Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 283262 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2870 on: February 10, 2021, 08:29:56 AM »
Of all my friends - you're the first!

:kingshmeg:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2871 on: February 10, 2021, 09:40:49 AM »
DTF : Kotowboy really be out here asking the important questions !!

PUTTING THE COBVER ON THE DUVET

A: Shove it all in - then grab the corners and shake it. √

B: Turn the cover inside out - grab the duvet corners and shake it. X

Also it really helps if the seam on the duvet cover goes lengthways along the side and not widthways along the bottom.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2872 on: February 10, 2021, 10:38:53 PM »
However my other half does it.

And then I piss her off by sleeping on top of it.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2873 on: February 17, 2021, 01:23:40 AM »
So, if you want to see some cool pictures of Mother Nature at work, google images or footage of yesterday's Etna eruption (a volcano in Sicily, in Italy).

My dream when it comes to nature is to see the Northern Lights, but man, what an epic and kickass experience must be seeing a volcano erupt. Especially if it's a "friendly" eruption that doesn't kill people or destroy buildings.....
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2874 on: February 18, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »
One tremendously huge weight has been lifted off of me.

This morning, we received my son's official acceptance into the private school I attended, and which his little sister attends. This is momentous and amazing for him and his future and I couldn't be more proud (and relieved) for him.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2875 on: February 18, 2021, 09:48:14 AM »
One tremendously huge weight has been lifted off of me.

This morning, we received my son's official acceptance into the private school I attended, and which his little sister attends. This is momentous and amazing for him and his future and I couldn't be more proud (and relieved) for him.

Great news, Drew!!
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2876 on: February 18, 2021, 07:48:11 PM »
Lost my little DTF buddy Harry today. Almost 17 years old. R.I.P. my little boy.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2877 on: February 18, 2021, 07:50:03 PM »
Damn.  Sorry to hear that, Joe!  :( :(

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2878 on: February 18, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Damn Joe. That sucks.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2879 on: February 18, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »
17 is a great stint but always never easy losing a member of the family.  Sorry to hear that Joe.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2880 on: February 18, 2021, 08:03:04 PM »
I remember when I lost my cat Sally, one of the first things I felt compelled to do was post about it here. This is my social media, and it just felt good to get out my thoughts and feelings, and of course people here offered their kind thoughts, which I extend to you.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2881 on: February 18, 2021, 08:06:19 PM »
In my past life I had a couple of cats. They were still young when one of then literally dropped dead in front of me. I dorve it to the vets but is was already dead. the vet called a few days later and said it had a heart issue.

I was devastated. I remember telling a kid at work (18ish) and he made me a sympathy card. But the fucker drew a picture of a cat with a Reggie Lewis Celtics jersey on it.  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2882 on: February 18, 2021, 08:08:57 PM »
Sorry Joe and Queen, that must be tough

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2883 on: February 19, 2021, 03:35:42 AM »
I'm sorry, Joe :hug:
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2884 on: February 19, 2021, 05:03:44 AM »
How you and the Queen holding up today, Joe?
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2885 on: February 19, 2021, 05:46:15 AM »
Morning everyone.   Chad, we are ok.  Cried a ton.  We are still going on the sleigh ride today. Hoping to ease the pain.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2886 on: February 19, 2021, 06:47:26 AM »
Morning everyone.   Chad, we are ok.  Cried a ton.  We are still going on the sleigh ride today. Hoping to ease the pain.

Hey Joe, I just saw this and I'm so sorry; I hope you and your wife can find some peace today, together. 

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2887 on: February 19, 2021, 06:48:20 AM »
I'm late but I am really sorry, Joe. I hope the healing happens swiftly.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2888 on: February 19, 2021, 07:08:26 AM »
Just saw this as well, I'm really sorry for your loss Joe.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2889 on: February 19, 2021, 01:23:33 PM »
I'm so sorry Joe. I lost my ball of fluff back in 2017 and it was really hard. Those little guys leave a big hole in us sometimes.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2890 on: February 19, 2021, 02:00:48 PM »
+/- 16 years is way too short to have a cat. You should get a kitten when you are a child and it should live as long as you. That would be amazing.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2891 on: February 19, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »
+/- 16 years is way too short to have a cat. You should get a kitten when you are a child and it should live as long as you. That would be amazing.

Should stick to pet birds then.  Cats live longer than dogs which is a huge plus for a cat over a dog as a pet for me.  It's so heartbreaking to have your beloved pet pass.

I noticed a lot of people on reddit posting videos of pet opossums.  Which seems a bit odd to me, so I researched it and apparently they actually make pretty good pets, but have a very short life (2-4 years).  With such a short life, it's really hard for me to want to invest in one as a pet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2892 on: February 19, 2021, 02:54:01 PM »
Rats are really lovely pets too but only live 3 years. Such a shame.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2893 on: February 25, 2021, 12:12:27 PM »
Welp...

Woke up this morning to a text from our landlord. Her boyfriend, who is building a deck for her (let's ignore the leaking shower and other items we've been trying to get fixed for years), and left an Easy Up Canopy up overnight.

We've had 40+ mph winds all night into the morning.

Fucking thing flew and scratched the hell out of my girlfriends car. It looks like the fucker really had it out for the CRV. Drivers side, hood, and even passenger side are all fucked up now. It also got my car (no biggy, my car is a beater and the big scratch it left blends in with the old scratches on it,), and left a scratch on landlords boyfriend's old Cadillac he's fixing up... But most of the damage was on my GFs car... Which we've only put 10k miles on since buying.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2894 on: February 26, 2021, 06:46:47 AM »
You get their insurance info Jay?

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2895 on: February 26, 2021, 07:05:06 AM »

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2896 on: February 26, 2021, 05:03:41 PM »
Short version of a long story, our landlord claimed responsibility, but we're waiting until we get a quote for the damage, which we just got this morning for almost $3k. I suspect she doesn't have homeowners insurance. So we're probably going to have to go through our insurance to get it fixed. The conversation is going to be had today.  I know she's going to offer to have her boyfriend "buff it out". He's not touching our car.

I know she also doesn't have the cash to pay outright to keep us from going through insurance.

I actually started typing this earlier and got distracted. Now that my GF is home from getting shit done (work related), she's reaching out to our landlord, who tends to get overwhelmed when a conversation doesn't go her way.  I'll let you know what happens

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2897 on: March 01, 2021, 02:03:51 PM »
Landlord's solution is to pay for our $500 deductible. By giving us a $150/month break on our rent.

Jenna and I are debating how to handle this. It's fucking insane.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2898 on: March 01, 2021, 02:24:06 PM »
Landlord's solution is to pay for our $500 deductible. By giving us a $150/month break on our rent.

Charge 20% interest on the 2nd and 3rd instalments.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2899 on: March 01, 2021, 02:42:58 PM »

Charge 20% interest on the 2nd and 3rd instalments.

Well 500 doesn't divide evenly from 150 so maybe 4 months of 150 break.  But even then, if you go through your insurance, is your rate now going to go up?  I think you should get more than the $500 because you'll have a claim on your record from your insurance company that isn't going to drop off from their paperwork for years.  I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but you'll have to figure out if the $500 is the true total cost.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2900 on: March 01, 2021, 02:52:00 PM »
Get a quote and tell him no way. Get me your insurance. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2901 on: March 01, 2021, 04:35:29 PM »
Her homeowners insurance deductible is super high, hence her solution. She's standing firm on her solution.  Really we fight her and start looking 5o move or just deal with it.

Talking to the insurance company... They're going after her now... Especially after hearing how she wanted to handle it. If they are able to get it from her, our deductible will be refunded.

She sees this as an unpredictable act of god.

No. You left a canopy up and untethered overnight during a windstorm. It wasn't a freak windstorm. It was known to be coming. That's negligence.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 05:32:43 PM by JayOctavarium »

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2902 on: March 01, 2021, 08:00:48 PM »
Talking to the insurance company... They're going after her now... Especially after hearing how she wanted to handle it. If they are able to get it from her, our deductible will be refunded.

Yup, let them handle it. Just make sure you pay your rent on time.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2903 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:22 AM »
It's funny how as life becomes more stressful or otherwise distracting, I post here less. I do come on and read and try to catch up, but my inclination to share goes down under those circumstances. I'm still here, though.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2904 on: March 03, 2021, 04:51:38 AM »
It's funny how as life becomes more stressful or otherwise distracting, I post here less. I do come on and read and try to catch up, but my inclination to share goes down under those circumstances. I'm still here, though.

This is me, as well. I've always kinda been that way. As Spring (and golf season) approaches, ♫♪ people just don't have the time for DTF anymore. ♪♫

Speaking of which, I'm in the throws of a pretty big remodel at the house. I completed the demolition last week and am now armed with the knowledge of the challenges ahead. I'm a planner when it comes to these types of projects. I prefer to anticipate as many problems as I can and head them off during the planning stage. For this reason, I picked up Sketchup last weekend to do my drafting with...it's kind of a long story but for various reasons, my version of AutoCad has recently become unusable. I've enjoyed the learning curve of this software, even though it had me pretty frustrated for the first hour. You have to unlearn a lifetime of computer drafting habits. Have any of you used it? I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

Maybe this should be posted in the home owners thread?
I have always found it quaint, and rather touching, that there is a movement in the U.S. that thinks Americans are not yet selfish enough.” — Christopher Hitchens