Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 287455 times)

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2765 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:31 AM »
Can some of you help me test something?

Can you click this link and tell me what price you're seeing?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQONFVE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2766 on: January 07, 2021, 07:52:57 AM »
Was:   $93.61
Price:   $87.37  & FREE Returns
You Save:   $6.24 (7%)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2767 on: January 07, 2021, 08:46:46 AM »
Same as cram
Photobucket sucks.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2768 on: January 07, 2021, 08:50:19 AM »
Cool. Thanks dudes. That's something I've had my eye on for a while. I just need something easy to move that can get through plastic. I noticed the price came down over the last week, and I didn't know if Amazon was doing that intentionally in an attempt to get me to buy it. The fact that you guys are seeing the same thing makes me think otherwise.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2769 on: January 07, 2021, 08:55:03 AM »
Cool. Thanks dudes. That's something I've had my eye on for a while. I just need something easy to move that can get through plastic. I noticed the price came down over the last week, and I didn't know if Amazon was doing that intentionally in an attempt to get me to buy it. The fact that you guys are seeing the same thing makes me think otherwise.

Does amazon do this?

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2770 on: January 07, 2021, 08:56:27 AM »
FYI (because I'm in your state), I see the same prices as Cram and Bill.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #2771 on: January 07, 2021, 09:16:33 AM »

Does amazon do this?

I wouldn't put it past them, but I guess not in this instance.

FYI (because I'm in your state), I see the same prices as Cram and Bill.

:tup

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #2772 on: January 08, 2021, 02:34:33 AM »
Time to share something extremely random and funny  :D

I'm gonna leave you a "cover" of Nanowar of Steel (the guys behind Norwegian Reggaeton and Valallhaleluja), but the explanation behind it is longer than the song itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGR5sm-V1U

Basically... you all know how, coincidentally, words in a language can phonetically resemble other words of a totally different language, right? well, there was a dude that took the time to find an iranian pop song, and to add "subtitles" which became basically an alternative set of lyrics - how the legit, original farsi lyrics would sound (and what they would mean) if they were actually italian words.

Of course when you translate phonetically into your language, there is no sense whatsoever to the "lyrics", which is why is funny.

But wait, this is only the beginning! the first line of the farsi lyrics would sound, in italian, like if someone would say "Hey, let Ascanio enter from the 8th of January" (Ascanio, as weird and rare it is, is a legit italian male name, there are actual people named Ascanio).

So basically the song became a meme (Nanowar didn't "invent" it, they covered the original farsi song with "lyrics" from the dude who first made the video), and since it refers specifically to a date, it became an internet tradition in Italy, and so on social media you can be sure that this day, the 8th of January, you'll find lot of people suggesting to "let Ascanio enter"  ;D

And this is not even the end of it - a spanish/italian guy went to Persia Got Talent to perform the song, singing it basically in italian, while the iranian public was clapping and singing along  :rollin the ultimate trolling for a song that has became a symbol of iranian / italian friendship or whatever  :lol
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2773 on: January 08, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »
So

I got my health insurance straightened out and went and saw my new Dr today. Trying to get my health straightened out (again. Last time didn't go to well). My last doctor was really awesome (I may have had a crush on her...), but didn't seem to take things seriously. This Doctor seems to actually give a shit. Went over a bunch of things, and told me he wanted to have bloodwork done. Well it just so happened that I thought of that and was already fasting for it. He also told me that he's also ordering a urine test.

Uhh... I am a nervous pisser, and pissed the piss of my life right before leaving for the doctor this morning. I hoped that I could maybe force it when the time came.

I leave, go to the one Quest Diagnostics that I know won't be busy, and go up to the door. Get my tempt taken, give them my info, and wait. Woman comes out and calls me over. I explain that I am a pussy and need the pussy room with the bed so I can have my blood taken while laying down... I don't like needles and wound up with a concussion after a blood draw when I was a teenager... so... yea). I get told to sit back down and will be called when the room is ready. I'm nervous as fuck, because needle and shit. (I know it doesn't hurt. It's just a thing. Hell I blacked out getting my first tattoo). I lay on my bed, and the girl, a different one, starts doing her thing and we chat while she's doing it. She's super sweet. I can tell she usually works with kids :lol . Afterwards, we chat for a few while I build up the willpower to sit up (Lightheadedness). Then I see her. She's cute as hell. Asian girl probably a few years younger than me. Then she hands me the cup. I tell her that I doubt I could "produce". She pushes me to try. So I go into the bathroom. Of course nothing happened. Not only was the tank empty, I also had a cute asian girl standing basically outside waiting for me.

I've gotta drive out on Monday to drop off some paperwork for an upcoming psych appointment so I guess I'll tank up on Sunday night and make a stop on Monday morning :lol

Moral of the story I guess is to expect a piss test with blood work next time.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2774 on: January 15, 2021, 01:12:14 PM »
Looks like my local utility company deposited my check for $500 more than what I wrote it out for.  I looked at my Chase account and since the checks get scanned, I can see, and while the 4 does look like someone could quickly say it's a 9, the written number is clearly four hundred.  So stupid.  At least it didn't take too long on the phone for it to get fixed, or well I should have the money back tomorrow. I'm not a fan of the new company who took over billing from the power utility (and also, why my bill is for three months due to them not accepting my previous payments).

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2775 on: January 15, 2021, 02:51:09 PM »
I haven't written a cheque in years.  And I haven't used cash hardly at all since last February.  Everything is online payment.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2776 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:00 PM »
I haven't written a cheque in years.  And I haven't used cash hardly at all since last February.  Everything is online payment.

The website doesn't seem to work for this new billing company.  It was all fine until they changed things.  My town sewege was the only bill I had to write checks for since they don't have an online system at all.  This is part of the reason why I paid 3 months of bills at once since their online system wasn't working, and it seems like it still isn't.  I've just resorted to writing a check so I can make the damn payment and then this happens  :facepalm:

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2777 on: January 15, 2021, 03:01:22 PM »

The website doesn't seem to work for this new billing company.  It was all fine until they changed things.  My town sewege was the only bill I had to write checks for since they don't have an online system at all.  This is part of the reason why I paid 3 months of bills at once since their online system wasn't working, and it seems like it still isn't.  I've just resorted to writing a check so I can make the damn payment and then this happens  :facepalm:

That's funny; my town sewer is also not online either.  Weird.   There's probably a joke in there somewhere, but I don't know what it is.  :)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2778 on: January 15, 2021, 03:05:29 PM »

Yeah, but you don't leave your house.

I write checks for my wife's dry cleaning. They don't accept a card. Also if I have to call my plumber.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2779 on: January 15, 2021, 04:15:52 PM »
The joys of only have 5 major banks in Canada.  Everything I do is at my banking site.  I don't think there's any kind of bill payment in Canada that isn't integrated into the banking systems.

I write checks for my wife's dry cleaning. They don't accept a card. Also if I have to call my plumber.

I haven't been to a dry cleaner in years either.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2780 on: January 15, 2021, 05:15:44 PM »
I'm so happy we are using cash again over here.  Still my preferred choice.  :biggrin:
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2781 on: January 15, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
I'm so happy we are using cash again over here.  Still my preferred choice.  :biggrin:

And my least preferred.  While I was super annoyed about the check thing today, it was really easy and quick to resolve surprisingly.  Using a bank really helps making things secure and because I'm not a moron with my money, it ends up being a service they pay me to use (via rewards).

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2782 on: January 15, 2021, 05:53:57 PM »
Checks?

We write checks only for our rent (used to pay cash, but we really don't handle cash much since Covid. Checks are easier and also provides a record, since our landlord decided to just forget about receipts), and to pay the company that delivers our water.

For some reason, we use a local company that hasn't upgraded anything in their system since the towers fell. So every month we get a paper bill for $13 and change, and every month we spend 50 cents to mail a check to them. I think you can pay them over the phone, but they don't actively monitor their phones and have to leave a voice mail and hope they call back. They don't even return calls for simple questions like "hey we lost our paper, when's our next delivery?" so good luck getting to speak with someone to make a sketchy payment over the phone  :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2783 on: January 16, 2021, 02:46:12 AM »
I write checks for my wife's dry cleaning. They don't accept a card.

Let me guess, South Korean?

Damn it. Go get your suits cleaned!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2784 on: January 16, 2021, 04:43:55 AM »

I've worn a suit less than 10 times in the last 3 years.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2785 on: January 16, 2021, 09:41:12 AM »
Although I play that card sometimes, I'm not a Luddite.  I don't mind the technology.  And I've found that over the last 10, 15 years, WITH all this technology, customer service has gone out the ass.  As Marc has most capably said, I value having the check or the electronic receipt in the (very likely, frequently occurrence) chance that something gets screwed up.  And I'm that guy that WILL spend an hour on the phone resolving these discrepancies.  Ten bucks is ten bucks, and after a couple of these we're now talking real money. 

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2786 on: January 16, 2021, 09:50:36 AM »
I got my $500 back today, I'm just happy that was pretty easy and quick to handle.  I totally expected to be on the phone for awhile, but luckily I guess this was pretty clear and simple.  I'd still rather just pay the bill online, but whatever. 

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2787 on: January 16, 2021, 01:53:56 PM »
I can’t remember the last time I had any kind of electronic financial transaction go awry.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2788 on: January 16, 2021, 10:33:12 PM »
I haven't written a cheque in years.  And I haven't used cash hardly at all since last February. 

I can’t remember the last time I had any kind of electronic financial transaction go awry.

This page has been Chad not doing or experiencing anything anyone else does.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2789 on: January 16, 2021, 10:56:42 PM »
:lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2790 on: January 17, 2021, 05:16:08 AM »
I haven't written a cheque in years.  And I haven't used cash hardly at all since last February. 

Ya'll a bunch of suckas!!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2791 on: January 17, 2021, 05:34:15 AM »

Gross!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2792 on: January 17, 2021, 08:41:56 AM »

I have this mental image of Chad in a loincloth with dollar bills tucked into the waist band.  I've called my therapist for an emergency session. 

:)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2793 on: January 17, 2021, 08:44:17 AM »
Chad and loincloth should never be in the same sentence.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2794 on: January 17, 2021, 09:39:55 AM »
Had a dream last night I was on the road headed somewhere, and as I stopped at a mini-mart, Chad pulled up next to me in the parking lot. I thought I recognized it as him but had no idea why he would have been in the NW corner of the US.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2795 on: January 17, 2021, 09:43:05 AM »
Stadler wants to know if he had his loincloth on.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2796 on: January 17, 2021, 10:27:57 AM »
HAHA.

No.   

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2797 on: January 17, 2021, 12:05:31 PM »
Stadler wants to know if he had his loincloth on.

I did. And it was no dream.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2798 on: January 17, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »
 :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2799 on: January 17, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
Good almost afternoon from the hottest town in the  contiguous USA for like 3 days in a row. (Okay we tied it 2 days in a row... But still.)  93°-94° and windy. Today we're at 87° at noon... Probably going to hit 91°-92°. And then tomorrow the temperature drops to the low 80s and we get 3 days of 50 mph winds.

"Winter". :lol

(all temps in Freedom Units).

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"