap is an art. I dare any of you to make a rap and have it mean something, from the heart, and have a good flow, with some nice poetic words.

I also highly recommend reading this book...

https://mkasante.com/books/its-bigger-than-hip-hop/

It’s Bigger Than Hip Hop takes a bold look at the rise of a generation that sees beyond the smoke and mirrors of corporate-manufactured rap and is building a movement that will change not only the face of pop culture, but the world.

MK Asante,  a passionate young poet, professor, filmmaker, and activist who represents this new movement, uses hip hop as a springboard for a larger discussion about the urgent social and political issues affecting the hip-hop and post-hip-hop generations.

Through insightful anecdotes, scholarship, revolutionary rap lyrics, personal encounters, and conversations with youth across the globe as well as icons such as Chuck D and Maya Angelou, Asante illuminates a shift that can be felt in the crowded spoken-word joints in post-Katrina New Orleans, seen in the rise of youth-led organizations committed to social justice, and heard around the world chanting “It’s bigger than hip hop.”

Here's an example of a heartfelt, from the heart, rap song with poetic lyrics....

Immortal Technique - You Never Know
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 06:34:50 AM by Ben_Jamin »

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3483 on: September 08, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »
Bam. Received and accepted a job offer this evening.

As soon as my background check comes back, I'll start with a DSP (Delivery Service Partner- an Amazon Prime delivery contractor).

It's going to be a pain in the ass, but if I last there, I am going to lose a shit ton of weight. Funny enough, out of the 3 DSPs I interviewed with recently, this was the only one where I interviewed with the OWNER, and I think he wants to make me, if I stick around, a supervisor or dispatcher eventually... which would be cool.

Dude seems to take care of his people... they're a smaller DSP... and he seems to like to try to keep his employees happy. It could be all BS... but he sold me on the company as I was selling him on me :lol

And now... I wait.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3484 on: September 08, 2021, 09:40:52 PM »
Ben, if you equate "working for money that keeps inflating and keeps getting more difficult to basically live with all the damn debt people have" to slavery, I don't know where to go with that. I just think comparing anything to slavery that isn't actually slavery is insulting to slaves. It may be demeaning, demoralizing, any number of things. I worked minimum wage jobs up till my 30s. I get it. I just cannot go so far as to use the word "slavery" anywhere near voluntarily working for a paid wage. 

I cannot speak intelligently about rap or the music business. I will defer to your knowledge on those topics.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3485 on: September 08, 2021, 11:47:21 PM »
Ben, if you equate "working for money that keeps inflating and keeps getting more difficult to basically live with all the damn debt people have" to slavery, I don't know where to go with that. I just think comparing anything to slavery that isn't actually slavery is insulting to slaves. It may be demeaning, demoralizing, any number of things. I worked minimum wage jobs up till my 30s. I get it. I just cannot go so far as to use the word "slavery" anywhere near voluntarily working for a paid wage. 

I cannot speak intelligently about rap or the music business. I will defer to your knowledge on those topics.

How can you say this when it's the descendants of the slaves making the comparisons.

Debt is actually one of the main aspects of Slavery. How else did they get the slaves to submit and keep them subdued. How else did Slaves become owned and forever indebted. Isn't the fine line of being treated as Slave Labor a reason for the formation of Labor Unions?

I think they have more of a right to compare than one that is not a slave descendant does. They are the ones whom know the stories of what happened as their ancestors whom were those very slaves passed down the tales to their children, and then it continues to the descendants we see today. I feel it's the same as how no one really has more of a right to compare the mistreatment of the jewish people by the nazi's more so than the Jewish descendants themselves.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3486 on: September 09, 2021, 06:39:33 AM »
No offense, Ben, but I kind of see Chris' point here.   I'm never one to bring in slavery as a talking point - it's simply too emotionally charged - but I'm not at all in favor of entitled people (meaning today) unhappy with their job and not willing/able to do something else whining about "slavery".  I worked many minimum- or near-minimum wage jobs (janitor, security guard, construction worker) and I can't remember one time I was physically restrained and/or beaten for my efforts.  I was able to go home after work hours and do what I pleased (within the bounds of law and my bank account).

Frankly, I'm a little tired of the trend of abdication of responsibility we see in America today; YOU not managing your money or improving your station or being aggressive enough to make ends meet is NOT your current employer/corporate America's problem.   There is a DEARTH of skilled workers in America right now and while sure, Harvard isn't free, there are programs at local community colleges all across this great land that can get you the skill set to move up the (pay) ladder.  No one said it was easy or even fun, but life isn't a reality TV show or a twitter feed.  Sometimes it's down and dirty.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3487 on: September 09, 2021, 07:13:15 AM »

How can you say this when it's the descendants of the slaves making the comparisons.

Debt is actually one of the main aspects of Slavery. How else did they get the slaves to submit and keep them subdued. How else did Slaves become owned and forever indebted. Isn't the fine line of being treated as Slave Labor a reason for the formation of Labor Unions?

With threats such as them being chained together and thrown off ships, or cutting the feet off their children and telling them the hands are next if they don't comply. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3488 on: September 09, 2021, 08:16:51 AM »
No offense, Ben, but I kind of see Chris' point here.   I'm never one to bring in slavery as a talking point - it's simply too emotionally charged - but I'm not at all in favor of entitled people (meaning today) unhappy with their job and not willing/able to do something else whining about "slavery".  I worked many minimum- or near-minimum wage jobs (janitor, security guard, construction worker) and I can't remember one time I was physically restrained and/or beaten for my efforts.  I was able to go home after work hours and do what I pleased (within the bounds of law and my bank account).

Frankly, I'm a little tired of the trend of abdication of responsibility we see in America today; YOU not managing your money or improving your station or being aggressive enough to make ends meet is NOT your current employer/corporate America's problem.   There is a DEARTH of skilled workers in America right now and while sure, Harvard isn't free, there are programs at local community colleges all across this great land that can get you the skill set to move up the (pay) ladder.  No one said it was easy or even fun, but life isn't a reality TV show or a twitter feed.  Sometimes it's down and dirty.

I agree with that, but let me tell you this...Our education is so screwed that it doesn't even teach the children basic finances such as this. These public schools in these areas are not well funded, they're not well kept, and are quite difficult to run and control the kids. These schools do not teach finances to these impoverished children that when they do get and make money, they spend it on the latest fashions, shoes, purses, hair, nails, eyelashes, and not budgeting it to use for survival.

There are people who rose from the top and many of these people are upset at the rappers for preaching this crap, and yet not using that money to help their own people by using it towards funding the education in the schools and better the community environment that does benefit the children in the long term.

As I said, I am not comparing it to Slavery. I am calling it the Modern Form of Slavery. The evolution of Slavery from being physical to being Mental Slavery. A great example of Mental Slavery is how high our mental illness is, people are becoming slaves to their mentality where it does affect their everyday lives to the point they have to take a pill to go on with their day, a slave to the mind.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"...

Also this song by Dead Prez also talks about the schools...

Dead Prez - They Schools

With threats such as them being chained together and thrown off ships, or cutting the feet off their children and telling them the hands are next if they don't comply. 

Don't forget the important Cultural Suppression.

There's many factors that are a part of the slavery. Debt is but one of them. Which all these factors combine to blend and form the picture of the history of slavery.

Queen Isabella relinquished Slavery, and yet it took a long, long, time for it to be recognized and actually dealt with.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3489 on: September 09, 2021, 08:48:59 AM »

I agree with that, but let me tell you this...Our education is so screwed that it doesn't even teach the children basic finances such as this. These public schools in these areas are not well funded, they're not well kept, and are quite difficult to run and control the kids. These schools do not teach finances to these impoverished children that when they do get and make money, they spend it on the latest fashions, shoes, purses, hair, nails, eyelashes, and not budgeting it to use for survival.

There are people who rose from the top and many of these people are upset at the rappers for preaching this crap, and yet not using that money to help their own people by using it towards funding the education in the schools and better the community environment that does benefit the children in the long term.

Well, now you're preaching to the choir.   I just went through this with my kid.  She went to a top ten ranked high school NATIONALLY, and is now on scholarship at a major university, and I had to walk through, step by step, how a checking account works and how a budget works.   Loans, interest, principal.  Same with two of my three step kids.   We were in my step son's house - he already bought it! - and his statement came in and he tossed it in the drawer.  I said pull that out, you need that, and walked him through the escrow, the principal, the interest, the equity...   why any of those kids didn't learn those things in high school is beyond me.   I just thank god I was able to explain it to him (now my step son is like an equity nazi; every payment he's figuring out how much he's earned on his investment, and plotting out how to leverage that into a property that better suits his family. For a kid who four years ago only worried about how many horsepower his e36 BMW was putting out, I'm very proud). 

I've long secretly thought that the "gap" between the wealthy and the poor wasn't JUST about earnings.  I think it's a dirty little secret, but there's an element to having to "know" how to manage/hold/have money.  There's a fantastic - and LIMITING - difference between living like a rock star AFTER you become a rock star, and living like a rock star BEFORE you become a rock star.  The latter likely precludes the former in a material way. 

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3490 on: September 09, 2021, 10:19:14 AM »

Well, now you're preaching to the choir.   I just went through this with my kid.  She went to a top ten ranked high school NATIONALLY, and is now on scholarship at a major university, and I had to walk through, step by step, how a checking account works and how a budget works.   Loans, interest, principal.  Same with two of my three step kids.   We were in my step son's house - he already bought it! - and his statement came in and he tossed it in the drawer.  I said pull that out, you need that, and walked him through the escrow, the principal, the interest, the equity...   why any of those kids didn't learn those things in high school is beyond me.   I just thank god I was able to explain it to him (now my step son is like an equity nazi; every payment he's figuring out how much he's earned on his investment, and plotting out how to leverage that into a property that better suits his family. For a kid who four years ago only worried about how many horsepower his e36 BMW was putting out, I'm very proud). 

I've long secretly thought that the "gap" between the wealthy and the poor wasn't JUST about earnings.  I think it's a dirty little secret, but there's an element to having to "know" how to manage/hold/have money.  There's a fantastic - and LIMITING - difference between living like a rock star AFTER you become a rock star, and living like a rock star BEFORE you become a rock star.  The latter likely precludes the former in a material way.

Oh yes. I see "living like a rock star before your are a rock star" consistently with the people in my community. And it has no bias either. Just look at the supposed lottery curse, which I think is that these people went out and did exactly that. Just spent without having any idea about financing and investing some of that money to generate some income.

I don't think people realize that investing in generating income is how you get rich. The more you invest, the more likely it will generate income. The Stock Market Game is one entire game of chance, It's the biggest gambling ring in the world. It's chance because you don't have control of the outcomes, you rely on the business game and system to play their game, and when their game toppples or falls, you also fall. So you need to be wise and really research and know that whatever you invest in, is steady enough to not topple or crush under it's own weight.

I don't claim to know a lot about finances and the Money Game. I don't care about that. I find it a horrible game.

What if....It's that people just do not care to play that game anymore, and are finding ways out of that game, by making their own game...with blackjack and hookers. :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3491 on: September 10, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »

Exactly. I said the same thing when I saw that Radiohead film Meeting People Is Easy and hearing how miserable every one of their album sessions were.

It's like... Go work on a checkout in a Supermarket for 40 hours a week for 1 year then you'll soon be running back to the studio.

Never seen a more entitled rockstar than Thom Yorke whos's basically a huge success at his DREAM JOB and still being a whiny miserable prick.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3492 on: September 10, 2021, 08:02:17 AM »

Exactly. I said the same thing when I saw that Radiohead film Meeting People Is Easy and hearing how miserable every one of their album sessions were.

It's like... Go work on a checkout in a Supermarket for 40 hours a week for 1 year then you'll soon be running back to the studio.

Never seen a more entitled rockstar than Thom Yorke whos's basically a huge success at his DREAM JOB and still being a whiny miserable prick.

Name me one job that is easy money?

Musicians are the hardest working people I have ever met, and they know how to cut a loss and accept failure. Many, many, many bands and musicians have tried but failed and had no choice but to become a factory worker or in the another field for money.

Most bands and musicians do have day jobs because music is not easy money. Some musicians have also left their music careers to pursue other interests of work.

A lot of bands ended up calling it a day because of the pandemic and we're already financially struggling to catch up on the losses from touring that they can't generate again. Anathema is another one.

Patty Gurdy talked with Tom Englund about mental health in the music business.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3493 on: September 10, 2021, 08:04:10 AM »
I'm not even talking about MONEY.

I'm talking about having your dream job and being incredibly successful at it ( as Radiohead are )... And still being the miserable whiny rockstar who doesnt want to do interviews

or videos etc. If you hate your DREAM JOB I cannot help you...

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #3494 on: September 10, 2021, 08:10:37 AM »
I'm not even talking about MONEY.

I'm talking about having your dream job and being incredibly successful at it ( as Radiohead are )... And still being the miserable whiny rockstar who doesnt want to do interviews

or videos etc. If you hate your DREAM JOB I cannot help you...

People can still have emotions and be miserable at their dream job. There are still things that are required of that dream job that people still don't want to deal with and do. That's where that dream job becomes miserable.

A Musician hating their dream job would include touring, playing the music to the audience, and the actual albums. IF one finds those miserable then maybe.

Also, these artists became well-known for various reasons and maybe, they are just dealing with the fact they're well-known when they didn't want to be in the first place, and have to find ways to deal and handle all that pressure and negativity that does come from the fandoms. Devin Townsend does this by playing the jester. Yet, in real life, he is calm and does seem a bit shy. That's how he was when I met him and had him sign my Epicloud bear that he had never seen at all until I had him sign it.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3495 on: September 10, 2021, 08:11:12 PM »
Thom Yorke has never struck me as being miserable or whiny.  Just because he is a famous, successful rock star doesn't mean the public is entitled to countless interviews or him to always put on a happy face.   Some people are born to be in the spotlight and embrace it and live it up.  Some are not.  People are different.  Write it down.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3496 on: September 11, 2021, 08:19:54 AM »
Bam. Received and accepted a job offer this evening.

That's awesome. I listened to a recent podcast about people working at amazon and I heard the same thing about the weight loss :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3497 on: September 11, 2021, 08:25:52 AM »
It's become increasingly obvious at work they care 100% about profit and 0% about team.

Putting a notice on the corkboard saying " Thanks for all your hard work ! We appreciate you all ! " and then going out of your way to make our

jobs harder... Words don't mean fuck all. There is no way i'm gonna go back to this job after this season has finished in October.

I've already had 3 jobs call me back. We shall see. I'd rather be on Welfare than go back there.

The reason i'm gonna try stick it out til October is - i've not taken any days off this year and maybe 2 sick days. They owe me an entire season of holiday pay.

So I just need to grin and bear it for just a few more weeks and collect an entire year of holiday pay. Then i'll be gone.

Online ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3498 on: September 12, 2021, 07:59:04 AM »
My three shortened weeks are coming to an end tomorrow. Was definitely nice while it lasted.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3499 on: September 12, 2021, 08:52:31 AM »
Back to work for me tomorrow too. 2 weeks vacation was glorious.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion