Author Topic: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit  (Read 288869 times)

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: DTF Chat Thread v.BrexitMeansBrexit
« Reply #2730 on: December 31, 2020, 07:50:53 AM »
I'm the same way in thinking of it as "next year"

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2731 on: January 01, 2021, 10:50:57 AM »

GUYS 2020 WAS SOOO LAST YEAR

:neverusethis:

GUYS I REMEMBER 2020 LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2732 on: January 01, 2021, 03:35:53 PM »
Happy December 32nd, 2020...  y'all!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #2733 on: January 01, 2021, 03:50:45 PM »
So I need to compile some of my new artwork to post in the creativity thread. I've only shared it on social media and my site so far.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2734 on: January 02, 2021, 04:38:11 AM »
So I need to compile some of my new artwork to post in the creativity thread. I've only shared it on social media and my site so far.

I watched the time lapse of your hand/eye piece.  Very cool.  Gonna show it to jingle.son (who's studying art/animation - and has been doing so since he started High School)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2735 on: January 02, 2021, 08:04:49 AM »
Cool. I studied animation in college but wound up having a career in design.
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2736 on: January 03, 2021, 07:37:36 AM »
Morning DTF, last day of my 4 day weekend and I was going to clean the car but the weather is shit. What is everyone up to?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2737 on: January 03, 2021, 08:50:10 AM »
Happy Sunday everybody. On the couch for the day getting my new laptop setup. Right now I'm watching Star Wars Rebels, will cut over to football in a couple of hours.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2738 on: January 03, 2021, 08:54:37 AM »
Nice :tup, are you in Florida yet Axe?

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2739 on: January 03, 2021, 08:59:35 AM »
Not for another few months. Agreed with my bosses from the outset that I wouldn't look to move down there until the Orlando office is up and running again. They think that might be April, but I'm expecting it'll probably be a little bit later than that. So I'll be in NJ for a little longer.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ReaperKK

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2740 on: January 03, 2021, 09:01:44 AM »
Nice when you do make it down and the rona simmers we'll have to meet up for a beer. All my family is in florida so I'm there frequently.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2741 on: January 03, 2021, 09:27:37 AM »
My last day of vacation. Laundry and lounging today.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2742 on: January 03, 2021, 10:26:09 AM »
Also last day of my vacation, stayed home for 7 days following my Florida trip and its back to work tomorrow sadly.  I'll be lounging all day and doing laundry.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2743 on: January 03, 2021, 12:38:57 PM »
My external hard drive is probably at least a decade old... transferring everything to my new laptop is brutal. I see a new SSD external hard drive in my near future :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2744 on: January 03, 2021, 05:46:04 PM »
Was mostly a lounging day.  Got on the bike for a bit while I went back to the UFO Discography thread (TAC, I’m up to Chocolate Box). Took the dog for a 90 min walk with Mrs.jingle, did some chores, and took a nap.  Pizza and TV (our Sunday routine), and now gonna workout - jingle.girls are watching a Hallmark movie.

Sadly, back to work tomorrow.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2745 on: January 03, 2021, 05:58:15 PM »
Yeah ran through the laundry, watched some TV, straightened up a bit and bought a new book to start. The grind resumes.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2746 on: January 03, 2021, 09:45:47 PM »
I had to work straight through but got the main public holidays and weekends off.  I'm okay with that really as I'm use to it but damn the grind straight through with no let up is getting brutal as years pass by.  To top it off other management starting to come back today and complain to me how hard it is to come back after a 2 week break.  Hmmmm......
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2747 on: January 04, 2021, 05:51:33 AM »
I had to work straight through but got the main public holidays and weekends off.  I'm okay with that really as I'm use to it but damn the grind straight through with no let up is getting brutal as years pass by.  To top it off other management starting to come back today and complain to me how hard it is to come back after a 2 week break.  Hmmmm......

Bloody hell...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2748 on: January 04, 2021, 06:44:28 AM »
This DC I work at closed only Christmas day.  Open 364 other days.  Out counts are 6 times above our threshold.  We normally have to keep it under 40 trailers to sort.  We have 239 trailers.  the highest ever.  I am burnt.  I've been on for so long that it's affecting me.  I looked at the time clock last night ever hour.  I went to bed at 9:15pm and the alarm went off t 4:50am  was awake ever hour.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2749 on: January 04, 2021, 07:02:17 AM »
Take care of yourself, man.  I have a cousin and a brother in the same boat; with all the stress of everything else (COVID, etc.) I worry about you.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2750 on: January 04, 2021, 07:08:00 AM »
Thanks man.  Yeah, I'm burnt but we got to get these counts down.  I plan to make a 4 day weekend soon.  I need it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2751 on: January 04, 2021, 07:13:47 AM »
Thanks man.  Yeah, I'm burnt but we got to get these counts down.  I plan to make a 4 day weekend soon.  I need it.

Do it. The company will manage to exist without you for a day. We work to live ... not the other way around.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2752 on: January 04, 2021, 07:15:48 AM »
We are so shorthanded right now.  In this crazy day and age no one wants a job during covid.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2753 on: January 04, 2021, 07:38:27 AM »
Welcome back....they made a new hire (I knew we were searching) but didn't know she started today. That was interesting. That's what I get for going on vacation.

And my font server isn't working so I'm completely handcuffed til IT can fix. HFNY

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2754 on: January 04, 2021, 09:44:05 AM »
Well first work day of 2021 and looks like Slack shat the bed  :lol (Slack is a very popular chat app that my company uses for our main way of communicating) which makes it impossible for me to do most of my job.

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2755 on: January 04, 2021, 09:54:49 AM »
Yeah I saw Slack has/had a huge outage.

My issue is fixed so I'm back up again.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2756 on: January 04, 2021, 11:30:40 AM »
It's been a bit of a soft start for me today.  I purposefully scheduled no calls, so that I could just wrap my mind into getting back into the swing of things.  I've spent most of the day so far addressing my "Follow-up" email folder, and am now on to my "Awaiting Response" folder.  It's so frustrating to have to even keep the latter - drives me nuts when people can't simply respond to a specific 'ask' of them.  Invariably, I'll have 50-75 emails in that folder at any given time.

:zeltar:

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2757 on: January 04, 2021, 11:50:23 AM »
Yea, I spent the entire morning reading through my emails and then once Slack came back, reading all the messages and chat rooms I follow to get caught back up.  My ticket queue spiked while on PTO, which I expected, so I guess I should really start busting ass this afternoon.... but I feel like I should take my time.  It's overall very quiet today at work (Not just because Slack was down, its up now and still super dead quiet).  I think everyone is similar in thought "let's not kill ourselves today"  :lol

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2758 on: January 04, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
The thing I am finding both funny and frustrating is that my manager is not a creative; she works mainly with licensing and art purchases. However, she is the dept VP. My Associate Creative Director, who is actually pretty young, has a design sense and a really great attitude, but very often will defer to me because she knows I have much more experience. We have just recently hired a VP Creative Director who is above the ACD but lateral to the VP Creative Services. VP Creative Services is mildly butthurt that there is now an equally ranked creative to her.

Today I sent along a concern I had about a project, specifically requiring a massive editing cut to copy for a piece that would allow proper message placement blah blah. In her antiquated ways, the VPCS wants us to email her before we reach out to Accounts and Strategy to "minimize the back and forth," which actually creates more back and forth. ANYWAY, when I did this, she replied to wait until the creatives responded with thoughts. Within two minutes, the Director answers, "of course, please reach out; that's a major shift that we need them to make before we can continue. thank you for bringing this to our attention."

It's like, I fucking told you the situation, I told you the expanse of the problem, and I told you it was an issue with copy provided by Strategy. That's not on us to correct, so what's the goddamn problem. I could hear the annoyance in the email, like "let him do his job."

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2759 on: January 04, 2021, 01:44:54 PM »
fucking bureaucracy.  Can't get away from it anywhere.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2760 on: January 05, 2021, 12:19:13 AM »
In this crazy day and age no one wants a job during covid.

Indeed.  It's fucking crazy hey mate.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2761 on: January 05, 2021, 12:22:11 AM »
This DC I work at closed only Christmas day.  Open 364 other days.  Out counts are 6 times above our threshold.  We normally have to keep it under 40 trailers to sort.  We have 239 trailers.  the highest ever.  I am burnt.  I've been on for so long that it's affecting me.  I looked at the time clock last night ever hour.  I went to bed at 9:15pm and the alarm went off t 4:50am  was awake ever hour.

That is brutal.  Mate, Chad is right.  For years I did 80 hour weeks and at times worked 7 days straight in peak period.  It took me many years to realise I was the fool.  They don't give a fuck and if you left tomorrow, nothing will change.  I don't know your work or anything but I hope you're getting paid for every hour.  Another crucial mistake I made.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2762 on: January 05, 2021, 06:49:14 AM »
I'm the manager though so I can't randomly call out.  I'd love to take a few days off but with the counts so high it's not a good look.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #2763 on: January 05, 2021, 07:50:04 AM »
Nice when you do make it down and the rona simmers we'll have to meet up for a beer. All my family is in florida so I'm there frequently.

Deal.

It's amazing how much more pleasant Tuesday was when I was only looking at a four day work week :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2764 on: January 05, 2021, 02:07:33 PM »
I'm the manager though so I can't randomly call out.  I'd love to take a few days off but with the counts so high it's not a good look.

Totally understand.  You are obviously a good manager then.