Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287766 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3220 on: June 19, 2021, 05:56:41 AM »
Morning. Hyperplex, sorry man.

I'm sure your kids are devastated, never knowing life with out the "Commander".  He was a gorgeous looking fella.   :'(

I went to the Dog Appreciation thread to see a pic so I could honor him, but couldn't find anything. I assume this comment is FB related, Chad?
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3221 on: June 19, 2021, 06:14:40 AM »
We said goodbye to our incredible dog tonight. The hollowness is so cold right now.

Really sorry to hear that Hyperplex. Hugs to you and your family.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3222 on: June 19, 2021, 06:30:01 AM »
Morning. Hyperplex, sorry man.

I'm sure your kids are devastated, never knowing life with out the "Commander".  He was a gorgeous looking fella.   :'(

I went to the Dog Appreciation thread to see a pic so I could honor him, but couldn't find anything. I assume this comment is FB related, Chad?

Yeah
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3223 on: June 19, 2021, 07:03:32 AM »
If it's ok, here are a few samples I could pull together. There are too many hundreds to truly be able to grasp all of his greatness.
He was with us all 14 years of his amazing life.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:09:14 AM by Hyperplex »
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3224 on: June 19, 2021, 07:15:24 AM »
 :heart
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3225 on: June 19, 2021, 07:33:59 AM »
Give your family some hugs for us.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #3226 on: June 19, 2021, 07:35:21 AM »
We said goodbye to our incredible dog tonight. The hollowness is so cold right now.

My love and condolences. I know that pain and it’s never a brief stay.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3227 on: June 19, 2021, 07:55:59 AM »
Sorry to hear about that, Andrew.  :(

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #3228 on: June 19, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »
Thank you guys. We will be ok, it's just very hard right now.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3229 on: June 20, 2021, 05:18:33 PM »
Losing a pet is one of the toughest things.  Sorry to hear that mate.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3230 on: June 21, 2021, 01:17:13 PM »
Internet hugs  :heart

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3231 on: June 21, 2021, 11:22:01 PM »
I remember when my cat died, I felt compelled to write something here, like this forum was my own personal journal. It was very cathartic. I hope you find the same comfort here I did.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Adami

« Reply #3232 on: June 22, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
So apparently apartment hunting in Brooklyn is a nightmare and this is how Joker's are born.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3233 on: June 22, 2021, 07:15:58 PM »
So apparently apartment hunting in Brooklyn is a nightmare and this is how Joker's are born.

You need a fancy desert stat! 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Adami

« Reply #3234 on: June 22, 2021, 07:17:51 PM »

You need a fancy desert stat!

I made a Brooklyn blackout cake with chocolate ganache, raspberry cooli, and multiple flavored frostings for my girls birthday. DIDNT HELP THE HORRIBLENESS!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3235 on: June 22, 2021, 07:19:20 PM »
Bring a slice to a bubble bath and cry eating it in the tub.

IT HAS TO HELP!

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3236 on: June 25, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
Oh man, I'm so happy.  My car's AC died a couple weeks ago, well it seemed to start to die a couple weeks ago and completely died last weekend.  Brought it to the Honda dealership today and they replaced the condensor for free under warranty.  I thought I was going to have to pay a lot of money today.  I feel like it's a rarity to not get screwed by the dealership.  :metal

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3237 on: June 25, 2021, 11:19:17 AM »
What the hell that condo in Miami??
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3238 on: June 27, 2021, 08:58:10 AM »

I still can't believe that happened.  What a nightmare for the families of those who are still unaccounted for, especially since I can't imagine how anyone still missing could have survived that. Sounds like there was negligence of epic proportions. Just an awful, awful thing.  :( :(

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3239 on: June 27, 2021, 02:11:21 PM »

I still can't believe that happened.  What a nightmare for the families of those who are still unaccounted for, especially since I can't imagine how anyone still missing could have survived that. Sounds like there was negligence of epic proportions. Just an awful, awful thing.  :( :(

it is awful, and I think they knew in advance.  Having said that, now comes the Monday Morning internet quarterbacks.   

They had a thing on the NBC news about the sister building and a dude standing there with some crumbling concrete around the rebar (the steel inside concrete) and pointing as if the building was about to collapse.   Concrete has very little tensile strength (that is to say, if you pull it apart, it will not resist you).   Almost all the strength of concrete is compressive (that is, if you press it together it will hold the weight).  This is why concrete is a fantastic road surface, deck surface, and pillar component.  Especially in a "marine" environment like in parts of Miami, the surface "coat" of concrete often crumbles, and while the exposed metal isn't great - it will corrode over time - it's not indicative in and of itself of a structural issue.  (FYI, I've let it lapse, but I held a Professional Engineer's license for almost a decade).

I say this not to be pedantic, but wasting time with each and every piece of concrete rubble is going to waste time in finding out what actually happened.  False or misleading accusations are going to invite lawyers to the party, and everything will come to a standstill until the truth is figured out, because no one is going to volunteer or offer information when at risk of being responsible for hundreds of deaths and millions of dollars in property damage.  Maybe you and I shouldn't know better, but the NEWS should, and the NEWS should be more circumspect in their coverage.  Stick to the truth, not the spectacle, and inform people.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3240 on: June 27, 2021, 03:25:15 PM »
I just saw the greatest gender reveal ever.  It's on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1409235545881038854?s=19

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3241 on: June 27, 2021, 04:59:56 PM »
I am full-on anti-gender reveal, but that's the real deal.  I liked that.  The mumus on both were a nice touch!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3242 on: June 27, 2021, 05:14:40 PM »
Same. I hate those reveals but hot damn that was so inventive. So well worked out.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3243 on: June 28, 2021, 06:10:35 AM »
That was a great way to start the day.

Back on the Miami condo... ironically, mrs.jingle and I just watched a mini-doc on sinkholes in Florida.  Wonder if that might have had anything to do with it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3244 on: June 28, 2021, 07:49:46 AM »
Sinkholes?  There was a doc for that?  Speaking of Docs, Stads did you see Part 1 of the Kiss Doc on A&E?

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3245 on: June 28, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
Sinkholes?  There was a doc for that?  Speaking of Docs, Stads did you see Part 1 of the Kiss Doc on A&E?

Not a whole dedicated doc.  It was just the topic of some episode of something we found on National Geographic channel one night while channel surfing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3246 on: June 28, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »
Ah, like a wonders of the world kinda thing.  How does it happen.  I get it now. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3247 on: June 28, 2021, 09:16:30 AM »

I saw part of it; I taped it, though, so I will watch the whole thing.  The early years, the startup; I LOVE that part/era of the band.  So seeing Gene and Paul sitting on a couch chatting and reminiscing is like kid/candy store for me.   

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3248 on: June 28, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
I DVR'd it.  I'll watch it tonight. 

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3249 on: June 28, 2021, 09:35:03 AM »
I am full-on anti-gender reveal, but that's the real deal.  I liked that.

Yeah this is me. That was very creative.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3250 on: June 28, 2021, 04:35:45 PM »
Seattle is hitting 110+ temps today. The last couple days have set all sorts of records for the area. We usually shut down if there is more than 2" of snow, and I would say we are handling the heat in the same manner. Stores have been sold out of fans for days. Hotels are booked solid with locals wanting to be in a room with AC. "Cooling Centers" are being set up in places like libraries and senior centers where people can go to cool off and get some water. My boss even told us all to stay home today. Unprecedented times!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3251 on: June 28, 2021, 04:41:43 PM »
97 degrees here. The warehouse was soupy to say the least. Made sure all Frank water and gave them an extra 10 minutes for breaks and lunches so they could stay in the AC.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3252 on: June 28, 2021, 04:45:11 PM »
97 degrees here. The warehouse was soupy to say the least. Made sure all Frank water and gave them an extra 10 minutes for breaks and lunches so they could stay in the AC.

You just gave people named Frank water? What about everyone else?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3253 on: June 28, 2021, 04:54:36 PM »
Seattle is hitting 110+ temps today. The last couple days have set all sorts of records for the area. We usually shut down if there is more than 2" of snow, and I would say we are handling the heat in the same manner. Stores have been sold out of fans for days. Hotels are booked solid with locals wanting to be in a room with AC. "Cooling Centers" are being set up in places like libraries and senior centers where people can go to cool off and get some water. My boss even told us all to stay home today. Unprecedented times!

I saw this in the news about the cooling centers. Crazy. It's been really hot here in NJ but nothing like that. I'm happy my cars AC is fixed.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3254 on: June 28, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »

You just gave people named Frank water? What about everyone else?

Lol. Drank