Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 283314 times)

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2940 on: March 08, 2021, 07:48:52 PM »
 :blush
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2941 on: March 08, 2021, 08:04:54 PM »
Maybe it is taking a field sobriety test.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2942 on: March 08, 2021, 08:18:59 PM »
We did not have a gender reveal party for my son, because they weren't a thing then. We did have one for my daughter, though I found it cumbersome. However, we made our son the center of the party. We knew what we were having and we made it a celebration for him (and by association, the rest of the family [we didn't invite friends]) to find out he was getting a sister. It was a first chance to make his sibling's arrival a happy thing, rather than the massive change that it was. He loved it and was smiling ear to ear during the whole thing, so I think we accomplished what we set out to do.

That is neat. My older daughter found out her mom was pregnant when we had to explain to her why we had to make an urgent trip to the ER when mom was having some complications. We had to make a snap judgment and it felt better to tell her the news than try to make up a lie on the spot.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2943 on: March 09, 2021, 08:29:56 AM »
Saw this upon arriving at work today..

Forget returning a carriage to the corral, but what kind of bastard does this??

Tim's like a goon.  Always just going over that line to cause trouble.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2944 on: March 09, 2021, 01:25:23 PM »
Saw this upon arriving at work today..

Forget returning a carriage to the corral, but what kind of bastard does this??

It's not like this fucking prick couldn't have carried the amount he had in this basket to the car and leave the basket inside?  You can tell they left it where it is while sitting in the driver's seat by the looks too.  Fuck this person.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2945 on: March 09, 2021, 02:21:44 PM »
The Baskets are standing up for the carts.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2946 on: March 09, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »
There is unrest in the storefront
There is trouble with the carts
For the baskets want more lot space
And the carts ignore their pleas

The trouble with the baskets
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the carts are just too bulky
And they grab up all the lot

But the carts can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the baskets
Can't be happy in the store

There is trouble in the storefront
And the creatures all have fled
As the baskets scream "Oppression"
And the carts just shake their wheels

So the baskets formed a union
And demanded equal rights
"The carts are just too greedy
We will make them give us lot"
Now there's no more cart oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the lot is all kept empty
By ratchet, TAC, and car.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 05:33:31 PM by Stadler »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2947 on: March 09, 2021, 03:03:04 PM »
I need a t shirt with that on it! :lol

Fucking awesome!

I'd swap forest with parking lot but that's great!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2948 on: March 09, 2021, 03:17:43 PM »
 :lol

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #2949 on: March 09, 2021, 05:15:00 PM »
That's awesome.  :rollin

Weird Al worthy.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2950 on: March 09, 2021, 05:39:35 PM »
I need a t shirt with that on it! :lol

Fucking awesome!

I'd swap forest with parking lot but that's great!

I missed that one!  I made it "storefront" like the other one. 

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2951 on: March 11, 2021, 03:48:30 AM »
Morning, gentlemen.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2952 on: March 13, 2021, 10:40:36 AM »
If you're a fan of Kinder Surprise Eggs, but live in the US and aren't impressed by Kinder Joy, here they are without the toys. Same consistency and thickness. I've found them at Fry's Food and Target. I think they're seasonal though because so far I've only seen Easter and Christmas themes versions. Kinder Surprise Eggs and Haribo Gummy Frogs were my favorites as a kid, so it's nice to still be able to find them here in the US, mostly.

The right thread this time. :D But... It's not so far off the topic.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2953 on: March 14, 2021, 02:11:03 PM »
If you wnt to physically feel yourself losing IQ - just read the YouTube comments on any Red Letter Media video.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2954 on: March 14, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
If you wnt to physically feel yourself losing IQ - just read the YouTube comments on any Red Letter Media video.

Fixed.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2955 on: March 14, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
Natch.

But seriously. Every single comment is the same on RLM.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2956 on: March 14, 2021, 02:40:40 PM »
Sometimes YouTube comments are pure gold. I occasionally get distracted from the video by following a particularly hilarious comment thread.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2957 on: March 14, 2021, 02:42:53 PM »
Sometimes YouTube comments are pure gold. I occasionally get distracted from the video by following a particularly hilarious comment thread.

If you want some good laughs, go to the video for Billy Squier's Rock Me Tonite video and read some of the comments on that one.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2958 on: March 15, 2021, 01:02:11 PM »
Update on the whole car getting raped by my landlord's EZ Up Canopy fiasco... After poking and prodding by our insurance... Our landlord finally went through her insurance and they are handling it. We are finally dropping off our car for the repairs.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2959 on: March 15, 2021, 01:50:40 PM »
Update on the whole car getting raped by my landlord's EZ Up Canopy fiasco... After poking and prodding by our insurance... Our landlord finally went through her insurance and they are handling it. We are finally dropping off our car for the repairs.

Good

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2960 on: March 15, 2021, 02:04:34 PM »
It's frustrating. Landlord's whole attitude is now basically "insurance is taking care of it so no reason to be frustrated"... But she doesn't understand how much time had been spent on dealing with both insurance companies, dealing with figuring out the rental car (which is going to be reimbursed by her insurance eventually... But first it's out of our pocket for the up to 3 weeks the car is going to be in the shop), etc.

I do have a new found appreciation for the cargo space in a CRV. They have us in an Equinox, and it doesn't have nearly close to the same amount of space. Funny thing is... We had to upgrade to this... As they consider the CRV a compact SUV... And tried to give us a fucking EcoSport :lol

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2961 on: March 15, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »
There is no way to separate the concepts of "insurance" and "frustrated."

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2962 on: March 17, 2021, 05:00:06 AM »
Guten morgen, meine freunde!

Y'all know those candles that the women folk seem to spawn naturally? They're in a wide glass, with three wicks, smell pretty darn good, and can dominate an entire floor of the house. Well, Sagan (my old dog) just ripped off a hair-curler, that drown out that candle's super powers.
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2963 on: March 17, 2021, 12:18:33 PM »
The joys of pets.  LOL

The wife wanted corned beef & cabbage tonight so I ordered from a local Irish Restaurant to pick up. I went with the Guinness Fish and chips. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2964 on: March 17, 2021, 01:06:16 PM »
There's a dog that lives on my road ( not within earshot of my house luckily ) - that goes apeshit at anyone that walks past.

Yet if you stop and actually approach it - he shits himself and runs away.   ;D ;D

It reminds me of that video where there is a dog on either side of this gate - growling and barking at each other.

Then the gate slides open and both Dog backs off and looks really sheepish... Then the gate closes and they go right back to growling and barking.

Says it all really !  :P

#CatPerson

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2965 on: March 17, 2021, 03:57:16 PM »
Gotta love doing taxes.

Everyone who was on unemployment in 2020 and received the extra federal unemployment are in limbo basically. The new bill basically will make $10k of unemployment payments not taxable... but there hasn't been guidance on how to file it yet... so I am sitting with everything done, just waiting to see if that red number turns green or not in my tax software :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2966 on: March 17, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
Gotta love doing taxes.

Everyone who was on unemployment in 2020 and received the extra federal unemployment are in limbo basically. The new bill basically will make $10k of unemployment payments not taxable... but there hasn't been guidance on how to file it yet... so I am sitting with everything done, just waiting to see if that red number turns green or not in my tax software :lol

I read that they IRS may push back to May 15th as the deadline due to some confusions like this. 

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2967 on: March 17, 2021, 05:34:38 PM »
The joys of pets.  LOL

The wife wanted corned beef & cabbage tonight so I ordered from a local Irish Restaurant to pick up. I went with the Guinness Fish and chips.

NICE.   I love St. Patrick's Day, even in spirit.  I"m having a reuben here in about 30 minutes.  :)

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2968 on: March 17, 2021, 05:36:19 PM »
Gotta love doing taxes.

I read that they IRS may push back to May 15th as the deadline due to some confusions like this.

I think that's official now.  I'm getting a larger than usual return this year (life changes and we erred on the side of caution) and I filed about 35 days ago; I would normally have heard by now, but still nothing.  They must be really underwater.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2969 on: March 17, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »
Gotta love doing taxes.

I think that's official now.  I'm getting a larger than usual return this year (life changes and we erred on the side of caution) and I filed about 35 days ago; I would normally have heard by now, but still nothing.  They must be really underwater.

I saw that as well. I hope they figure out how to implement things sooner rather than later. I'd like to get my shit done with and now have to worry about it for another year :JayOctavarium:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2970 on: March 17, 2021, 06:01:29 PM »
Gotta love doing taxes.

I did my taxes late last year, because I could, got the accepted notification April 30th and didn't get my fed return until end of December

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2971 on: March 17, 2021, 06:15:28 PM »
I've owed or broke even every year for the last few years for various reasons (mainly ACA related bullshit). Getting a return will be a treat, even if it does come in as late as yours did last year :lol

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2972 on: March 17, 2021, 06:29:30 PM »
Everyone who was on unemployment in 2020 and received the extra federal unemployment are in limbo basically. The new bill basically will make $10k of unemployment payments not taxable... but there hasn't been guidance on how to file it yet...

Nor, to my knowledge, what that means for people who already filed.

Just researched:

Taxpayers who have already filed should also wait, they say. But these people should be prepared to possibly file an amended income tax return that will claim the exemption, the observers added. That’s accomplished with the Form 1040-X.

“Amending your return basically means that you re-file your return, but subtract up to $10,200 of [unemployment insurance] benefits,” according to experts at The Century Foundation. “Depending on your tax rate, that could result in a refund check of more than $1,000.”

Legislative language in the American Rescue Plan’s statute does not contain instructions on what the IRS should do when someone has already filed before the government can assess the income tax exemption.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 07:06:09 PM by Cool Chris »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2973 on: March 18, 2021, 09:30:01 AM »
I've owed or broke even every year for the last few years for various reasons (mainly ACA related bullshit). Getting a return will be a treat, even if it does come in as late as yours did last year :lol

According to Suzie Orman, you should never get a refund to maximize your money... but I love getting a refund.  It's a weird mental thing for me.  I do believe if I changed my filing status I may be able to invest that extra money and get more of a return, but I know I'm not that good with actually pulling that off instead of just spending that extra cash.  But getting a nice lump sum (my tax refunds are usually a nice chunk of change mostly due to my house write offs) makes it easy for me to take that and put it into an investment.  I probably lose out a bit in the end, but it's not enough money to make me rewire my brain.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2974 on: March 18, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »
Ugh.

Our local Walmart Pharmacy is absolute trash. We used them for a while, but wound up swapping to Amazon Pharmacy for our prescriptions. So far no issues. BUT... they can't fill anything immediate need.

I wound up doing a Teledoc appointment for an infected bug bite on my elbow. I put it off and put it off until my other half basically made me schedule it. Doc puts me on some hefty antibiotics (I have a history with possible Staph infections in the past and he didn't want to fuck around. We have the Rx sent to the Walmart, since I am already in their system. Doctor wanted me to start taking them ASAP. Luckily, Jenna had that exact same med and dosage prescribed to her last month, and she had a reaction and stopped taking it... so I had 2 days of it right here for me to start taking.

The doc puts the prescriptions (antibiotic and ibuprofen) in. I get notification in the Walmart app that they received it. They fill the ibuprofen part of it, but they say there's a delay with the antibiotics. No problem.

The next day, it says there's still a delay. Whatever. I wasn't planning on going out that day anyway and I had a few doses left. The day after that (yesterday), It STILL said delayed. I call the pharmacy and get told that they have a new tech working, hence the delay, but they have it and will fill it asap. It'll be ready within the hour. Sweet!

I get there about an hour and a half later. Pick up my GF's one med still at that pharmacy, and then go to pick mine up. I get told that my antibiotics were canceled, and to call my doctor. I ask her how the hell was it canceled when an hour and a half ago, you guys were filling it? She just shrugs.

I'm fucking pissed. I walk out, get to my car, and call the pharmacy. I speak to the same woman who now tells me THEY, as in the PHARMACY canceled it by mistake, but will reopen it and fill it. It'll be ready in 5 minutes.

Really? Like... how is that acceptable? I gave the chick a piece of my mind. I didn't yell or anything, but I did tell her that shit like that is the reason we moved all of our normal prescriptions away from there, and that I'd not be coming back to this location, even if my life depended on it. I didn't even get an apology. 

I really don't get people.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"