Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 283286 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #3115 on: May 10, 2021, 01:33:28 PM »
I remember the user name but not much about them.  Does this relate to something I'm not catching onto?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3117 on: May 10, 2021, 09:24:19 PM »
I remember AndyDT.

If I have been peeing incorrectly for 44 years of my life without incident, I am just going to accept that it is too late for me to change my ways.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #3118 on: May 11, 2021, 08:56:00 AM »
I stand as far back as I can, arc it up as high as I can, and go for the swish.   Shoes stay dry, I don't get the smell, and, well, if there's shrapnel, that's on you for taking the urinal right next to me and not leaving a courtesy space.

I'm totally joking, but being more serious, if I'm peeing in a place with a urinal, the odds are I'm not thrilled with taking a seat either, so I'm going to have to bring a protractor and a geometric calculator and plot the angles.   That's got to be less work than laying down paper and doing the hover.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3119 on: May 11, 2021, 08:25:20 PM »
In the summer of 2019, we went to San Diego. I took this picture in the men's room on the USS Midway.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3120 on: May 11, 2021, 10:04:25 PM »
Here is some DTF trivia for you (for those that remember him):

AndyDT was last active on April 02, 2013.

Damn, time flies.  8 years ago! Wow!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3121 on: May 11, 2021, 10:05:31 PM »
In the summer of 2019, we went to San Diego. I took this picture in the men's room on the USS Midway.

Does the ball move?

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3122 on: May 11, 2021, 10:09:17 PM »
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3124 on: May 12, 2021, 04:23:43 PM »

Does the ball move?

Yes, it's hanging there.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3125 on: May 13, 2021, 06:30:01 AM »
That's what he said.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #3126 on: May 18, 2021, 08:16:51 PM »
So

Ive told the story a few times about finding out that my biological father wasn't who I thought it was... And finding out that I have a half sister (all via Ancestry DNA).

Well I have a cousin on that side who messaged me last year basically asking who the fuck I was... Nicely of course. I finally responded.

We had a short conversation back and forth. Turns out she's my 1st cousin, and she doesn't know much about her dad's side of her family (the side in which we are related).

This whole conversation was via the Ancestry app. I wound up asking her what part of the country is was on, and if she was on FB (since the Ancestry app sucks.)

She responded with something vague about being in the west coast, and then it looks like she blocked me! (She does actually have Facebook. I looked her up....she's local and we have at least one mutual friend....)

Anways... I decided to say Fuck it and sent my sister a message. Now for the anxiety of waiting for a response. :JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3127 on: May 18, 2021, 08:19:31 PM »
Wow!

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3128 on: May 18, 2021, 11:44:50 PM »
Crazy. My family has shown little interest in delving in to our ancestry, so none of that interests me. My dad didn't like his parents much growing up, and his siblings were foreign born, from a different mom, and moved to the US as adults, so he didn't grow up with them. A while ago he went through an exercise of writing down memories of his childhood and exploring his family's history. I guess it was rather painful for him so I've never asked him about it.

My mom only had one half-sister, who was much older, and while they were close, she kept me at a distance from her because her life was such a mess. Since my wedding in 2009, the only blood relatives I've seen in person are my parents and my sister.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3129 on: May 20, 2021, 05:30:09 PM »
News!

So either my cousin blocked and then unlocked me, or there was a glitch. Not sure... But not important.

Because...

My sister responded and then immediately added me on FB! She seems just as excited and just overall in awe as I am :JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #3130 on: May 21, 2021, 04:36:58 AM »
News!

So either my cousin blocked and then unlocked me, or there was a glitch. Not sure... But not important.

Because...

My sister responded and then immediately added me on FB! She seems just as excited and just overall in awe as I am :JayOctavarium:

That's fantastic man!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3131 on: May 21, 2021, 05:27:40 PM »
Excellent!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3132 on: May 21, 2021, 10:10:04 PM »
I guess my sister has been in the same boat as me. Trying to build up the courage to reach out. I just did it first. She seems to be just we overwhelmed by this (in a good way), as I am.

I also have a beautiful 10 year old Niece that I am just excited to eventually meet in person as I am my sister.

It's hard to explain how happy this makes me...

They even have my eyes! (At least I think so).

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #3133 on: May 22, 2021, 06:52:01 AM »
That's great Jay
Photobucket sucks.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3134 on: May 22, 2021, 07:05:08 AM »
Glad to read the joy you have Jay.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3135 on: May 23, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
Know what is the worst of this earth? H Insurance companies.   My dad fell at my house when he got his second covid shot and broke his rib.  He did not knock to let me know I needed to help him to the bathroom. 

The insurance sends a questionnaire to see if the can charge someone else with the bill.

All the years my dad paid for insurance and they want to sneak the blame on others.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3136 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:15 AM »
Insurance companies are the best ... until you need their service.  That you’ve prepaid them for!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3137 on: May 23, 2021, 10:57:38 AM »
Insurance companies are the best ... until you need their service.  That you’ve prepaid them for!

We had good and bad experiences with out homeowner's insurance.

Many years ago, we had an addition put on our house. An agent came by to reassess it and spotted our trampoline in the backyard. We were told we'd have to get rid of it or we'd lose our insurance. We were gutted because my oldest son, who was young at the time, was struggling with balance issues, and it seemed to be helping him. We called around the secondary market, but it just didn't make sense for that price to keep it.

Then, about 4 years ago, or so, we were sued because of an online message my wife left regarding a service we received. Our homeowners paid for an attorney to represent us.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3138 on: May 23, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
Always looking to pay less no matter how they do it.

Tim, I had my homeowner's insurance decline the mold in our bathroom because our hose that goes outside and landed on the floor above the bathroom causing the mold in our walls.   

So I pay all that insurance and not by my fault the installer years ago messed up caused the issue.  I fought for months and said fuck it.

Redid the whole bathroom in my own dime.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3139 on: May 23, 2021, 11:08:07 AM »
A few years ago, we had ice dams in the front of our house. Our insurance covered gutting the walls, drying them out, and rebuilding them.

Sent you a PM..

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3140 on: May 23, 2021, 01:07:03 PM »
For anyone who may care, the new Evership album is pretty fantastic.

That is all.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3141 on: May 23, 2021, 01:45:53 PM »
Just purchased it.  I'll stream it tomorrow at work.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3142 on: May 23, 2021, 02:28:37 PM »
Just purchased it.  I'll stream it tomorrow at work.

I commented in the album listening thread.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3143 on: May 23, 2021, 02:30:52 PM »
Sounds interesting. I dropped the needle on it. Glad you guys like it, but it's not for me.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3144 on: May 23, 2021, 11:26:42 PM »
Sounds interesting. I dropped the needle on it. Glad you guys like it, but it's not for me.

Looks like I won't even bother then.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3145 on: May 24, 2021, 04:41:10 AM »

Looks like I won't even bother then.

Nah ... not your thing - either of you.  Joe/Nick/Hef/Mason and I saw them at RoSfest 4 years ago, then again at Progstock with an even bigger group of DTFrs.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3146 on: May 24, 2021, 07:03:56 AM »

We had good and bad experiences with out homeowner's insurance.

Many years ago, we had an addition put on our house. An agent came by to reassess it and spotted our trampoline in the backyard. We were told we'd have to get rid of it or we'd lose our insurance. We were gutted because my oldest son, who was young at the time, was struggling with balance issues, and it seemed to be helping him. We called around the secondary market, but it just didn't make sense for that price to keep it.

Then, about 4 years ago, or so, we were sued because of an online message my wife left regarding a service we received. Our homeowners paid for an attorney to represent us.

That's us, as well.   Mostly good, not perfect.  Interestingly, the one place they fell down most was also involving mold (in a basement).  We had a water leak that CAUSED the mold, and they wouldn't pay for it even though the policy only excluded damage CAUSED by mold (not mold caused by the damage they were otherwise covering). 

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3147 on: May 31, 2021, 06:08:51 PM »
I got suspended from Facebook for 24 hours. Lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3148 on: May 31, 2021, 06:39:23 PM »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #3149 on: May 31, 2021, 06:44:27 PM »

For what?